Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 2, 2017 2:49 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This was such a chaotic duel even up to this point of the episode. Playmaker manages to push his skill to the limits while Revolver takes a nasty fall in the fight.

Great duel overall though, the most intense one yet in this series. I hope Playmaker learned something after this experience. Seeing Ignis ins his physical form felt strange lol
Aug 2, 2017 3:29 AM
Dec 2016
Playmaker beat the records! Zero loss for 12 episodes!
Aug 2, 2017 5:22 AM
Sep 2012
Wow this duel ended quicker than I thought, at least I thought it would be dragged out until the end of the episode, that is how Yu Gi Oh! did things in the past, but Vrains continues its reputation as a new kind of Yu Gi Oh! series and I love it.

Finally I am really starting to connect with the characters. Yusaku won, I wasn't sure he was going to win, I knew he wouldn't lose, and not win this early in the episode.

Well in defeat Revolver had some honor and gave Yusaku the medicine he needed. Have to wonder why Revolver never used that on his dad, he seems to be in s similar situation.

Aoi is okay, though Akira might soon be out of the job.

And Ignis true form, he is going to be a barrel of laughs.

Next episode, cool down episode perhaps, I guess we need it. Shoichi x Emma? I think they are the same age, and I might be for it, especially if Emma is Yusaku's sister.
Aug 2, 2017 5:42 AM

Aug 2013
Yuusaku literally sent Revolver flying. Great duel.

Ignis true form... he's so tiny.

Aug 2, 2017 5:52 AM

Apr 2014
Great episode and good way to finish the duel. Looks like the Chess pieces are making their move and so are the Knights of Hanoi. Shits about to get real
Aug 2, 2017 6:33 AM

Mar 2012
Next episode seems to be recap and preparation to enter new arc. I'm currious as to what would happen next. I hope to see more of Aoi next.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Aug 2, 2017 6:57 AM
Aug 2015
It's good how thy have managed to make the duel quite intense but leave the episode in a more humorous tone! AI true form is very odd hahaha
Aug 2, 2017 6:58 AM
Jun 2011
great end to a long dual and ignis true form so tiny
Aug 2, 2017 7:42 AM

Sep 2016
sore wa dou kana?
NANI!!!!
but you still take damage!!!!
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Aug 2, 2017 7:50 AM

Nov 2011
Graveyard Trap card is pretty OP. You don't even expect it, out of your eye, out of your mind.

Aug 2, 2017 7:59 AM

Sep 2015
Did AI just realize to real world with own body? why they only react like oh just that? are program realize itself to real world are normal thing on VRAINS?

I am more convinced now Yuusaku are AI created long time ago or somewhere around there
Into the Internet!
Aug 2, 2017 8:30 AM

Sep 2011
That was a pretty great episode all around, the end of the duel was pretty fun, they actually moved the plot considerably especially now that its established sol technologies as the antagonists, and ai's body was a legit really well done joke with the fake out muscles in contrast to his puny size. Glad the next episode is looking like there wont be a duel episode, kind of fatigued after 5 straight episodes of revolver. I'm sure the filler will arrive soon but I am genuinely surprised at how plot centric the show has been so far.

I do hope yusaku's identity is revealed soonish to the other characters, yusaku teaming up with aoi's brother against sol would be pretty cool.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Aug 2, 2017 9:17 AM

Feb 2013
Aoi is safe, that's a good thing.
Lol, they weren't too surprised when they saw AI's body.
Aug 2, 2017 9:56 AM
Feb 2016
Loved the ending of the Duel, and the mystery just keeps growing.

Also, lol at Ignis' body.
Aug 2, 2017 10:30 AM

Dec 2014
"Ore no Turn! Draw!!"
"Sore wa dou kana?"

I love how Yuusaku can talk like Yugi from time to time. xD

The duel was good, Yuusaku pulling out an insane turn with so many chains from the graveyard cards. He 1-shot revolver in terms of LP.

Really interested in Yuusaku's backstory and it's relation with Hanoi and SOL.

As always, Ignis ftw!
Aug 2, 2017 10:44 AM

Oct 2014
I feel it was too early for Revolver to lose. He wasn't even Kaito level, I'm disappointed. Other than that, I'm almost entirely sure now that Revolver is the friend Yusaku is looking for, and he even seemed to recognize Yusaku from his 3 things statements, which Revolver also have used before. And Yoshida loves making his rivals have a deep connection with each other.
Aug 2, 2017 10:49 AM

Sep 2016
RayofVictory said:
I feel it was too early for Revolver to lose. He wasn't even Kaito level, I'm disappointed. Other than that, I'm almost entirely sure now that Revolver is the friend Yusaku is looking for, and he even seemed to recognize Yusaku from his 3 things statements, which Revolver also have used before. And Yoshida loves making his rivals have a deep connection with each other.
well playmaker also isn't yuma level
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Aug 2, 2017 11:19 AM

Jun 2013
I really like Yusaku. He doesn't talk about friendship whole days like the previous series. His duel skill and personality are perfect.
And his new ace monster's also beautiful too:
Aug 2, 2017 11:35 AM

Oct 2014
ryanstrike said:
I really like Yusaku. He doesn't talk about friendship whole days like the previous series.

Don't worry, the friendship speeches will come sooner or later. Friendship is a core key theme of the franchise, and a staple in virtually all of NAS' shows. Its only a matter of time.

ryanstrike said:
His duel skill and personality are perfect.

And that's the main problem with him. If he's perfect from the very beginning, then what is even the point of the entire journey? Yusaku seriously needs his ass owned to him soon, because he's too much of a self-insert in his own show at the moment. Although if even Revolver couldn't beat him, I'm not sure anybody can.
Aug 2, 2017 11:43 AM
Jun 2011
ZBlastHistory said:
Did AI just realize to real world with own body? why they only react like oh just that? are program realize itself to real world are normal thing on VRAINS?

I am more convinced now Yuusaku are AI created long time ago or somewhere around there
no but as you see he is very tiny so i dont think they want to pay attention
Aug 2, 2017 2:35 PM

Jan 2013
amazing ost ( STOP SAYING THAT THE OST IS BLAND CUZ ITS AMAZING !!!)

amazing duel

amazing mc

thank you for giving my favorite card game anime some integrity instead of the typical FRIENDSHIP EGAO
Aug 2, 2017 6:09 PM

Sep 2015
Poor Ignis at the end. Makes a shocking appearance with his own tiny body to only get ignored as it was basically useless to them. Ignis needs some reactions folks.
Aug 2, 2017 7:25 PM

Dec 2016
That was quite the duel, great finish there by Playmaker to win.

I had a feeling he and Revolver were connected somehow.

We will obviously learn about what happened 10 years ago eventually, I am very curious to learn what dark secrets SOL Technologies are hiding, they were quick in wanting to dispose of Zaizen.

Looks like a lot of fun will occur with Ignis around in his true form, very small though lol.

Looking forward to watching the next episode.
Aug 2, 2017 9:32 PM

Sep 2011
RayofVictory said:
ryanstrike said:
I really like Yusaku. He doesn't talk about friendship whole days like the previous series.

Don't worry, the friendship speeches will come sooner or later. Friendship is a core key theme of the franchise, and a staple in virtually all of NAS' shows. Its only a matter of time.

ryanstrike said:
His duel skill and personality are perfect.

And that's the main problem with him. If he's perfect from the very beginning, then what is even the point of the entire journey? Yusaku seriously needs his ass owned to him soon, because he's too much of a self-insert in his own show at the moment. Although if even Revolver couldn't beat him, I'm not sure anybody can.
I dont think you know what a self insert is cause the show makes yusaku the butt of the joke with his awkwardness. Unless you call winning 4 duels of a card game, 1 of which after getting consistently wrecked for 4 weeks straight (technically losing the speed duel)something that defines a gary stu.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Aug 3, 2017 12:07 AM

Aug 2014
I'm impressed! MC and rival's first duel with a real conclusion without interruption, and MC wins, plus he even OTK his rival to boot. Is this real life?

Really good episode. Only complain I got? Firewall Dragon's signature attack's name could be better, I mean... Tempest attack? Could at least make it Tempest Stream or Cyberse Tempest or something..

Either way, I really like where this is going. As much as I wanted they keep Yusaku as a lone wolf with one secret sidekick, I still want to see more of his interaction with other characters. His brief interaction with Aoi was pretty interesting..
Aug 3, 2017 1:04 AM

Oct 2014
Kay_Lite said:
I'm impressed! MC and rival's first duel with a real conclusion without interruption, and MC wins, plus he even OTK his rival to boot. Is this real life?

Technically, this was their second duel, as the first one ended in a draw, so it still keeped the tradition of the first duel with rival ending with no definite winner.
Aug 3, 2017 6:39 PM

Feb 2016
Boy, what a duel... I like where this plot is going.
Aug 4, 2017 10:37 AM

Feb 2014
After 12 episodes I can easily tell now that VRAINS will be definitely better than ARC-V and ZEXAL together. This duel was really intense, Yuusaku mostly used cards from his graveyard which are btw really OP. He still won in a believable way but now I´m curious what exactly happened 10 years. Also AI being "alive" and overall the general theme of this anime share alot from the .HACK-series.
The second half was really funny, AI getting out of the disk and just as tall as the a little doll with no reaction from the two.

Let´s hope we get some new characters soon, the only thing they could improve is the cast which at the moment is a little lackluster.
Aug 5, 2017 2:24 AM

Jul 2016
I A C T I V A T E A T R A P F R O M M Y G R A V E Y A R D

Ignis isn't evil guys, nope, not at all.
Around the gif~
"It's a big mistake to think you're the only one who can turn into a car"
- Shiori Takatsuki
Aug 7, 2017 5:35 PM

Jan 2008
Wow Ignis looked pretty dam villainous when trying to eat up Revolver. Following patterns of past Yugioh's, I hope it some how influences Yusaku and gives him some bad ass evil form like Yuuya or Judai got.
Aug 7, 2017 9:25 PM

Sep 2011
Paul said:
Wow Ignis looked pretty dam villainous when trying to eat up Revolver. Following patterns of past Yugioh's, I hope it some how influences Yusaku and gives him some bad ass evil form like Yuuya or Judai got.
I kind of dont really want him to have an evil form, I'd rather just see him be put in scenario that makes him lose his shit and get really angry/distressed especially cause hes been pretty composed the whole show so far.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Aug 9, 2017 10:00 AM

Nov 2009
Well that ended up being a decent duel, going to go completely off topic for a moment to say that the OP to this show is absolutely horrendous and I thought Fate/Apocrypha's was pretty bad which grew on me a little but but my God the sooner they change this one the better.
Dec 16, 2017 9:39 PM

Sep 2015
Awesome duel and dam Ai got his body back
Feb 6, 2018 3:23 PM

Apr 2007
Another awesome duel! Revolver is turning out to be a great character. If things keep up he might end up being my favorite. So far he's turning out to be more of a rival than anyone else.

Can't wait to find out more of Yusaku's past too.
Nov 17, 2018 4:00 PM

May 2016
First master duel ends with a really lackluster finish when PlayFAKER decides to use leftover traps in his graveyeard :/
Jun 6, 2019 3:45 AM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
Can't believe I saw Borreload Dragon and Firewall Dragon already !!! EPIC DUEL !!!!!!!!!!!!
張大です for 張大勇督察
Jul 23, 2019 6:55 PM

Dec 2012
Destiny Draw.
5800 ATK.
10 years ago.
Firewall can attack again.
Playmaker won. Revolver got sent flying.
Revolver escaped.
Aoi is awake.
Revolvers dad.
Dat light.
Ai is alive.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Aug 24, 2022 3:23 AM
May 2021
The ending duel was great, the final minutes were cool and I am exited to see more from Varis and other characters.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! VRAINS Episode 110 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2019

8 by zombiesaredead »»
Jun 9, 11:33 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! VRAINS Episode 108 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2019

8 by zombiesaredead »»
Jun 7, 5:59 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! VRAINS Episode 98 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2019

8 by zombiesaredead »»
Jun 5, 3:53 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! VRAINS Episode 82 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2018

14 by zombiesaredead »»
Jun 2, 3:19 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! VRAINS Episode 70 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2018

20 by zombiesaredead »»
May 29, 5:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.