Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 13, 2:17 AM

Nov 2016
So even Dory and Brogy think the Haoshoku could be stronger than Shanks'. It seems pretty close, tho.

Vegapunk knowing about York and making preperations makes sense. I thought it's weird that the supposed genius didn't see that coming. Well, if you want to fool your enemy you gotta fool your allies yourself first. He should've come up with a better plan, tho. Doesn't look like Oda thought this through. Welp, now he's dead, but that won't stop the obligatory end of arc party.

Mixed feelings on Egghead. We vad some phenomal standalone chapters, a peak backstory and many world changing events. Oda picked up the pace like never before. However, at the same time it also felt more disjointed than ever, partly due too much stuff happening. And it felt like he was rattling off a checklist than trying to tell a story. To be fair, this is the first time that I didn't reread chapters, so binging the whole arc could change my opinion drastically.

Usopp season is upon us at last. After years of slander Oda has to make it up to our boy with a well written culmination to his character arc. Perhaps he will make it harder for himself again by juggling around with many other elements to move the plot forward. Anyway, I'm hyped.
FMmatronAug 18, 9:21 AM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 13, 2:32 AM
Dec 2022
Shanks fans fuming rn

WE REALLY ARE GOING TO ELBAF 😭😭😭 WE ARE SO BACK
USOPP GLOW UP IS AROUND THE CORNER

Little Vegapunk W at the end of the chapter, the gang WILL get the one piece

Vegapunk was such a good character bro is up there for favorites
seeing the 2 week flashback this chapter was so cool even got to see Vegapunk setting up the recording
This had me dying lmao

Actually praying for a Usopp glow up tho lmao insane we are actually going to Elbaf next
will we see Shanks Luffy meetup?

no break I think, we are so back
wallus81Aug 15, 9:23 PM
Aug 13, 4:54 AM
Dec 2023
Where can I read it? I mean officially it will release on 18 Aug I think, so if someone has read the latest chapter already tell me how I can do it too please.
Aug 13, 7:46 AM
Mar 2022
Ruthless_Lord said:
Where can I read it? I mean officially it will release on 18 Aug I think, so if someone has read the latest chapter already tell me how I can do it too please.

Usually on Tuesday, there are leaks from trusted leakers, you can find them on Twitter, search 'Pewpiece' chapter no.
Aug 13, 8:33 AM

Oct 2023
I wonder if Vegapunk's message to himself also implies that he set up a fail save for the Stella consciousness, or if it was just meant as a "Go ahead and die so the message can play". Could he possibly just download the Stella consciousness into a new body?

I'm also extremely curious about his brain. With the main body having died, will his devil fruit go back into circulation, or are devil fruit powers stored in the brain and punk records will continue growing?

As always, Oda leaving us with more questions than answers.

Also Luffy and Usopp celebrating their voyage to Elbaf while Sanji stands over Vegapunk's dead body skins very weird, so I'm curious to see how the actual panels look like.
Aug 13, 8:34 AM
Dec 2023
I_Kazu_I said:
Ruthless_Lord said:

Usually on Tuesday, there are leaks from trusted leakers, you can find them on Twitter, search 'Pewpiece' chapter no.

Okay, Thank You,,
Aug 13, 6:14 PM

Jun 2019
The Straw Hat crew is celebrating as if Vegapunk had not just died, and Luffy has neither kept his promise to save him nor shown any respect.
Ptipana2077Aug 13, 6:22 PM
Aug 14, 1:04 PM

Jun 2014
Ah so we finally get an explanation as to how no one saw York's betrayal coming despite the fact that they all share a brain. Love how Oda brought it all together in the end.

Death doesn't rear its ugly head often in One Piece, but man, RIP Vegapunk. It would have been cool for him to have lived somehow and temporarily journey with the Straw Hats to share more knowledge of the world and whatnot but I understand why he needed to die. At least his death wasn't completely in vain, even though there were hiccups when it came to the broadcast.

Egghead finally comes to a close and now I understand why the narrator hyped up the "Egghead Incident" as an event that would shock the world. What an arc. What I originally thought was going to be a short transition arc like Zou ended up lasting almost exactly 2 years and has become one of my favorite One Piece arcs.

Onward to Elbaf, this has been a loooooong time coming. Literally two and a half decades in the making, with the island first being namedropped over 1000 chapters ago in 1999. Genuinely insane when you think about it that way, lol. Hopefully this will truly be Usopp's arc considering how much this means to him.
thebrentinator24Aug 14, 1:15 PM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Aug 15, 5:52 PM
Aug 2022
Usopp power up at elbaf please this man needs good ass Haki
Aug 15, 8:33 PM
Sep 2022
Egghead’s finally over it seems. And dang I didn’t expect that Vegapunk twist but it was good!
Aug 15, 8:42 PM

Apr 2016
Leave it to Vegapunk to go with this Light Yagami-esque plan
I would assume this is the last chapter of the Egghead arc, I love how this all came together at the end and now they're all heading to Elbaf!
What an incredible arc, I can't wait to read it all through at once later on and get my full opinion on it but as of now it's one of my favorite in the whole series if not my favorite
Aug 15, 9:00 PM
Dec 2020
Honestly vegapunk delivered and was as good as the hype around him wanted him to be
Now is loki's turn...
Aug 15, 9:20 PM

Apr 2022
we're finally going to elbaf!! it's actually happening, usopp and luffy been waiting on this one forever now, but he's too worn out to celebrate with the rest of the crew lmaoo. i like how we see the events leading up to egghead from vegapunk's side and how they placed their countermeasures. big ups to him and the iron giant as well for their work on egghead. definitely one of the best arcs in one piece, was a crazy ride right from the start. now onto the land of the giants.
Aug 15, 10:07 PM
Mind Evaporator

Feb 2017
literal chills on the 'let's go to elbaf'

i am READY
Aug 15, 10:14 PM

Jan 2017
Such an underwhelming chapter after 14 days of break...
(⁠☞⁠ ͡⁠°⁠ ͜⁠ʖ⁠ ͡⁠°⁠)⁠☞ YouTube @ The Pirate Collector ԅ⁠(⁠ ͒⁠ ⁠۝ ͒⁠ ⁠)⁠ᕤ
Aug 15, 11:08 PM

Jan 2014
The paneling of this chapter was so good! It reminds me of the paneling in chapter 902 (the final chapter of the Totland Arc).

When Oda has the time to create a slow and clear chapter, he goes back to his pre-Marineford style, from the period when he wasn't rushing things with 1000 characters per panel.
Aug 16, 2:43 AM

Mar 2014
FINALLYYYYYYY

They are on their way out!

Vegapunk just what do you mean...
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Aug 16, 4:06 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
My boy Sanji beat the allegations, I never had doubts.
Aug 16, 4:58 AM

Jun 2023
What an insane arc this was, Egghead had a nice combination of being informative and engaging/fun at the same time.

Lookin' forward to the anime covering the rest of the peak moments. 🔥
Aug 16, 6:32 AM

May 2024
usopp all excited is so cute 😭😭😭
太陽のように 笑うあなたへあの日と同じ 歌をうたうよ
Aug 16, 6:35 AM

Oct 2017
Was good to see how Vegapunk planned the whole thing. Now onwards to Elbaf, it's finally time.
MegamiRemSep 12, 2:53 AM
Aug 16, 6:48 AM

Jan 2014
that hao are too much, the entire island & fleet fall down unconscious.
even the hao could filter the intent behind every person, the seraphim are awake, giant and luffy's crew also could flee.
and it's from a dead man 800 years ago. what a feat.
I wonder will luffy reach that level tho?
Aug 16, 7:21 AM
Mind Evaporator

Feb 2017
man i am ready for elbaf. i can already feeling it being top tier and i'm sure my boy Usopp will get a great shine

the "egghead incident" is over
egghead as an arc was good. probably not S-tier for me but maybe A. keen to move on tho

don't care much for the wano chapter cover series yet
Aug 16, 7:30 AM
Mar 2015
The strawhats have escaped Egghead Island The world government is aware that Vegapunk is researching the void century
Aug 16, 8:22 AM

Jul 2016
Very good chapter, cnat wait for Elbaf now 😁
Penguins are funny
Aug 16, 10:16 AM

Aug 2021
egghead officially ends and onto elbaf we go. usopp redemption arc incoming
Aug 16, 12:27 PM

Oct 2007
Boring. Vegapunk death shocks world.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 16, 2:27 PM
Aug 2020
VG is a legend

Arigato
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Aug 16, 4:13 PM

Apr 2023
Oda delivered, up until this point I still had my doubts of how well he could actually write Vegapunk to be, yes, we've all known and seen how much of a genius he is, all his inventions and innovations to technology and such, but how much of an actual thinker could he actually write him as? Well, now my concern has been answered and in a positive manner. Great job indeed, now... ON TOWARDS ELBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAF!!!! THE PROMISED ARC FOR MANY DECAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADES!!!
Aug 16, 4:40 PM
Apr 2021
oe pas mal du tout !!!!!!
Aug 16, 4:45 PM
Oct 2023
As we saw in Chapter 1123, the beginning of very important events in the story and the emergence of facts. I can only say the beginning of what came before the storm,
Welcome, my dear brother, to your home
Aug 17, 1:14 PM
May 2022
ELLLLLLLLLLLBAAAAAFFFFFFFF
Aug 17, 4:25 PM

Aug 2020
Vegapunk's conclusion left me a bit wanting (why almost nobody cares that he's dead? 😭 ) BUT it was a good chapter! It concluded this arc that I loved; very intense and short at the same time. I can't believe we're finally in Elbaf and getting even closer to the end of the manga... I love the chapters leading up to a new arc so much, everything is new, I have absolutely no idea where Oda is going to take us and I can't wait! 💖

“Anything that humans can imagine is a possibility in reality.” - Willie Gallon, Physicist

Aug 17, 5:59 PM
Jan 2020
The ending of Egghead, this chapter wraps everything up. So Vegapunk was aware that York was the traitor all along, York told the Five Elders about the research of the void century and stole a portion of the Mother Flame and gave it to them. Vegapunk Stella planned the recording to broadcast to the entire world once he died. The message isn't complete yet, the snail was destroyed before he could reveal everything about the void century. Vegapunk took precautions and deleted his, Shaka and Pythagoras's memories so York couldn't find out. In the present, Joyboy's Haki knocked out every single marine including the Vice admiral and Kizaru is nowhere to be seen so he's probably too injured to fight or lost all motivation, I think it is both. In the next arc, we are off to Elbalf!
Aug 18, 9:08 AM
Jul 2024
Elbaf incoming🔥🔥🔥
Aug 18, 9:18 AM
Nov 2022
Ptipana2077 said:
The Straw Hat crew is celebrating as if Vegapunk had not just died, and Luffy has neither kept his promise to save him nor shown any respect.

That was why I felt like Sanji's moment with him was really powerful... Though I do feel like he should have asked him about his Germa powers, considering Vegapunk worked with Judge. 😂

Either way, I really loved this arc. I really need to know what happened with Kuma though. IS he really back? Is he alive and going to get to be with Bonney?

I am so excited for Elbaf! I want to see Usopp shine, and I am so excited to potentially learn more about Shanks???
Aug 18, 5:14 PM

Jun 2015
Thankfully Vegapunk is still dead. When the flashback started, I was afraid it was gonna end with him coming back to life by some bullshit measure like Pound or Pell. Unlucky for him, should've changed him name to Pegapunk while he still had the chance! Stupid!

Aug 18, 9:01 PM
Aug 2016
Onwards to Elbaph!!
Aug 19, 3:24 PM

Jun 2019
Egghead Arc is over, what a lore and action filled one it was.
And now onward toward the most anticipated arc of Elbaf, where we shall witness God D. Usopp shine!
Aug 22, 1:12 AM
Aug 2024
It's Just Peak and I love it
Sep 3, 4:54 PM
Oct 2020
Ok egghead finally over and time for Elbaf I guess.
Sep 8, 1:50 PM

Aug 2019
Vegapunk knew all along and had planned everything ahead of time. He's too goated. Rest in power Vega.
Sep 8, 1:50 PM

Aug 2019
Vegapunk knew all along and had planned everything ahead of time. He's too goated. Rest in power, Vega.
5 hours ago

Feb 2012
Elbaf, here we go!
If you want to know where this is from, send me a message.

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1130 Discussion

FMmatron - Yesterday

2 by thebrentinator24 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 390 Discussion

VARIAchan - Sep 28, 2010

14 by Dumb »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 389 Discussion

VARIAchan - Sep 28, 2010

7 by Dumb »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 388 Discussion

VARIAchan - Sep 28, 2010

12 by Dumb »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 387 Discussion

VARIAchan - Sep 28, 2010

13 by Dumb »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.