Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 12, 2015 11:50 AM

Aug 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I initially thought that the twist would be the old lady being the grownup Lunn, despite how there would have been limited camera technology when she was a that young.

This ending was nice too, being much more positive than I first imagined.
Feb 4, 2015 4:16 PM

Jun 2014
I really enjoyed this. The idea of becoming emotionally attached to/infatuated with a picture of someone is something I can easily understand, because I have experienced it myself.

I'm glad this ended well. This is a very, very underrated OVA that more people need to know about.

Jun 12, 2016 2:26 AM

Dec 2015
Nice happy story.

5/5
Score: 6/10

I don't remember its title but this reminded me a movie or US TV anthology show I watched when I was younger. It had the same events: attraction toward an old depiction of someone (a photo or a diary, not sure) then a later encounter with the grandchild.

Nov 6, 2017 10:46 AM

Apr 2016
Quite a nice story I have to admit
The dearer you hold a memory the more painful it becomes.

May 20, 2019 4:44 PM

Jan 2013
So basically a story about schizophrenia, huh.
Jul 29, 2020 7:44 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
The deep meaning beyond the show was indeed spectacular knowing the fact that this show aired far away from my birthday. Like my comment above the show really depicting that idea of some dellusion boy that fall in love with the poster girl. It was indeed can be refer as some people nowaday relations that somehow imagined the unreallistic into a real one. It was disgusting as the society might labelled it crazy sick.

However, that shit was real, and we can't really blame that people sickness. The main idea by giving the freedom of that kind of people was marvelous. Look how the MC boy had a massive bad life. His struggle, the realistic condition that conflicted with his own idealism. Even he might had some suicidal thinking that way out of his mind. Fortunately, he was saved by some condition and made him moved on his mind. That packed nicely done in 20 mins marked with a really relaxation conclusion in the end. I am really satisfied with the flawness. Yet, the story might be a classic. What could you did with this classical anime? Atleast the storyline had a nice touch. The story was indeed a great marble that flying freely in the thin air, like Lunn poster that fly in the sky of the city.

With that all conclude in to a one nice little story packed. I don't have a doubt to give this a maximum 8 on my list. Thats it.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 12, 2022 7:21 AM

Aug 2017
Basically boy meets a 2D waifu and gets attached, nothing changed in 4 decades. I thought the twist would be that the poster was designed from the ground up and no girl exists, but the one presented in the end is good too.
Jan 25, 3:58 PM
Jan 2021
Well that was one of the strangest things I've seen. That kid is going to jump in front of the train for real as soon as that girl declines going out with him, which why shouldn't she? Just because she returned your bag doesn't remotely mean she'll fall in love with you. He's set up all these expectations and she's got her own life that has nothing to do with him. Glad the episode ended before all hell broke loose. And why did he take the poster wrapped up on a baseball bat to school? Why not just fold it and slide it in his bag? So weird in every respect.

And like the posters above, I also thought it would be either the old woman or a completely original drawing with no model.
May 30, 5:24 PM

Jul 2017
But of course. Tezuka.
𝐿𝒾𝒻𝑒 π’Ύπ“ˆ π’Ώπ“Šπ“ˆπ“‰ 𝒢 π“‚π‘’π“‚π‘œπ“‡π“Ž
ㅀㅀㅀㅀㅀ𝐿𝒾𝒻𝑒 π’Ύπ“ˆ π’Ώπ“Šπ“ˆπ“‰ 𝒢 π“‚π‘’π“‚π‘œπ“‡π“Ž
ㅀㅀㅀㅀㅀㅀㅀㅀ𝐿𝒾𝒻𝑒 π’Ύπ“ˆ π’Ώπ“Šπ“ˆπ“‰ 𝒢 π“‚π‘’π“‚π‘œπ“‡π“Ž (ᐒ..ᐒ)
γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€ »[π’₯π“Šπ“ˆπ“‰ 𝒢 π“‚π‘’π“‚π‘œπ“‡π“Ž]«
Oct 15, 8:31 AM

Jul 2013
The ending feel's just too whimsical. I could imagine younger Makoto Shinkai making something great out of this premise.
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.