Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 10, 2011 12:15 AM

Oct 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Awww, they didn't end up together. :/

But overall a good OVA series.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Aug 22, 2011 1:30 PM

Jan 2008
Finished this and I just don't get the ending, they did end up together but we didn't see it or something. This was just wtf? Horrible...just horrible.
Dec 24, 2011 6:21 AM
Dec 2010
So basically, he felt in love with both personalities(Paravati IV+Pai) in first OVA (he said he liked both of them, didn't he?) then he felt in love with snake demon thinking that was Pai in this second OVA.
While snake demon got human body as gift from Paravati IV and Pavarati IV+Pai have yet to contact Yakumo who's been waiting for her/them in Tokyo.

This needs one more OVA to bring conclusion but overall pretty good oldie anime.
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Jul 6, 2012 8:56 PM

May 2008
Apparently the OVAs only covered 5 volumes of the 40 volume manga. Any chance we get a 52 episode remake of this? *wishful thinking*
Nov 14, 2012 8:27 AM

May 2012
Quite nice ending but it didn't conclude everything what is sad! Still in general all ova's together brought a great story and was fun to watch!

For the whole Anime a good 7/10
Jan 9, 2015 5:59 PM

Nov 2007
5 minutes in and a bad guy's LAUGH ruined this anime for me. WHO THOUGHT THAT WAS A GOOD IDEA!? Nails on a chalkboard. And he laughs like 9 million times!! UGH. WHY!?!?! At least in manga form this would have been tolerable because my ears wouldn't be BLEEDING.

-vent over-

Anyway, I'm pretty sure this finale made no sense. Pai was a random giant snake the whole time??? And she was inhabiting Pa-Bo's body who's some random girl?? And she already has a double personality so that's confusing as hell. I'm sure this all made sense in the manga but oh well.

Despite all my complaining I don't regret watching this. It wasn't without it's touching moments and Pai and Yakumo's relationship is really charming. I just wish they would have kept it simple and left out all the crazy subplots and random characters...

Apr 24, 2015 5:49 AM

Sep 2012
If I ever start reading manga then It will be in my priority list. Ova didn't make much sense but overall relationship between main characters was so charming I am gonna give it 7/10.
Nov 9, 2016 7:05 PM

Apr 2012
Really enjoyable episode but I have [minor] trouble with it as well. So Howasho (the dot) sealed Pai's personality at the end of the last OVA series and gave Parvati/Sanjiyan amnesia because of the split personality issue. Which explains why Sanjiyan was kinda a lunatic in the previous ep but not why she never appeared at any point after that, until she was properly released (you'd think she would resurface?).

At the same time Howasho lost THEIR memories and came to think they were actually Pai/Pa-bo. Eventually Howasho voluntarily fought Benares and turned back into a snake when presented with the story so far, but Parvati finally changed the snake into a girl with the accumulated memories of Pa-bo, to honour the good deed.

Kinda confusing from then on but Pai from the first series is only just recovering, having witnessed none of this, and to aid in that recovery Sanjiyan is going to "sleep it off" in the holy land. Meanwhile, Howasho is reborn in Tokyo; Sanjiyan/Pai to later return there.

And basically Yakumo's in love with all 3 of them

*Despite the initial puzzlement, this is an awesome and sweet OVA.
BlackoutingDec 21, 2016 8:26 PM
May 21, 2018 7:53 PM

Feb 2014
Yet another really intense and enjoyable episode! Super confusing of course, but after reading replies here/other stuff on the internet and rewatching the last half of the episode, I think I've understood what happened for the most part (Maybe?):
- Before Pai and Benares' battle at the end of season 1, Benares summoned Howasho and tasked it with sealing Pai's memories. Howasho turned into a little diamond.
- During the battle between Pai and Benares, Benares planted Howasho (in diamond form) on Pai's forhead while Pai made Benares explode into a bunch of mush (but Benares is a Wu so obvi he was immortal).
- The magic spell that Howasho used to control Pai and erase her memories is called Choan Lin Lin. As Howasho controlled Pai over 4 years and everything happened after Yakumo came, Howasho began to think that it was Pai and forgetting that it was a snake.
- Choan Lin Lin is a kind of magic that replaces on personality with another, so it didn't work so well on Pai because of her split personality (Pai/Pavarti the fourth). Instead of completely replacing Pai's personality, it only made her have amnesia, which allowed Howasho to forget that it was a snake and believe that it was Pai.
- Howasho, thinking it was Pai, wanted to go to the Holy Land, to get its memories back, because Pai had amnesia. Benares tells Howasho that it can't beat him or Kaiyanwang (I'm guessing because he's only a smol snakey-boi).
- Benares gives Howasho's consciousness, possessing Pai's body, 2 choices: to follow his word and go back to its life as a human (both going back to Pa-bo's “ordinary life” that it enjoyed, and saving everyone); or unseal Sanjiyan completely and fight against Benares and Kaiyanwang (unsealing=reverting back to snake form, which would give Pai her memories back because the seal on her memories, Howasho, would be taken off).
- Benares tells Howasho that saying the words “Ludora Mushate” to the emo glove thing will break the seal, reverting Howasho into smol snakey-boi form and allowing Pai/Sanjiyan/Pavarti the forth to remember everything and awaken.
- Howasho decides to separate itself from Pai, creating a flash bomb and flying away. Sanjiyan regains consciousness, and “reawakens” as Pavarti the fourth, not Pai.
- Howasho turns into Youko Ayanokoji, basically the same person as Pai Ayanokoji, because it wants to go back to that pleasant, ordinary life and can do so because it has left its past duty of sealing Sanjiyan's memories. Youko remembers being a snake, but doesn't remember Yakumo.

Here's where things get a bit fuzzy:
- Apparently Choan Lin Lin is still making Pai asleep, and Pavarti the fourth stays back in the Holy Land to wait for Pai to awaken, telling Yakumo that she'll return to Tokyo where she wants him to wait for her (So are there just afteraffects to the spell being broken and she'S just a little sleepy? Or has the spell not fully been broken?).
- Apparently Pai didn't have amnesia, and it was Howasho only who had amnesia (So did Howasho have amnesia in the sense that it thought it actually became the Sanjiyan in the process of it controlling her? And did Sanjiyan only have “amnesia” in the sense that Howasho's magic sealed her memories, so the memories were never lost to begin with, but they were moreso blocked from her remembering them?).

So taking this and thinking about all this and the second season's place in the grand scheme of things...all that really happened was that Sanjiyan's memories were sealed at the end of season 1 and now they've been unsealed, and Pai and Yakumo are on the search for each other yet again :p

But it was a pretty damn good season. Even with the longer episodes, I was very engaged and invested in the plot and events. Well done overall imo, I'd give it a 9-10/10! I just wish it wasn't as confusing and that there was either more to this season or a third season to have more closure/explain how this all ends (such as what happens when Pai becomes human, what ends up happening with the whole Kaiyanwang deal, etc.). But I guess that's all in the manga!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 28, 2019 1:55 PM

Aug 2015
A+ animation but storywise, not as enjoyable to me as the first 4 episodes from 1991
a lot of repetition of lines and information we should already know; the amnesia state of Pai makes the character even more uncertain sounding than before

Pai is pretty otaku bait; this episode sees the 4-armed girl mostly in naked loli form to boot. The fierce Sanjiyan personality appears infrequently, only when needed. Because I guess Sanjiyan scares away otaku. No reappearance of Ling ling or Mrs. Wong.

A letdown for me compared to the first series, kinda meh.
Apr 13, 2022 5:05 PM

Dec 2015
Just rewatched the whole thing kinda sad this didn't get a proper anime regarding the huge source material potential, but who knows maybe someday the manga will get a well-deserved adaptation :)
Jun 20, 2023 5:48 PM

Nov 2012
definitely a weak ending, and a weaker OVA overall than the first one.
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers

More topics from this board

Poll: » 3x3 Eyes Seima Densetsu Episode 2 Discussion

VARIAchan - Apr 9, 2011

8 by JVskunkape »»
Jun 19, 2023 4:40 PM

Poll: » 3x3 Eyes Seima Densetsu Episode 1 Discussion

VARIAchan - Apr 9, 2011

7 by JVskunkape »»
Jun 18, 2023 5:50 PM

» 3x3 Eyes Seima Densetsu OVA 2

Patty_chan - Aug 1, 2008

3 by Hannah_Ana »»
Jun 21, 2010 12:51 PM

» 3x3 Eyes Seima Densetsu OVA 1

Patty_chan - Aug 1, 2008

1 by Hannah_Ana »»
Jun 21, 2010 10:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.