Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 24, 2017 10:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pretty good penultimate episode.

They made the match more intense in the ring with the theme song between The Third and Yellow Tiger Mask. Did I enjoy the match? Hell yes.

It got brutal to the point where even biting is even involved.
Jun 24, 2017 1:56 PM

Jun 2013
Aaaand.. we'll never learn of The Third's identity it seems.
Weakness is a sin!
Jun 24, 2017 1:57 PM

Jan 2013
wow they had the dude no-sold that first Rainmaker...way to protect the main guy's finisher

nice to see KUSHIDA, Hiromu Takahashi, Tenzan and Satoshi Kojima in the crowd

i gotta a feeling this show ultimately became a near yearlong commercial to bring back and advertise Ibushi Kota to New Japan
Jun 24, 2017 3:16 PM

Jan 2014
Stark700 said:
Pretty good penultimate episode.

They made the match more intense in the ring with the theme song between The Third and Yellow Tiger Mask. Did I enjoy the match? Hell yes.

It got brutal to the point where even biting is even involved.

Pretty sure this was 39 episodes long right? Correct if I'm wrong, duh....

Anyway this was a great finish. Those two wasted no time in going at it simple and brute, unleashing all their power moves one after the other. This wasn't nearly as violent as the original fight but it was still tense as hell. Both people meant business.

Disappointed that The Third wasn't unmasked, but oh well.........he still got served some justice for being piece of shit he was. For a survival of the fittest bastard so obstinate like him, defeat is in itself the worst punishment he can get.

I wonder how the next episode will play out.
Jun 24, 2017 3:36 PM
Oct 2016
Good end, even if the build up and pacing wasn't the best. Still, I really dug the old school feel and drawing styles and wished more anime would try to bring that feeling back.

Can't help but also feel like the show is really just build-up/filler towards a "Spring Tiger" spin-off, which I feel will actually be more popular and successful if it happened.
Jun 24, 2017 7:27 PM

Jan 2014
xLeeroycranex said:
Good end, even if the build up and pacing wasn't the best. Still, I really dug the old school feel and drawing styles and wished more anime would try to bring that feeling back.

Can't help but also feel like the show is really just build-up/filler towards a "Spring Tiger" spin-off, which I feel will actually be more popular and successful if it happened.

X Woman the Second when?
Jun 24, 2017 7:37 PM
Jul 2014
dannymilk said:
i gotta a feeling this show ultimately became a near yearlong commercial to bring back and advertise Ibushi Kota to New Japan

That's what i thought when I saw the finish. Which just happened to coincide with him being announced for this year's G1 tournament lol. Which...actually makes a lot of sense TBH. The working theory is that Omega/Okada is the WK13 event. But if Okada loses the title to Okada before that and Ibushi wins G1, then it sets up Omega/Ibushi forWK13 aka a Golden Lovers reunion.

Or maybe I'm overthinking.
Jun 24, 2017 7:50 PM
Oct 2016
BGMaxie said:
X Woman the Second when?

Looks like she'll be managing Spring Tiger from here on out. Maybe they'll tag team.
Jun 24, 2017 8:09 PM

Oct 2016
Interesting and uplifting to see Odin team up with Takuma in the American local matches. And boy that smile of Mammy she finally got her hands on a Tiger.

The Third being unsettled that the initially clearly weaker Tiger Mask is getting up from one powerful blow after another (including Sacrifice) was brilliant. He didn't need to be unmasked - him being scared was enough. And scared he was, by the phantom of the Tiger's Den coming back to haunt him, by said phantom not only landing successful blows one after another but countering his. And being knocked out by the very finisher he boasted to have figured out? That was just the cherry on the goddamn top.

Looking forward to the Spring Tiger episode.

EDIT:

One another thing. It's actually good The Third ended up never being unmasked. Coupled with Takuma returning to wrestling at full strength, Daisuke training how to walk again, Kevin looking for Takuma as if his maskless Miracle 2 thing never happened, Miss X seeking out Haruna, even Odin showing up in the ring again...

It's like this new Tiger's Den never even existed. All the bad things they did were essentially rolled back and people came out on top from all of this. The Third's mask left on... it's like Naoto was meant to say 'you're not worth it to be unmasked. It doesn't matter who you are. You don't exist.' That's the worst punishment. Not just defeat - oblivion.
Tiger_The_GreatJun 24, 2017 9:42 PM
Jun 24, 2017 11:53 PM

Feb 2012
Low_Ki said:
dannymilk said:

That's what i thought when I saw the finish. Which just happened to coincide with him being announced for this year's G1 tournament lol. Which...actually makes a lot of sense TBH. The working theory is that Omega/Okada is the WK13 event. But if Okada loses the title to Okada before that and Ibushi wins G1, then it sets up Omega/Ibushi forWK13 aka a Golden Lovers reunion.

Or maybe I'm overthinking.

Na seems like it'll be a Omega vs Ibushi & The American Nightmare vs Okada!! Cant wait for July 2nd!!!
Jun 25, 2017 12:21 AM

Jul 2013
So Date Naoto is still missing?
Jun 25, 2017 12:27 AM

Oct 2016
JerryFlynn said:

There's still one episode left...
Jun 25, 2017 12:41 AM

Sep 2011
Well that was a pretty good ending. Too bad we had to wade through a bunch of shit to get here. Oh, also it's not the last episode. For pete's sake
Jun 25, 2017 12:53 AM

Jan 2013
Now that was a nice raw smackdown of a match. It felt so satisfying watching the Third gets his long awaited comeuppance.

Not sure what's the deal with the final episode. They could've ended it here but I guess they got one more ting to do.
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Jun 25, 2017 1:16 AM
Sep 2015
Two tigers live as one. Naoto and Takuma confirmed as OTP. Those women were left in confused at the airport. The funniest thing is even Kevin was left confused at the airport too LOL
Jun 25, 2017 2:17 AM

Jan 2011
Pretty nice, even if it was all a bit abrupt. They should have had the match go over into the next ep.
Jun 25, 2017 2:24 AM

Sep 2013
Amazing ending.

Unlimited budget and epicness for the fight,the new mask is fucking beautiful too,i hope we will get another tiger mask season tho even if its with different characters.

a solid 8/10 anime,loved it to death.

The next episode is probably going to be filler tho so i won't count it.
Deep dark fantasies
Jun 25, 2017 3:31 AM

Oct 2014
Great episode and ending to the main storyline. Overall, really enjoyed the show. Even though I had some reservations at a point where I felt things were getting repetitive with match endings, but that sorted itself out in the long run.

As for never learning the identity of The Third. That's one of those things where the truth would end up less interesting than the mystery. We never needed to know who he was behind the mask, it never mattered.

The one thing that I felt was somewhat of a downer was all of Naoto's efforts with Ruriko being completely overshadowed by Ruriko nursing Takuma back to health. Even after Ruriko learned that Naoto was the Tiger Mask she admired.

Not sure how another season would make sense seeing how apparently Tiger's Den is somehow completely disbanded now.
Jun 25, 2017 4:58 AM
Sep 2015
Meltzer better rate that match 5*.

And look, a cameo of Kota Ibushi, the guy who portrays Tiger Mask W in real life.
MrRoMaGiJun 25, 2017 8:26 AM
Jun 25, 2017 5:18 AM
Dec 2015
I love this episode but they're going to end it off with filler tying up a plothole no one really cares about. they're going to end it like that after this amazing episode
Jun 25, 2017 5:30 AM

Jun 2015
dannymilk said:

nice to see KUSHIDA, Hiromu Takahashi, Tenzan and Satoshi Kojima in the crowd

I also spotted Ryusuke Taguchi.

MrRoMaGi said:
Meltzer better rate that match 5*.

****½, no Misawa, no Tokyo Dome.

Aww, they left their waifus at the airport...
Kevin: TAKUMAAAAAAAA!!!!!

I hope that, now that the show has basically finished, Ibushi will be back for real.
Jun 25, 2017 8:05 AM

Jan 2014
Tiger_The_Great said:
JerryFlynn said:

There's still one episode left...
I thought it was 39 episodes long and this is 38, oh well, we'll see.

Also you might want to modify your signature since clearly Tiger's Den isn't gonna return anywhere now (except hell maybe?) :P
Jun 25, 2017 9:14 AM

Oct 2016
BGMaxie said:
Also you might want to modify your signature since clearly Tiger's Den isn't gonna return anywhere now (except hell maybe?) :P

<points finger at BGMaxie dramatically> The Tiger's Den will ALWAYS RETU-- <turns around as somebody is poking at my back, sees the clearly annoyed Grim Reaper> Well... um... er...
Jun 25, 2017 10:01 AM

Jun 2012
I don't mind that the unmasking didn't happen, even if initially I really wanted to see it. It all got wrapped up very nicely. so I am pretty happy with the ending overall. The part with Kevin looking for Takuma at the airport killed me! They didn't stop teasing us with it until the very end, and it was pretty hilarious :D

Even though at the beginning I felt so-so about this show, the longer it went on, the more I liked it. Now I'm really gonna miss it. I hope your predictions for a spin-off are true. I'll take anything at this point :P
Jun 25, 2017 10:30 AM

Oct 2013
What a great finale, elevated the show from a 6 to a 7 for me (last week's was also great).

Yeah I know it isn't the last episode, but the arc is done.
Jun 25, 2017 2:13 PM

Jan 2014
Mladen said:
I don't mind that the unmasking didn't happen, even if initially I really wanted to see it. It all got wrapped up very nicely. so I am pretty happy with the ending overall. The part with Kevin looking for Takuma at the airport killed me! They didn't stop teasing us with it until the very end, and it was pretty hilarious :D

Even though at the beginning I felt so-so about this show, the longer it went on, the more I liked it. Now I'm really gonna miss it. I hope your predictions for a spin-off are true. I'll take anything at this point :P
Incoming Tigress the Great as the new enemy :P
Jun 25, 2017 3:01 PM
Nov 2013
That shot of the final Tiger Fang was totally amazing. In the end it was worth watching it, you could see the budget going hard in the fight
Jun 25, 2017 11:50 PM

Mar 2013
I can't believe it's ending next episode and it looks like filler but it doesn't matter right now this episode was amazing and we finally find out why this is called Tiger Mask W. Miracle 1 being defeated to a real champ which is funny seeing as how in the last episode everyone said he would lose and he wanted to prove to them that he could win, not really important but I found it funny that they were right in that he would lose the match. I was surprised at how serious W was he gave it his all against The Third I just wish the match was longer because it went by so fast before I knew it, it was over.

Oh god the soundtrack to this was amazing watching them counter one another while intense music is playing really mad the fight that much more intense and exciting. I have to say that ending was perfect it was funny and also shows the two tigers moving on one going to america and the other going to mexico. Still not a fan of naoto just giving up on ruriko so easily to takuma I felt like they could have added a few episodes there to explain it unless neither of them are aware of the other's feelings or better yet neither of the girls have confessed to them yet.

I wonder what happened to the third after the match did he just retire or just disappear? I hope that later down the line (although I doubt it would ever happen) they make either a continuation whether it be a special, OVA, another season or Hell even if it's a movie I'll be content but if it doesn't happen it doesn't happen but I would still love to see this continue in any way just with a little less filler.

one thing that still bothers me is that the third knows at least I think he knows who fukuwara mask is cause I remember in one episode fukuwara used a certain move that the third recognized or something like that I can't remember the exact details of it but at one point Fukuwara and the third looked at each other as though they knew each other. so I'm disappointed they didn't do something with it or at the very least had a match.

another thing that kind of bugged me is that nothing really happened with Mr. X or Miss X for that matter I mean at least miss X had a match and lost but at least it was something unlike Mr. X who barely did anything other than be an intimidating business man.

a part of me still says takuma should have been the one to defeat The Third but whatever. oh and they did over do it with the amount of tigers we have black, dark, the second, the third, mask, W, spring and I think there was a few more but that's all I could remember.
Jun 26, 2017 12:07 AM

Oct 2016
FallenEntity said:
a part of me still says takuma should have been the one to defeat The Third but whatever. oh and they did over do it with the amount of tigers we have black, dark, the second, the third, mask, W, spring and I think there was a few more but that's all I could remember.

Takuma DID defeat The Third - in the previous episode. Not only that, he sent Big Tiger II right after his boss, straight to hell. Naoto deserved his shot. Takuma even told him: Your turn, go get him.
Jun 26, 2017 12:20 AM

Mar 2013
Tiger_The_Great said:
FallenEntity said:

Takuma DID defeat The Third - in the previous episode. Not only that, he sent Big Tiger II right after his boss, straight to hell. Naoto deserved his shot. Takuma even told him: Your turn, go get him.

no I know that I meant as a final fight it would make more sense had it been takuma, but you are right one tiger can't have too many badass moments each tiger is limited to a certain number of badass moments and takuma used all his up in the last episode.
Jun 26, 2017 12:51 AM

Oct 2016
And in your outline you actually forgot King.

There's the protagonists: Tiger Mask, Tiger the Dark and miss agent, aka Spring Tiger.
There's the three tigers: Big, Black and King.
And there's the big boss of them all, Tiger the Great.

Compared to the original series, we have two new arrivals, both on the good side of things.
Jun 26, 2017 9:16 AM

Aug 2014
A lot of shitty fights to build up to this point, but goddamn that was amazing. Never even thought about the titular W, but in hindsight it should have been obvious.
Sieg Zeon!
Jun 26, 2017 3:14 PM

Oct 2011
that shoulder-chin kick combo was sick af

all in all it was a pretty fun series

"When the time is yours,
the future is waiting,
The person you become,
and the people you're creating.
"
Jun 27, 2017 6:35 AM
Dec 2013
I want a Spring Tiger spinoff
Jun 29, 2017 8:43 AM

Nov 2009
Nice final fight, Naoto won and it was spectacular and satisfying. Poor girls though (+Kevin, lol), left behind without a second thought, lol. Good to know Miss X is still in business, she's a bitch, but a smart bitch who has some measure of common sense and can dial down her pride when the situation requires it (unlike Mister X), so I love her - and more than all the other girls in this show.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Jun 30, 2017 12:59 PM

Nov 2015
That Episode made me out of words , I really hope to have another season next few years , But I guess it will take another 30 years that if they wanted to continue , I'm really interrested about tiger Mask the first and the second , I guess I will watch them ASAP , but man that episode was really one of the most enjoyable things anyone can have , it ended up somehow like Dragon Ball fight xD but I'm truely sad that it;s over , next episode is kinda a filler but excited for it !
Jul 1, 2017 5:33 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
It was the beste episode of all the season, a great fight full of intense a beatuiful Naoto movements!!!!

Tiger Mask W? This was genial how using both mask, Tiger Mask and Tiger the Dark Mask, mixed to do a cool mask and the born of a new pair fighters!!!!

I don´t understand why don´t end this episode the series because was the cum lauden of the season, the Tourmalet of this anime when great final!!! Now i have to hope a new episode when the young girl will be the new "tiger" in woman style!!!! kekekeke
Jul 1, 2017 1:11 PM

Oct 2015
that was an intense fight between the third and tiger mask w I really loved it. even though the third was a baddie I have to respect his never give in till da end attitude, he was a beast to be reckon with. I felt like this episode was the last compared to how they wrapped up, the preview looks boring of spring tiger again and Mrs x.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 1, 2017 1:33 PM

Oct 2016
Most importantly, The Third demands respect his grandfather never deserved after he abandoned his Miracle 3 persona and assumed the white tiger mask. The Third used foul moves way less, winning matches maybe in a brutal but still clean way, over the course of the series we see one instance of him attacking after match was called, one case of unruly cut-in, one case of double-teaming and one case of tearing off the mask prior to actually winning. That's FOUR FOULS over the course of matches aplenty. Compared to that, his grandfather, the original Tiger the Great used almost exclusively foul moves, tricks and tactics, and that's just for two fights.
Jul 3, 2017 2:44 PM

Aug 2016
One of the most intense episodes I ever watched in anime, 10/10 for this episode :')
Nanika ga Okashii
Jul 16, 2017 2:37 AM

Nov 2016
Man, what a journey. I never thought I'd enjoy an anime about pro-wrestling this much, much less finish it or come to love it as much as I have. It's corny and over-the-top a lot of the time, but so is all of anime in general. It's been nearly a year since the show first aired, and I'm already starting to miss it.

The final fight was everything I could have hoped for: incredible action, brutal take downs, and the spirit of the tiger on full display. I suppose the title for this episode was truly fitting... Farewell Tiger, indeed, farewell.
Aug 5, 2017 11:14 PM
Mar 2012
Loved the whole fight, some martial arts, grapple holds & locks, special moves all chained with reverse counters. Some of the tiger stills are great.
Very good end to Naoto & Takuma's journey.
Lol all the girls & lol Kevin left behind.
Mar 11, 2023 7:01 AM

Apr 2019
I still don't get the whole Fujiwara Mask thing, is it a refernce to the first 2 series, and if so, to what exactly?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tiger Mask W Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2016

21 by Leeeol »»
Nov 29, 2023 4:26 PM

Poll: » Tiger Mask W Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2017

29 by Arlindox0 »»
Feb 28, 2023 4:42 PM

Poll: » Tiger Mask W Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2017

18 by Arlindox0 »»
Feb 28, 2023 4:24 PM

Poll: » Tiger Mask W Episode 18 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 11, 2017

29 by Arlindox0 »»
Feb 26, 2023 4:16 PM

Poll: » Tiger Mask W Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2017

16 by Arlindox0 »»
Feb 26, 2023 3:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.