Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 9, 8:44 AM
Sep 2022
I looked everywhere for a censored version of the Made in Abyss Anime. Was wondering if anyone is interested in a version that censors gore/nudity.

EDIT: I made a censored version for a friend, If anyones interested I can share it.
MelemonJul 9, 9:48 AM
Jul 9, 8:54 AM
Oct 2020
This... Is a first, never seen someone wanting a censored version, everyone always wants uncensored versions, but I don't think there is one of this, could be wrong tho
Jul 9, 9:00 AM

Jan 2021
There definitely has to be a censored version aired in some country or some streaming platform, but you'd most definitely have to obtain it illegally.
Better question is, why are you even looking for one? Making the viewer uncomfortable is part of the appeal of the show.
Jul 9, 9:02 AM
Sep 2022
Reply to certifiedbinger
There definitely has to be a censored version aired in some country or some streaming platform, but you'd most definitely have to obtain it illegally.
Better question is, why are you even looking for one? Making the viewer uncomfortable is part of the appeal of the show.
@certifiedbinger I've already watched it, im looking for a censored version for a friend, and was wondering if people would be interested in if I made it public.
Jul 9, 9:34 AM
best $30 i spent

Oct 2023
Jul 9, 9:35 AM

Jan 2021
Coward (character limit)
spiritual successor of lord rothchild.
Jul 9, 9:39 AM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
Hmm maybe the only shot you have is to look for a dvd/blu-ray with pg-13 or so. I can only guess that the lower PG, the more censored but I don't think anyone in the industry would be willing to spend money editing something that might not sell. Except maybe China.
"You only realize the real value of something you discarded when you get the chance to pick it up again." - Rudeus Greyrat
Jul 9, 9:53 AM
Jan 2022
Did you have your menstrual bleeding before you created this thread?
Jul 9, 10:13 AM
Oct 2020
The closest thing I can think of is just looking up when the gore scenes occur and skipping them
Jul 9, 12:52 PM
Oct 2022
Driz said:

Sounds like the scene did exactly what it was supposed to do: make you hate Bondrewd
Jul 9, 12:58 PM
best $30 i spent

Oct 2023
Reply to Shadow112402
Driz said:

Sounds like the scene did exactly what it was supposed to do: make you hate Bondrewd
@Shadow112402 explain what extracting the loli’s piss adds other than informing you the author is a freak.. It’s unnecessary.
Jul 9, 1:07 PM

Jan 2013
Reply to Driz
@Shadow112402 explain what extracting the loli’s piss adds other than informing you the author is a freak.. It’s unnecessary.
@Driz It clearly had the desired effect on you, though. Also, the author can do whatever he wants to, they're cartoons.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Jul 9, 1:14 PM
best $30 i spent

Oct 2023
Reply to LostSpectre
@Driz It clearly had the desired effect on you, though. Also, the author can do whatever he wants to, they're cartoons.
@LostSpectre Disagree, imo it was an unnecessary moment in that scene. Also, the author can do what he wants in his creation, I can still shit on moments like that.
Jul 9, 10:16 PM

Dec 2013
Yeah it's pretty hard to find a censored version of this show. I'm pretty surprised by the negative feedback on this thread though, some people just don't want to see the hard to watch scenes in shows/movies. People skip that stuff all the time, it's not cowardly it's just a preference.
Jul 9, 10:38 PM
Dec 2020
RealMTL said:
Yeah it's pretty hard to find a censored version of this show. I'm pretty surprised by the negative feedback on this thread though, some people just don't want to see the hard to watch scenes in shows/movies. People skip that stuff all the time, it's not cowardly it's just a preference.

thats a lot of scenes to skip.
might as well skip the whole show at this point
Jul 10, 2:38 AM
Jun 2020
the film is even worse than the chapters, but again, it's the essence and the truth about it. I can't imagine a censored version of the film without having a to put a gigantic black square and not being able to see half screen. again, you cannot deal with gore and disturbing stuff? make an effort to manage to watch it or simply don't
Jul 11, 9:56 AM
Jun 2021
certifiedbinger said:

"bro you have to understand the amount of minors wetting themselves or being tortured by adults is totally not just the creators thinly vieled disgusting fetish its relevant to the plot and a necessary viewing point" like dude, the amount of times i hit skip, im on board for a censored version of this anime. it just felt needless, especially all the "toilet breaks"
Jul 11, 9:58 AM
Jun 2021
Karu-chan28 said:
the film is even worse than the chapters, but again, it's the essence and the truth about it. I can't imagine a censored version of the film without having a to put a gigantic black square and not being able to see half screen. again, you cannot deal with gore and disturbing stuff? make an effort to manage to watch it or simply don't

gore is fine, disturbing stuff is fine, but the reason and message behind that stuff has to have a purpose for it to be considered "essential"... also implication would work just as well as actually forcing people to see a child wet themselves, what did it add to the plot that just having them scream or cower or shake not also portray.
Jul 11, 10:05 AM

Jan 2021
GreatCarerJack said:
certifiedbinger said:

"bro you have to understand the amount of minors wetting themselves or being tortured by adults is totally not just the creators thinly vieled disgusting fetish its relevant to the plot and a necessary viewing point" like dude, the amount of times i hit skip, im on board for a censored version of this anime. it just felt needless, especially all the "toilet breaks"

I never said it was essential. I did say it was uncomfortable, even for me. I still like the show though, the music is amazing and the themes explored are pretty fascinating. I wrote a bit of an analysis when S2 aired, so it's hard to find now, but if you're willing to look past the more 'fetish'-ey stuff you mentioned, it actually is a pretty cool show.
Totally understandable if you can't though.
Jul 11, 10:12 AM
Jun 2020
GreatCarerJack said:
Karu-chan28 said:

gore is fine, disturbing stuff is fine, but the reason and message behind that stuff has to have a purpose for it to be considered "essential"... also implication would work just as well as actually forcing people to see a child wet themselves, what did it add to the plot that just having them scream or cower or shake not also portray.

I won't argue with what the author wants to put in the anime. it might not be the best, but despite these small things, I can't imagine the censored version of the truth about the white whistles. I consider it essential just bc of the nature and twisted mind of the author. I might not agree with some things, but whatever. music, story, visuals, and characters are great. small things can be left apart to enjoy this anime🤷🏼‍♀️
Jul 11, 10:13 AM
Jun 2020
GreatCarerJack said:
Karu-chan28 said:

I won't argue with what the author wants to put in the anime. it might not be the best, but despite these small things, I can't imagine the censored version of the truth about the white whistles. I consider it essential just bc of the nature and twisted mind of the author. I might not agree with some things, but whatever. music, story, visuals, and characters are great. small things can be left apart to enjoy this anime🤷🏼‍♀️
Jul 11, 4:27 PM
Oct 2019
Ew censorship, why
Aug 12, 12:52 PM
Oct 2022
Driz said:

It does a lot actually, if you'll stop with the emotional knee-jerk reaction. The scene is supposed to be disturbing, showing how Bondrewd is so absorbed in his work that he will do ANYTHING to achieve his goals including harming one of his daughter's friends. Bondrewd is a man obsessed, with no regard for anyone's safety or feelings, only caring for the advancement of his work. As shown before with what he did to Nanachi's group and again later with what he does to his own daughter.
I'm curious for your thoughts on the time season 1 when Riko got hurt by the Orbpiercer if you're that upset about this shorter scene. Either way, if you're wanting to watch this show censored, you probably shouldn't watch it at all, because that's not how it was intended to be seen and you won't get the full impact without these disturbing scenes
Sep 23, 9:26 PM
Jul 2016
hey could you share it?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Made in Abyss Movie 3: Fukaki Tamashii no Reimei Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Modernoir - Jan 17, 2020

334 by Arkanium77 »»
Sep 22, 1:33 PM

» I need to talk about Bondrewd... (Spoilers)

CallMeHoot - Oct 5, 2020

42 by hasbeendeadalrea »»
Apr 27, 4:19 AM

» What did nanachi mean when she said "If I didn't fall for your honeyed words, then I"?

DiegoNotChill - Jul 7, 2022

14 by Kitty-Kate »»
Oct 21, 2023 7:40 AM

» How well did the movie do compared to the first season?

Artorias94 - Jan 8, 2022

19 by SteelingMax »»
Apr 15, 2023 7:17 PM

» FYI: This Movie is now streaming on Hi-Dive starting today

Mq84jdk - Jun 28, 2021

2 by Martilyo »»
Feb 24, 2023 7:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.