Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Senki Zesshou Symphogear G: In the Distance, That Day, When the Star Became Music... Episode 10 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 5, 2013 5:01 PM

Jul 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Still trying to collect myself over the event that occurred after the credits.

Sep 5, 2013 6:15 PM

Nov 2011
Wow, I didn't think Miku could be this fast. I amend Chris' efforts for going all out though in this fight.
I also didn't expect her to be this strong tbh...

Shit. Got. Real. Tsubasa was kind of a badass I guess. Poor Hibiki ;.; Damn, I thought this episode was intense/5.
Sep 5, 2013 7:03 PM

Apr 2009
Ogawa's ninja skills were impressive, but the last minutes topped every twist we had in Symphogear so far.
I still don't think her true intentions are evil, this cliffhanger could easily turn into another direction altogether next week. In any case Miku's gear will probably cure Bikki's relic-cancer.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Sep 5, 2013 7:18 PM

Mar 2013
Subs appear, please!
Sep 5, 2013 8:57 PM
Nov 2010
This was an intense Ep, Great fights and wow that ending
Sep 5, 2013 9:04 PM

Sep 2012
New key visual for the series

http://blog-imgs-61.fc2.com/y/a/r/yaraon/key_130905.jpg
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Sep 6, 2013 1:30 AM

Apr 2008
^ Hopefully that means Miku will still hang around for the final battle

Chris is probably going for Kirika instead of Tsubasa. Perhaps she realized about Fine.
Tsubasa will be fine. Miku got lots of headshots from Chris and it do nothing but slow her down for a while.
Sep 6, 2013 9:44 AM

Sep 2012
The show really does not go for the predictable path. Convention wisdom would have Hibiki refrained from fighting her close friend and struggled with herself and that would go on to consume the whole episode with bits and pieces of other things, but it turned out to be quite something else. And the ending really caught most people by surprise!

And like I mentioned in the previous episode, Miku reminds me of Sora no otoshimono movie, and seeing how Miku fights in this episode the vibe is even stronger...

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Sep 6, 2013 11:46 PM

May 2013
I lol'd with that guy running on water.

And that ending was a shocker. Can't wait to find out what happens next.
Sep 7, 2013 12:16 AM

Aug 2010
Damn epic episode!!!

HOLY SHIT!!! THAT LAST SCENE!!! O_O WTF Chris????

I might still be in denial but there has to be a good reason, right?! right?! She's my fav character T_T

And I don't think Tsubasa would die just from that.

Loved Miku's song. Probably the best fight song til now imo ^^

Wondering what happened to Hibiki and Miku?
Sep 7, 2013 12:38 AM

Sep 2012
I like how Shirabe just stand there like a tree when they all fight it out xD

and god Miku's gear is OP as hell >< and to the production team, the last thing you do is kill off Chris, you hear me?! D:

so many events happening I don't even know how to begin @@ but final battle coming real soon and I am quite ready for it... I think? Just wanna see Chris rains bullets and missiles again and again :3
Sep 7, 2013 4:04 AM

May 2009
Funniest scene of episode
Sep 7, 2013 4:18 AM

Jun 2011
That battle between Chris and Miku was awesome. I hated Miku's gear last episode because of the god awful design and that it just looked like a hunk of metal. But it didnt look so bad now that its mobile. Awesome laser btw.

So they can just create symphogears from any relic? I thought they just found the gear as it is.

Pretty sure Hibiki's symphogear problem was solved by that laser.

Pretty shocking to see Chris shooting at Tsubasa but im sure its gonna be like "Im gonna sacrifice myself to save all of you" kind of thing, still curious to hear the exact reason though.
Sep 7, 2013 5:01 AM

Mar 2009
bastek66 said:

That was the highlight of the show for me. Seriously wtf?!

Sep 7, 2013 7:40 AM

Mar 2012
Miku's character song is actually pretty good.

Oh yeah, and Ogawa confirmed as Jesus. XD

Oh, yeah...I'm pretty sure that both of them getting hit by the beam is what will cure Hibiki's little ailment.
(Also known on other places as Hiss13)

All hail the adorable chess master!
Sep 7, 2013 7:45 AM
May 2009
Miku's gear design is my favourite, hands down. I'd like to hear more of her singing.

sukizo said:
bastek66 said:

That was the highlight of the show for me. Seriously wtf?!

I had the same reaction in season 1 with Gen's unexplained superhuman powers.
Sep 7, 2013 8:21 AM

Jan 2008
I don't know, but every time I think the series reached it worst part, it tops itself everytime.

I hope all relics are gonna vanish by Ep 13 and that also kills the chance for a third season.
Sep 7, 2013 8:38 AM

Dec 2011
I still think that some of the male characters could have very good symphogears... like the Commander or Gen for example.

Still, great episode as always.
And a freaking cliff hanger... again... for third week in a row.

But if i'm correct (and Hibiki's theory is correct) and that laser actually frees miku, it should also erase all the relic shards in her body... right??

Aaaanyway. Maybe i'm just thinking too much.
Sep 7, 2013 10:11 AM

Mar 2008
I do enjoy that despite the girls being the main fighters in this series that the guys can do some downright insane things when its their time to shine. The badass fight between the Commander and Fine last season or Ogawa going all ninja here and loli-napping Shirabe was hilarious.

I think it's safe to say Chris is just doing what she thinks she needs to in order to get closer to Solomon's Cane. She feels directly responsible for the harm that thing is causing and right now she doesn't think they are going to get it from Ver without her doing something reckless. Plus her heart to heart attempt with Tsubasa last time didn't get anywhere so maybe she feels this is something she has to resolve alone. Get closer to the villains and get her hands on that device so Ver can stop spamming noise everywhere.

A reckless move by Hibiki but it might just work out. That beam might just deal with what's controlling Miku and even help with her own relic condition.
Sep 7, 2013 12:20 PM

Jun 2008
This show is so full of "wut" and I love it.
Sep 7, 2013 3:50 PM
Sep 2012
Chris eating skills, Genjurou's training in previous episode and now Ogawa's ninja mode, I'm glad there are still things like these even if the show becomes more and more serious from the beginning.

Finally, they add laser beam... Where is Yukari Tamura ?
Sep 7, 2013 5:51 PM

Sep 2008
Set blasters for stun, just saying. There was no blood when Tsubasa got shot, and Symphogear doesn't hold back on the blood. It's probably some "I'll sacrifice myself for everyone" kinda thing. Or she figured out Kirkika being an Finé candidate, and goes for her. She didn't look mind controlled or anything of the sort, so i see no reason for her to shoot Tsubasa like that.

But then again, this is Symphogear. So you never know really.
Sep 7, 2013 6:12 PM

Jun 2013
poor Miku and Chris WTF did you do?!!
Sep 7, 2013 7:19 PM

Jul 2008
Most likely Chris is trying to atone for everything she did and is willing to sacrifice herself to do it. Her shooting Tsubasa might be an indication that she does not want her or anyone else to get involved in this and lose their lives. We know Tsubasa will not die from that honestly.
Sep 7, 2013 7:49 PM

Apr 2008
winter_mint said:
and god Miku's gear is OP as hell >< and to the production team, the last thing you do is kill off Chris, you hear me?! D:
And Kirika. Her character song is filled with death flags >_<

Miku's gear previously shown as broken mirror.
So it's almost like Durandal ? Still in one piece rather than reduced to a pendant like the others
Sep 7, 2013 8:47 PM

Jul 2009
Ahahah, all these shit twists, I just can't stop laughing. :'D
Sep 7, 2013 9:36 PM
Jul 2013
i seriously wanted to tear my hair out by the end of this episode! Seriously everything went to hell in a hand basket. The badguys plan succeeded and then Hibiki and Miku get lit up like a christmas tree and to top it all off, Chris caps Tsubasa in the back! Why Chris Why!
Sep 7, 2013 11:52 PM

Feb 2013
Miku's singing <3
I demand to see her transformation!

... Chris... but... huh? why?
Sep 8, 2013 4:17 AM

May 2012
Chris shooting Tsubasa, that was totally unexpected. Maybe someone controlling her mind
Sep 8, 2013 5:08 AM

Sep 2008
thepath said:
Chris shooting Tsubasa, that was totally unexpected. Maybe someone controlling her mind

Didn't look like it. I'm pretty sure it's just some kind of "I'll handle this myself, so please don't get in my way". She's been rambling on about how responsible she feels about Solomon's Cane this entire season, and just before she shot Tsubasa as well.

I'm pretty sure Tsubasa is just paralyzed or stunned. Look at Miku, she took several shots to the head, and it didn't face her at all. Tsubasa won't die from something like that. Symphogear doesn't hold back on the blood when it needs it, and i didn't see any blood when Tsubasa got shot.
Sep 8, 2013 1:57 PM

Sep 2011
Amazing episode and great character songs from Miku and Hibiki.
Sep 8, 2013 5:34 PM

Apr 2009
Electromaster said:
Ahahah, all these shit twists, I just can't stop laughing. :'D

Isn't that what's so fun about this series? Pure enjoyment.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Sep 8, 2013 11:16 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode overall. Very random ending.
Sep 10, 2013 4:04 PM

Jan 2010
Why are guys surprised about an ending that was foreshadowed like 3 times in the season already ?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 10, 2013 5:50 PM

Mar 2013
"Teh Lazer" cures Hibiki, and shattered bits of Miku's Gear (shown destroyed for all of a second or two) are embedded into our heroine's back. Next, those Gear pieces are used to regulate the shards of Gungnir, to ensure that they don't develop into dangerous cancer again.

And/or "Teh Lazer" was way too powerful, and it completely destroyed Gungnir, eliminating our Heroine's ability to use any powers, but she decides that is no hindrance and goes off to defeat the enemy anyway~!

[/joke Theories]
Sep 12, 2013 11:21 AM

Sep 2012
Tsukuyomi-Ryuku said:
Why are guys surprised about an ending that was foreshadowed like 3 times in the season already ?
I wonder what are the 3 times where the ending of this episode was foreshadowed in this season?

Sep 12, 2013 3:01 PM

Aug 2011
I was going to say that the only thing I didn't like about this episode was weak cliffhanger before the ED.

But then the scene at the end happened... omgwtf!

What an awesome ep. It was non-stop action and I loved every minute of it. Especially the music, the tracks were so good. I haven't had the same level of intensity since episode 1.
Sep 20, 2013 2:18 AM

Jun 2012
I love this series, Miku's singing was awesome.
Oct 10, 2013 6:20 PM

May 2012
SHIIIIIT THAT EPILOGUE! Damn shit is going to get down now WHY actually what's the reason? Fucking hell great episode, I hope they're fine especially Hibiki! Lets see what's next!
Oct 20, 2013 8:25 AM

Jun 2008
I think Cris will probably try to play the traitor to get close to that crazy doctor and take his stupid weapon that seems to create the noise.

symbv said:
Tsukuyomi-Ryuku said:
I wonder what are the 3 times where the ending of this episode was foreshadowed in this season?

Yeah this guy is definitely full of shit. I'm quite quick on the uptake when watching shows and no there where no obvious clues of Chris action.
Oct 18, 2014 12:42 PM

Feb 2014
So the frontier appears! I thought that the battles were pretty cool in this episode. But eBay the neck is up with Chris??? How'd she get brainwashed/controlled by someone else???

Also, looks like Hibiki has reached her max :( I hope she doesn't door ;_;
Noodle070Oct 18, 2014 12:47 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 21, 2014 9:17 PM

Feb 2013
I did not know Mr.Ogawa can do that. He can run on water!? Is everyone superhuman in that ship!? Those were some cool fight scenes. I wonder what happened to Miku and Hibiki. Didn't expect that after the credits. Why Chris? Why? Could it be possible that Finé is resurrected in Chris? I don't know, hopefully Chris is still on the good side. Very good episode.
Nano1124Oct 22, 2014 12:50 PM
Jun 30, 2015 10:59 PM

Jul 2009
Wow what an episode!! Still trying to comprehend what just happened.

Chris was kicking ass and helping others, but why did she do that in the end :O

She almost died along with Shirabe if Tsubasa didn't helped her.

Miku has thos fin funnels from Gundam!!!

Hibiki finally went in with her Symphogear. I didn't like Hibiki all this time, but i'm glad she's now growing and becoming a mature person.

Man i can't wait t to see what Chris explanation and why she shot Tsubasa like that :O

Last 3 episodes! Gonna be ace for sure!!
Aug 20, 2016 1:35 PM

Jun 2012
This was actually a really awesome episode and I loved it. Especially the ending.

I have no idea why that guy can freaking run on water though lol.
Jul 4, 2017 7:20 PM

Dec 2012
Ogawa... just... what? I laughed out loud at the sheer ridiculousness of that scene.

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Nov 4, 2018 7:45 AM

May 2016
Wow, I didn't think Miku could be this fast. I amend Chris' efforts for going all out though in this fight.
Poor Hibiki ;.; Damn, I thought this episode was intense/5.
Apr 16, 2020 1:12 PM

May 2016
I also didn't expect her to be this strong tbh...

Shit. Got. Real. Tsubasa was kind of a badass I guess. Poor Hibiki ;.; Damn, I thought this episode was intense/5.
Sep 17, 2020 11:00 AM

Nov 2019
Wow talk about a cliffhanger, best one so far
Dec 8, 2020 1:23 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Thought I saw everything before I saw tsubasa using the jet launcher to propel herself into the air and the agent guy running on water

NYANPASU
whiskey tango foxtrot

Jan 12, 2021 2:58 AM

Jun 2017
"Hibiki-chan has moved into negotiation phase B!" - I lol'ed. That's the part of negotiation where you punch them in the face, I believe. What does this anime think it is, Nanoha? When "negotiation" = "beat the crap out of" or "fire beam attacks", I could swear I'm watching Nanoha.

Come to think of it, even the way Hibiki becomes friends with Chris and Tsubasa is very similar to how Nanoha and Fate and Vita and Signum all become friends - pretty much kick the crap out of each other... not an uncommon anime trope, I suppose... and it can be true to real life. I became friends with several people after I fought them irl.

I guess if you think about it, this IS pretty much a "mahou shoujo" anime... substitute magic for ancient technology that does the same thing.

...then again, "Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha" which I can tell STRONGLY influenced this anime's style and direction (Hibiki's gauntlets = Subaru/Ginga's "revolver knuckle" and it's similarities to Vita's "Raketen Hammer / Rocket Hammer" are especially easy to see.) There's a whole lot of similarities and homages that I've noticed since I started watching Symphogear... and I can dig it, because I'm a big fan of Nanoha.

I think I might be a pretty big fan of Symphogear now too - this anime is quality stuff.
Alpha-MethylJul 8, 2021 9:17 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear G: In the Distance, That Day, When the Star Became Music... Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

VioLink - Jul 4, 2013

100 by Hibiki2134 »»
Sep 18, 2023 5:13 AM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear G: In the Distance, That Day, When the Star Became Music... Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2013

92 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 12, 2023 2:20 PM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear G: In the Distance, That Day, When the Star Became Music... Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2013

49 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 12, 2023 10:11 AM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear G: In the Distance, That Day, When the Star Became Music... Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2013

48 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 12, 2023 8:56 AM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear G: In the Distance, That Day, When the Star Became Music... Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2013

41 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 12, 2023 6:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.