Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 4, 2015 3:49 AM

Sep 2008
Boring. Worst episode so far. The show has been going downhill a lot over the past few episodes.
Jan 4, 2016 4:42 PM

Jun 2008
opondica said:
I don't know how Honoka manages to gain weight when she's some hyperactive girl whose main activity outside of school demands that she exercise regularly (and strenuously too, based on everything they showed the first season). If she'd been neglecting idol stuff for student council stuff maybe I could understand but I get the distinct impression that she's not the one who does most of the student council work.

facade63 said:
Just flat boring. i hate to be that guy but this isnt even close to how good season 1 was.

where is the singing? this is more slice of life club show than an idol group this season.

mg021 said:
meh, not one of the better episodes this season. thought the whole student council bit was completely unnecessary. I mean c'mon... you're really gonna start giving shit to the student council because they made one filing error. when's the last time the freakin' art club saved the school from being shut down? what, never? that's right. now please gtfo

edit: I'm kind of on the fence when it comes to agreeing with facade63. when they do sing, it's great and I enjoy it. It does seem, though, that those scenes are short and sort of abbreviated. I guess I'm still just not sure what to think after enjoying the first season as much as I did.

They do sing more frequently than they play music in K-On!, though.

I think they actually have struck a good balance between depicting the idols actually doing shit that you'd expect them to do if they're to be at all successful as idols and showing them goofing off and doing stupid pointless crap. But then I find the comedy in this show funny and like it as much for the character interactions as for the music - if you like music but aren't that into slice-of-life anime then I can see why this might be a bit disappointing.

I'm a little surprised at disappointment from people who liked the first season, though - I don't feel like they've done less in the way of 'idol stuff' and actual performances this season. Of course, Love Live! has always felt to me as though it was missing some of the trappings of idol-dom: you basically never see them contacting anyone to figure out lighting, stage equipment, scheduling, or music, for instance. And yes, I refuse to believe that Maki does all the music herself - there's more than just a piano in those tracks.

The show made clear how. Because despite her being an overactive girl at the same time she was constantly shoving things in her mouth. And many of them quite fatty things at that. If she wasn't overactive she would have been fat with the way she eats.

Em...just because she uses a piano to help her wright the music it doesn't mean she can only write piano music. She's writing the melody. How that is gonna be played is another thing.

danieltortoisee said:
Why do they even need to lose weight to begin with? It's not as if they're fat or anything. On the bright side, that silent running argument outside the restaurant between Hanayo and Honoka was actually pretty funny though.

EDIT: Still a really pointless episode though, but no surprises there.

Is this a joke? Their idols for damn sake. Image is important and a nice silhouette is important too.
Also that is how people stay thin. By caring about putting a few pounds and start working to lose it even before it becomes obvious in their outside image. If the let themselves become fully fat before they start caring then losing weight will be a lot harder.
"OMG! but they don't look fat", well yeah that is the fucking point. To do something before they start actually looking fat.
MonadJan 5, 2016 12:30 AM
Jan 28, 2016 5:35 PM

Sep 2014
I love this show and I know that, as they are idols, they must be skinny and such. But this episode was just... idk man we should stop promoting this idea that being fat is such a tragedy, this kind of stuff is why most girls (and also lots of boys) grow up full of insecurities. Honoka and Hanayo didn't look fat at all, and don't tell me that "they must do something before they do" because the other girls looked at them and treated them like they already were fat. Also they need to be thin, not literal stick figures.
And the whole problem being solved by not eating? Wtf man... just... that's so wrong on so many levels.
I hated this episode.
Burning in Osomatsu hell.
Jun 15, 2016 5:16 PM

Aug 2012
-Honoka episode?
-Does the scene on the roof mean that Hanayo doesn't see Honoka as a friend?
-The scene of Honoka and Hanayo's first visit to the rice shop sounded really lewd, and this Umi screenshot from last season is relevant again.

-Well everything is falling apart again with the one lapse of absentmindedness from Kotori, but I thought that the thing felt kinda out of place
-The pacing was kind of hard to follow in the second half of the episode, like one of the club reps mentioned noticing the student council room's lights being on "lately" when only one instance was shown. There's like no mention of the passage of time.
-After seeing Honoka goof off for most of the episode it was kind of refreshing to see her taking some responsibility and actually doing some student council duties. I didn't mind the way that the weight loss issue was resolved since it was pretty goofy, which suits Honoka really well, and it lets the viewers see what the new council actually does.
-Student council singing the ED, but Hanayo catches the feather, which was kind of weird but whatever
-Final scene of the episode and the episode preview make it seem like next episode is a Nozomi episode which should be hype

This episode was okay
Jul 9, 2016 2:45 AM

May 2008
Another stupid and shitty episode...

Only funny moment is the jogging part...

But still i don't understand why so many peopl like this shit...
poinless secund season is pointless...
Nov 11, 2016 7:15 AM

Nov 2011
Episode that gives space to a topic so far avoided, although compared to other affontate situations so far, is of secondary importance. Storytelling fun and nice, however it has the merits as to grow the collective and again show the climate of unease experienced by Eli and Nozomi. Drawings and animations, very good, ditto the OST.
Nov 13, 2016 1:00 AM

Jun 2011
Honestly, the only good thing about this episode was the silent jogging between Hanayo and Honoka. This is by far the worse episode this season, great message btw. Don't eat :P
Jan 21, 2017 1:30 AM

Nov 2016
if you watched this with speakers and you're at the scene where Honoka convinces Hanayo to eat rice.. people who aren't watching will think you're watching hardcore yuri

But this was such a cute episode. really gave more depth to the OT3's friendship too
Feb 10, 2017 12:04 PM

Sep 2014
Umi was so strict and scary! Poor Honkers. xD

Hanayo and Honoka falling into the rice and noodle temptation was funny. (Dat breathing and moaning audio, though.)

Looks like next episode will be about Nozomi. Interesting.
Apr 16, 2017 5:15 AM

Apr 2015
The best part was when Honoka and Hanayo were communicating with each other about going to the restaurant. Other than that, it was a meh episode.

Nozomi episode next? Yes please :)

“Even if the attention isn’t forever, I’ll keep singing.”
Jun 1, 2017 6:44 PM
Jul 2016
I just saw Hanayo eat the biggest jelly filled donut ever. I can´t stress it enough how good this anime makes me feel. Great motivator and mood booster.
Sep 27, 2017 12:12 PM

Aug 2013
The problem this time is Honoka's weight. Her mother and sister lost all hope. XD
Umi is strict and scary.

Honoka & Hanayo jogging scene was funny.

Finally, a Nozomi episode next.

Nov 1, 2017 8:50 PM

Sep 2016
Very nice episode, and also Umi scares me sometimes.
Jan 1, 2018 2:26 PM

Sep 2013
Umi is strict but still loves her friends :'(
Honoka and hanayo weight problems and honoka fixes the student council budget mess up.
Feb 19, 2018 5:08 AM
Jul 2018
I thought it was a good episode. I love how hanayo was teasing honoka with food and ended up being in her situation haha and the rice restaurant scene was hilarious. Umi's a pretty bad influence tbh - forcing them to lose weight despite being virtually stick thin.
Sep 25, 2018 5:44 AM

May 2016
I actually really liked this episode and how it deceived me about the letter being something serious when it was actually not. I ain't prepared for the tense drama parts just yet...

Umi was kinda harsh on Honoka but I think that stricter diet regimens are actually very common in the idol industry because the slightest noticeable amount of weight gain could affect public ratings like how the girls who asked for autographs only admiring Honoka's energy despite complimenting Kotori and Umi's figures. I was surprised that Honoka needed a diet because I figured Hanayo would be the only one who needed to lose weight because of her love of rice but it paved way for that priceless panting scene~

That absentminded mistake that stemmed from the Art Club attempting to get their budget approved right away became a wake-up call for the 2nd-years to be more responsible members of the student council. Taking everything into consideration and giving everyone an equal share that will assure that there will be no struggles in each club during these trying times in Otonizaka High. Nozomi being asked out by Eli for a parfait to comfort her after her realization that their days together will soon end was very touching ;~;

Apr 20, 2019 7:22 AM
Sep 2017
an episode about diet and Student council problems not what i wanted

felt kinda boring was expecting more of competitive environment b/w the µ's and A-Rise this season but guess not
Jun 15, 2019 9:54 AM

Apr 2018
Well good thing they could eat again lmao. Honoka is getting more responsible as time passes
Jul 24, 2019 1:12 AM

Jul 2012
Of course Honaka became the devil on Hanayo's shoulder haha.

I also like that they only really needed to point at food to communicate 😂
Oct 8, 2019 2:19 PM

Nov 2016
Lol, being on a diet is tough.

And that jogging scene seriously cracked me up haha.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 14, 2019 10:36 PM
Apr 2018
The funny moments are stronger than season one's. I seriously crack up while watching them.

Hanayo and that big af rice ball. I love it when characters like to eat.

Good episode about the council. Now I see what Eli saw in Honoka, she handled the situation very well. Man, I'm getting sadder and sadder now than Nozomi has remind Eli that they won't be around for too long. The way she was asked to eat was touching.
Oct 23, 2019 1:39 PM

Aug 2007
Yeah, this was the worst episode in the whole entirety of Love Live at this point.

I understand idols have to stick to a diet and weight considering their social and career status, but I don’t want to see high school girls get upset about their weight. It’s depressing.

Aug 29, 2020 8:23 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
No, Honoka weight problems. Such a basic thing. But obviously its served as a serious matter for idol like her. Umi's caring her like oni actually was so sweet. They mad, they loved, right? But seriously, though. They both really had a great chemistry after so much happening lately and before. Even when i thought about their overall personality was so contradictory. If they just share their own strength and weakness together, trusting each other with their kind heart, the result must reach the good end. Yeah, they would be able to develop a little by little and support each other pretty well. Especially their personalization, and generally of their performance. Thats the point i had on this episode, pretty solid one, if i can be honest here.

So, afterall, its looks like Maki had some jealousy over their great relations there. Well, its seem the next one must reached her too. Anyway, its an amusing episode too. Its no needed such a deep story wise like some previous episode to built in to something like that. Its just simply being Honoka's antic resolution in the end, still plus Hanayo though. Their sounds of frustation was so something there. I mean, look at when they found out that rice bowl restaurant. Its somehow awakened my boner. XD
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 1, 2021 1:17 PM

May 2018
And this is why you don't piss Umi off :O
Apr 5, 2021 9:19 AM

Feb 2020
That was so fun. Umi is so strict on Honoka .All those facial expressions in this episode were priceless.

SerafosJun 30, 11:28 AM
Mar 3, 2022 9:59 AM

Jan 2022
honestly least favourite episode of the season, if you're gonna make a whole episode about characters needing to lose weight, atlesat make it look like they've gained weight. The whole time Honoka and Hanayo looked the exact same even after both of them were "back to their original weight"

the student council bit was alright, but it just felt like they ran out of ideas for the rest of the episode
Mar 5, 2022 8:20 AM
Aug 2020
they were already skinny i dont think that was a real problem
Mar 5, 2022 8:20 AM
Aug 2020
they were already skinny i dont think that was a real problem
Mar 19, 2022 12:18 PM
Feb 2021
as a recovering anorexic? yikes. not a fan of this ep lol
Apr 22, 2022 10:24 AM

Jul 2019
The letter was a about the Honks weight? I thought it was about Honoka forgetting to apply for Love Live or something equally important.

The panting scene is hilarious!

Nozomi next time. Nice!
Jul 23, 2022 6:50 AM

Aug 2020
All girls have encountered this problem called gaining weight. Honoka striving to go on a diet but kept eating with Hanayo was so fun to watch. Also, the budget gone wrong was kind of out of picture but I'm glad they resolved it properly on their own without the help of Eli and Nozomi ♡( ◡‿◡ )

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
May 3, 2023 5:16 AM

Feb 2020
So... I just watched an entire episode abou girls having gained a little weight (completely unnoticeable) and being pushed around by their "friends" so they go on a diet and lose that tiny amount of weight they gained. I know the idol industry-and Japan in general- is like that but that's such a bad message... I get the show's goal isn't to question the industry but it is very clumsy as a result.
I like this season better than the previous one but, even if there is an improvment, there are still some clear issues with the messages and the way the girls interact with each other, to an almost uncomfortable level at times. I know I probably shouldn't take it so seriously but it's hard to ignore.
Oct 14, 2023 8:16 AM
Jan 2022
I dont like weightloss narratives that push over exercising and restrictive eating
Jul 31, 12:32 AM

Jun 2021
agree that this is the weakest episode with this wonderful first generation of characters, agree that Yukiho's cliffhanger discovery buildoff was a weak one, agree that the budget subplot was a boring one, confirm that someone like Honoka should have never replaced Eli in such a role, but disagree about Umi having become the devil, "fat-phobic" or other modern oversensitiveness words read on social media in recent years. As much as strict and cold she acted against Honoka and Hanayo, she was 100% right.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2014

192 by AnotherWeeb_ »»
Yesterday, 2:54 AM

» What's your favorite song of μ's?

RitzueX - Sep 16

16 by DeTrixter »»
Sep 23, 5:03 AM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2014

138 by MeatyHobbertson »»
Sep 1, 9:19 AM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2014

114 by _untitled »»
Aug 5, 1:28 AM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2014

144 by _untitled »»
Aug 5, 1:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.