Forum Settings
Forums
The Quintessential Quintuplets
Available on Manga Store
New
Jul 6, 11:53 AM
May 2023
I know I’m a little late to this topic, but I don’t think the hate on this movie was deserved. First of all, the main reason I saw of why the movie was disliked was because
Second of all, some people think that
That’s what I had to say about this, thanks for reading.
Jul 6, 12:03 PM

Jul 2023
did4375 said:
I know I’m a little late to this topic, but I don’t think the hate on this movie was deserved. First of all, the main reason I saw of why the movie was disliked was because
Second of all, some people think that
That’s what I had to say about this, thanks for reading.

It's not hate, most likely dislike...is not only because the wanted girl didn't get chosen but also the zap up too much staff in one bread, which they can easily gave a ova of 5-6 eps. At least, this why I don't like the movie, I don't know about other.

Jul 6, 12:04 PM

Aug 2022
Yeah I agree, I really liked the movie but in no way would I hate it just because Yotsuba was picked.

I couldn’t care less who was picked tbh
Jul 6, 12:23 PM
Nov 2018
Then you're stating the obvious. People will always dislike something if their favorite in a harem isn't picked. As much I remember of the series, Yotsuba was invisible for the majority of the 2 seasons compared to the other sisters. So yea, people were upset and surprised when she was picked.

Personally, I liked Ichika. Story wised I thought Itsuki was going to be the main girl.
MoppitJul 6, 2:25 PM
Jul 6, 12:24 PM
Feb 2023
tbh yotsuba was the most deserving candidate! she was the only one who helped mc to grow tje most! she was the obe who made him to become a nerd and become goal oriented in the first place. she also helped him during the initial stages when he was struggling!
Jul 6, 12:39 PM
May 2024
I don’t think it was mostly hated but I could see why people were angry that Yotsuba got picked, some say she didn’t had the best chemistry (screen time) and only got pick because of the “promise”, but I enjoyed it. I judge movies by characters, plot, development, and ending result. And it all tied pretty nicely. It was unexpected but I can see why.
Jul 6, 12:39 PM
Oct 2020
The reason I dislike the movie is that they skipped a lot of content and that ruined it for me about the fact that Yotsuba won is no problem compared to that
Jul 6, 12:59 PM
Jul 2022
Yotsuba was 3rd choice for me so I wasn't too dissuaded by the fact she won (I had decided beforehand I'd be fine with any of the top 3), my issue with the movie was how fast paced it felt regardless of who actually won. Her arc needed much more fleshing out for her to feel like a real candidate. Whether it was a manga issue or a movie issue I'm not sure since I haven't read it.
Jul 6, 1:48 PM
Oct 2019
Reason I don’t like it is because it skipped a lot of manga content + the translation I saw was hilariously bad lol
Jul 6, 1:50 PM

Jul 2015
As Gigguk on s said "Harems are just sports anime in disguise".

Jul 6, 3:09 PM
Jan 2024
No cap I only hate this movie because best girl didn’t get picked so your definitely right
Jul 6, 5:28 PM
Oct 2020
I liked it a lot me personally but obviously i'm a little disappointed because my queen itsuki didn't win but i already knew she wasn't going to win because i read the manga
Jul 6, 7:36 PM
Jan 2023
imo it was an ok movie with a bad ending. overall not good
yotsuba winning made no sense plot wise itsuki made the most which is who I was expecting to win even tho she wasn't my favorite. yotsuba winning felt like it was supposed to be a big OH WOW twist but was more of a wtf why. the statement this movie didn't deserve the hate I kinda agree that it was a little overboard but also fairly deserved
Jul 6, 7:37 PM
Nov 2017
i didn't like the movie very much. the fact that yotsuba was picked felt forced because i guess they cut out a lot of content that would've justified/supported the choice. i didn't read the manga but that was pretty obvious. i could've lived with any other girl but she was like... just there. she didn't even really have any character development like the other girls. they should've just made another season instead of a 2h movie with tons of cut content. i didn't expect my girl nino to win because itsuki felt like the most logical choice in the anime but not yotsuba
Jul 6, 10:58 PM
Nov 2020
Many people use the fact that the chosen girl was unnecessarily hated to completely ignore that this movie was bad regardless. It was surprising but even more so unrealistic and out of the blue when you showed 0 chemistry in the previous episodes. It felt predetermined due to the childhood bull. And they didn't completely stick to ending as at the end of the movie the MC still got his harem.
Jul 7, 6:07 AM
Mar 2023
whole show is so bad
Jul 7, 5:38 PM
Apr 2023
I loved the movie. I hated that my girl didn't win but I don't hate the movie. I was still happy for them in the end.
Jul 7, 9:04 PM
Dec 2022
Inferno015 said:
tbh yotsuba was the most deserving candidate! she was the only one who helped mc to grow tje most! she was the obe who made him to become a nerd and become goal oriented in the first place. she also helped him during the initial stages when he was struggling!

Yesss 100% also she’s amazing and she cares so much for her sisters and Futaro
Jul 7, 9:36 PM

Jan 2013
Post highlights exactly why the hate is deserved. Nani?
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Jul 7, 10:12 PM

May 2024
I'm not ashamed to admit I gave it the worst rating out of the 3 installments because of the exact 2 reasons you just listed
Jul 8, 10:05 AM

Jan 2020
First, I don’t see how exactly it’s hated, because, I mean, the rating is 7.84, right?

Second, the show itself (all the seasons) is kinda overrated, because it’s a typical harem in a typical setting with a slightly different twist. Shoutout to the author to the author for selling well and gaining more popularity, but this product is, like, mid… But hey, who tf am I to judge, right?

Third, ok, the story itself. You know, the way they decided to conclude it kinda felt like two alcoholics were having a feast, then as the end came closer and both of them had already been very drunk, one of them noticed that there’s one more bottle of scotch left and said “Like, man, let’s just finish it off already, because, like… Because. Just drink.” Something like that.
Aug 19, 2:58 AM

Jul 2023
There are issues with the movie. Yotsuba's characterisation is inconsistent; what happened in her backstory feels forced. Look. I hated Nino at the start and I prefer Itsuki or Miku but with how she grew as a character, she would have been more acceptable.

Anyway, I don't hate the movie. It just feels so-so.

More topics from this board

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome Movie Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

GreyratAnimelist - May 19, 2022

360 by Anayan_Kashyap »»
Sep 9, 11:52 AM

» I did NOT like who he choose at the end ( 1 2 )

Megan1918 - Apr 15

55 by Eclipsemaster »»
Sep 7, 4:14 AM

» New Anime Project!!!

Hachii13 - Apr 25

29 by speedranime_ »»
Apr 27, 5:03 AM

» How are you guys coping with your sunken ship? ( 1 2 )

Dragevard - Oct 27, 2022

83 by Lafan »»
Mar 30, 11:17 AM

» Quintessential Quintuplets didnt know what to do with Itsuki

onionboys - Nov 26, 2022

29 by Crumb101 »»
Sep 24, 2023 8:52 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.