Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 25, 2017 6:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Now that was freaking gross...
The way that guy barfed out like that, eww.

The episode was strange as I had expected even with the festival going on, more so with the autopsy and what they found inside the guy.
Stark700Jan 25, 2017 9:17 AM
Jan 25, 2017 9:37 AM

Jul 2014
Some good bits of character development going on here outside of the disgusting murder of this week's episode. I'm not surprised that Kurusu didn't die, but unusually that doesn't disappoint me either as that made this a much more interesting episode than it would have otherwise been, and will surely hold interesting implications going forward.
Jan 25, 2017 9:48 AM

Apr 2016
For me, the anime feels like a crime thriller. Who is the murderer?

It is still very exciting

I hope in the end it is not something pure supernatural.
Jan 25, 2017 10:08 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
3 episodes in and Takuru already has more development than that annoying guy in CH

I am thoroughly falling more in love with this series with every episode....Also I am VERY HAPPY that Nono didn't die so hopefully she won't be in danger anymore

The mystery behind everything is thickening and I can't wait to see what happens next
Jan 25, 2017 10:18 AM

Dec 2014
Nice episode.

Boy am I glad to see that Nono is still alive. The scene with her telling Takuru about their family was really nice. Takuru's breakdown in his room was also really sad. :(

The next murder happens, Watabe suffocated himself on those stickers, Damn.
Onoe's question on Psychics has led to a pretty interesting link between all our victims. They all seemed to possess some kind of overly convenient ability that almost seems supernatural.

Very interesting in seeing where this is gonna head now.
Jan 25, 2017 11:06 AM

Feb 2008
Whose stickers are those?

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Jan 25, 2017 11:46 AM

Aug 2013
It will end up as my favorite series of this season, probably.
I really like the direction.
Btw, anyone read the visual novel? How close this adaptation is to source?
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jan 25, 2017 11:55 AM
Mar 2015
It was alright.

Nono is getting on my nerves with trying to purseude him to give up the case. Would you tell Sherlock Holmes to give up the case, or historians to give up finding Jack the Ripper? No you wouldn't.

This is definitely an interesting anime to watch, might be one of my favorites of the season.

We'll see how it goes from here.
Jan 25, 2017 12:20 PM
Nov 2016
I think the victims with "psychic" power are megalomaniacs :o
Jan 25, 2017 12:37 PM

May 2013
nice. they skipped festival prep story.
but, the animated gotsandeath is grosstastic.
megmicaJan 25, 2017 12:42 PM
Jan 25, 2017 1:07 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Feels like they skipped a chunk of school-life content there but I reckon it wasn't super important to the plot anyway

In either case, this is definitely both fucked up and intriguing at the same time. Pretty good
Jan 25, 2017 1:09 PM
Jan 2017
episode 3 Anime vs Visual novel almost close but this episode to rush & it skip some part story from Vn for example Festival Prologue story from the VN.
Jan 25, 2017 1:38 PM

Jul 2015
That was absolutely disgusting, but thrilling. Liking Takuru more than Takumi. And I actually like Takumi
Jan 25, 2017 2:23 PM

Feb 2008
Well quite a good episode huh :D

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jan 25, 2017 5:51 PM

Jan 2013
More interesting character interactions than the first two episodes, but still I don't care about any of them. Nor is the mystery much intriguing.
Jan 25, 2017 8:00 PM

Aug 2011
rsc-pl said:
Btw, anyone read the visual novel? How close this adaptation is to source?

It's bad. Real bad. Extremely rushed. Cutting lots of things. It already changed a pretty significant plot point. It also seems like it'll mix some different routes.

Everything that happened inside the house was lacking the proper preparation to be emotionally impactful. Everything that happens during this episode should be a huge turning point for Takuru, but we didn't even get to properly get a look at him before, so it ends up being nothing. It actually cut the most important scenes of this development. Holy shit.

I saw a comment that said they didn't know who Kawahara was, and I don't blame them. Probably most people won't even know who Watabe is, either. He literally was just mentioned off-hand the previous episode and they just sorta said he was coming this episode.

And what happened to the visit to AH Tokyo General Hospital?
What are they going to do now that Takuru didn't drop his phone? What the fuck?

Also:

Seriously, why the fuck did they give this only 12 episodes? Fucking Chiyomaru, in the end we'll never see any good Sci-ADV anime besides Steins;Gate. I hope they at least do Steins;Gate 0 right.
selipse4Jan 25, 2017 8:14 PM
Jan 25, 2017 8:39 PM

Nov 2011
Yeah the whole episode I was thinking "Who is Watabe?" I know they mentioned him in episode two but what was his purpose?
Idk things feel severely rushed and not even the festival but the whole story.
Kana is a main character yet she has been irrelevant the whole show so far.
It's still interesting, like Kurusu is obviously something and Kunasoto is a cool character so It will be interesting to see how things progress.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Fall 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jan 26, 2017 12:34 AM
Jan 2017
from my opinion the visual novel games have a better arrangement storyline more than the anime version because silver link skip some part prologue stories it make anime version is losing a little bit main character development more than VN this is what I hate about the anime version even so from what i see the anime version arrangement storyline is look pretty close to the VN. all of murder scene in anime version is ok.

I hope this anime will have more than 20 episodes.
ahan45Jan 26, 2017 12:47 AM
Jan 26, 2017 1:01 AM
Jan 2017
I think i like the Visual novel games cover more than anime cover.
Jan 26, 2017 1:05 AM

Oct 2011
Omg what hell with that guy omg
Psychic.....megalomaniac? ?
Jan 26, 2017 3:44 AM

Dec 2014
well that was something.... more shit happens...how can people even die like that....
Jan 26, 2017 4:29 AM

Jun 2015
Good episode i'm glad that Kurusu survived and that one scene was disgusting.
Jan 26, 2017 8:01 AM

Sep 2013
It's obvious they skipped the festival characterization scenes and just went over it in some shots, but it wasn't too bad in the grand theme of things.

Kurusu survived and they are involved in it in some ways, possible hypnosis/brainwashing.

Jan 26, 2017 8:53 AM

May 2010
yep dropped. simply not good enough
Jan 26, 2017 4:53 PM

Oct 2012
Rushing was a little bit more obvious this time as they probably skipped many casual events but it was still pretty enjoyable episode.

My only gripe is that Nono got discharged so soon, it's pretty unreal for her to be so well so soon after such wound and losing so much blood. She would be in hospital for quite some time.
So either more time passed or... she is just pretending being wounded.

Well, it's pretty clear she doesn't want Takuru to delve deeper in this shit, she doesn't want his emotional state to go even worse. She doesn't want him to awaken. This is actually the same thing Rimi was doing in the first series so I have all the reasons to believe there is Shogun somewhere who is pull the strings.
Also, as for the man who stabbed her... seems like he could be Taku from the past, serving the Shogun and putting delusion-protecting barriers around.

More so, it was very interesting when Mio asked them about the white light during the earthquake in 2009 cause that could mean she was asking pretty much the same question as Aoi Sena back then, Do you see my sword?. It would mean all of them are megalomaniacs too.
And Onoe cluelessly using telepathy on Mio and the detective while in their clubroom was another hint. Not to mention the gero-frogy she was holding while doing that - it was probably the reason why her powers were so sharp.

Also, their teacher seems like pretty suspicious character too, coming in precisely when they were talking about those clues.

1. 9/7 Don't look at me
2. 9/19 Leaky Noise
3. 9/29 Revolving Dead
4. 10/10 Sticker Belly
5. 10/23 ???
Jan 26, 2017 11:19 PM

Jul 2016
The shows getting more intense every episode. I'm glad that Nono was fine, I thought that the stab was too fatal. Kinda curious with the mysteries of the events here are being linked with the events of C;H. Looking forward for the next thrilling episode.
cronoSpirAJan 26, 2017 11:27 PM
Jan 27, 2017 5:28 AM

Dec 2009
Really dislike Kurusu. It's her own fault she got stabbed, who in their right mind goes to a place that is though to become a murder scene in the middle of the night all alone?
And then she uses that to guilt trip Takuru...
Grim1952Jan 27, 2017 5:40 AM
Jan 27, 2017 7:45 AM

Jun 2013
shouldn't a stab like that be fatal?!
Jan 27, 2017 2:02 PM

Jul 2009
Mich666 said:

Hmm
Jan 27, 2017 3:23 PM

Oct 2012
Grandius said:
Hmm

Can tell you I only played the first game so those were really just my guesses based on hints they are giving out in each episode and on how story is structured in similiar way. One can't simply not see some things and even though Silver Link is rushing a bit, they are still making sure to put in all the important leads it seems.
But you are right, I'm still not sure which ending of the first game, if AA or B this is based on, as those are diametrally different so my guesses are just trying to find out how those two games actually connects together.

Well, and if there is another reason, I have several other theories:

Also, still wondering about Momose's role in all this as she's certainly precisely the connection I'm looking for. She was the first one who ever mentioned GE-rate in the first series and without her hint it would came out a lot differently so I think her true role is bigger than it seems. Let's hope the next episode sheds some new light on those questions.

All-in-all, this is certainly great series to follow as they laid out some pretty solid ground to base your speculations on and each episode is giving out new hints to solve the mystery which is great. And it also lets you theoretize about everything, unlike Occultic;Nine which was just rushed trainwreck in the end.
Jan 27, 2017 4:58 PM

May 2015
Yea.... even with low expectations, I'm still disappointed with this... I knew this coming into it, but still, I wanted to believe that that wasn't going to be the case. Anyhow, I dislike how most of the events happening have being downplayed-glossed over.

I might stick with it for a bit longer, maybe even the whole duration of the series. It still somewhat entertaining to watch, but hardly anything to get exited about.

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Jan 27, 2017 10:57 PM

Jul 2016
Just seems so so rushed.

Every time you get a new bit of information it is backed up by another piece before yu can synthesise it.
Jan 28, 2017 3:45 AM
Mar 2012
Maybe rushed, duno Watabe, wanted a bit more on culture fest, but i find the mystery building up nicely.
That death was 'juicy' Taku style.
Kurusu pacifist stance really clashes with Taku, since crimes'll likely happen near him regardless, & maybe he could solve it. But her va was quite good, esp with the motherlike doting before Taku's breakdown, and trying to stop his psychic searching.
Interesting how Onoe mindread ability shown in ep2 already but wasnt explained till now. Lol now she has more deathflags.
Jan 29, 2017 12:03 PM

Jul 2009
Mich666 said:

About your spoiler
Feb 3, 2017 3:58 PM
Jan 2017
This is a bunch of bullshit. Did Nono Kurusu die? Did she get fucking stabbed to death by a fucking robber who doesn't give a fucking shit about our Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels?

Star Wars: The Last Jedi is fucking dead!!! We will order Lucasfilm to to give up Star Wars in 2024 for making our lives extremely fucking hard!!!
Feb 9, 2017 5:35 PM

Jan 2008
Rofl, what the actual fuck. Did "What's the number for the police?" really make it into the script? That's worth a whole -1 to the score.

It's been 3 episodes and I still don't know why this guy is even encouraged to do any of this.
PaulFeb 9, 2017 5:54 PM
Feb 9, 2017 7:08 PM

Oct 2008
episode is scary but still lacks intense factor!

Feb 12, 2017 5:20 PM

Feb 2013
Sticker barf!

3 episodes in and I'm still not that hyped about it. It's not bad, but it's lacking something... better characters? I don't know.

matias067 said:
episode is scary but still lacks intense factor!
That's it! It lacks intensity.
Feb 17, 2017 4:26 AM

Apr 2014
This is going downhill pretty fast.
Feb 18, 2017 2:05 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
another strang episode, and another death with a lot of stickers incluyed!!!

I can not watch the end of this anime, only i go on the plot without a course!!! kekeke
Mar 4, 2017 7:13 AM

Jul 2009
I am glad Nono is ok, but I believe she knows something about the MC, coz she was worried when he was talking about "powers"
May 15, 2017 3:30 AM

Mar 2015
Glad to see Nono is ok, but lmao I was in the middle of dinner while that vomiting scene was going on
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
May 27, 2017 1:10 PM

May 2012
Holy moly this episode was grotesque! Pretty impressive development if you ask me.
Jun 29, 1:03 PM

Jun 2009
Reply to Mich666
Rushing was a little bit more obvious this time as they probably skipped many casual events but it was still pretty enjoyable episode.

My only gripe is that Nono got discharged so soon, it's pretty unreal for her to be so well so soon after such wound and losing so much blood. She would be in hospital for quite some time.

Well, it's pretty clear she doesn't want Takuru to delve deeper in this shit, she doesn't want his emotional state to go even worse. She doesn't want him to awaken. This is actually the same thing Rimi was doing in the first series so I have all the reasons to believe there is Shogun somewhere who is pull the strings.
Also, as for the man who stabbed her... seems like he could be Taku from the past, serving the Shogun and putting delusion-protecting barriers around.

More so, it was very interesting when Mio asked them about the white light during the earthquake in 2009 cause that could mean she was asking pretty much the same question as Aoi Sena back then, Do you see my sword?. It would mean all of them are megalomaniacs too.
And Onoe cluelessly using telepathy on Mio and the detective while in their clubroom was another hint. Not to mention the gero-frogy she was holding while doing that - it was probably the reason why her powers were so sharp.

Also, their teacher seems like pretty suspicious character too, coming in precisely when they were talking about those clues.

1. 9/7 Don't look at me
2. 9/19 Leaky Noise
3. 9/29 Revolving Dead
4. 10/10 Sticker Belly
5. 10/23 ???
@Mich666

To clarify: She technically IS in hospital. Aoba Dormitory where they live is also a clinic and their adoptive father is a doctor, so she can receive treatments at home...

Yes, I know that I'm answering a seven year old comment. Just in case some poor soul watching this mess will have the same question...

Never saw no miracle of science, that didn't go from a blessing to a curse
Never saw no military solution, that didn't end up as something worse

More topics from this board

» Does this take place in Steins;Gate timeline?

rikuhod - Jan 18, 2017

14 by SciADV_Maniac »»
Jun 19, 2023 8:27 AM

» The Dubbed Version

PersonaTexas - Jan 17, 2016

3 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
May 14, 2023 4:54 AM

Poll: » ChäoS;Child Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2017

87 by MilesCampbell »»
Apr 3, 2023 1:14 PM

Poll: » ChäoS;Child Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2017

45 by MilesCampbell »»
Nov 18, 2022 9:04 AM

Poll: » ChäoS;Child Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 18, 2017

58 by Dogstideta »»
Oct 8, 2022 7:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.