Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 8, 7:30 PM
Aug 2021
So I get that the people of Rio’s world speak Strahlian and Haruto’s obviously speak Japanese…but when the “translation path” was used to establish understanding between the two parties, why the hell did production think it was a good idea to have Haruto and Celia speak BOTH LANGUAGES out loud when taking??! I get they want to establish it is two separate languages, but holy shit is it distracting to try to listen to dialogue with two voices speaking different languages at the same time. I pray to God that this is a feature that is exclusively used upon their first meeting because I have a migraine. Did anyone else agree or disagree with this presentation?
Oct 8, 7:38 PM

Jan 2021
Yeah, it was nauseating.
spiritual successor of lord rothchild.
Oct 8, 7:53 PM

Sep 2016
Also the whole translation thing why did Aishia only use it on Mii-chan and not the others so we had to keep having both languages.

If she used it on everyone poof, jap only from now on lol
bruh
Oct 8, 7:56 PM
Nov 2018
I found it annoying. When Aishia cast the spell on Celia for her to understand the language. Right there should have been understood that she can understand the language from there, without the double whatever.
Oct 8, 9:47 PM
May 2021
Eh, I guess they paid a little too much attention yo detail 😅 Rio sounds pretty badass though speaking that other language
Oct 8, 10:32 PM
Jan 2023
Hey man sometimes you try something out and it doesn’t work nobody is perfect
Oct 8, 10:47 PM
Dec 2018
I'm quite surprised that many people disliked it or felt it was quite hard to listen to it.

I mean the Japanese voice was really higher so contrasted with the Strahlian I didn't feel like they were mixing in my ears.

+ It's quite common for English speaking TV shows (mostly reality television and documentaries) to be dubbed without suppressing the original voices so I would have expected that more people would be familiar with that kind of thing. (Except English speaking people, sure)

On an artistic side, I enjoyed that
Oct 9, 12:59 AM
Sep 2022
Cielord said:
Yeah, it was nauseating.

it isnt that deep lil bro
Oct 9, 1:00 AM
Sep 2022
CorLeonis-_- said:
So I get that the people of Rio’s world speak Strahlian and Haruto’s obviously speak Japanese…but when the “translation path” was used to establish understanding between the two parties, why the hell did production think it was a good idea to have Haruto and Celia speak BOTH LANGUAGES out loud when taking??! I get they want to establish it is two separate languages, but holy shit is it distracting to try to listen to dialogue with two voices speaking different languages at the same time. I pray to God that this is a feature that is exclusively used upon their first meeting because I have a migraine. Did anyone else agree or disagree with this presentation?

then don't watch it that simple
Oct 9, 1:00 AM
Sep 2022
Moppit said:
I found it annoying. When Aishia cast the spell on Celia for her to understand the language. Right there should have been understood that she can understand the language from there, without the double whatever.

aint that deep lil bro🥱🥱
Oct 9, 1:09 AM

Jan 2021
Reply to OrderInTheCourt
Cielord said:
Yeah, it was nauseating.

it isnt that deep lil bro
@OrderInTheCourt Do you reply to anyone who found it in a negative light? Lol, pathetic.

And you're right, it wasn't that deep; it didn't bother my watching experience in any meaningful way, but it was still nauseating.
spiritual successor of lord rothchild.
Oct 9, 1:48 AM
May 2024
The decision to include both languages was a brilliant move, making the episode incredibly engaging and captivating.

I actually like it through.
Oct 9, 3:25 AM
Oct 2022
TokeiSenpai said:

No, you don’t. Translation magic is supposed to be part of a later arc, but they just threw it in there now because they’re fucking lazy. No need to make excuses
Oct 9, 5:07 AM
Sep 2024
It was horrible lol
Oct 9, 7:49 AM
Dec 2018
Franklr_D said:
TokeiSenpai said:

No, you don’t. Translation magic is supposed to be part of a later arc, but they just threw it in there now because they’re fucking lazy. No need to make excuses

Wasn't the anime deviating from the LN ?

In such case they may perfectly to it now rather than later.
Oct 9, 8:09 AM
Aug 2021
OrderInTheCourt said:
CorLeonis-_- said:

then don't watch it that simple

Lol that’s so dramatic. All I said was I disliked one singular creative choice made, but if you liked it good for you pal
Oct 9, 9:47 AM
Jul 2022
it was so weird, but it made sense to the story so I thought it was kinda amusing. I just hope it's not going to be like that every single time.
Oct 9, 4:57 PM
Deez

Jul 2021
I think it was very cool, and well done. I like the sound of the Strahlian language.
Oct 9, 7:47 PM
Aug 2021
Heavenly47 said:
I think it was very cool, and well done. I like the sound of the Strahlian language.

Don’t get me wrong, I think when they speak in Strahlian it’s super cool. I like the different language thing, just not when it’s two different speaking the same sentence at once haha
Oct 10, 1:10 AM

Aug 2013
i think we have to bear it with these dual voices for the first few episodes at least until

i also think it's a cool idea to have these dual voices resulting from aishia's temporary contract but it's also annoying and nauseating at the same time too.
Oct 10, 10:49 AM

Dec 2012
It's like having another video playing in the background, but you can't close it. Not the best idea.
Oct 10, 7:17 PM
Aug 2013
Is not a bad idea if they used it ONCE but if they will keep using it the rest of the episodes... please no.
Oct 11, 2:27 AM

Feb 2008
Maybe they have a tight schedule so they didn't have much time to adjusted it

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Oct 13, 11:37 AM

May 2009
Reply to Blackbird
Maybe they have a tight schedule so they didn't have much time to adjusted it
@Blackbird NO https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2181144
Oct 14, 11:44 PM
Nov 2019
This is so annoying. Sometimes they have it and sometimes they don’t so it’s even more noticeable when it happens. Idk who would’ve thought this was a good idea.
Yesterday, 8:58 PM
Jan 2022
okay, it didn't bother me in ep1, but halfway through ep2, and it's too much. pls stop.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seirei Gensouki 2 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 14

55 by Xouillasse »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Seirei Gensouki 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 7

110 by Anparola »»
Oct 14, 7:13 AM

» Seirei gensouki 2

dogs-aint-real - Oct 13

6 by yummy_W4ffle »»
Oct 13, 10:55 PM

» Manga and Anime

Mucinex - Oct 9

8 by Mucinex »»
Oct 10, 8:50 AM

» [Leaks] All Episodes have completed Production

V1P3R0P - Sep 26

18 by Mago293742 »»
Oct 8, 1:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.