Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 24, 2016 9:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well I guess it felt like a finale with all the girls coming together with their power-ups, transformations, etc.

But seriously, another fight against Hinata..? really? I thought the show could of done better. Pretty predictable ending as well with everything being normal again , meh.
Sep 24, 2016 11:03 AM

Apr 2010
Well the ending of another anime and it was a nice ending tho i would have liked to seem some more.
Some how it seemed a bit like an open ending.
But it was ok a guess.
Sep 24, 2016 11:56 AM

May 2012
Guess we never learned what Ouroboros was or its goal, other than the fact that it wanted to speed up the 5 Worlds destruction

Happy ending(?), I guess. The world's gonna end eventually, but still

The anime was pretty repetitive but I still enjoyed it

6/10 from me

Gonna miss the opening lol

Sep 24, 2016 12:33 PM
Jun 2010
Stark700 said:
Pretty predictable ending as well with everything being normal again , meh.

And pathetic. Not to mention cheesy.
Sep 24, 2016 12:40 PM

Feb 2008
I guess it was okay with ending neither bad or good.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Sep 24, 2016 1:21 PM

Apr 2014
Pretty meh...I stay only for the fan-service.
5/10
Sep 24, 2016 1:21 PM

Dec 2014
Everything is back to normal!

This show isn't very good in my opinion. More or less a doubled-edged sword. The plot is terrible, but everything else is alright. (The comedy was surprisingly good in particular) It was my guilty pleasure of the season. Still though, if I wanted a dumb show with lesbians in it I'd rewatch Cross Ange or Koukaku no Pandora over this.

As a result of that, I'll give it a 5/10.
Sep 24, 2016 2:04 PM

Jul 2013
At the end, the friendship wins again, what a surprising outcome.

About the series itself, well, it was okay. The plot was mediocre and I didn't quite liked the direction the show took after the third episode, but the fight scenes were cool and well made and the comedy was funny, things who made the show enjoyable.

I didn't expected anything from this, since I only decided to pick the series thanks to some of the cast rather for the plot, tbh, so I got what I believed I would got; cute girls fighting against the evil forces and having yuri moments. 5/10.
Sep 24, 2016 2:51 PM

Nov 2013
damn i was expecting them to go up in ranks...but UC -> EXR is a bit too much in such a short amount of time lol expected them to go SR or something and then maybe do an ova or a second season for EXR

overall i totally enjoyed this...
unlike qualidea and rewrite where i didn't like the end...i liked this one =D
also...rating went to R+ as expected =D

edit: the opening...the song is nice but why did they have to place all that talk there as well? geez...
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Sep 24, 2016 3:17 PM

Sep 2014
It had a fine ending for what it was. 5/10
Sep 24, 2016 4:12 PM

May 2015
Guess it was good enough for a finale.

I don't know, this show was a pretty big disappointment. I started watching this only for the yuri (vibes) at some point. I loved the OP song, though.

5/10.

Sep 24, 2016 4:42 PM

Apr 2014
bath scenes: the anime
Sep 24, 2016 5:25 PM

Jun 2011
So every Alpha Driver besides Amane is dead? The tower was completely obliterated.

Better than Battery/10
I wish Cowboy Bebop never existed.
Sep 24, 2016 6:09 PM
Jul 2018
Too bad, we never learn about Ouroboros's goal!

The ending was so meh!
Sep 24, 2016 7:29 PM

Aug 2013
Reverberate__ said:
the yuri (vibes)

It ended being a lot more than just "vibes" though, and that's why it gets a 10/10 from me, any show that has sisters doing it, 2 times, deserves it.
Sep 24, 2016 10:10 PM

Sep 2015
This anime not good not bad, 6/10 from me really. I think the last few episodes ost pretty good. To me its better than Qualidea Code lol.

The story and ost are actually smooth, I like how they sequence the plot every episode in each character.
1. First meeting with Amane
2. Interaction with the team or their sempais(bath scene)
3. The military sisters corner, sometimes there is 2 corner in an episode
4. To the other world defeat the sempai and saving them
As you can see there is many parts for each character in every episode or 2, it is no small feat to fit many parts together and of course eventhou given the story is a bit cliche "friendship saving the day".

Not many anime able to pack this much stuffs in an episode smoothly. A good anime watcher should be able to see this anime is actually more worth than you think, sad that many only think of the bath scene eventhou bath scene only take a small amount of time plus cencored and not sexy at all in every episode.
Sep 25, 2016 2:15 AM

Jun 2015
I liked this than most of the shows this season. Tho the plot is repetitive, it makes sense and executed efficiently. The animation, music, dialogue, fights were all good and that light saber action was well done.

what pleased me was its yuri theme and dialogues - they were well written unlike some other hyped shows which turned out to be a disappointment. Also they tided it well in this last episode. we get to see the whole cast in action with due attention given to the plot and mcs - an area even good shows struggling with.

It was nice to see the senpais in action. The show did better than expected. :)

7/10.
Sep 25, 2016 7:21 AM

Jun 2014
Action: alright
Story: few nice moments here and there
Characters: tropey but ok
Cheesiness levels: acceptable
Fanservice: silly
Overall score: average

5/10 and definitely better than Qualidea Code
Sep 25, 2016 9:12 AM
Mar 2016
the anime was ok but what happened to the rest of the alpha drivers and other progresses
Sep 25, 2016 11:07 AM
Apr 2013
All in all, I think it was done fairly well.
A bit rushed, and the animation is not the best thing around, but I found the dialogue to be good.
The last episode itself was a bit better than I expected if I must say so myself. While it didn't resolve the whole premise of the series, the way they closed off was quite acceptable.
Was not expecting Saya to dual wield or use a double saber either, but that's not really a big of a deal.
I had been skipping the opening narration bit after the first few eps, interesting to see that they made a small change to it this time.
The final post credits scene was a bit...awkward?
Sep 25, 2016 12:00 PM

Dec 2014
Is that a Dreamcast? o_O

This anime's soundtrack is great I must admit.
5/10 overall.
Sep 25, 2016 1:58 PM

Jul 2009
Finally, everyone is safe now!
And Amane own Saya's bowl lol
The songs were pretty good, I just can't understand why they spent so much time in the bath or naked, those damn "lights" were annoying, so 6/10.
Sep 25, 2016 3:38 PM

May 2012
Blancchet said:
Is that a Dreamcast? o_O

Yeah, I think so lol Considering the publisher of the game is Sega, I think, it makes sense. There was also the academy in the PSO2 anime, which was named 'Seiga Academy,' iirc lul

Sep 26, 2016 6:08 AM
Mar 2012
Olem said:
Blancchet said:
Is that a Dreamcast? o_O

Yeah, I think so lol Considering the publisher of the game is Sega, I think, it makes sense. There was also the academy in the PSO2 anime, which was named 'Seiga Academy,' iirc lul

lol looked familiar. Now i want a Neptunia sequel.
This season had quite some shit shows. Where this show had the better animation & ost of the season, but rather boring with formulaic story & perma bathing.
Many yuri ships & characters became quite likeable with the sensible dialogue/VA quality, especially Elel/Ramiel. World end plot more like a backdrop, as arcs were quite character centric with Saya & friends developing.
gophercgSep 26, 2016 6:14 AM
Sep 26, 2016 6:57 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
A great last episode that brought all the girls together to finally repel the enemy.

To think that Hinata sempai would fall back to the dark side
But then again Hinata is the perfect final boss for Saya though
because Hinata was always Saya's role model

Combat this episode was good as always
especially with the extra blood(large) version of weapons that they are using this time

And even better when Amane is back and activates the link. The UC class went from UC to Ex thanks to the bonds with Amane that they managed to reforge.

As expected of Hinata in that she can easily repel even the most determined of attacks despite their teamwork

And now even the exr exceeds have to step up to stop the enemy

Teamwork is a beautiful thing indeed

To think that the doctor can also fight as well
thats a surprise

Hmm i didn't expect Amane to be lonely of all people though
since she's so friendly and can make friends easily

Im glad that Saya finally got the chance to apologize to Amane and say whats really in her heart

Nice to see that she's still as positive as ever when she's free if still a bit
of an airhead But saya will always be there for you

And now the exceed link is back
its time for the endgame
They must really miss their link weapons though
to think they went from the bottom uc class to the top ex class though
by solving all of their problems now that was amazing

The stronger the bond is with their A driver the stronger the exceeeds will be
and now with their bonds to Amane much stronger so is their power

The end part where they get saved by the sempais that they respect and saved was a nice touch

I guess no one expected the uc class to save the world

Overall a great episode and a great end to such a great anime
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 26, 2016 10:54 AM

Dec 2012
Good episode to end the anime. The bond between the girls became stronger over the episodes. Nothing really good to notice, it was an just average.

PS : It was fun to learn that the bluray will be censured because the light beams are generated by Saya.
Sep 27, 2016 11:30 AM
Jul 2009
Can't believe how much I loved this show. I really felt for the characters.

9/10
Sep 27, 2016 3:02 PM

May 2013
Ahegyao said:
So every Alpha Driver besides Amane is dead? The tower was completely obliterated.

Yeah, we need a final scene where Amane's feet crushes the skull of a fallen alpha driver and says "I am the only alpha female keft in this island, any objection bitches?" >_<

Albeit formulaic, this series was a lot better than Valkyrie Drive.

Tohka_Yatogami said:
Too bad, we never learn about Ouroboros's goal!

Since ouroboros looked like dicks, IMO they were an allegory for the male invasion that attempted to destroy the yurilicious world this girls live in.
mangamuscleSep 27, 2016 3:09 PM
Sep 27, 2016 10:51 PM

Mar 2009
Something about the after-credits scene was very endearing - her being happy about the one favorite she receives on twitter. Finally, someone has acknowledged her existence.
I thought it was a very cute scene, which is what you can say about Ange Vierge in general: cute show.

BTW, Almaria was great. And the yuri sisters!
Sep 29, 2016 11:00 AM

Apr 2014
Yet another anime had ended. And I kinda enjoyed watching this.
Well, I'm gonna rate this anime a 6 (or 7?) out of 10 score overall.
I only watch this because Ayane Sakura was one of the voice cast here.
Haters always gonna hate.
Oct 2, 2016 4:31 PM

Apr 2012
6/10, wasn't so bad I guess.
It was enjoyable somehow, just a nice thing to kill time with.
The main thing I really enjoyed was Aoi Yuuki's evil Raimel.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Oct 5, 2016 7:46 PM

Oct 2008
It was a satisfying episode ender.
5/5.
7/10.

Oct 7, 2016 4:05 AM

Apr 2014
This was meh. The only good thing was the OP and ED.
Oct 8, 2016 10:01 AM

Feb 2014
I know I should be used to it, but the expression of friendship in this anime was so much and intense that bothered me a little. I can't help but to compared to real life.

Liked the action scenes itself.

7/10 - 1 (due to the NTR in episode 05 LOL) = 6/10 ^_^
TechOtakuOct 8, 2016 11:01 AM
Oct 15, 2016 1:51 AM

May 2014
I can't believe I watched this until the end... this was awful.
Character designs and OP and ED were great tho. 5(+1)/10
Oct 20, 2016 4:13 AM

Nov 2009
Ahegyao said:

Better than Battery/10

Well, their "crystals" are pretty much indestructible, so the alpha drivers are still alive.
Now, they just have to rescue some more progress girls and have them reconnect with their alpha drivers too. It will take a while, considering that a lot of progress girls are still unaccounted for, but they will surely manage to do that.
Oct 24, 2016 3:38 AM
Feb 2015
How can everyone actualy thought the ending was either good or ok?

it wasn't, its a middle finger to everyone of us.

its SILVER LINK guys, its not some casual producers, they made awesome animes, they shouldn't have made this crap, even more insulthing is the ending.

story: rushed
chars: rushed (exept Nya, Nya is best waifu)
ending: rushed, not explained, left us with a huge question:
what the fuck is gonna happen? the ennemies aren't dead at all...

3/10.
Oct 24, 2016 12:02 PM

Dec 2015
This anime kind of grew on me. I honestly didn't expect so many deep quotes from this show haha
Nov 25, 2016 9:22 PM

Oct 2012
Only complaint was how for the final attack Amane sent everyone apart from Saya to the sides for what I presumed would be support or a pincer attack but then Saya just lands a finishing blow on Hinayana and I'm just thinking, "what about everyone else? My girl Nya doesn't get any more attacks?" xD
Also disappointed still that Nya never got closer to Saya like the other girls. We got Saya x Almaria/Elel/Stella/Amane but no Saya x Nya T^T
cries for best girl Nya

Overall tho a really fun ride for me. Solid 6/10 (maybe 7?) although that ending felt a little out of place
AlbertoRaccoon said:
This anime kind of grew on me. I honestly didn't expect so many deep quotes from this show haha
Same
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Dec 17, 2016 7:26 AM

Apr 2011
Ending was okay. It was nice to see them turn into EXR even for a short amount of time. This was a fun ride. I never got really bored.
Jan 28, 2017 1:29 AM

Jan 2014
only stayed because of fanservice. even though the beam and shadow really annoying.

5/10 because of cheesy ending.
Sep 29, 2017 4:10 PM

Nov 2013
This anime in a nutshell:

Either way, it was quite enjoyable and the fights were nice. The ending was cheesy, but I don't mind.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Nov 8, 2019 12:56 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Only fan service and animation were good, I disliked the rest
4/10
Jun 13, 2021 3:12 AM

Oct 2007
enjoyed the final episode. Took some team work to take down the powered up Hinata.

glad that Amane is safe, and they also have a better friendship now. :>

my Ange Vierge package from CDJapan has arrived. :)

a big fan of this anime, but had no extra money when it aired 5 years ago. Obtained items now that I have cash to spare. Satisfied with the purchase.

took some pics. Sorry, could not flatten some pages perfectly, as it would ruin the art book if I did so.

Ange Vierge cross L.I.N.Ks manga

enjoyed the manga, it has plenty of Remiel and her two friends.

Ange Vierge - Koshiki Visual Fan Book

surprised there are a lot more "Progress" girls than shown in the anime.

Ange Vierge Symphonia Book 2014

"Ange Vierge (Anime)" Intro Theme: Love Is My Rail [Regular Edition]

Jun 21, 2021 8:14 AM

Feb 2020
Excellent and emotional ending.

Overall, this was much better than I expected. The animation was great although that constant censorship annoyed me. The story itself wasn't anything special, but definitely not bad either.

All the yuri, blushing, love confessions and the characters clinging to each other and begging for attention were obviously the best things in this show. <3

Almaria, Elel, Mayuka, and Ageha were my favorite characters.

SerafosSep 2, 2023 11:45 AM
Jun 4, 2022 7:37 PM

Jan 2010
When α-drivers fall to the dark side, they create a barrier or shield around their hearts that enclose them and reject the world.

So...an AT-Field?
Jul 7, 2022 1:22 PM
Mar 2018
I know I'm 6 years late but I just really want to know, Who liked Amane's tweet at the end? Was it Saya?
Aug 15, 2023 10:21 PM
Des31

Oct 2020
Not that bad kinda enjoyable to watch but I'd prefer amane to be the mc (well the story will completely changed tho), the op and ed is surprisingly good hmmm 7/10

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ange Vierge Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2016

89 by Megumin830 »»
Jul 22, 1:38 PM

Poll: » Ange Vierge Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2016

42 by Shocked »»
Jun 5, 2022 9:37 AM

Poll: » Ange Vierge Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2016

15 by Shocked »»
Jun 4, 2022 7:07 PM

Poll: » Ange Vierge Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2016

20 by Shocked »»
Jun 2, 2022 9:12 PM

Poll: » Ange Vierge Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2016

27 by Shocked »»
May 31, 2022 7:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.