Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Twilight Out of Focus
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 12, 8:00 AM

Dec 2021
Mao and Hisashi went from being dorm roommates to best friends and then lovers. The cultural festival is over, and the results of the competition screenings are in. While the two dedicate themselves to their respective clubs—Mao in the film club and Hisashi in the drama club—the end of summer vacation marks the time to start seriously thinking about their futures.

Although Mao wants to support Kotobuki as she gradually grows, she can't help but feel a sense of loneliness. Just then, the film they shot with the Ichikawa group starts gaining attention online.

Sep 12, 8:28 AM

Jul 2017
The final adaptation of the series through Volume 4 of the manga (i.e. the 2nd spin-off manga series): The Evening Monologues.

The film club with all 3 couples together, it's nice to see Mao and Hisashi still together as always being both roommates and lovers; Ichikawa and Jin being so invested into BL aside from seeing each other and keeping their distance because of commitments; as well as Shion and Rei, with the latter starting to care more for the former. Aside with the real intentions, Jin's 3rd Years won against Ichikawa's 2nd Years with the BL film, though the latter is a loser for not wanting to admit defeat, of course.

Mao is being more truthful towards Hisashi being the virgin who doesn't have enough experience against someone who dominates him easily, and Honjo will forever the film club's titular Buddha figure lols, as the 3rd Years exit with their graduation and Ichikawa succeeding as president.

The 2nd Years finding their film going viral, and it all has to do with Hisashi being idol-like enough to earn himself fans. Aside from the usual comments, one video message stands out of a veteran music artiste group wanting Hisashi to perform for their MV. Regardless, Hisashi's stock is rising up...but he's also downplaying it at the same time...?
Sep 12, 10:05 AM

Dec 2015
Back to screaming this episode because I love my babies Hisashi & Mao so much! ;A;

いる。

る。

🐆 🕊️
Sep 12, 10:41 AM

Jun 2021
Am I tripping or the order of events is slightly off.

But regardless the anime adaptation is doing full justice to the story <3

ıllıllı 𝘚𝘦𝘵 𝘣𝘺 : Cozii ıllıllı | ᑕᗩᖇᗪ ᑕOᒪᒪEᑕTIOᑎ | • • ᗪEᒪIᐯEᖇY • •
Sep 12, 11:37 AM
Jan 2024
Well i was gonna say a joke here, but crunchyroll got to it before me..

Sep 12, 11:58 AM

Dec 2015
Reply to UnderwaterRobin
Well i was gonna say a joke here, but crunchyroll got to it before me..

@UnderwaterRobin crunchy title-kun has the best job in the world, tbh

いる。

る。

🐆 🕊️
Sep 12, 12:21 PM
Nov 2023
Eu sempre olhava esse anime lá na plataforma e eu sentia vontade de assistir apesar de ser de um estilo que eu não consigo gostar... Enfim, desculpa á vocês que amam o gênero e que também gostam de BL, eu sou bem inexperiente então relevem meu comentário, eu achei o anime o que sempre espero de um anime de romance, nada de mais... Sei lá, estou dando chance pra comédia romântica, romance e afins acho que eu procuro mesmo um drama seinen e exijo de mais dessas histórias perfeitinhas e tals.
Sep 12, 1:08 PM

Jan 2016
So cute, main focus was 1st couple, but we got acceptable amount of 2nd and 3rd couple too. They tricked us and appears the 2 of them only watched their beach episode and we won't ever see the footage. That video message was good as critiqued the construction of the film itself and didn't just say they wanted the hottie.
4/5, I loved it, but I think them making me think were going to switch to beach episode messed me up, wish they didn't say that LOL. Next episode makes it seem like will only be 1st couple, which I hope is not the case as all 3 have connections to the film club.
IzanaSolos said:
Although Mao wants to support Kotobuki as she gradually grows, she can't help but feel a sense of loneliness.

me wondering if this was a typo or you know something we don't know LOL (seeing "she" anywhere in a male-only show threw me off, and said twice Q_Q)
LilyVarbikSep 12, 1:12 PM

Sep 12, 2:05 PM
Aug 2024
Finally back to Hisashi and Mao. Afraid it's too late as there's only one episode left and now we have to "close" all 3 couples stories. 2 for this one.
Sep 12, 3:06 PM
Jan 2024
aedeann said:

Fr, they are having the time of their life working for that job. Hella jealous rn
Sep 12, 5:19 PM

Dec 2015
Reply to UnderwaterRobin
aedeann said:

Fr, they are having the time of their life working for that job. Hella jealous rn
@UnderwaterRobin yeah, imagine being a meme king for an audience of millions and getting paid for it! ;A;

@MickeyMinaj I'm pretty sure this is them reflecting and leading the audience into a flashback sequence, then? Because the events of Yoiyoi are latest in the timeline, including past the shoot with Hisashi we saw the other episode

いる。

る。

🐆 🕊️
Sep 12, 5:50 PM
Jan 2024
aedeann said:
@UnderwaterRobin yeah, imagine being a meme king for an audience of millions and getting paid for it! ;A;

@MickeyMinaj I'm pretty sure this is them reflecting and leading the audience into a flashback sequence, then? Because the events of Yoiyoi are latest in the timeline, including past the shoot with Hisashi we saw the other episode

Literal heaven lmao. Gotta find a way to apply for creating their youtube titles at some point.
Sep 12, 10:03 PM

Jun 2021
Reply to aedeann

@aedeann That's a possible logical explanation. Just realised you're midway reading Overlap, enjoyyy

Sep 13, 9:32 AM

Dec 2015
Reply to MickeyMinaj
@aedeann That's a possible logical explanation. Just realised you're midway reading Overlap, enjoyyy
@MickeyMinaj yasss, thank you! i'll finish next week when the last ep comes out. Already missing my pookies ;3; Can't find Long Take anywhere in Eng either... if you know any sauces pls hmu ;3

いる。

る。

🐆 🕊️
Sep 13, 10:12 AM

Jun 2021
Reply to aedeann
@MickeyMinaj yasss, thank you! i'll finish next week when the last ep comes out. Already missing my pookies ;3; Can't find Long Take anywhere in Eng either... if you know any sauces pls hmu ;3
@aedeann I'll be missing them too, now that we're down to the last episode :(
Long take, although I've read it without translation, safe to say I understood nothing (the details)
Since it finished publishing just this Feb, the english translation is releasing 4 days from now (17 sept) if you're looking to buy from Amazon. If you're a broke ass girly like me, pray hard that someone uploads it for free asap :p

Sep 13, 11:44 AM

Jun 2008
Zetsuboushita! The lack of BL films has left me in despair!

Ichikawa-kun really giving me Itoshiki-sensei vibes here.
Well your movie went viral, happy now you damn fudanshi?
Love him and Jin, most mature pair of the bunch while also amusing and hot.

One more episode to go even if this felt like a finale.
Hisashi's bound to be an actor, with his loyal boy behind the camera.

watching, waiting, commiserating
Sep 13, 12:02 PM

Dec 2015
Reply to MickeyMinaj
@aedeann I'll be missing them too, now that we're down to the last episode :(
Long take, although I've read it without translation, safe to say I understood nothing (the details)
Since it finished publishing just this Feb, the english translation is releasing 4 days from now (17 sept) if you're looking to buy from Amazon. If you're a broke ass girly like me, pray hard that someone uploads it for free asap :p
@MickeyMinaj I just found the raw of vol 1! skimmed thru it, safe to say... what I saw made me happy ;) I'll be saving for that fancy Kodansha US boxset they announced :3

いる。

る。

🐆 🕊️
Sep 13, 12:27 PM
Oct 2022
Nice to see Mao and Otomo again, they feel so close with each moment passing. Every couple is different, but the affection is present in every of those.

It would be nice if Otomo acted in Ichikawa’s movie. They seem to get along very well and clearly Ichikawa was waiting for an opportunity to work together again.

OP theme is great and the animation seemed to improve.
Sep 13, 12:35 PM

Jun 2021
Reply to aedeann
@MickeyMinaj I just found the raw of vol 1! skimmed thru it, safe to say... what I saw made me happy ;) I'll be saving for that fancy Kodansha US boxset they announced :3
@aedeann Omg good for you! They should be worth it

Sep 17, 6:51 PM

Jan 2010
I've read the manga, but everything after the segment with what the three couples were all doing together at night is not familiar to me. idk if it's original content, or if there were some bonus chapters released focusing on the main couple. While it's nice for the anime to focus on the main couple again, this episode really felt like it could've been the finale. Curious how they are gonna fit this new "story" into one episode for the actual final episode.
Oct 5, 11:42 AM

Jan 2022
Yaaay its been so long since we've seen the best couple, Mao and Hisashi <3 they're so freaking cute together, my heart is full. I was hoping to see the beach video /: goddamn, how much time passes between each segment? We didn't get to see his hometown and Hisashi didn't ask to go with him

Not the prez sneaking out to see the other prez lol I love them together so much as well

This never updates so that's cool

More topics from this board

» In another life time...

AnimeZ0id - Oct 17

3 by ExpiredH20 »»
Oct 20, 2:59 AM

Poll: » Tasogare Out Focus Episode 12 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Sep 19

38 by aedeann »»
Oct 14, 10:42 AM

Poll: » Tasogare Out Focus Episode 8 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Aug 22

31 by Bisalissy »»
Oct 8, 8:56 PM

» This will be my first BL anime what can I expect?

ishowcunny - Jun 11

26 by ishowcunny »»
Oct 4, 1:19 AM

» This anime is the reason Crunchyroll comments were removed ( 1 2 )

Buttanuggets - Jul 11

54 by Jollyne7 »»
Oct 2, 5:15 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.