Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 16, 2022 8:01 PM

Sep 2018
Other than Zombieland Saga, this is pretty much my first idol show, and I'm enjoying it far more than what I anticipated lol. How does this rate against your average or even the best idol shows?

Could I also have some examples of the best idol shows out there?
Aug 16, 2022 8:29 PM
Jan 2021
This might be a little biased considering I genuinely enjoy idol shows but shine post has somehow surpassed my expectations as an idol anime. Not only is the animation one of the best if not the best I’ve seen, it’s got amazingly written characters with their own inner conflicts which are well thought out and resolved through the eps. Without spoiling too much on the actual story I feel like this idol show is probably far above one of the best I’ve seen in recent years. I recommend it to anyone who enjoys idol animes just in general and personally excited to see how it ends off in the next upcoming weeks.
Aug 16, 2022 9:47 PM

Oct 2014
Structure wise i think it's pretty standard, a group trying to accomplish a single or seperate goals, within a time limit usually. Characters are good without feeling too gimmicky or tropey, my best example for this show is probably the first Love Live.
It's Morbin' Time!
Aug 16, 2022 11:06 PM

Feb 2020
yes, animation-wise Shine Post's sakuga rivals A-1's adaptations of The iDOLM@STER (im@s) series, Doga Kobo's Selection Project, or even S1 of Wake Up Girls (WuG), which afaik are the best examples of top-quality sakuga in idol anime. iirc idol anime generally suffer with poor animation (S2 WuG and Lapis Re:LiGHTs if CG doesn't mesh well for you), so this having surprisingly good animation for a not-well-known studio is a blessing. im hoping this can start a trend for better-looking idol anime in the future, as Selection Project, a Fall 2021 seasonal, also had very good animation

I think the story is going pretty well. u might see similarities in other idol anime (IDOLY PRIDE... WuG and Cinderella Girls especially), and it's a bit more unique considering Producer's special power. unlike those anime however, Shine Post is a seasonal and is shorter, so it's easier to keep up with it while having jam-packed storylines

Honestly, this being your first 'real' idol anime (i hear Zombieland Saga is more like a parody), this is a pretty good intro to the genre where you'll experience a little bit of everything: fun characters, currently good story, great animation, idol-like music (whether you like that or not). Definitely if you enjoy this after its airing, try out similar anime like it. i'd point ppl to iM@S (2011 anime) and IDOLY PRIDE for similar stories of zero-to-hero or drama; i enjoyed these two a bunch being a newer-ish idol anime fan
Aug 17, 2022 7:32 PM
May 2019
I love it. The animation and music is great and I'm enjoying the overall storyline. The manager can tell if someone is lying or not also which adds to it. Definitely check it out. Love Live is also God Tier. I've watched all 4 iterations of that franchise.
Aug 17, 2022 11:14 PM

Aug 2013
DarkLeafNinja said:
Structure wise i think it's pretty standard, a group trying to accomplish a single or seperate goals, within a time limit usually. Characters are good without feeling too gimmicky or tropey, my best example for this show is probably the first Love Live.

I'd say it's completely opposite to Love Live.
It's more like Idolm@ster (which for me personally is a great thing, I'm not a fan of LL). Not just because it's focused on professional idols, but the direction style is way closer to Idolm@ster too. They aren't using crappy 3DCG animation for performances too (at least for close-up scenes).
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Aug 18, 2022 1:05 AM
Sep 2021
GakutoDeathGlare said:
Other than Zombieland Saga, this is pretty much my first idol show, and I'm enjoying it far more than what I anticipated lol. How does this rate against your average or even the best idol shows?

If I'd have to be honest, I've watched quite a few and this one is lower than average. I'd say there's a few better than this absulotely. Extreme Hearts this season is also another idol show airing this season and its better than this but its only (for me) a little better than average.
Aug 18, 2022 1:49 AM

Apr 2010
GakutoDeathGlare said:

As someone that watches (tries at least) them all, Shine Post is the best I’ve seen yet.

Other good ones, selection project, idoly pride, If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die.
Aug 18, 2022 3:39 AM

Jul 2016
I'm seeing lot of Youtuber praise this anime but sadly that Shine Post didn't have lot of viewer international and japans fans. I'm seeing lot of japan fans drop this anime. It also have very low streaming view.

CD OP/ED single that release yesterday have lottery ticket for upcoming concert but it only sell estimate 1-2K copies that is very low. This is not very a good sign.

MetamarphosisAug 18, 2022 3:49 AM
Aug 19, 2022 4:50 AM
おハーブですわ
May 2021
Metamarphosis said:
I'm seeing lot of Youtuber praise this anime but sadly that Shine Post didn't have lot of viewer international and japans fans. I'm seeing lot of japan fans drop this anime. It also have very low streaming view.

CD OP/ED single that release yesterday have lottery ticket for upcoming concert but it only sell estimate 1-2K copies that is very low. This is not very a good sign.

noooo that is so sad to hear. I just caught up on this show...I'm new to idol anime and really, really like it. that's sad. sounds like our girls are not fated for big things :(
Aug 24, 2022 1:35 PM
May 2011
Dropped it after 3 episodes. Personally, idol shows aren't much different from CGDCT shows, and I prefer when they're more fun and lighthearted. If I wanted to watch a show full of girls who revolve around a single dude character, I'd go watch any of the dozen harems airing in any given season (and I don't)
Aug 28, 2022 11:56 PM
Jan 2021
The animation, characters and songs are really good. The cast is also amazing. My favorite idol anime are Selection Project and Idoly Pride, I'll wait until Shinepost ends so I can rank it. Compared with other idol anime, at least this is better than Love Live. Love Live just uses the same story over and over again, also their animation is not that great.
Aug 29, 2022 8:58 AM

Nov 2011
The animation and song in this series are fine. Not something that stand out heads and shoulders above other idol shows - at least for now - but they are good enough. I think what makes this series unique is the manager being able to see through people's lies - whenever someone is not being honest, he can see a bright glitter surrounding them. The series uses the manager quite effectively for the story, especially in episode 6. Above all else, the series manages to pull you in and makes you root for the girls.

As for best idol show - this is very subjective and depends a lot on your music taste, but i would say Bang dream, D4DJ, Idoly Pride, Selection Project and Love Live stand among the best.
In Bang Dream, there are plenty of amazing bands, including Afterglow, Roselia, Poppin' Party and Morfonica. Their songs are real bangers. Same with D4DJ. Photon Maiden, Peaky P-key and Happy Around songs feel fresh and different in a good way! 2nd season is coming soon, with Merm4id and Lyrical Lily, so I can't wait!

Idoly Pride and selection project feel like sister series, with plenty of similarities in regards to character and story. However, there's enough differences to make each of them unique. They stand out as having among the best animated scenes during the idol performance. Some would argue that B.B. from selection project is the pinnacle of idol animation, and they may very well be right.
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shine Post Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2022

41 by mayakitty »»
Sep 6, 8:56 AM

Poll: » Shine Post Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2022

26 by yawnaroo »»
Jul 9, 4:34 PM

Poll: » Shine Post Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2022

27 by yawnaroo »»
Jul 8, 4:11 PM

Poll: » Shine Post Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2022

24 by yawnaroo »»
Jul 8, 11:05 AM

Poll: » Shine Post Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2022

53 by yawnaroo »»
Jul 5, 4:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.