Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 28, 2010 11:07 PM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

top 3 anime: Code Geass | One Piece | Death Note
Dec 3, 2011 2:48 AM

May 2008
Why even have "Death Queen Island" as an option.....

Also it's pretty ridiculous how no one did anything at all while the armour was being taken rather slowly.
May 18, 2013 11:25 AM

Dec 2008
Shu is such a little girl, not sure why everyone just stared in aw while the armour was taken away.
Jun 5, 2013 7:20 PM

Dec 2012
otakumelchor said:
Shu is such a little girl, not sure why everyone just stared in aw while the armour was taken away.

It's obvious that they were afraid to do anything
Sep 14, 2014 9:43 AM

Apr 2013
Ikki looks so strong now, they seriously underpowered him for the next sagas!
Mar 7, 2016 7:55 PM

Mar 2011
Many things have happened this episode:
Childhood memories, Wolf got pwned, Phoenix servants appeared.
Ikki's laugh. Seiya's jumping pose. 5/5
Jun 4, 2016 8:02 PM
Dec 2014
Good flashback, Love that flashbacks. Ikki has his own army and got The gold armour.
Aug 19, 2016 10:16 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
I liked this episode. Ikki's story was good and how he's stronger than everyone else and gone into darkness. Makes me wonder though when are the Gold Saints going to show up. Coming from Lost Canvas, I can't wait to see Douko or Shion.
張大です for 張大勇督察
Oct 14, 2017 4:54 PM

Jun 2016
I was waiting for a tournament arc that had a shocking plot twist in the middle of it to turn the story in another direction. I had expected one in one anime that I won't spoil and it didn't happen, and there's another anime that had something vaguely like this but not shocking, nor changing direction, just a big battle during a tournament arc that put the fate of the world at stake without the combatants or audience knowing. So this is cool, the oldest or second oldest battle shounen I've started watching and something I've been waiting for well watching them happens.

Also despite not having a very fleshed out start, I appreciate the amount of hints the anime gave us at understanding the plot. The reveal that they were all orphans together, trained by the grandfather and sent to separate locations for six years was something I had nearly perfectly grasped without being told so. That's some good writing.

I want to complain about Nachi, I applauded the lack of 'hype tool's and 1D fodder as opponents in the tournament, but Hydra came to fill the latter and now Nachi was used as the former. Hydra was a boring evil 1D guy made to lose to Cygnus and show how cool he is, so he kind of actually fulfilled both. But Nachi has hardly had a word and all of a sudden he comes out of nowhere to be one shot and, again, show us how cool Ikki is. Very weak characters used as plot devices.

Lastly, I have a few questions that I assume will be answered.
1. It's weird that they would send one of their knights to such an awful place BUT if fate was actually involved then it can make sense.
2. I wonder if Ikki and his black knights are good guys, since the earth sucks and the people who create Knights to fight for justice are so clearly corrupt. Perhaps his goal is to rule the world to escape from this nonsense.
3. continued from 2, I wonder why he called Shun and presumably the others traitors. Were they not all given the same treatment? Perhaps it's because they are, in a way, working with these awful people again?
4. Why leave Tatsumi and the knights alive if his goal is to kill them and he has all his black knights there with him? Is it just a weak attempt at forcing a DBZ formula in which the characters can see how strong baddie is, have a limited time to get strong enough to fight baddie, and beat baddie, or is there another level?
Don't answer these for me if you know of course, but these were the blooming questions in my brain this episode.

Anyways, very good episode. I was glued to the screen the whole time. I'm dubious with Ikki's soul crushing abilities, but this was fun and looks to be leading to an interesting battle and story direction.
Jul 20, 2021 10:15 PM

Jan 2021
I really liked this episode.
Ikki's Story is definitely one of my favorites.
Aug 25, 2021 7:56 AM
Jul 2018
I hate Tatsumi. The man just seems like a coward the way he always gets uppity and abusive towards Seiya and the other Saints
Oct 1, 2021 7:18 AM

Sep 2016
Wow that grandpa and his family are a bunch of royal assholes, huh? "Kidnapping" orphans, having them train to death and sending them to their demise with a "well, maybe they'll come back alive" is fucked up.

Also, as far as villains go, Ikki's actions are almost completely justified. I don't get why he's going after the knights, but getting payback after Tatsumi and the girl makes sense and seems right... And talking about the girl, I don't know why the other knights are going along with this tournament. Maybe they got Stockholm syndrome, I don't know.
Aug 11, 9:35 AM

Jul 2017
I'm really invested in Ikki. I don't really find him to be that much of a bad guy; he was tortured and treated like dirt as a kid. He was sent off to die, to a place that no one has returned from without being seriously mentally or physically harmed. The organization seems really awful, so I don't really blame Ikki for doing this stuff. Tatsumi is an asshole.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 25 Discussion

barteq88 - Nov 29, 2010

16 by satyrelfheim »»
Oct 14, 1:20 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 24 Discussion

barteq88 - Nov 29, 2010

10 by satyrelfheim »»
Oct 14, 1:18 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 23 Discussion

barteq88 - Nov 29, 2010

10 by satyrelfheim »»
Oct 11, 8:08 AM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 71 Discussion

barteq88 - Dec 4, 2010

4 by passing_through »»
Oct 6, 7:00 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 22 Discussion

barteq88 - Nov 29, 2010

11 by satyrelfheim »»
Sep 13, 7:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.