Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 14, 2022 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
Episode was tense with RPG battle elements.

When a town gets attacked, it's cool to see its people protect their homes. Karyl looked badass this episode but she wasn't being used like a puppet. Best part is when her friend Pecorine showed up when she needed her the most. Thank Goodness.

What an episode, with a lot of emotions.
Mar 14, 2022 8:31 AM

Apr 2014
Kaiser was insane, absolutely insane. This was totally a mess, killing your own citizen, bruhh... I hope she will gone for good for this time. Pecorine, I know you can do it, cut that vixen head, please.
Well, the good point is Kyaru was not in that vixen control anymore and it's time for everyone to fight back.
何それ?意味分かんない
Mar 14, 2022 10:23 AM

Jul 2011
When Karyl with the visor began to cast so many strong spells. I just could think of that "cooler daniel" meme.

Why have some expensive device to communicate, when you can have a rock that can project a broadcast in the sky?

For the most i loved Pecorine speech and was waiting for it. Come to my mind a sad thought that this could be the last Priconne season.
Mar 14, 2022 10:24 AM

Jul 2017
OH GOD, when Karyl finally gets used by Kaiser Insight for destruction (like we've waited 2 seasons for this to happen), YOU KNOW IT'S GONE BAD.

Diabolos got hoodwinked by Karyl being totally mind-controlled by Kaiser, kidnapping Illya and Yori away, as Landosol changes into a mine field of Shadows lurking all around. Kasumi gets to flex her detective skills with Tamaki's help, and Yuni's explanation only finally made sense now that everyone's memories were wiped out
They'd need to just find Pecorine to finish Kaiser's insanity, and until that happens, Kaiser via Karyl will only continue to wreak havoc.

Last season's end, Pecorine is tested of her true coming as Princess Eustiana, and now she is bring put to the test facing the manipulated Karyl head-on as the others struggle to keep control of Landosol as a whole from the Shadows. And all that thought wasn't for naught as Pecorine still sees a sliver of hope within Karyl's true feelings, and Yuni came in at the most opportune time to rally the people against Kaiser.

But man, this is the worst that Karyl has even been put in such a disposition, and Pecorine is ready to fight to the death to reclaim what is rightfully hers. Time to really put this vixen down, and for good.
Mar 14, 2022 10:49 AM

Jun 2015
Stark700 said:
Episode was tense with RPG battle elements.

When a town gets attacked, it's cool to see its people protect their homes. Karyl looked badass this episode but she wasn't being used like a puppet. Best part is when her friend Pecorine showed up when she needed her the most. Thank Goodness.

What an episode, with a lot of emotions.

Karyl was being used like a puppet. It was clearly shown. If your this bored step down and let someone else do the intros. Unless you being paid and then id like to speak to your boss as your out of control. That aside my good man.

Epic episode. Never played the game or know its story but season two ending is climaxing in a way all epic shows do. With a all encompassing totally wild story. Love it!!!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Mar 14, 2022 10:49 AM

Aug 2018
Why is Yuuki so useless
"When There Is Evil In This World That Justice Cannot Defeat, Would You Taint Your Hands With Evil To Defeat Evil? Or Would You Remain Steadfast And Righteous Even If It Means Surrendering To Evil?"
Mar 14, 2022 10:52 AM

Feb 2019
Holy shit that final 4 mins or so was nothing but goosebumps. The story of Priconne really picked up this season and has been such a pleasant surprise. This isn’t just a generic waifu gacha adapation. There’s a genuinely riveting story to be had here. When pecorine basically accepted who she is and said she was going to reclaim her kingdom… beautiful character development.
Mar 14, 2022 10:54 AM

Jun 2015
Marcus5768 said:
Why is Yuuki so useless

In Western culture men are not allowed to be strong anymore,
Mar 14, 2022 12:00 PM

Jul 2015
Man.. this was probably the first Princess Reconnect episode that wasn't wholesome for the most part.. but rather.. a bit grimm

Also.. From the walls and these ghost thingies, I got reminded of Attack on titan lmao.. EP was grimm but they did added few comedic moments to balance it out

Kind of sad seeing Karyl begging Pecorine to help her..
Mar 14, 2022 12:12 PM

May 2021
Great episode! I would have expected Kyouka to easily beat that monster by using Cosmo BLUE FLASH! But she was NERFED in the anime.
I loved Kyaru v Pecorine and let's see what happens next...

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Mar 14, 2022 1:30 PM

Feb 2019
Roch2001 said:
Marcus5768 said:
Why is Yuuki so useless

but this isn't western culture. this is a show made in Japan, which is in the East.
The line below is True.
The line above is False.
Mar 14, 2022 1:47 PM

Apr 2015
Nah nah, Kaiser needs her ass kicked next week... She put Karyl in the position that she's begging Pecorine to save her. You can't get away with that.

This episode felt like 5 minutes and it had a really serious tone throughout the whole episode, which is a rarity for Priconne.
Mar 14, 2022 2:14 PM

Jun 2017
They really saved the budget for these few last episodes, the effects are really insanely good, hands down the best ones I have seen in anime, like ever.

Mar 14, 2022 2:17 PM

Feb 2017
i don't buy kyaru's cry for help AT ALL. Like... even after kaiser killed labyrista while using her as a meat shield, then crying she still does everything kaiser says ... DAFUQ. She does not deserve any pity at all.
More since we don't have any falshbacks to show us why kyaru is so loyal to kaiser.
The worst part is that she wasn't under some kind of mind control, she did everything as she was ordered 'till it came to dirty her hands directly.
(i mean summoning shadows all over the town still counts as killing those that get caught)

ALSO we know NEXT to nothing as to why kaiser is doing all of this & what her objective is.
Whitout any context i can't connect/care with/for kaiser, kyaru, labyrista at all.

And.. even if they show it later (and it is something way to important and it justifies everything) it is still too late, bacause the fights, betrayals, etc already happend.

I'm so freaking mad as an anime only that love season 1 and most of season 2 episodes 1~9
tottojaMar 15, 2022 7:02 AM
Mar 14, 2022 2:43 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Kaiser is so annoying seriously, well at least it seems like Pecorine is determined and will fight to fix everything and save Karyl, she revealed her true identity to everyone
Mar 14, 2022 3:09 PM
Sep 2019
I just love how Kaiser already make her intention to sacrifice people but when her identity as a fraud is exposed, she in pure rage asks everyone to be killed.
Mar 14, 2022 3:55 PM

Apr 2018
Nothing new, I have seen a fight like this while playing the game, except Pecorine is the only one fighting Mana at the moment.

and yes,

Here is just a picture of my 6 star Kyouka

Ayumi and Shinobu got turned into pudding by Miyako 10:00.
Mar 14, 2022 4:17 PM

Aug 2020
Go Pecorine! Save Karyl and the kingdom

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Mar 14, 2022 4:24 PM

Jul 2014
Yeah, this episode has completely pushed Karyl beyond redemption for me. After last week's cliffhanger where she finally sees Kaiser for what she is, Karyl ends up going even further along with her plans than ever before. She sets Shadows on the Landosol townfolk, refutes Pecorine when she brings up the Gourmet Guild and attacks loads of the friends they've made from the other guilds, even torturing Illya at one point. And then she willingly opens fire on the innocent citizens of Landosol and only then does she decide she's can't go along with Kaiser's plans anymore.

With the way this episode abruptly started with Karyl in that mask, I assumed the set-up was that Kaiser was using the mask to control Karyl and force her to do all the horrible things she's shown as doing. In that circumstance, I could have forgiven her as it would have been out of control and would have kept her misdeeds as no more than that thing with the dragon in the first episode of season 1. But no, it turns out she was acting of her own free will the whole time. Sure, she had those strings on her, but Kaiser only used those to take control when Karyl finally protested: in other words, Karyl could have protested at any time rather than going through with Kaiser's plans, but she didn't until it was far too late to matter.

Obviously, Karyl's conflicting loyalties to Kaiser and the Gourmet Guild were going to have to be addressed eventually, but I think they just messed that up completely here while also seeming to go against the entire purpose of last week's cliffhanger.

Great episode otherwise, though, especially Pecorine vowing as the true princess to reclaim her kingdom.
Mar 14, 2022 4:27 PM

Nov 2011
Imma say it loud so the people in the back can here *ahem* FUCK KARYL!!!

She deserves all this shit and zero sympathy imo. I thought maybe, just MAYBE she was being Mind Controlled, but OH NO!!! She's doing everything here ON HER OWN FREE WILL!!! (until the very end)
Nah bro I am not about that life. She is GARBAGE.

Honestly I am sort of tired of Pecorine as well getting all the show time in regards to fights. Like they're still cool but I want Yuuki to do something other then getting destroyed or passing out.

Which I am hoping and PRAYING they are saving his fight and his time to shine for the very end...and I want it to be EPIC af.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Fall 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 14, 2022 5:02 PM
Sep 2019
Looks, havng Karyl switching back and forth between allegiances is pretty frustrating but I can't deny how much of a bad hand she had been dealt with. Sure, I'm pretty sure she'll have to face the consequences but Pecorine is right in trying to help this girl out who is miserable.
Mar 14, 2022 6:05 PM
Aug 2015
For anyone wondering, Yuuki probably lost his power since his Princess or Queen whatever she is, was beaten and is being used now.
Mar 14, 2022 7:26 PM

Mar 2020
My tears won't stop flowing! I just can't stand seeing Karyl-chan being manipulated like that!

Pecorine-chan! Or should I say Eustiana-hime please save Karyl-chan!!!
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Mar 14, 2022 9:07 PM

Mar 2008
I truly would not give a damn if Karyl died. She has killed and hurt many people. There is no excuse for following Kaiser.
Mar 14, 2022 9:10 PM

Jan 2022
The episode was so intense I was expecting Twinkle Wish or Christina to show up at some point and save some people. This only makes me look forward to the next 2 episodes even more though!

Also, I loved how Yuni and Kasumi we working together since Episode 8. When they were shown in the rice field, it just looked like they were behaving according to their own characters (Yuni being inquisitive and Kasumi being very sharp), but it turns out there was actually a bigger purpose behind it. I love it when they do that!

Mar 14, 2022 9:15 PM

Jul 2019
Doctor Yuni and Kasumi did the impossible and revealed the conspiracy of the false ruler. Kyaru almost got rid of the shackles and now only Eustiana von Astraea (I'm applauding for the coming out scene) can finish the corrupted deal and save her. Kokkoro fell into the simulation with absolute darkness not long before Yuki passed away from another flashback (?). Next time we're up to the humongous duel for the kingdom.
townghostMar 14, 2022 9:38 PM
Mar 14, 2022 9:36 PM

Jul 2012
YAY, MORE TAMAKI! Best girl in the show! <3

Anyway, I'm starting to like Karyl less and less each episode, even before she gets to assist Kaiser, but she should have known better by calling her Gourmet Guilds for help rather than to just follow Kaiser's orders by continuing to hurt innocent civilians. Pecorine (Eustiana von Astraea) has arrived just in time to protect her civilians, and Yuni has been giving announcements that Eustiana should be claimed on the throne. Maybe I can forgive Karyl if she gets to redeem herself, but for now, Kaiser must be stopped. It's a great episode nonetheless, and I'm looking forward to see how Pecorine gets to battle the big bad villain!
"You don't have to believe in yourself, because I believe in you." - Drax the Destroyer
https://dawnhibiki.carrd.co/

Mirishita ID: L3N93SKX
Discord: DawnHibiki #6454
Mar 14, 2022 10:02 PM

Jul 2016
They sure ruined Karyl's character with this last couple of episodes, huh? One could expect she would finally open her damn eyes after having being used as meat shield by her "majesty" to kill one of Yuuki's dearest companions but no.
Not to mention there was no brainwashing at all, as I was assuming when the episode started. She did everything on her own free will and was only forced by Kaiser once she was ordered to kill civilians directly... for the second time. By the way, I now wonder how many citizens got killed off-screen by the Shadows Karyl released in the first place...

That said, the episode itself was still interesting for other aspects but to be honest, it's truly disappointing what they did with Karyl's story-line.
Mar 14, 2022 10:20 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
Great episode.

The feels hit twice. First with the game, then with the anime. Gourmet guild is not gourmet guild if it missing one member.

Us gamers already knew Kyaru's backstory and her relation with Kaiser to why she followed her orders. It's funny to see anime-only/minority group hating on Kyaru when she's the one of the most popular chara in Japan and globally in the gamer community. Oh wait, Kyaru is most favorite on mal priconne page as well. XD
Mar 14, 2022 10:24 PM

Jan 2011
i loved Karyl and her faces but the anime really did ruin her in the last few episodes the amount of shit shes done on her own free will is messed up and i was taking any scraps i could get with mind control or blackmail but nope damn shame

i really wish her arc had been wrapped up in the first to start of this season so that she'd be on the side going up vs her master but this constant going back and forth sucked to see her stay by her side despite all the awful shit shes doing
Mar 15, 2022 3:15 AM

Oct 2008
omg what a cliffhanger!
alright here we go 2nd round next ep! show them what you've got Eustiana von Astraea a.k.a. PECORINE!!!
the staff must give their best and beyond!!!
5/5.

Mar 15, 2022 4:16 AM
Dec 2020
love to see how they bring back the other characters
Mar 15, 2022 6:40 AM

Jun 2016
this episode so intense and epic !!

meanwhile the useless MC sleeping around that mess LOL ..
Mar 15, 2022 8:36 AM

Apr 2021
Like some other people, I'm so sorry but I'm really ticked off Karyl. There's no excuse to her irrational actions. I tried to understand her but nah, she isn't deserving of any sympathy.

While it's thrilling to see badass Pecorine's determination to reclaim the throne, it's a little bit sad that it's gonna end soon. Can't wait for the next episode already. Hoping that vixen would get her ass kicked. Oh, it would be more satisfying if she'll be beheaded lmao. Her face this ep is the most infuriating.

Mar 15, 2022 8:52 AM

Aug 2019
YUNI finally showed herself
Mar 15, 2022 10:17 AM

Mar 2013
Finally, she revealed and proclaimed her true name and true goal! Damn, watching this really makes my heart skip a beat.

It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Mar 15, 2022 10:20 AM
Feb 2022
I liked it because the episode shows Keryl obeying under pressure the fake princess Eustiana and we have everyone finding out who the real princess Eustiana is, which in this case is Pecorine
Mar 15, 2022 3:55 PM

May 2018
Marcus5768 said:
Why is Yuuki so useless

Probably because the anime adaption is so fucking shit they just replaced yuuki with pecorine, she stole all of his great moments , also beacuse you can't have yuri baits if the mc interfere's even tho both pecorine and kyarul(she even kissed him) love yuuki in the game.
Sene0Mar 15, 2022 4:01 PM
Mar 16, 2022 9:24 AM

Oct 2007
ah, this show is so good. When Pecorine declare to protect the people and reclaim her kingdom, emotional moment it put tears into my eye. Not joking.

looking forward to next week!!! :)

release date is June 2022, but Peco is already sold out. People are so fast to pre-order, I should have pre-ordered earlier..

https://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOGDS-488743
Mar 16, 2022 1:49 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Time for Peco to reclaim her throne as Estiana von Astrea for Kasier Insight and save Kyaru.
Mar 16, 2022 5:36 PM

Feb 2014
Daaaamn, that was crazy good, wonder how episodes 11 and 12 will top that.
Mar 17, 2022 1:45 AM

Dec 2008
At least the people figured out that the beastfolk ruler is a lie, but it looked like everyone will get murdered.

That was a really dark episode compared to the fluff in other episodes and other fantasy anime also rarely feel that grim.

Karyl, the cute traitor was really merciless I hope she was mind controlled when targetting civilians.

I had goosebumps in the last 2 minutes, this show is so good
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 17, 2022 6:03 AM

Dec 2008
The Karyl hate is a bit too black and white here, she is just a lame spy that likes the main villain a lot, although she knows that it is probably not good. It is interesting to see her being torn between Gourmet Guild and the evil af palace, although it should be obvious which place has more warmth.

I don't think Karyl gave Kaiser any good intel.

Karyl didn't know that the ring could teleport Peco, she still doesn't know.
Karyl didn't want that the readhead had to die.
In this episode she just gave up and went with the flow of Kaiser's ambition.
Later she was even controlled. I'm sure they will explain her relationship to Kaiser more.

But I don't know how Kaiser can be beaten, it seems impossible now.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 18, 2022 2:11 PM

Apr 2019
Marcus5768 said:
Why is Yuuki so useless
its the fate of the mc to be over powered for no reaso.... wait a minute...

Maybe watching, maybe reading, probably living
Mar 19, 2022 2:49 PM

Nov 2009
Kyaru the traiter, even tho she's mostly "mind controlled" or "brain washed", she still started out as Evil Queen's servant and her original objection is to spy on Yuuki and Pecorine. (anime and the game is the same)

Even without being controlled, Kyaru is willing to do whatever the Evil Queen wants her to do since the beginning. She's only being controlled so the Evil Queen can keep her in check since Kyaru likes to go back and forth switching sides.

___ ___ ___

Meanwhile... Peco is still trying to "save" Kyaru and thinks they can still be friends.

Also, ppls talking about Yuuki... he's just exhausted from constantly using his powers.

That and cause the anime's Yuuki isn't the "giga-chad" like the game where he has a massive harem to fight for him, LOL

And as mentioned by others, the anime is mostly focused on Pecorine instead of Yuuki.

The anime is more or less Peco's adventure instead of Yuuki's adventure. If you want Yuuki's adventure, you would have to play the game instead.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Mar 19, 2022 3:11 PM

Jun 2015
Hesmiyu said:
Roch2001 said:

but this isn't western culture. this is a show made in Japan, which is in the East.

Oh boy, recognise a troll meme when you see it. The majority of people posting here live states side.
Mar 20, 2022 10:47 AM

Jun 2021
One of the best anime for sure.

Season 3 for 2023 please!
Mar 21, 2022 10:10 AM

Nov 2016
It's nice that this anime is keeping the comedy up even during grim hours and lol @ Kaiser going full frenzy.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 23, 2022 6:52 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Wow, they caught more, and using Labyrista power to lockdown whole capital. But, yea agree with above me. Even on the crucial time, comedy still peaked xd.

Oh well, never expect for the plot to thicken like that. Karyl versus Pecorine already. Too fast, i'd be honest with you. I thought they'll continue with another two episodical episode again with a little corellation plotline with previous episode, before they reach final cliffhanger style episode to continue the main plot. Guess i am wrong in these case, then....

Alright, time is up. Pecorine announced herself. Supporting by Doctor Yuni result of investigation with meitantei Kasumi. Yuuki somehow get brain ddos. Lets see next...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 23, 2022 12:52 PM

Sep 2020
Did she steal the building power from Akira or something? Miyako is still so cute~
And The last scene made me tear up a bit.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Princess Connect! Re:Dive Season 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2022

119 by Sun_Chan »»
Sep 9, 11:56 PM

Poll: » Princess Connect! Re:Dive Season 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2022

74 by Sun_Chan »»
Sep 9, 11:29 PM

Poll: » Princess Connect! Re:Dive Season 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2022

83 by Sun_Chan »»
Sep 9, 10:42 PM

Poll: » Princess Connect! Re:Dive Season 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2022

55 by Sun_Chan »»
Sep 9, 10:04 PM

Poll: » Princess Connect! Re:Dive Season 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2022

70 by Sun_Chan »»
Sep 9, 9:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.