Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 6, 2022 7:28 AM

Nov 2011
Hmm, I wasn't entirely expecting a Halloween theme based episode. Still a pretty interesting one with more focus on Hibiki. It goes goes to show that with support of family and friends, becoming a healer is not an impossible goal.

Loved the Halloween style performance from the entire cast. Candy, costumes, smiles, they have it all!
Jun 6, 2022 7:44 AM

Feb 2020
Entertaining Halloween episode.

Beautiful performance. I loved their costumes.

Hibiki is such a nice girl who definitely deserves more screen time.

SerafosJul 3, 1:15 AM
Jun 6, 2022 7:56 AM

Jul 2017
Hibiki's character episode, and it's pretty much a happy-go-lucky musical with her following the footsteps of Ria being a Healer, but the only thing lacking is her self-confidence to use the things around her for excuses to prove that she's not as good as others will think she is. The most being comparable to Ria.

Hibiki having the support of family and friends is essential to her character building, and what a change from being a background character to one being at the center stage,

The Healer Girls celebrate Halloween with props, vegetables from her family farm and actual "trick or treat"-ing with each girl in charge of getting things like treats from food to bags and costumes. The Halloween musical was just as well done as any dialogue-based conversation.

Taking the C-rank healer exams now would be a great proposition to become lil' professional Healers, go for it, girls!

2 more episodes to go...and I can't easily put this down when it finishes...
Jun 6, 2022 8:11 AM

Feb 2019
I’m so glad we got a Hibiki episode. She’s definitely the most underdeveloped of the girls character wise. Glad she was able to overcome her internal struggle and just go for it. Doesn’t matter if it’s being a healer or anything else, just go for it. You’ll definitely fail if you don’t try.

The Halloween celebration itself was very fun and I loved the musical number. So cool to see the girls dress up and have fun after that stressful operation last week.

Only two more eps! Gonna be so sad when healer girl ends, season has blown by
Marinate1016Jun 6, 2022 8:18 AM
Jun 6, 2022 8:16 AM

Jun 2021
Another beautiful episode with lots of singing.
Like the Hibiki focus and the scenes with her family. Sonia's appearance was good too.

And now the girls are going to take their C-level license. Guess that will be the main focus of the remaining episodes. This show has been fantastic so I hope it will stick the landing.
Jun 6, 2022 8:46 AM

May 2021
Great episode! It was a nice halloween themed episode and Ria sensei in the witch costume looked sugoku kawaii nano desu (NIPAH!). The performance was also great!
Ria asked the girls to take their C rank healer exams!

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Jun 6, 2022 10:21 AM

Jul 2011
Im too lazy to remember but, is this the first episode that we see Ria full face on her blonde phase?
Jun 6, 2022 12:13 PM

Feb 2021
Awwww kid Hibiki is so cute

Healer girl is back to heal the awful day I was having lol.

The next episode is apparently them training for their exams yet again, I'm excited for it, only two more episodes to go.

BlichoBoy said:
Im too lazy to remember but, is this the first episode that we see Ria full face on her blonde phase?
She appeared blonde on the last episode.
Jun 6, 2022 2:13 PM

Dec 2013
A well deserved Hibiki focused episode, she was so cute missing that tooth. Reimi is too pretty, she looked lovely with the bat wings.
Jun 6, 2022 3:07 PM

Nov 2019
A brilliant Hibiki-centric episode, loved how she's grown a tonne waa

The halloween performance was great, the girls looked like they had tonnes of fun too

C-rank healer test soon, with a training camp next episode, the finale is looking up to be great

2 more episodes left though :'3
Jun 6, 2022 4:28 PM

May 2021
So rare to see a Halloween episode. For me, at least. The next step in their education's arriving.

Jun 6, 2022 7:45 PM

Jun 2019
A bit of a step down from the previous 3 episodes, but solid nevertheless. A Hibiki episode was overdue. And while I felt the cutting between flashback and current could have been more seamless, it got her motivation across efficiently. The performances were pretty standard for the show. I liked the Halloween one the most since it gave a more detailed look of the house as the girls ran through it.
Jun 7, 2022 12:56 AM

Dec 2020
Despite the Halloween theme this episode, this doesn't really feel like a halloween episode. Maybe cause most of the episode's time was done during the day, that's why probably.

But a Hibiki episode. It's a great episode diving into Hibiki's mind and her problems. She has quite a relatable situation, so that's always a plus for me. And we also get to see how supportive Hibiki's parents are not just to Hibiki but to Ria as well.

And it seems like this season will end with the three of them being a C-rank healer at the pace they are going with.

I wasted all my time in rewatching to the point of my rewatch total is higher than my overall anime total lmao
Jun 7, 2022 5:22 AM

Mar 2008
This episode felt oddly short. Oh well. Relatable ep. Waiting for next one, sounds it could be interesting.
Jun 7, 2022 6:07 AM

Oct 2016
Another wonderful episode! Man, only 2 episodes left, just thinking about it makes me sad. No more healing, only pain.

We finally got the much needed Hibiki episode. I really like how they showed her backstory in parallel with the present, you can really see how she's grown. Really liked as well that her insecurities ties in with Aoi.

Damn, Ria's been through a lot of phases though lmao.

Really loved the songs this episode, the shopping and the Halloween party, definitely did not expect the grandma to sing too, but it's a very welcomed surprise.

I am guessing we're ending the show with the girls getting their C-rank licenses, but the show could easily heal us forever (´_`). Can't wait for the next episode.
Jun 7, 2022 6:34 AM
Jul 2010
I always liked that this show took such a silly premise of "vocal medicine" and tried to ground it and even pair it with traditional means of treating patients, even though the whole process and concepts like “image” remain of fairly magical’ish nature. But throughout this course i was anticipating for creators to delve a bit deeper, for example - the misuse of the healing techniques, which could end up in hurting the patient instead of treating him. When it came to "vocal medicine", the show was always very vague about that. There were multiple mentions of rules and Kana got lightly scolded in the first episode for treating the wound, but I don’t remember that it was truly elaborated on why is it important to abide by those rules, what dangers are there. Of course i wasn't sure that this show would even dare to go to that territory, but in this episode they at least tried to do something regarding that.

Up until the party at the clinic i wasn't impressed with this Hibiki centric episode. For me she was the weakest and least interesting of the trio and this episode didn't really do much to correct that, though the message of the episode is simple and nice. I am also not the fan of how her vocals sounded in this episode either, especially during the shopping sequence, her voice in her part felt pretty over-exaggerated.

Also a minor thing, but i don't like how they sometimes reuse the same music for musical inserts even with different lyrics like they did again in the shopping sequence, but since it is a very catchy melody, i don't mind that much.

The main performance of the episode during the party was great as always with great animation and a majestic song. Unfortunately in the beginning of the song, music is a tad too loud and overwhelms the singing.
The moment I enjoyed the most was when the purple smoke/energy/whatever began to form around the girls in their “image” while they were gleefully singing in front of everyone which seemingly came as a surprise to other healers and Ria had to step in in order to cleanse this negative(?) energy.

It's not the first time, that Ria obviously recognizes an immense potential that the girls are able to manifest and i suppose the party could've ended on a not so happy note if not for her, but she doesn't try to scold them and instead offers them an opportunity to move on to another stage of their healer careers. Next episode seems to be a training episode, so i hope that girls will naturally grasp the responsibility of a healer.
I understand why they didn’t go for a darker ending, like for example someone could’ve gotten actually sick during the party (because of that purple energy thing), but that might have been too traumatizing and shocking knowing the overall tone of this show. Even if I am not a fan of the idea that everything in this show needs to be kept lighthearted, I can appreciate that they a least showed something regarding the possible negative consequences of careless healer actions. Though that in itself remained depicted in a fairly vague way, since the girls were not doing anything bad on surface, but dialogue after the party and after-credits scene alluded to a bit more serious tone.

P.S. Halloween "costumes" were disappointing for the main trio. They really could have used something different than their usual clinic clothes + some props.
Urban_DruidJun 7, 2022 6:53 AM
Jun 7, 2022 6:38 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
They knew that the time is limited. But since everything already reach this part, this is it, folks. The time has come for everyone to be more serious and learn a step forward onward. Last episodic episode using a parallel direction of Hibiki backpass regarding her motivation before entering the world of healer, and the current Halloween event, which kinda be a fine enough direction to close off the calm phase before the storm. 2 episode seems a bit too short. But, as always from each of every seasonal time, all things must come to an end, and not really different from the Healer Girl case....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 7, 2022 8:06 AM

Feb 2021
Honestly, after this episode, I think Hibiki is the best girl from the main trio and Hibiki's mom and Ria-sensei are the overall best girls for the show.

I wonder if Japanese people actually have anything going on for Halloween. I presume they don't really do 'trick or treat' like most western countries do.

Damn, they are giving out quite a bit of candy in those small bags. They are packed to the brim lol

What happened to Sonia vs Ria singing competition?

Didn't expect them to start discussing about taking the C-Rank healer tests. When they pass, Sonia will be somewhat pissed off imo.
◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐
"Everything I've witnessed... This whole system you have built has always rejected me. Now I'm ready to reject it. That's why I destroy. That's why I took this power for myself. Simple enough, yeah? I don't care if you don't understand... That's what makes us... Heroes and Villains."
◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐
Jun 7, 2022 12:45 PM

Nov 2009
What's with all the Halloween in June... there's a lot of games with Halloween theme going on right now... and now even anime is doing it...

As for Trick-or-Treat, some do some don't, it's not a big deal compared to other Holidays like Valentine or Xmas. Most people just make some decorations here and there. And "dressing up" is mostly just for Kids, most people just dress up as a one-time deal just to go to gatherings. Many don't dress up for the whole day, and a lot of school still have dress-codes, so many don't participate

Such as in this episode, they literally shows the girls only dressing up when they go visit ppls, while in the morning they were in normal cloth and after the gathering they're all back to regular cloth.

(not to mention Japan is already widely known for cosplay all year round, so dressing up in costume for a certain day isn't a big deal)

___ ___ ___

hmm... healer exam huh...

Wonder what Ria mean by the girls not having "enough power"...

Is she saying the way they sing? the tone? lyrics? or literal "healer power" to visualize the "images"?

Such as before where the girl's "Image" wasn't enough for the Pregnant Lady while Ria step up and changed the "Image".

Or the actual mysterious power of using songs to heal things... cause everyone can sing, but only certain special people have the power to turn singing into reality.

Tho... weird part about this is... from how they talk about the girls reaching the conclusion to become a Healer... they were all pretty much at one time or another "regular girls"... so does this mean you actually don't need "special powers" to become Healers?

I think you actually just need the understanding of "notes" in the song/ lyrics (which was a thesis proposal by Ria back in early episode) . basically the higher and deeper notes used at certain times triggers the visualizing of Healing.

And the reason why that Healers are all Female, cause males mostly have a deeper voice, thus less higher notes and can't trigger the visualizing. (as we've seen that majority if not all songs from episode 1 to now all have a lot of high notes)
amlgJun 7, 2022 12:55 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jun 9, 2022 12:52 AM

Oct 2008
oh nice! the three are levelling-up!
C-rank here we go!
another very good performance song for Halloween theme!
5/5.

Jun 28, 2022 11:17 PM

Feb 2021
They are still singing even on the Halloween :)
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jul 28, 2022 1:57 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Oh Halloween themed but of course in a joyful and heartwarming way with them singing as always, now it's time for another but higher tier exam? :o
Jul 31, 2022 12:04 PM

Jul 2016
Wonderful Hibiki-focused episode.
Mar 3, 2023 11:59 AM
May 2015
Urban_Druid said:
I always liked that this show took such a silly premise of "vocal medicine" and tried to ground it and even pair it with traditional means of treating patients, even though the whole process and concepts like “image” remain of fairly magical’ish nature. But throughout this course i was anticipating for creators to delve a bit deeper, for example - the misuse of the healing techniques, which could end up in hurting the patient instead of treating him. When it came to "vocal medicine", the show was always very vague about that. There were multiple mentions of rules and Kana got lightly scolded in the first episode for treating the wound, but I don’t remember that it was truly elaborated on why is it important to abide by those rules, what dangers are there. Of course i wasn't sure that this show would even dare to go to that territory, but in this episode they at least tried to do something regarding that.

Up until the party at the clinic i wasn't impressed with this Hibiki centric episode. For me she was the weakest and least interesting of the trio and this episode didn't really do much to correct that, though the message of the episode is simple and nice. I am also not the fan of how her vocals sounded in this episode either, especially during the shopping sequence, her voice in her part felt pretty over-exaggerated.

Also a minor thing, but i don't like how they sometimes reuse the same music for musical inserts even with different lyrics like they did again in the shopping sequence, but since it is a very catchy melody, i don't mind that much.

The main performance of the episode during the party was great as always with great animation and a majestic song. Unfortunately in the beginning of the song, music is a tad too loud and overwhelms the singing.
The moment I enjoyed the most was when the purple smoke/energy/whatever began to form around the girls in their “image” while they were gleefully singing in front of everyone which seemingly came as a surprise to other healers and Ria had to step in in order to cleanse this negative(?) energy.

It's not the first time, that Ria obviously recognizes an immense potential that the girls are able to manifest and i suppose the party could've ended on a not so happy note if not for her, but she doesn't try to scold them and instead offers them an opportunity to move on to another stage of their healer careers. Next episode seems to be a training episode, so i hope that girls will naturally grasp the responsibility of a healer.
I understand why they didn’t go for a darker ending, like for example someone could’ve gotten actually sick during the party (because of that purple energy thing), but that might have been too traumatizing and shocking knowing the overall tone of this show. Even if I am not a fan of the idea that everything in this show needs to be kept lighthearted, I can appreciate that they a least showed something regarding the possible negative consequences of careless healer actions. Though that in itself remained depicted in a fairly vague way, since the girls were not doing anything bad on surface, but dialogue after the party and after-credits scene alluded to a bit more serious tone.

P.S. Halloween "costumes" were disappointing for the main trio. They really could have used something different than their usual clinic clothes + some props.
I completely agree with all of these criticisms. The show keeps itself from being great by adhering deeply to Iyashikei in the most literal sense possible. As if upping the narrative depth or stakes would undermine the pure joy of seeing a story constructed like a musical. I still think it's really good and the characters are way deeper than most SoL shows but it's frustratingly just a step away from feeling fantastic.

Watching this now after Bocchi the Rock! I can see how their approaches to music and team building are very different. I really really want to see this show be better than it is, and it's already more than worth recommending to people who like musicals. For the shot in the dark chance that there might be a Season 2, I hope they would go full-in on worldbuilding this concept and doing some of the things you mentioned. It would be a different idea, but it doesn't ever have to lose the joyful qualities that make it put a smile on my face. Dramatic turns would only make this show better, in my opinion.

More topics from this board

» Other anime like this ?

SakurakoMikage - Apr 12

0 by SakurakoMikage »»
Apr 12, 3:55 AM

Poll: » Healer Girl Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2022

39 by Destroyer31 »»
Apr 2, 2023 10:29 PM

Poll: » Healer Girl Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2022

40 by Vhailor »»
Mar 15, 2023 3:21 PM

» Songs

Bruno- - Mar 11, 2023

6 by Zeehighness »»
Mar 12, 2023 10:58 AM

Poll: » Healer Girl Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2022

87 by souraia »»
Jan 30, 2023 2:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.