Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Café Terrace and its Goddesses
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 4, 8:55 AM

Nov 2011
New OP song is alright, kinda catchy but first one had my style that fits with maids theme.

Pretty much the main cast is back although I have to admit that Ouka stood out a bit more than others. Fan service is back too and this season doesn't seem to stray away from the accidental walk in. The awkward thing is that it's Ouka this time walking in on Hayato than the other way around. The slip on banana peel scene was also so gimmicky.

But yeah, I expect this recurring gag. Nothing else feels different yet this episode so I expect rest of the season to have a very similar storytelling style like the first season.

Dec 2021
For the first time ever, one of Seo Kouji's works has received a sequel. And you know what... since this is one of his better works, I don't mind it at all.

Even though I barely remember anything about the first season, other than it being like the Quints but set in a café, one thing I do remember liking was the characters, especially Akane. So I'm glad we saw more of her right off the bat. She's not best girl ofc, but I like both her personality as shown in the episode and her... personality ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). I really thought she was faking being scared just to get close to Hayato, so it was funny when she actually passed out lols.

Also, poor Hayato has now fallen victim to two accidental pervert moments. Thankfully, he didn’t scream or blush about how much of a pervert Ouka is. True chad behavior. Speaking of Ouka, the fact she couldn't stop staring... best girl btw. Also we learning more about jiisan's backstory, seems he was the OG harem master. Now I'm curious about how baasan actually met and brought together all these women. So far, we only know how she met Shiragiku right (?).

A good return to base. Hoping we'll learn more about the past of the café this season.

May 2020
Well, it’s been a year, but it still feels like just the other day when cafe terrace aired. And yeah, these girls are just as “vulgar” as they were lol. Not sure what Ouka wanted to do, though her getting misunderstood just never gets old. Also, trust me, you don’t wanna joke about loving that one guy in front of people who actually like that one guy lol.

Still jokes aside, Hayato’s thing is actually pretty big. Ouka’s useless attempts to test her feelings aside, Akane looked cute when she was scared, which obviously later turned out to be something trivial. These things will go on, yeah, but yeah he saw the photograph, which really does have a lot of relevance going forward. Now I was hoping we'd see the other new girls as well making proper appearence this episode but guess, that's for the next episode.

OP last time was something I really liked, can't have too much of a say for this one. ED was rather decent.
Softhenic03Jul 4, 9:05 AM
Jul 4, 8:56 AM

Jul 2017
It's only been last Spring since we saw mangaka Seo Kouji's Megami no Cafe Terrace, and this show is back for Season 2 just the year later.

Hikari Kodama's OP is not bad, but Season 1's OP is just too memorable for it to be a downgrade. Same with VTuber Pepechi's ED, it's just there.

If Hayato and the girls think that they have things easy last season with maintaining Cafe Familia, it's going to get a lot tougher with a rival group, not to mention the 5 girls having an intense intimate rivalry of love with Hayato, with Akane being so forefront about it, but also being sensitive that Hayato has his hands full with the cafe issues now. It's the same for the others in their own ways (though Ami is the exception), but the more Ouka tries to deny her feelings for Hayato, more than Ami getting out of hand in her usual way, she's just going to get even more pressured.

To think that the conversation about Hayato's dick would come back to bite Ouka with the accidental pervert moments, she is forcing herself to surpress her feelings for Hayato, when in fact that she's secretly in love with him too, just the side within her heart. And a sighting of a ghost, the girls get terrified, but Akane sure is using this to take advantage of Hayato whilst going to the toilet in the dead of night...when in actual fact, she was a scaredy cat as much as the ghost itself is a stray cat finding itself within the dorms, and wanting to keep it under Hayato's grandma's name of Sachiko.

Familia is not just a group of maid servants, it's generations in the making.

I can already tell that the new season will lean more towards Tezuka Productions's other work of Gotoubun no Hanayome by the looks of the ED alone. Regardless, I'm half excited for what's in store for the new season.
KANLen09Jul 6, 9:24 AM
Jul 4, 9:15 AM
Jan 2020
The flowers in the ED has more frames than the last season and this episode
Jul 4, 12:08 PM
Aug 2022
So this show is back after 1 year just like Oshi No Ko.
Jul 4, 12:23 PM

Nov 2016
@iiDavion

On Crunchyroll it's episode 13.

So glad to have this back, expecting a lot from this season. The competition is already pretty fierce, lol.

And that picture at the end, wow, that's crazy.
FMmatronJul 4, 12:46 PM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 4, 12:29 PM

Mar 2021
So awesome to see the girls again after so long.
Jul 4, 12:54 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Nice to see this series return for s2. So the first proper villains finally appear. Ouka's lie would had been more effective if she had thought things through. Still getting a read on the girls feelings was nice. Hayato's reverse situations sure were amusing. Animating that photo that Hayato found really was a nice touch. Overall a pretty fun ep that did well to return us to what this series does best. Looking at the new cast list for the new cast members that would appear this season have to say they really bought in the A team.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 4, 1:20 PM

Jul 2020
mostly just as boring as the first season but the ending with that picture was really sweet
Jul 4, 1:39 PM

Jun 2017
Some explicit shots of Akane rising the mercury level.Ouka with her chinchin jokes and a premonition to what it's to come
Jul 4, 2:12 PM

Feb 2019
Pretty sweet and chill first episode back that leaned HEAVILY into the harem antics with the girls realising their feelings for Hayato and coming up with a way forward that doesn’t interfere with business.

All the girls had some cute moments, but really loved Akane(best girl) and Hayato’s nighttime toilet trip which led to them finding the cat and naming it after his grandma. I didn’t know the girls’ grandmothers had worked at the cafe with Hayato’s grandma back in the day. That flashback where she started crying makes sense because she was probably happy they remembered their grandmothers and knew her name would live on after she died as well.

Also it’s hilarious that the harem cafe gene runs in the family since Hayato granddad had all the girls’ grandmas after him 💀

So in Japan megami terrace was kinda seen as a cheap rip off of gotouben and the seiyuu were seen as like “we can’t afford to hire actual Gotouben seiyuu so we’ll get these” so it’s hilarious that the new girls for this season have the Gotouben seiyuu 😭

I’m looking forward to seeing the rivals get involved in the story and the seiyuu lineup is stacked. Nice start to the season.
Marinate1016Jul 4, 2:19 PM
Jul 4, 2:47 PM

Sep 2020
After this episode, I’m switching sides. Ouka best girl now
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 4, 3:18 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Now the real romance anime of the season is here, so glad to have this back, it was just last year’s spring season but it already feels like a long time ago, but at the same time feels like yesterday, time why do you toy with me so lol. And they wasted no time with the harem antics with all the girls not only outing that they like Hayato, but also discussing Hayato’s dick size lmao, what an insane start to the season. And Ouka may have been fibbing about being into Hayato herself in that moment, but later something started to awaken inside her after her bathroom run-in with Hayato, as well as that very close encounter with him thanks to Ami’s trap, tho I’m surprised she was focused on being close to Hayato over being bashed by a fucking pan in the back of the head lol.

I figured Ouka would be in there eventually, but what I wasn’t expecting was the hidden bully personality, I can certainly see some great moments to come if this is going to be a reoccurring thing. And speaking of hidden personalities, we also witnessed a scared Akane which was also a surprise, and I gotta give it to Hayato for trying to scare her because that made for some great fanservice when she came running out of the bathroom, I just hope she got to go lol. And while Ami still isn’t part of the harem yet, she definitely had some great moments in this episode, I especially enjoyed the Street Fighter bit which got us a great scream from Hayato when he found the game, as well as in the next time segment where Ami summoned Blanka powers that we couldn’t see lol.

But harem goodness wasn’t all this episode offered, we also got teased with a rival group of babes, I’m looking forward to seeing what they’re about, and there was also the reveal that each girl’s grandma also worked at the cafe with Hayato’s grandma, and damn they were all very pretty, everyone is young once after all. And lastly I gotta mention the new OP by Hikari Kodama which is a banger, it’s hard to beat the first season’s OP but this one is great as well with some awesome visuals, and I love the flower centric ED as well, the song was cute too. And with that, we’re officially back, can’t wait for more.

Also sorry for the essay of a post lol, sometimes I can’t help but type a lot
TheColonel76Jul 4, 3:28 PM
Jul 4, 3:37 PM
Dec 2022
It was so cute seeing Akane and Shiragiku fawning over Hayato, and Ouka testing them if they are in love with him was funny! Especially when she lied about seeing his wiener, everything in this episode made me laugh! Seeing Akane being scared and vulnerable and Ouka awakening some sadodere side of her really left an impression. And hold on a second, the grandma asking the girls their maiden names and that old picture Hayato found, did she work with all their grandma's?? That was such a surprise, what a true work of art!!
Jul 4, 3:44 PM

Oct 2017
Ouka just admit already girl. For now though she awakened to a new side, so she's into that. Akane stuff was absolute peak, she's so cute. Appreciate the great fanservice. Episode also ending with the grandma reveal. Great way to start the second cour/season. OP/ED were both nice.
Jul 4, 4:15 PM

Jun 2022
I had totally forgotten about Ouka's twin sister, and I was a bit surprised when I saw her 😆
Jul 4, 5:15 PM

Aug 2017
Best girl still, and glad she got lots of screen time.

Looking forward to the rest of the season. It's an all right show, nice fanservice and cute girls.

Stark700 said:
New OP song is alright, kinda catchy but first one had my style that fits with maids theme.

Yeah I'm not feeling the auto tune in the OP. Season 1 OP was phenomenal.
CarbonMDJul 4, 5:18 PM
Jul 4, 6:22 PM
May 2017
Very good beginning episode! Welcome back, Hayato and the goddesses who love you!
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Jul 4, 6:44 PM

Nov 2021
I binged S1 this week and I regret not checking this out last year. Harem anime never really clicked with me but this one is pleasant to watch.

The new OP and ED have good visuals but for me I prefer the songs from S1.
Jul 4, 7:59 PM
Apr 2022
CarbonMD said:
Best girl still, and glad she got lots of screen time.

Looking forward to the rest of the season. It's an all right show, nice fanservice and cute girls.

Stark700 said:

Yeah I'm not feeling the auto tune in the OP. Season 1 OP was phenomenal.

Damnnnnn 🤙🏻🤙🏻
Jul 4, 9:33 PM

Jul 2014
Man, that was fun!

I love how it started with Ouka wanting Akane and Kiku to confess only to end up talking about Hayato's "wiener"... Ami noooooooooooo you don't even know what you're talking about lmao. Also, it seems that Akane was quite explicit, damn.

They all ended up confessing anyway, including Ami, who, well, was rightfully ignored xD.

Ouka what the hell, I didn't expect that from you. Should be interesting that new sadistic side.

Hayato and Akane's night trip to the bathroom was great. Loved seeing that scaredy-cat side of Akane, and of course the fanservice... thank you very much! Best girl is back! <3

It still amazes me the cast they got for the new maids xD. Looking forward to more.
Jul 4, 10:35 PM

Jul 2022
A great harem anime has returned. Things continue as they left off: Akane (my favorite), Riho, and Shiragiku confessed their love for Hayato, although he is too busy with the café to focus on that. Ouka is falling behind, but at least she saw the sausage. And Ami, well, she’s still in the clouds.

Interestingly, all the grandmothers of the protagonists knew Hayato's grandmother, which seems like fate. But the bad part is that future ending with Hayato's daughter and the declaration that it wasn’t a harem, without revealing who the winner was. Terrible, I hope that’s not the real ending, as I don't read the manga.

A fun and entertaining first episode. Moreover, I like the OP and ED of this season more than the previous ones, and the previous ones were already quite good.
Jul 4, 11:38 PM
Mar 2020
Ami is the clear winner of this saga.
Jul 5, 12:09 AM

Jan 2023
It was a very amusing first episode.
All these wiener jokes, Ouka's new personality, and lots of fun little romcoms moments.
Plus, we got to learn more about the past.

A very solid start to this new season :)
Jul 5, 2:37 AM

Nov 2022
holy shit welcome back Akane ❤️❤️❤️ best girl

PEAK IS BACK LADIES & GENTS !
Jul 5, 4:01 AM

Jul 2015
I have almost forgot now much Blue Thing is annoying and insufferable.

Jul 5, 4:12 AM

Jan 2024
This is so back.
Ouka was very good this episode. Ami is idioticly fun as ever. Scared Akane best Akane.
Also they got a cat, more troubles. Good start.

Need more best girl Riho though.
Riho for the win...
WaterMageJul 5, 4:20 AM
Jul 5, 5:29 AM

Aug 2022
Very funny start, Akane acting all scared instead of her usual mature self was adorable to see. I’m still leaning towards Ami being the one Hayato gets with.

Although it could honestly be any of them. There doing a good job of not putting one in the spotlight like Quintessential quintuplets did
Jul 5, 7:43 AM

Aug 2022
I'm glad they're back for this second season. This is like continuing their story and showing little by little a new story that has never been told.

The girls are still the same like Ami and Ouka and Hayato too, also Akane, Shiragiku, and Riho. I'm looking forward to what else they'll do next.

Jul 5, 8:19 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Wiener jokes, four three confessions, banana peel, panty reveal and misunderstanding, were so back! Best girl, Ayane, got solid screentime too, both the cool and feeble side, I swear it she doesn’t win.

Maiden names corresponding to the previous owners of the Familia Cafe, now isn’t that interesting? 5-team opponent too, it’s got fate written all over it, alright, lol.

I was hoping they’d keep using the old Op…
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 5, 8:22 AM

Apr 2021
Alright! It jut like the first season, at least this first episode. I very happy about that.
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Jul 5, 10:22 AM
Dec 2009
Didn’t expect a season 2, but I’m with it. Akane is best girl but typically with these kind of anime, Ouka will probably be the focus 🙄
Jul 5, 10:25 AM
Nov 2022
Grandma has more lore than the SNKverse 🚬

Now seriously, it seems that this season will focus more on romance, now I'm super interested.
Jul 5, 11:10 AM

May 2019
Even though Ouka was lying to the girls about seeing Hayato's weiner she eventually really did see it lol. Also, she seems to be a sadist when she fell on top of him and wanted him to squeal like a pig, WTH girl?

Side note, I liked how they showed the videogame of Street Fighter II that Ami and Hayato played and it reminded me of the moves she pulled off in S1 when they were confronted by a bully at a festival.
Jul 5, 1:17 PM

Feb 2012
Ouka over-faked it to weed out the other girls' confessions and ended up seeing the real thing. She reversed the role in her previous bathroom encounter with Hayato.
Akane being frightened rather than aloof is different. Blessed are we.
So Hayato's grandma used to work in a cafe of her own with the current maids' grandmothers. Talk about generation xerox. She looks 100% like Hayato's daughter in the flash-forward scenes.

Singling out Ami in parts of intro seems to be hinting at her being the wildcard mother. I think the redhead bride from the trailer might just be Ouka or Hayato's dream sequence...

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jul 5, 1:29 PM
Mar 2015
Bad except for picture of the girls mothers working in the same costumes at the cafe
Jul 5, 3:36 PM

May 2023
decent start I guess. the girls still horny asf like in season 1 tho 💀
Jul 5, 5:04 PM

Feb 2020
First few minutes and they're already talking about wieners 💀
Jul 5, 10:31 PM
Jul 2023
Is it just me or did you feel too that animation isn't good as 1st season or a little felt off
Jul 6, 3:34 AM
Dec 2022
The first episode of season two and we're back in business!! It starts with a harem setting with the girls confessing their feelings of love for Hayato to each other. Akane went out half naked without pulling up her panties as well as wash her hands after being scared by Hayato singing a scary tune. The cat that makes the noise at night are now named after the grandma so a stand-in then. What's next?
Jul 6, 6:05 AM
Mar 2016
I just take a look at the key visual. seem like there will be a showdown. seem like this will be the hottest arc.
Jul 6, 1:29 PM
Mar 2021
lacking some of the fun of the 1st season so far.....i hope it will get better....
Jul 6, 3:09 PM
Jan 2017
FMmatron said:
@iiDavion

On Crunchyroll it's episode 13.

So glad to have this back, expecting a lot from this season. The competition is already pretty fierce, lol.

And that picture at the end, wow, that's crazy.

Thankyou for confirming! I’ve been wondering where season 2 was 🤣
Jul 6, 8:47 PM
Nov 2019
I love the fanservice they put into this anime, they do it in great detail
Jul 7, 2:37 PM

Jun 2021
It's nice to be back, some moments are a little too much (some easy fanservice and dirty talks) and some more others hit the spot (Street Fighter 2 and the ending, from the grandmothers discovery to the final picture), and there is also a new pet mascot with a meaningful name (even if he's a male, it seems). Ouka, calm down please.

This time i already know for sure that i liked the OP better than the previous one (at least for the music) but preferred the ED from season 1.
Jul 8, 4:44 PM
Apr 2024
Note to self: Women love wiener ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 9, 6:01 AM
May 2019
Ami is clearly the most down bad. Wanting to eat his weiner and everything, lol
Jul 9, 10:38 PM
Apr 2024
It has been awhile, but I missed the gang. Look like they will have some new competition and I can't wait to see more.
Jul 12, 12:36 AM

Feb 2012
I didn't care much for Ouka in the first season but man after this episode she's rising up on the list.

Akane still best girl.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Megami no Café Terrace 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 19

77 by FragmantLemon »»
Oct 14, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Megami no Café Terrace 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 12

48 by FragmantLemon »»
Oct 13, 9:22 PM

Poll: » Megami no Café Terrace 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 18

43 by FragmantLemon »»
Oct 11, 9:31 PM

Poll: » Megami no Café Terrace 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 29

37 by JaniSIr »»
Oct 9, 3:46 AM

Poll: » Megami no Café Terrace 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 22

37 by JaniSIr »»
Oct 8, 4:41 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.