Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 15, 2010 5:39 PM

Feb 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
One thing though Superman got nothing on 8 Man :P

I know it is an old anime that one movie isn't enough to develop the characters to the fullest, but this bring me back from the time when I was a little kid. One thing that always annoyed me is those forever getting caught girlfriend in need to be saved.

On a last note 8 Man is kinda cute ~chuu~
Apr 23, 2021 5:50 PM

Jan 2010
This is a heavily western-influenced anime featuring hardboiled detective work, early to mid 20th century utopian society-gone-wrong in the wake of corruption and misused technology, and near-future cyberpunk science fiction with questions regarding the line between human and machine. Needless to say, there's a lot of genre mixing here, but 8 Man After follows a similar tone of things I've seen before, such as Blade Runner and Hideo Kojima's Snatcher.

The art and animation is pretty good as it radiates that early 90s feel, though I didn't expect that much destruction and violence in the first episode. I haven't seen the original 8 Man, so this is all in media res for all I know. Luckily, the setting is easy enough to understand, but still, holy crap. It reminds me of the jump from Neo Human Casshern from the 70s to the 90s OVA, where things went from Astro Boy-like goofiness combined with a thematic undertone, to a much more dark and serious show full of violence and periodic sexuality.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eightman After Episode 4 Discussion

busterbeam - Nov 5, 2017

1 by Shocked »»
Apr 23, 2021 7:11 PM

Poll: » Eightman After Episode 3 Discussion

Shocked - Apr 23, 2021

1 by Shocked »»
Apr 23, 2021 6:55 PM

Poll: » Eightman After Episode 2 Discussion

Shocked - Apr 23, 2021

0 by Shocked »»
Apr 23, 2021 6:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.