Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 29, 2021 9:05 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Episode aired 20 mins earlier than usual
https://twitter.com/nighthead2041/status/1443162386723127305

The world's destruction has begun, and as much as Daisuke wants it his way, the prophet (or Kimie rather) severed his life before the eyes of older brothers Naoto and Takuya. The paradox converging of the 4 brothers, the real truth exposed, and Okuhara's prophecy still stands: only two can remain, and the Kirihara Brothers get back on their own accord whle the Kuroki Brothers get to live. A peaceful resolution between the 4 brothers to put the world back to where it was.

Having received the messenger Shoko Futamii's message, the Kuroki Brothers finally reunited with their long- ost parents, though it took Kimie's mind control to reveal that fact that like Daisuke, she's power-hungry by using them both. But thanks to Naoya living within Yuya's soul (and the Kirihara Brothers protecting thir family for a final role), they're able to break free.

George Iida's writing may gave worked 30 years ago, but just like Night Head Genesis, it's a cult anime to those in the know. An OK show with a different feel to sci-fi.
KANLen09Sep 29, 2021 11:25 AM
Sep 29, 2021 11:44 AM
Sep 2015
It's not as brocon as I expect it to be.
Sep 29, 2021 12:17 PM

Jul 2015
Although hints were already given on the brothers being each others counterpart still cool reveal, especially with what happened in the past to the Kuroki parents at long last shown.

It was weird seeing the 2D and 3DCG (which was pretty good) characters in the same scenes but luckily not as terrible as in Ex-arm though. Decent series, I personally liked this alternate retelling more than Night Head Genesis as the plot felt less random, confusing and the story overall more cohesive.

Sep 29, 2021 12:53 PM

Jul 2011
Was a cool series overall.

Kimie was a good villain, tried to Kuroki brothers into allies at the end, failed, said whatever, and decided to keep going with life.

Im just happy that looks like the government isn't arresting kids anymore for having imagination.
Sep 29, 2021 5:16 PM

Mar 2010
I am a bit sad that the Kirihara brother's got erased. It was very pretty with the sparkles.
Sep 29, 2021 6:08 PM
Jan 2016
This show is very much underrated. The CG is really wonderfully done.
I saw that there is Night Head Genesis but it sounded like this was a remake of it.
Is there a sequel to this?
Sep 29, 2021 7:53 PM
Jan 2016
story was ok animation was good but the soundtrack was amazing
I'd rather die a free man then live under the rules of idiots
Sep 30, 2021 4:06 AM
Feb 2017
Did the kirihara brothers disappear from that world or are still there after rescue the father's of naoto and yuya ?

That was my last doubt
Sep 30, 2021 4:09 AM

Apr 2020
I don't understand the end part with the parents and all 😭
I don't know how signatures work

Sep 30, 2021 4:11 AM

Apr 2020
OldDeuz said:
Did the kirihara brothers disappear from that world or are still there after rescue the father's of naoto and yuya ?

That was my last doubt

Yes that's the thing I don't understand..
They're shown to be separated and both pair go in their respective world, however we then see Yuya and his brother with their old parents, and then the Kiriharas with Yuya's young parents, which are supposed to be in Yuya's world not Naoto's world 🤨 I'm lost

Sep 30, 2021 5:51 AM

Mar 2008
That was actually a lot better of a finale than I expected and everything makes way more sense now. I feel like it could have been done better just one or two more episodes in length.

So was Kimie the reincarnation of the prophet or was she just a loyal follower? Since the prophet was previously suggested to have been much older than human lifespan and later before her fading out was said to have long passed on and only some thoughts remained so either scenario sounds plausible.

EstebanOD said:
OldDeuz said:

That was my last doubt

Yes that's the thing I don't understand..
They're shown to be separated and both pair go in their respective world, however we then see Yuya and his brother with their old parents, and then the Kiriharas with Yuya's young parents, which are supposed to be in Yuya's world not Naoto's world 🤨 I'm lost

They definitely went back to the materialist world instead of simply returning to the spiritual world but they came in a different point in time from before to save the Kuroki parents from being killed after that point of walking away from eachother. It's just kind of unclear to me how the Kirihara bros got there. Either they simply turned back taking a detoured path or went to the spiritual world first in order to be capable of going back in time with help of Shoko who still would have been there at the time or Naoya's power was strengthened to be more like Shoko's where they can move through time.

@EstebanOD
I guess it just has to be assumed them returning didn't pose the same kind of risk as it did before because they knew to avoid Yuya and Takuya. What seems a bit unclear is how long they intend to stay there. Im thinking maybe they couldn't stay there long or else there would be two copies of the Kiriharas at different ages in the same world which could make for an even worse paradox having six brother with same soul instead of four. So I assume if i have my timelines straight they slipped into the time period when as children they disappeared from the world and thus likely left before the return of their younger selves. Time travel stuff tends to get confusing.
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⣸⠋⠀⠀⠀⡄⠀⠀⡔⠀⢀⠀⢸⠀⠀⠀⡘⡰⠁⠘⡀⠀⠀⢠⠀⠀⠀⢸⠀⠀⢸⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠁⠀⣀⠀⠀⡇⠀⡜⠈⠁⠀⢸⡈⢇⠀⠀⢣⠑⠢⢄⣇⠀⠀⠸⠀⠀⠀⢸⠀⠀⢸⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⢰⡟⡀⠀⡇⡜⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⡇⠈⢆⢰⠁⠀⠀⠀⠘⣆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠸⠀⠀⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠤⢄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡼⠀⣧⠀⢿⢠⣤⣤⣬⣥⠀⠁⠀⠀⠛⢀⡒⠀⠀⠀⠘⡆⡆⠀⠀⠀⡇⠀⠀⠇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⢵⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡰⠀⢠⠃⠱⣼⡀⣀⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠛⠳⠶⠶⠆⡸⢀⡀⣀⢰⠀⠀⢸ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⣀⣀⣀⠄⠀⠉⠁⠀⠀⢠⠃⢀⠎⠀⠀⣼⠋⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠴⠢⢄⡔⣕⡍⠣⣱⢸⠀⠀⢷⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⡰⠃⢀⠎⠀⠀⡜⡨⢢⡀⠀⠀⠀⠐⣄⠀⠀⣠⠀⠀⠀⠐⢛⠽⠗⠁⠀⠁⠊⠀⡜⠸⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⢀⠔⣁⡴⠃⠀⡠⡪⠊⣠⣾⣟⣷⡦⠤⣀⡈⠁⠉⢀⣀⡠⢔⠊⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⡤⡗⢀⠇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⢀⣠⠴⢑⡨⠊⡀⠤⠚⢉⣴⣾⣿⡿⣾⣿⡇⠀⠹⣻⠛⠉⠉⢀⠠⠺⠀⠀⡀⢄⣴⣾⣧⣞⠀⡜⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠐⠒⣉⠠⠄⡂⠅⠊⠁⠀⠀⣴⣿⣿⣿⣿⣻⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⢠⣷⣮⡍⡠⠔⢉⡇⡠⠋⠁⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀
Sep 30, 2021 7:18 AM

Apr 2020
traed said:

They definitely went back to the materialist world instead of simply returning to the spiritual world but they came in a different point in time from before to save the Kuroki parents from being killed after that point of walking away from eachother. It's just kind of unclear to me how the Kirihara bros got there. Either they simply turned back taking a detoured path or went to the spiritual world first in order to be capable of going back in time with help of Shoko who still would have been there at the time or Naoya's power was strengthened to be more like Shoko's where they can move through time.

@EstebanOD
I guess it just has to be assumed them returning didn't pose the same kind of risk as it did before because they knew to avoid Yuya and Takuya. What seems a bit unclear is how long they intend to stay there. Im thinking maybe they couldn't stay there long or else there would be two copies of the Kiriharas at different ages in the same world which could make for an even worse paradox having six brother with same soul instead of four. So I assume if i have my timelines straight they slipped into the time period when as children they disappeared from the world and thus likely left before the return of their younger selves. Time travel stuff tends to get confusing.

Wow! No no this make perfect sense!
That they traveled after to save Yuya's parents hence why Yuya's parents are alive; and that they came in the materialistic world when their younger self were transported into the spiritual world.
This would explain why in Yuya's visions the Kirihara brothers were so much older than the Kuroki.
The time was flowing normally for the Kuroki and the Kiriharas; but before they entered the cube (forgot if it has a name), in the time frame the young Kiriharas dissapeared, the old ones appeared and did their thing then dipped, the younger ones then reappeared. 🤔
And I assume at the very end when everything behind them became white, they were just returning to the spiritual world once their mission was over.

Sep 30, 2021 4:42 PM
May 2021
Man I loved this episode and the overall conclusion
Oct 1, 2021 2:12 AM

Oct 2008
it was okay...the OST for sure was great!
i thought Kimie would try to ruin it all but looks like they're safe...lolz safe for not having S2 or not ending things here...
4/5.
7/10.

Oct 1, 2021 8:37 AM

Nov 2019
Great ending. I loved the episode.
Oct 1, 2021 8:54 PM

Dec 2020
damn kirihara did not deserve that. saved yuya and takuya, saved the whole goddamn world basically. but they did it by choice, and agreement so good on them o7

pretty nice series overall, a bit ??? and just overly complicated at times but way better than i expected
Oct 2, 2021 7:08 AM
Feb 2021
Wow this episode was really really good especially that first half, definitely proved I’m too emotional as that made tears come rolling down but damn I was a bit weary of this show at first but this episode was my favourite out of all the episodes.
Oct 2, 2021 12:51 PM

Dec 2016
Ok so I understand most of it that their souls got split so Takuya and Yuya are actually Naoto and Naoya and because of that all four of them cannot exist in the same world. The only thing that I don't get is that just when and how were Naoto able to go and save Takuya's parents?? Did they time travel or something then why don't they remember that incident? Kimie's mind controlling made up story seems to make more sense than what actually happened.

Anyway, the story was really boring that I would have dropped it. The only reason I was able to survive till the end was because of the animation that I didn't expect to be this good. I was really doubtful about the CGI at first but it surprisingly turned out to be quite good. Usually I bear with the cgi cuz of a good story but this time I continued a CGI anime because of the animation even tho the story was underwhelming. Also the music was amazing, it made all the scenes more cool.

I'm kinda confused. I wanna give it a 7 but 7 seems too high and 6 seems a little low so in the end I decide to give it 6/10
Oct 6, 2021 10:00 PM
Apr 2020
For those who have doubts about parents, the answer is that Takuya's and Yuya's parents are not killed, and they were saved by Naoto and Naoya AFTER the connection severing. Naoto and Naoya could time travel to rescue their parents. Therefore, Takuya and Yuya had memories of Naoto and Naoya. However, due to SWE and The Prophet, both Takuya and Yuya had remembered Naoto in a bad way before realising the truth. For Takuya's and Yuya's identity, they were Naoto's and Naoya's split soul, that's why both brothers have same power.

I have watched all, and all I can say is... I LOVE THIS F*CKING MASTERPIECE!
Nov 1, 2021 9:25 PM

Nov 2019
Can't say much about how this compares to the first adaptation beyond that the brothers' personalities are basically the same and the pacing is much faster. I seem to recall that version being more episodic?

Anyway, the show's saving grace is its animation/art style. Neither the character behavior nor plot developments are interesting/entertaining enough on their own to make it worth watching, but when combined with some pretty cool visuals it manages to just squeak over the finish line.
Dec 22, 2021 10:56 PM

Jun 2019
My 169th completed series chronologically.

For the record, I extended it a 6/10 rating.
Feb 20, 2022 5:21 AM
Feb 2022
This show is not what ay expected ay love it cool superpowers mind control dimensions parallel universe it is just a good ass show predictions of the long forgotten world it is just a cool show
May 18, 2022 2:45 PM

Jan 2013
Actually a lot better than I had hoped for with it's 6.5 rating.

Yes the story was a bit on the nose most of the time, they didn't really try to keep things a mystery but I thought they did a pretty good job on making an interesting story either way.
The CGI was actually good too, it really worked in the action scenes with debris and cars just flying around everywhere.
Honestly I had a great time watching this.

Great little sci-fi story, 8/10.
Mar 22, 10:21 PM
Jan 2017
I mean, yeah, it was good, but the main thing holding the story back i guess is the psychic powers always kind of just resetting everything getting them out of tight spots, and just when you think all is lost, everything just goes back to normal.

Also it's pretty funny how the main antagonist was like, hah I'm psychic all along, and then just gets shot not even a minute later. But all in all I liked it, I thought it was good. I think if I try to rationalize the powers and techno babble throughout this anime I wouldn't enjoy it as much, but it's kind of hard to turn your brain off and just enjoy, when half the anime is just exposition.

I'd give it a 7.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Night Head 2041 Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2021

18 by RGreatDanton »»
May 9, 4:22 PM

Poll: » Night Head 2041 Episode 11 Discussion

KANLen09 - Sep 22, 2021

10 by littlefrank103 »»
Mar 22, 9:39 PM

Poll: » Night Head 2041 Episode 10 Discussion

KANLen09 - Sep 15, 2021

7 by littlefrank103 »»
Mar 22, 9:15 PM

Poll: » Night Head 2041 Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Sep 8, 2021

14 by littlefrank103 »»
Mar 22, 8:20 PM

Poll: » Night Head 2041 Episode 8 Discussion

KANLen09 - Sep 1, 2021

13 by littlefrank103 »»
Mar 16, 10:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.