Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 26, 2013 1:37 PM

Mar 2011
Hi.

I watched Angel Densetsu OVA's a few year back, and recently i re-watched a few times, because is to awesome. So, i was wondering, wy didnt they continued with the story in the OVA's? Does anyone knows wy they dropped such an amazing and extremely funny Anime?

And to me i think its a really original story at the time, which was 1996.

I know that there is a Manga, but in Angel Densetsu the Manga is not even comparable to the Anime which is to many times more awesome, and i dont like the Manga drawings so much.

I checked Angel Densetsu OVA in the site, im really disappointed that such an Amazing OVA is on over 1.000 rank, but i guess its because its not so much known.

Anyways, if someone can tell me anything about wy it ended like that or any news about a maybe re-make version, please post here.

Thank you for the attetion.
Oct 26, 2013 2:02 PM

Aug 2012
Why not? It probably didn't make any money, so they didn't bother continuing it.

Also. I'm sad no one replied to this for 24 minutes; you have my sympathy.

OKAY SO MAL, YOU GUYS POST TO DUMB BANANA CREAM PIE THREADS, BUT NOT THESE?
FOR SHAME.
Oct 26, 2013 3:01 PM

Dec 2012
I don't think they 'ended' it - they didn't plan to make an anime series, except the OVA, which can be considered a tribute to the manga series (its publication, production, or specific releases).

The OVAs and the manga character designs are identical. Why do you think they are different? Except the OVA has colors.

As hilarious the manga is, no one ventured to adapt it all these years. The main reason could be the repulsive character designs (which is exactly the point), but if we consider the modern anime tastes ..., people would take it for some new kink in rotoscoping :D

Anyway, there's a high chance viewers could miscarriage the point ..., so ... keep reading the manga if you liked the OVA, or make a wish to some unknown Anime Goddess with bizarre sense of humor and balls of steel Angel Densetsu to be animated in this century :)
zellamiOct 26, 2013 3:17 PM
Oct 26, 2013 3:10 PM

Aug 2009
Didn't get enough support financially I guess. I don't really see that huge of a difference between the anime and the manga. I actually finished the manga not too long and I really enjoyed it. I suggest you try to give it more of a chance. The art actually improves throughout the volumes. If you look at volume 1 and then the last volume you can see a big difference. At this point I doubt theres ever going to be another anime adaption, especially considering not even Claymore, the authors current and I'm assuming more popular work is not even getting another adaption.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Oct 26, 2013 3:14 PM

Apr 2012
battosai-01 said:
Didn't get enough support financially I guess. I don't really see that huge of a difference between the anime and the manga. I actually finished the manga not too long and I really enjoyed it. I suggest you try to give it more of a chance. The art actually improves throughout the volumes. If you look at volume 1 and then the last volume you can see a big difference. At this point I doubt theres ever going to be another anime adaption, especially considering not even Claymore, the authors current and I'm assuming more popular work is not even getting another adaption.

Its from the same dude as claymore? I have to check it out now.
Oct 26, 2013 3:16 PM

Nov 2010
Yeah I believe the translator even made a note that it was the mangaka's first manga and provided a sample of the later art. It really improves, here's one of the pics.
Like everyone else said, it probably won't get a sequel or remake. Better to just read the manga.
Oct 26, 2013 3:57 PM

Apr 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
Yeah I believe the translator even made a note that it was the mangaka's first manga and provided a sample of the later art. It really improves, here's one of the pics.
Like everyone else said, it probably won't get a sequel or remake. Better to just read the manga.

Lol I can totally see Claymores art in the 2000 picture. It really shows.
Oct 26, 2013 5:22 PM

Mar 2011
zellami said:
I don't think they 'ended' it - they didn't plan to make an anime series, except the OVA, which can be considered a tribute to the manga series (its publication, production, or specific releases).

The OVAs and the manga character designs are identical. Why do you think they are different? Except the OVA has colors.

As hilarious as the manga is, no one ventured to adapt it all these years. The main reason could be the repulsive character designs (which is exactly the point), but if we consider the modern anime tastes ..., people would take it for some new kink in rotoscoping :D

Anyway, there's a high chance viewers could miscarriage the point ..., so ... keep reading the manga if you liked the OVA or make a wish for some unknown Anime Goddess with a bizarre sense of humor and balls of steel Angel Densetsu to be animated in this century :)

Don't get me wrong, I didn't like the Manga drawings very much which for me it has a lot of differences, not just because one is Manga and the other is Anime, they are a lot different, just the fact that Kitano in the Manga looks taller it bothers a little and his face too is wider in the Manga, but it is still really funny, and im reading it. I started it the first time I watched it, but couldn't finish it for some reason, so I re-watched the OVA a few times, and now im reading the Manga, and hopefully, this time I will end the story.

About the Ova just being an Anime adaptation of the Manga, I think it first was supposed to be a series, because at the end of the second Ova, which is in the real format there were two Ovas of 25m which it was put together on one of 50. So, the end of the second OVA wouldn't need the School Principal to end calling the guy which "fix" problematic students. For me at least it gave a little feeling that it would be continued.

The fact that Angel Densetsu and Claymore are from the same Author, it's true and we can see a lot of the Characters in Angel Densetsu showing up again in Claymore, with the most famous being Iruko from Angel Densetsu which looks exactly like Claire from Claymore, there is no doubt about it. An awesome Author.

Sorry for the bad Grammar.
XadowMonzterMay 3, 10:25 PM
Oct 26, 2013 5:29 PM

Jun 2009
Topic Moved
Belongs under OVA being discussed

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Aug 25, 2014 5:47 AM
Mar 2014
The art style of the OVAs is closer to the last few volumes of the manga. All in all, I do think it's decent adaption.

But who knows....we might get an adaption some day. Parasyte came out of no where getting an adaption after all these years (though the quality remains to be seen...though the trailer at least seems up to par, even if a few of the character design changes are worrisome).

And it's a fairly solid series, it's mostly the gritty art-style of the first few volumes that really turns people off.
Jan 1, 2016 9:19 PM

Nov 2014
probably cuz the art was bad
but look at One Punch Man, the web comic version is bad but the redrawn version is good, and MadHouse adapted it into this awesome anime right now that got tons of fans. So this manga has a chance...if the mangaka or someone else decides to redraw it better
Nov 1, 2020 9:04 AM

Jan 2013
haha for some1 in their teens, mc is norwooding harder than my grandpa.
May 3, 11:50 AM
Aug 2020
They probably just made the OVAs as marketing tool for the Manga
Sep 11, 4:43 AM

Jun 2010
I just found this funny OVA. Makes me laugh the entire show.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Angel Densetsu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

stAtic91 - Oct 5, 2010

67 by Ashhk »»
Feb 7, 3:16 PM

Poll: » Angel Densetsu Episode 1 Discussion

crazyspinz - Jul 6, 2011

29 by Ashhk »»
Feb 7, 3:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.