Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 13, 2017 5:23 PM

Apr 2016
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Honestly, they didn't necessarily do all of what they could with Armed Blue: Gunvolt given that it was 21 minutes. I bet fans of the games will probably eat this up more. The action was ok and so was the beautiful Lumen's songs. Definitely ties in with the game. Maybe there will be a complete adaptation of these games? Who knows.
CodeBlazeFateMar 15, 2017 10:18 AM
Feb 21, 2017 1:04 AM

Nov 2014
Have no idea about the game but enjoyed this probably more for the possibility and characters rather than the animation and pacing.
Mar 15, 2017 9:50 AM
Jul 2016
Gah, I need a full 12 episode anime of this at least... ;-;
Mar 15, 2017 10:07 AM

Apr 2016
p-lbx_news said:
That probably would've worked in some capacity, as long as the studio knew what they were doing if they went that route.
Mar 15, 2017 12:30 PM
Jul 2016
CodeBlazeFate said:
p-lbx_news said:
That probably would've worked in some capacity, as long as the studio knew what they were doing if they went that route.
I see. I'm a big fan of the games and Lumen's music, so this kinda disappointed me a little. ^^;
Mar 15, 2017 12:46 PM

Apr 2016
p-lbx_news said:
CodeBlazeFate said:
I see. I'm a big fan of the games and Lumen's music, so this kinda disappointed me a little. ^^;
Haven't played the games, but I'm sure they're better than this drab adaptation.
Mar 15, 2017 3:01 PM
Jul 2016
CodeBlazeFate said:
p-lbx_news said:
Haven't played the games, but I'm sure they're better than this drab adaptation.
True. The games are much better. If you want to play it, it's available on 3DS and Stream I believe. :)
Mar 15, 2017 3:04 PM

Apr 2016
p-lbx_news said:
CodeBlazeFate said:
True. The games are much better. If you want to play it, it's available on 3DS and Stream I believe. :)
I hope to play them someday.
Mar 15, 2017 3:05 PM
Jul 2016
CodeBlazeFate said:
p-lbx_news said:
I hope to play them someday.
I hope they will be on the Nintendo Switch ^^;
Oct 12, 2017 3:45 AM

Dec 2014
It wasn't as bad as I thought it was gonna be would deffo like a full anime series of this
Oct 15, 2017 3:27 AM

Nov 2011
I still haven't played the 2nd game but already listened to the songs. I wish I have all the time to play. I also wish they do a proper adaptation.
Maybe because its just an OVA, but the new songs are not as good as the game ones.
To those who play and listen to the songs, do we already have a full version of that duet song? Can't recall the title. I only got the gamerip and the solo full versions.
ernstOct 15, 2017 3:34 AM
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Nov 5, 2017 8:54 PM

Dec 2012
Dat tag!
Dem tags!
Dat shock.
Gunvolt!
Cyan.
Shiden on tv.
MORPHO!!!!!
MONICA!!!!!
Gay fock.
Dat flashback.
GV is alone with that gay fock.
GV excaped.
Monica oppai.
Gunvolt meets Cyan.
Merak appears.
Morpho oppai.
LMAO at Merak saying he only works because he needs money to buy games.
Spark Calibur!
Merak dead.
Morpho so fine.
Monica so fine.
Nowa!!!!!! Dat oppai. So fine.
Acura!

After a long time, I finally get to watch this. I was not watching the 3DS version. It was okay. So glad to see my waifu's Morpho, Monica, and Nowa. Megu with another amazing song. I'm content with an OVA, but I'd welcome a full series so I can see the full body of my waifu's.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Nov 22, 2017 9:50 AM

Aug 2016
Never played the games myself but can't say this got me any interested in ever checking it out though.

Music was okay though so there's that I guess.
Dec 11, 2017 6:03 PM

Sep 2012
That was pretty bland, but I like the game so I had fun watching it :) I would totally watch a full series, so I hope there's official merch I can throw money at to show interest. Should probably get around to playing the second game, too. Someday.

Okay, so are Joule and Lumen just the localized names for... Cyan and Morhpo? I played the game with Japanese audio and just assumed those had propriety Japanese translations, but to find out they're just katakana words? Plus, the fan subs I watched used the English names. I'm so confused...

Also those were total DDR tracks.
Dec 17, 2017 8:11 PM

Jun 2013
Well I guess this was more of a promotional ova for the game. But still I kinda liked it.
Dec 26, 2017 2:24 PM

Apr 2013
I liked this OVA, it's more like a promotional video for the games. Morufo/Lumen is waifutier. I recommend: play this game, for DS or for PC on Steam.
Sep 28, 2018 12:40 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
animation style and quality were acceptable, but the plot and battles were incredibly horrible!!!!
It need to polish more if want to be an animation series!!!! KEKEKE

3/10 to me!!! ;)
Aug 13, 2020 12:42 PM

Apr 2014
it was good for what it was but if anything i would have loved a series or better yet a set of ovs's or even movies would have been great

but still good nonetheless
"one step at a time"
Jul 31, 2022 5:23 PM

Mar 2010
Kind of interested in the game now. It is just a typical rescuing heroine story and leaving his first group. Was pretty short too so I didn't love anything or hated anything.
Dec 31, 2023 8:31 AM
Dec 2023
so boring....boring story
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.