Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 13, 2023 6:05 AM

Nov 2011
Heh, working as a writer can be stressful, especially meeting deadlines.

I thought this episode gave Ronald a decent amount of time in highlighting his role and personality among the cast. Hiyoshi is also such an underrated character...
Stark700Feb 13, 2023 6:10 AM
Feb 13, 2023 8:08 AM
Oct 2016
It should've been more obvious to me that the Vampire Control captain is Ronaldo older brother. I mean they have the same hair and eyes I just never thought much of that. We haven't seen that character Hiyoshi in a while so that's probably why too. Not seeing him much definitely made me forget how similar Hiyoshi looks to Ronaldo. This show has the tendency to take very endearing at first glance situations or stories and peal back the layers to reveal something either weird or hilarious, that's no different in this case. Ronaldo putting his older brother up on this pedestal as the perfect hunter whom sacrificed his career to protect him. While in reality Hiyoshi only became a hunter to get girls and that's exactly what lead to him stopping too. I laughed so hard when Hiyoshi was thinking about the truth behind everything Ronaldo said. Draluc seeing right through it all knowing what Ronaldo said was fake while John became so cutely enamored wanting Hiyoshi autograph. Ronaldo saying he would write the next entry in his book series after his older brother was sweet but if those urban legends Ronaldo says about his brother are any indicator that wouldn't do well for Hiyoshi mental state. The last bit of the episode with Ronaldo being forced to best the deadline of his next book was funny with the conveyor belts. At least he got it finished.
Feb 13, 2023 10:13 AM

Nov 2016
If that was an supposed to be an Eva reference it could've been done better.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 13, 2023 11:47 AM

Jul 2015
John being a fanboy is so cute >////<

⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯
✦ set by Araberu
⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯

Feb 13, 2023 12:24 PM
Oct 2021
i liked this episode but it wasn’t really anything that special… still liked it just feel like this season is lacking in some way
Feb 13, 2023 3:10 PM
Feb 2020
You know, in hindsight it's rather obvious that these two are related. Also, I just cant get enough of  Sanzu, she just steals the show everytime she appears 
Feb 13, 2023 3:29 PM
Oct 2020
So the captain was Ronaldo's brother! now when do we get to see the little sister?
Feb 13, 2023 5:28 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Can’t remember if it was mentioned before that the captain of the Anti-Vampire Division was Ronaldo’s brother but it was still a surprising reveal, his bit with Ronaldo and Draluc was really good, it was hilarious how instead of telling the truth he kept adding onto his fake lore lol, but it was really cute seeing John become a big fan and Draluc being the only one to realize the captain was lying his ass off lol. I also really liked getting more Ronaldo backstory too, now when do we meet his sister is the real question. I also learned that sumptuous is a word, thanks subtitles lol.

And the 2nd bit regarding Ronaldo’s manuscript deadline was a lot more of a faster hitting bit, the jokes and gags were coming fast much like the conveyor belt Ronaldo was stuck on lol, also enjoyed a short appearance of Sanzu only for her plan to fail immediately. And thanks to the chaos Ronaldo was able to finish his manuscript on time and it was a hit, looks like Handa’s mom was all over it again lol, I hope we see her again soon too.
Feb 13, 2023 5:49 PM

Sep 2016
Ronaldo got breaded XD
Feb 13, 2023 6:28 PM

Feb 2020
getting bit because you were trying to sleep with a hot vampire girl i mean that sounds worth it hmm

Feb 13, 2023 8:09 PM

Jul 2017
Draluc chancing upon Ronaldo's childhood pictures to find that he has siblings, but this is definitely one that he doesn't want to talk about. Regardless, the story between Ronaldo and his Vampire Hunter older brother, he's a remarkable older brother who's everyone's hero, popular, an expert marksman etc. The admiration went so much that Ronaldo followed in his footsteps, but his older brother quitting the profession came as a total shock so much that Ronaldo took it upon his own to become one that could take his place. Thankfully, he joined Vampire Control, so that he could still keep his profession in order.

The only way to atone for him is to write him in his Chronicles book, and the older brother Hiyoshi took it upon himself to visit his younger brother out of apology. Turns out that the vampire hunter profession was to only gain popularity with girls, Ronaldo put him on a weird pedestal enough to barge on him. Draluc taking the advantage to have fun with the Big Brother saga, but the realization years later, it was just a case of a bitten vampire, amplified to appease Ronaldo and John. Regardless, Hiyoshi is happy of where Ronaldo is at now, albeit running away from his problems.

With Volume 3's deadline coming up, Fukuma is not letting Ronaldo loose until he can complete his manuscript, with torture of his publishing company's ordeal, to be completed within 5 hours. But thanks to Ronaldo, it's scrambled within 5 minutes to spare. And while Sanzu is around for infiltration, it's either Draluc who is able to stop this, or Ronaldo to complete within the deadline. What an Eva reference that was, but the job is done.

Kinda of a funny episode, IMO.
Feb 13, 2023 11:44 PM

Jan 2023
It was nice to find more about Ronaldo's past and see a different side of his personality.
I didn't think it was the best episode of the season but still pretty funny for sure, hopefully we get to see his sister next.
Feb 15, 2023 12:36 AM
May 2021
The editor sure knows how to make the author work fast 😂😂
Feb 15, 2023 12:37 AM
May 2021
I wanna See Ronaldo's sister as well in current timeline 😂. His brother is bullshit king lol
Feb 16, 2023 6:55 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Lmao Ronald's brother is hilarious, Ronald really thought he was powerful on every aspects while it's the contrary, the sealed demon in the arm what he chunnibyou thing to say but this time it's a dumb excuse xD
Feb 17, 2023 10:30 AM

Jul 2016
In retrospective, saying you got bitten because a hot vampire fooled you sounds way less embarrassing than lowkey admitting you are a Chuunibyou. Ronaldo's bro dug his own grave.

Also... JOHN WITH A LITTLE CHURRO! JOHN WITH A LITTLE CHURRO!
Mar 23, 2023 7:24 AM

Apr 2016
Finally they showed something about Ronaldo's brother and just like Draluc I was enjoying his "revelations" but it is nice to see a different side from Ronaldo.

Loved Sansu's bit and poor Draluc got fried at the end but he got warned, though xD.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kyuuketsuki Sugu Shinu 2 Episode 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2023

42 by captainkunnka »»
Sep 10, 2:52 AM

Poll: » Kyuuketsuki Sugu Shinu 2 Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 23, 2023

25 by kirA_-_ »»
Jun 27, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Kyuuketsuki Sugu Shinu 2 Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2023

17 by rainbowScarlet »»
Apr 6, 11:33 PM

Poll: » Kyuuketsuki Sugu Shinu 2 Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2023

20 by rainbowScarlet »»
Apr 6, 10:44 PM

Poll: » Kyuuketsuki Sugu Shinu 2 Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 27, 2023

16 by rainbowScarlet »»
Apr 6, 10:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.