Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 11, 2023 6:32 AM

Jul 2017
In Namidome Industries, cost is everything, and it's stressed very heavily. But the "pests" which are more than mere monsters, these Giant Beasts are part of the problem, livelihood is also everything, and even reporting to the guys over at the Shiota research lab, it's of pressing importance to know what they are. These creatures have claimed lives, yet for authorities to label it as a wild animal, it's delicacy. Even worse, Bullrover's repairs are costly, and whatever resources that Namidome may've had, it all stemmed from the fact that they're once from Ryugan Island, and other companies are aware of its links not to provide any services at all.

For Tajima, his distraught family may have left him with only his dog Hanako, and thanks to Tetsuro's network, he's able to bring in investors to change the state of their company. For Kataoka, he's just too hard-headed to ever embrace change, so Tajima and the others force it on his behalf. Even Arumi isn't eager about Tetsuro marketing Bullbuster, and Muto drives this home especially that these Giant Beasts have been the bane of Ryugan Island all along, and that Tetsuro was thinking of this as a video game.

With a new signage, Namidone's swan song back to greatness is still aways away, but it's good progress. Good, but butter episode this time.

I'm calling out that this will be one of my low-key favourite shows despite being the minority.
Oct 11, 2023 7:51 AM
Jul 2023
Got em.

The wrong kind of zero.
Oct 11, 2023 7:55 AM
Aug 2021
Mainnus said:
Got em.

The wrong kind of zero.

haha that's what I was thinking too 😂
Oct 11, 2023 8:04 AM
Sep 2015
Nice, an episode dedicate on rebranding, and 100,000 yen is very cheap. They even come in physically and take a picture. This price is usually an online-only meeting.

Could this anime reflect an ongoing bear attack in Japan? Bear is the most dangerous animal, but not dangerous enough to send in JSDF.
Oct 11, 2023 10:04 AM
May 2020
You know if this was a SOL about a robot startup company without monsters in a Patablor universe I would dig it more.
But I do appreciate the look at the bottom line and where folks are coming from.
Oct 11, 2023 10:09 AM

Feb 2012
Okino begins to learn what the "pests" he's fighting are, along with how interactions with other parties are important. The bio lab seem understaffed and put emphasis on punctuality and the rebranding project costs a substantial sum. Additionally, they got caught up in union politics which means no more free boat rides (maybe the beasts are their parent company's conspiracy to effectively own the island?).

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Oct 11, 2023 1:02 PM

Feb 2021
I honestly wouldn't be shocked if it really was just aliens.

But it seems Kouji also lost his family to the giant monsters...
Oct 11, 2023 3:43 PM

Jan 2022
I love the story sp far, but man, do the character designs look bland, they are not as flashy or interesting as they could be to reflect the respective characters. funny enough, the show is presented so well on a visual level. That it covers the poor character designs. Overall, it was a fun episode. We got more accountant moments and insight on the presidents home life and his cute dog.
Oct 11, 2023 5:19 PM

Sep 2018
My guy has no tact at all lol, needs to think a bit more before he speaks.
Oct 11, 2023 5:25 PM

Sep 2020
I don't think the company is dealing with extraterrestrial beings on the island.
The pests have probably a more sensible background, like for example they're long forgotten prehistoric creatures now awoken from their long slumber and ready to annihilate humanity (I'm only half-joking).
MadanielFL said:
But it seems Kouji also lost his family to the giant monsters...

I don't know if Kouji lost his family but if he did the monsters weren't involved in their death.
The document about the first and only deadly encounter with pests recorded so far that was shown in this episode contradicts that.
Oct 11, 2023 6:48 PM

Nov 2008
The focus on the finances reminds me of "Earth Defense Family". Bean counters are bean counters.

The monsters will probably turn out to be some sort of biotech development gone bad.

Small companies always contain grumpy assholes who everyone believes are irreplaceable. When the Financial Crush comes, they are the ones that you get rid of first. You would be amazed how much things improve afterwards.
Oct 12, 2023 4:37 AM

Mar 2008
Would be funny if the monsters were just something made by some company to clear out land for redevelopment on the real estate market lol
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⣸⠋⠀⠀⠀⡄⠀⠀⡔⠀⢀⠀⢸⠀⠀⠀⡘⡰⠁⠘⡀⠀⠀⢠⠀⠀⠀⢸⠀⠀⢸⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠁⠀⣀⠀⠀⡇⠀⡜⠈⠁⠀⢸⡈⢇⠀⠀⢣⠑⠢⢄⣇⠀⠀⠸⠀⠀⠀⢸⠀⠀⢸⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⢰⡟⡀⠀⡇⡜⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⡇⠈⢆⢰⠁⠀⠀⠀⠘⣆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠸⠀⠀⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠤⢄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡼⠀⣧⠀⢿⢠⣤⣤⣬⣥⠀⠁⠀⠀⠛⢀⡒⠀⠀⠀⠘⡆⡆⠀⠀⠀⡇⠀⠀⠇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⢵⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡰⠀⢠⠃⠱⣼⡀⣀⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠛⠳⠶⠶⠆⡸⢀⡀⣀⢰⠀⠀⢸ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⣀⣀⣀⠄⠀⠉⠁⠀⠀⢠⠃⢀⠎⠀⠀⣼⠋⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠴⠢⢄⡔⣕⡍⠣⣱⢸⠀⠀⢷⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⡰⠃⢀⠎⠀⠀⡜⡨⢢⡀⠀⠀⠀⠐⣄⠀⠀⣠⠀⠀⠀⠐⢛⠽⠗⠁⠀⠁⠊⠀⡜⠸⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⢀⠔⣁⡴⠃⠀⡠⡪⠊⣠⣾⣟⣷⡦⠤⣀⡈⠁⠉⢀⣀⡠⢔⠊⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⡤⡗⢀⠇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⢀⣠⠴⢑⡨⠊⡀⠤⠚⢉⣴⣾⣿⡿⣾⣿⡇⠀⠹⣻⠛⠉⠉⢀⠠⠺⠀⠀⡀⢄⣴⣾⣧⣞⠀⡜⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠐⠒⣉⠠⠄⡂⠅⠊⠁⠀⠀⣴⣿⣿⣿⣿⣻⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⢠⣷⣮⡍⡠⠔⢉⡇⡠⠋⠁⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀
Oct 13, 2023 6:49 PM

Sep 2018
Does anyone know the name of the voice actor of the guy trying to figure out what these creatures are in his lab? Guy has the most unappealing voice in anime IMO lol, just can't remember his name.
Oct 14, 2023 2:15 AM

Sep 2020
Reply to GakutoDeathGlare
Does anyone know the name of the voice actor of the guy trying to figure out what these creatures are in his lab? Guy has the most unappealing voice in anime IMO lol, just can't remember his name.
GakutoDeathGlare said:

You've got to be kidding, Shimazawa Hirotaka is awesome!

Oct 14, 2023 2:31 AM

Sep 2018
Reply to Avvenirista
GakutoDeathGlare said:

You've got to be kidding, Shimazawa Hirotaka is awesome!

@Avvenirista Ah, thanks. It's probably more to do with the sort of character he generally ends up playing, the backstabbing kind or the gross/weird ojisan type lol
Oct 14, 2023 6:06 AM

Oct 2022
So, they will be able to keep using the boat?

Their accountant is annoying, but money talks.
Oct 19, 2023 5:50 AM

Oct 2018
So Arima is from the island? She seem to care way more about the island and the islanders than she is supposed to, when you consider her personality.

Cell shaded CG coffee lmao
Mar 26, 8:24 AM

Jun 2022
Nothing Eye Catching But A Decent Episode.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bullbuster Episode 8 Discussion

KANLen09 - Nov 22, 2023

11 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 26, 12:29 PM

Poll: » Bullbuster Episode 7 Discussion

KANLen09 - Nov 15, 2023

8 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 26, 10:54 AM

Poll: » Bullbuster Episode 6 Discussion

KANLen09 - Nov 8, 2023

23 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 26, 10:40 AM

Poll: » Bullbuster Episode 5 Discussion

Fortress_Maximus - Nov 1, 2023

12 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 26, 10:26 AM

Poll: » Bullbuster Episode 4 Discussion

KANLen09 - Oct 25, 2023

13 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 26, 8:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.