Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 3, 2008 11:15 PM

Sep 2007
Well I plan on buying the Macross Remastered box set (This one http://www.robotech.com/store/viewproduct.php?id=93, its rather rare in stores actually, most places just have the single volume Macross DVD's). And Currently I'm waiting for my Macross Plus Volumes 1 and 2 (I would have gotten the box set or the movie, but it was only $6 for both of them!) to come in the mail from Amazon. Macross II is also next on the list.

Although this isn't exactly Macross, I do have the Robotech Remastered Protoculture collection (21 Discs including all 3 Chapters of Robotech and Robotech II as well as the pilot dubs for Macross and Mospeada before Robotech was put into production).

As far as Merch I have the 1/100 Scale Do You Remember Love edition of Max's VF-1A, So not worth the $29 I paid for it, its incredibly flimsy, his gun always keeps falling apart, can barely be kept up on the stand, and everytime I try to transform it, it feels like its going to break (i.e. this figure line http://www.robotech.com/store/viewproductpreord.php?id=259)

I'm going to try to Aim for the Robotech Masterpiece collection VF-1S, yes its not exactly Macross but damn the packaging is nice and so is the plastic quality.
UltraTienJan 3, 2008 11:32 PM

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Apr 25, 2008 3:49 AM

Apr 2008
I have the whole Southern Cross serie, New Generation, the last part of Robotech; Macross Saga and Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles. And I have watched: Macross Zero, Macross 7 , Macross: DYRML and is watching Macorss Frontier.
HakazuMay 25, 2008 11:58 AM

May 6, 2008 5:01 AM
May 2008
I own almost all of Macross on DVD, many from Hong Kong DVD, abd a few that I compiled from AVI into DVD with Nero. Also have all the Robotech series in 2 formats, 3 if you count the OLD RMs I downloaded back in the mid 90s. Recently obtained the SDC Southern Cross, SDC Orguss and Mospeada series to round out the collection.
May 13, 2008 10:51 AM
Apr 2008
I think the Animeigo set is the best for the original series, not too awfully pricey either. But damn I want the SDF-1 coffee mug on that robotech website!
May 18, 2008 6:38 AM

Apr 2007
I have the 3 Animeigo box sets (total: 9 DVDs). They're super-awesome and have great features. The DVDs have some cool artwork and information included as well.

I also imported the Macross PS2 game from Sega and a VF-19 model.

May 25, 2008 11:58 AM

Apr 2008
Blazingluke said:
I have the 3 Animeigo box sets (total: 9 DVDs). They're super-awesome and have great features. The DVDs have some cool artwork and information included as well.

I also imported the Macross PS2 game from Sega and a VF-19 model.

Really? From where?

Jun 20, 2008 9:32 AM

Apr 2007
I got the DVDs from Amazon a while ago, I got the PS2 game from Play-Asia.com, and the model from Sci-Fi Anime in Montreal.

Jun 23, 2008 8:08 PM

Jun 2008
I've got the AnimeEigo 9-DVD set of the original series and the Manga releases of Plus and Plus Movie Edition. I have DYRL, 7 and its spinoffs, Zero and up to current of Frontier as fansubs. They need proper release here. Damn you, Harmony Gold and your dubious trademark.

For toys, I've got Yamato Super VF-1J Max & Milia, Yamato VF-1A Max from DYRL, Yamato YF-21 + FAST Packs, Bandai VF-17S, and Bandai/Takatoku reissue VF-1A Hikaru from DYRL.

Games I have Robotech Battlecry, Macross for the PS2. I also have the PS2 games Another Century's Episode 2 & Another Century's Episode 3, both of which feature Macross among many other mecha series. They're super fun, and they actually represent the Valkyries better than the dedicated Macross games.
Jul 31, 2008 11:18 AM
Feb 2008
Hey all, I just joined the club. I've been a Macross fan for quite some time, despite Macross II being my first real exposure to the franchise. I don't have a whole lot of Macross stuff, but I'm always on the look-out for some new stuff.

Anime:
Superdimension Fortress Macross TV Series DVDs (AnimEigo 9 disc, single box)
Superdimension Fortress Macross Do You Remember Love? JP LaserDisc
Robotech: Macross Saga VHS volumes (don't remember which): FHE Versions
Robotech: Southern Cross VHS (again, different ones, not complete) Palladium Books versions

I've also got fansubs of some of the other series lying around on different formats.

CD:
Macross Song Collection (original TV series, DYRL, and MacII songs)
Macross 7 Song Collections

Book:
Superdimension Fortress Macross Perfect Memory (signed by Ishiguro Noboru)

Model:
I think I still have a nondescript Skull Valkyrie that I've yet to build.

Miscellaneous:
Convention program book signed by Iijima Mari.
Excuse me, I have to evict some delinquents from my yard.
Akihabara Renditions: Anime of the Bubble Economy | MyAnimList
Sep 29, 2008 11:58 AM

Sep 2008
Hiya, another newcomer here. I don't have a lot of Macross stuff either. That kinda thing is hard to come by around here. I do have a 2 1/5' transforming SDF governing over the entrance to my living room, a few 3" Valkrie models, various vhs and dvds of Robotech, Macross Plus on vhs, Macross II: The Micron Conspiracy manga, and some Robotch vidoe games for various systems

Apr 24, 2009 12:24 PM

Apr 2008
Does anybody know when the new Robotech series will air?

Jun 27, 2009 5:32 AM

Sep 2008
I was planning on buying the Box set for the remastered version but I was short on cash when I saw it in one of the local anime video stores in my area. Came back a few days after and it wasn't there anymore.. Bummer, I might just have to buy mine of the net or whatever.
"It's because you exist.. That I'm here right now.."
Nov 4, 2009 9:26 AM

Feb 2009
I only have the ADV DVD releases with the Vic Mignogna/Mari Iijima dub.

I -used- to own a very small scale model kit of the Macross itself in robot form...

Dec 14, 2009 11:59 AM

Apr 2008
Ha.. I only have Macross Plus and Macross 2 movies on DVD. I'd like to possess DYRL one day as it is one of my favourite movies.
Dec 14, 2009 2:49 PM

Feb 2008
Right now I only own dvds:

ADV's Macross thinpak
Macross Zero R2s 1-5 (haven't watched though ^_^')
Macross Plus volumes 1-2

I plan to get this lovely Minmay PVC yearly next year though. If I can find it that is :(
HimboBagginsDec 14, 2009 2:53 PM
[fancy signature here]
Jan 9, 2010 9:31 PM

May 2008
I Have the First Part of the First season of Macross.
Feb 19, 2010 9:04 AM

Sep 2009
I too plan on getting the Macross Remastered box set, I saw it at Anime Boston last year, but I didn't have the cash for it at the time.
Hopefully I'll be able to find it still this year.
Feb 21, 2010 1:58 PM
May 2009
i have only on VHS:
Macross Plus

to bad i dint have enuff to buy Macross II (Ova volume 1 & 2) on VHS
Mar 23, 2011 8:45 PM

Mar 2010
I used to own the entirety of the very first series as well as several of the movies >_< My house burnt a few years ago though so I lost them along with it D:
Jun 14, 2011 1:03 PM

Nov 2009
Well along with owning all of the Robotech: The Macross Saga on DVD and in novel form, I have a Toynami Valkyrie model and I just got 2 of the Robotech Changers models of the VF-1D and VF-1S and a little soft plastic figure of the VF-25 in fighter mode. Everything else is downloads for the time being...
Jun 14, 2011 2:13 PM

Oct 2007
The only Macross things I own are the Macross Frontier music clip nyankuri BD and an official Macross Frontier fanbook/magazine with posters.
Nov 8, 2011 11:51 PM
Nov 2011
I have the AnimEigo box set (9 DVDs WOW!) along with OVA for Macross Plus on DVD. Because of the scourge of the earth known as Harmony Gold, alot of Macross merch doesn't get released in the states so i have to import it. I got the Macross M3 video game for the Dreamcast as well, along with a couple Macross Frontier posters.
Jan 27, 2012 8:34 AM

Jun 2011
Macross series and Do you remember love? DVDs. I really want blu-rays of Macross Zero.

I also got Yamato's 1/60 VF-1A+Striker Pack Max. Movie Ver, and 1/48 VF-1S Roy Movie Ver.
Mar 5, 2012 9:02 PM
Mar 2009
With the new anniversary this year, finally the original series is getting BD releases in Japan. I doubt that the US will get the BDs as companies have to pay double royalties, and right now the market for anime is in the toilet. AnimEigo doesn't even acquire new anime titles, hasn't for years. they get their money with samurai flicks now.

I have the AnimEigo set, the ADV set, and the R2J Remastered set, working on adding subs to it slowly.
I own both the R1s for Macross Plus, the Movie and the Mac Plus OVA set. I have Macross II R1 Movie and R2J OVAs.
I have DYRL R2J 3 disc set.
I have Flashback 2012 R2J
I have Macross Zero R2J 5 DVDs and the BD set
I have Macross F volumes 1-7 on BD and Movie 1 on BD. need the others still

I also own the Robotech Protoculture set, as well as ADV's Mospeada and Southern Cross, plus the 3 singles and artbox for Megazone 23 (Robotech the Movie sourced from Megazone 23 ova 1). I don't have the new Robotech set out. yet.
Mar 29, 2012 8:33 AM
Dec 2007
I own the Ai Oboeteimasu Ka music CD.

I also want to own those 30th anniversary blu-rays. Does anybody have a link to a guide on how to order from Amazon Japan? I'm a newbie when it comes to online purchases so some tips would be greatly appreciated. :)
May 1, 2012 8:33 PM

Jun 2011
megane_sama said:
I own the Ai Oboeteimasu Ka music CD.

I also want to own those 30th anniversary blu-rays. Does anybody have a link to a guide on how to order from Amazon Japan? I'm a newbie when it comes to online purchases so some tips would be greatly appreciated. :)

Pretty much the same as ordering from amazon.com, but in Japanese, and they won't take any responsibility if you don't know Japanese, all questions must be answered in this language. They will only ship overseas by DHL, which is quite expensive, I think you should try amiami.com instead for media discs, although they run out of stock much faster because they tend to have the best price.
Jul 3, 2014 2:32 PM

Feb 2012
I saw Macross Plus: Ultimate Edition being sold at CeX (as well as Akira, Dominion Tank Police, Dai-Guard and MD Geist)

I instantly bought all of those mentioned.

The ultimate edition is basically Manga Entertainment packing both the OVA with dual audio and the Japanese-language Movie Edition together.

Macross Plus remains my favorite to this day.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jul 3, 2014 2:34 PM

Feb 2012
I knew that ADV licensed Super Dimension Fortress Macross in North America but the only region 2 English release for Macross I know of is Manga Entertainment's Macross Plus, has the original Super Dimension Fortress Macross ever been licensed in the UK in English?

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Favorite Songs from all Macross Series ( 1 2 )

hououji_fuu - Oct 8, 2007

57 by Darth_Twin »»
Jul 16, 2019 1:28 AM

Poll: » Macross Vs. Gundam

Dodecahedron-O24 - Oct 30, 2015

4 by Farabeuf »»
Jan 23, 2017 12:45 PM

» Macross series watched

Dodecahedron-O24 - Jul 3, 2010

17 by -Ayu »»
Dec 3, 2016 6:00 AM

» The Macross Anime Challenge

Dodecahedron-O24 - Mar 24, 2016

6 by Lohengrin234 »»
May 19, 2016 4:59 PM

» Will We Ever....?

Dodecahedron-O24 - Oct 30, 2015

2 by Dodecahedron-O24 »»
Nov 9, 2015 7:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.