Forum Settings
Forums

'Tokyo Mew Mew New' Unveils Supporting Cast, Second Promo

New
May 28, 2022 7:47 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
The official website of the Tokyo Mew Mew New ♡ television anime series revealed on Saturday six additional cast and a second promotional video. The anime is scheduled to premiere on July 6 at 12:00 a.m. on Tokyo MX, followed by BS Tokyo TV.

Cast
Quiche: Nobuhiko Okamoto (Boku no Hero Academia)
Tart: Daiki Yamashita (Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san)
Pie: Yuuichirou Umehara (Darling in the FranXX)
Miwa Honjo: Aina Suzuki (Jashin-chan Dropkick)
Moe Yanagida: Iori Saeki (Shokei Shoujo no Virgin Road)
Seiji Aizawa: Akira Ishida (Tribe Nine)

Takahiro Natori (Cannon Busters) is helming the series at Yumeta Company and Graphinica. Yuka Yamada (Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon) is handling the series composition and Satoshi Ishino (Date A Live) is designing the characters. Yasuhara Takanashi (Zombieland Saga) is composing the music.

The anime adapts Reiko Yoshida and Mia Ikumi's shoujo fantasy manga which serialized in Nakayoshi magazine between August 2000 and December 2002. The duo followed up with a two-volume sequel that ran from March to December 2003.

Tokyopop previously published the manga and its sequel in English between 2003 and 2006. Kodansha Comics relicensed the series and released all nine volumes in four omnibuses in 2011.

Studio Pierrot produced a 52-episode television anime that aired from Spring 2002 to Winter 2003.

PV 2

Source: Comic Natalie
DatRandomDudeMay 28, 2022 7:48 AM
May 28, 2022 1:24 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Still not used to these new seiyuu choices lol... a bit worried about the animation budget outside of these transformations, but hey let's wait and see...
May 29, 2022 1:49 AM
Aug 2020
I was kinda dissappointed at first that Quiche is not voiced by Sakaguchi anymore but listening to his voice in the PV, Okamoto fits better than expected
May 29, 2022 6:38 AM

Jun 2014
It's nice to get some new magical girl anime, but this just appears to be a remake of the original, and not a sequel.

May 31, 2022 8:12 AM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
_-_Sally_-_ said:
It's nice to get some new magical girl anime, but this just appears to be a remake of the original, and not a sequel.
The original manga did get a short 2-volume sequel, which, while generally not well received by the fanbase, I really hope gets adapted this time.

Unlike most of the fanbase, I actually like Berry. Even more than Ichigo, in fact. XD
May 31, 2022 8:27 AM
Dec 2017
here's hoping this does well, so more magical girl stuff can come out.

May 31, 2022 8:46 AM

Jun 2014
Fario-P said:
_-_Sally_-_ said:
The original manga did get a short 2-volume sequel, which, while generally not well received by the fanbase, I really hope gets adapted this time.

Unlike most of the fanbase, I actually like Berry. Even more than Ichigo, in fact. XD

Oh, I see. Well, hopefully it will be good. I'll have to watch the original first, as I only saw bits of it on TV years ago.

May 31, 2022 5:37 PM

Jan 2020
Fario-P said:
Still not used to these new seiyuu choices lol... a bit worried about the animation budget outside of these transformations, but hey let's wait and see...

I'm a bit worried as well cause Yumeta Company's works produced under Graphinica have looked pretty poor compared to their TYO days. Also the seiyuus are newbies as well which makes me kinds nervous, though they've seemed to improved from that last PV.
ims-tokyoMay 31, 2022 6:03 PM
Jun 2, 2022 12:58 PM
May 2022

More topics from this board

» 'Zenshuu.' Unveils Additional Cast, Second Teaser Promo for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - 2 hours ago

3 by Safuan12616 »»
7 minutes ago

» 'Lazarus' Unveils Main Staff, Cast, 2025 Premiere

DatRandomDude - 3 hours ago

3 by deg »»
24 minutes ago

» 'Ganbare! Nakamura-kun!!' Reveals Production Staff, Teaser Promo, 2025 Debut

DatRandomDude - 3 hours ago

1 by livexevil »»
2 hours ago

» New 'High Card' Episode Announces Guest Cast

Vindstot - 4 hours ago

0 by Vindstot »»
4 hours ago

» 'Magic Maker: Isekai Mahou no Tsukurikata' Unveils Additional Cast, Staff, First Promo for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - 5 hours ago

0 by DatRandomDude »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.