Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Peach Boy Riverside
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 29, 2021 6:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh man, I just had a feeling that vampire guy was bad news.

This episode did show how tough some of the cast are including Frau, Carrot, etc. There's also a bit of morality issues at conflict. Humans and vampires co-existing in society can be complex and we even got to see that vampire's past a bit.

Jul 29, 2021 7:31 AM

Jan 2021
Hmmm, I give up, I'm going to wait until it finishes airing to watch it -.-

Nicee, they've shown us why she's so traumatized by octopuses 😂

And not gonna lie, Frau's reincarnation was wtf
Jul 29, 2021 7:50 AM

Jul 2017
This is a vampire demon case, but something that still falls within the demi-humans vs. demons feud.

The humans and demi-humans split their tracks, where the fierce discrimination continues, and Carrot, having been a demon once, exposed to the human malice, she feels compelled to fight back for Frau, who's used to it.

The history between Sally and the octopus sure brings lots of bad memories, and Carrot seek out the high Ogre vampire to do her bidding to wreck the humans that mocked her. But obviously, Sally being a Momotaro means that her head is much wanted by the demons more than any other human, and Frau's defense idn't enough to fend off the vampire, obliterating her in one shot. Carrot going against the vampire also asking for trouble at that.

Frau
in heaven and having died twice, reincarnates back with a vengeance, and this is the most devilish we've seen her yet to take out the vampire in the same one-shot affair. To think that he was the same demi-human and living amongst humans, only to reveal hs instincts that led him to this path. The only true time that he acknowledged Carrot has Carrot, not as Meki.

Another "future episode" in the making.
Jul 29, 2021 8:05 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Frau's half body got disintegrated and got revived thanks to an angel in angel and she got some OP powers to fight the vampire hmm, sad backstory for him because he killed his human wife but who cares about him, RIP though.
Jul 29, 2021 8:10 AM

Feb 2019
Lmao japan just had to sneak an octopus tentacle scene in there somewhere.

Some decent character development from Meki today. Even tho it felt kinda stupid how she went back and forth between wanting the townspeople killed and not wanting them killed in a matter of minutes lol. Sally’s power may be frightening, but Frau’s true power is scary as well.
Jul 29, 2021 8:19 AM
ranked 54 in FAL
Mar 2018
not gonna lie, i thought that after the flashback we would return to sally choosing between mikoto and that ogre dude, really starting to feel the jumbled-up sequence of events they chose to do with the adaptation here.

it's still watchable i guess, but this is definitely the weakest of the three anime productions based on manga by Cool-kyou Shinja that are airing this season.
Jul 29, 2021 8:23 AM
Jul 2021
how do people still like this shit order? are you only watching it for fan service? lol
Jul 29, 2021 8:24 AM
Mar 2021
Would I recommend this show, yes but would I recommend it in broadcast order, absolutely not.
Jul 29, 2021 8:25 AM
Mar 2021
fintob said:
how do people still like this shit order? are you only watching it for fan service? lol

What fanservice? Besides the weird tentacle scenes there isn't any.
Jul 29, 2021 8:32 AM

Oct 2020
Haha, now we know why Sally is so scared of octopuses. So, Frau gets half of her body blown off, but she gets revived and gets obscure powers. The vampire didn't seem like a terrible person. His backstory was pretty sad.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 29, 2021 8:43 AM

Dec 2020
So Frau is dead and she can live again and that with more power that is crazy. Carrot has a character development she cares for sally frau and hawthorn good to see.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Jul 29, 2021 8:43 AM
Feb 2021
This episode made me understand the definition of what
Jul 29, 2021 8:45 AM

Jun 2019
betaweeb said:
not gonna lie, i thought that after the flashback we would return to sally choosing between mikoto and that ogre dude, really starting to feel the jumbled-up sequence of events they chose to do with the adaptation here.

it's still watchable i guess, but this is definitely the weakest of the three anime productions based on manga by Cool-kyou Shinja that are airing this season.

Glad I'm not the only one, i even went back and checked out the end scenes again as i thought I'd missed something. We jumped from end of ep 3 'The Crossroads' where Sally was left making a decision, whether to choose Momatoro or the other guy.

Just seen on the mal page that the show is being intentionally shown out of order, now idea why, it really messes up the continuity from week to week. Will see how it plays out but so far a dumb idea.
Jul 29, 2021 8:56 AM
May 2021
Pretty interesting that Frau can revive herself or reincarnate herself if necessary which is pretty cool, a good episode to start with Frau killing the vampire in one punch
Jul 29, 2021 9:01 AM
ranked 54 in FAL
Mar 2018
23feanor said:
betaweeb said:

Glad I'm not the only one, i even went back and checked out the end scenes again as i thought I'd missed something. We jumped from end of ep 3 'The Crossroads' where Sally was left making a decision, whether to choose Momatoro or the other guy.

Just seen on the mal page that the show is being intentionally shown out of order, now idea why, it really messes up the continuity from week to week. Will see how it plays out but so far a dumb idea.

yeah i read about it and it seems the director thinks that this way, the ending point of the season would make more sense rather than how they would just leave in the middle of everything if it followed the manga 1 for 1.

though to me it feels like this was executed poorly and is almost always bad when anime folk mess with the source material like this.
Jul 29, 2021 9:33 AM
Jan 2021
betaweeb said:

yeah man the story telling is not good they jump from one event to another the next episode is also a different story there is no continuity in episodes:(
The story is good but if there was a continuity in the episodes then this anime would have been amazing..
Jul 29, 2021 9:35 AM
ranked 54 in FAL
Mar 2018
_A_S_R_ said:
betaweeb said:

yeah man the story telling is not good they jump from one event to another the next episode is also a different story there is no continuity in episodes:(
The story is good but if there was a continuity in the episodes then this anime would have been amazing..

yeah it's pretty jarring for sure, would definitely be better off not doing this.
Jul 29, 2021 9:50 AM

Jul 2012
I really like the manga so watching this just makes me sad ... The order is already a mess, but i feel like the anime just lacks something, it just feels hollow.

Also i hope they will stop adding the stupid tentacle scene ...
Jul 29, 2021 10:28 AM

Jul 2010
That feeling when Frau and Carrot have more screen time than MC.
Jul 29, 2021 11:10 AM

Jan 2013
man…i cant do this, gotta put this on hold until we get it in chronological order
Jul 29, 2021 11:29 AM
May 2015
Can someone explain to me 1 thing?

Why did Carrot get traumatized by some petty bullying towards Frau, meanwhile She's a genocide racist who's only goal in life was to eradicate humans as well as vaporising villages and cities full of innocent men, women and children? She's such a badly written character. Her logic is "humans use wood to build houses, they must die, oh poor nature, they dared to chop some wood or farm, much wow", If She saw modern world, she'd die of a heart attack.

Whole ogre race seems dumb. They are all psychopaths murderers who go from city to city and invade it, because they know humans literally can't defend themselves, except for MC's and Frau. Whenever one of ogre kin gets hurt by a human, they begin a monolog of how trash human race is for even thinking about attacking their kin, meanwhile somewhere entire city getting vaporised by a psychopath ogre.

Another thing that I hate about Carrot is how mad She is at Sally for killing her Big Seal friend, but she forgets that Her and her friend were about to commit genocide in the city and destroy it completely as well as seal was about to kill Frau. Where's the logic in that?

It just seems to like the ogre horn is just a curse, making normal humans or Elfs? Those pointy ears? into simply maniacal psychopaths.

I am not even mentioning the garbage time-line, because whoever thought it's a good idea at the anime studio and approved it is simply an idiot.
nefsinJul 29, 2021 11:32 AM
Jul 29, 2021 11:51 AM
Jun 2021
Can i ask a question what happen to the Episode 3 on which sally pick side?
Jul 29, 2021 12:20 PM

Jul 2014
Holy crap the episodes are more jumbled than I imagined. I seriously don't get it, this way it's hard to appreciate Carrot's character development when we go back and forth with her way of thinking or the emotional scenes like "Frau's death" when a couple of weeks ago we already saw a future episode in which she was fine.

Speaking of Frau... what the hell is she? She's friends with an angel who can revive her and her real self is that of a demon or something? Huh, interesting.

Hawthorn is retarded or something?

This is so hard to watch, not because it's bad but because I like so many things about this show and I enjoy it but at the same time the show itself makes it hard to enjoy :/
Jul 29, 2021 12:59 PM

Oct 2017
NGL, if Frau stayed dead i would've dropped this (and i don't normally).
That BGM during the flashback was pretty nice.

Looks like the airing order will stay jumbled until the very end...
Jul 29, 2021 1:06 PM

Feb 2013
Yep I'm just gonna wait until the end of the season to watch this. Hopefully there wont be any gaps in the story when all said and done.
Jul 29, 2021 1:07 PM

Apr 2012
FFS What's the deal with this scrambled episode order? I really thought I missed an episode or two when I saw the flow going in a different direction. I thought So I'm a Spider, so what? had a terrible track record in regards to sequencing but this anime is on another level.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Jul 29, 2021 1:18 PM

Jul 2011
Carrot society view feels kinda arbitrary, seeing that Ogre society doesn't look that good.

Frau have a deal with the Heaven but use more demon-like power,hmmmmm.

About Kyuketsuki means Vampire (remember kids, keikaku means plan) backstory is so dumbly tragic that, I laughed but with respect.
Jul 29, 2021 1:41 PM

Apr 2018
Vampire guy was nothing in front of Frau.
Kinda overpowered how she can just revive whenever she dies. Hopefully, there's a limit on it. She sure did look like a demon. Not just a demihuman.

Great episode.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 29, 2021 2:50 PM

Apr 2015
Yeah, honestly just going to read the manga while watching this on the sideline, cause this jumping back and forth is annoying the living hell out of me. It's such a shame, cause I really like the setting and the characters so far.

Like how the fuck is Meki now called Carrot? Like why Carrot out of all things.. (can clearly tell Frau gave her that name lol)

Frau getting her upper half blasted away was surprising, her reviving was also interesting, especially since this wasn't the first time. So many things to discover, the manga it is then....
Jul 29, 2021 2:55 PM

Oct 2020
the show is good , but the directing is some ass , the way the episodes are so jumbled just causes even more confusion for viewers

"Hard work is worthless for those that don’t believe in themselves" - Naruto Uzumaki
Jul 29, 2021 3:36 PM
Apr 2018
Did i miss smh? So sally didnt choose her friend or the high ranked ogre?
Jul 29, 2021 3:36 PM

Dec 2015
I didn't expect much from the story already....but what happened at the end of episode 3? Did the director forget the script itself? hahaha
Jul 29, 2021 4:39 PM

Nov 2012
23feanor said:
betaweeb said:

I checked as well. It's too back and forth for me. It's like a friend with a bad memory trying to tell a story.
Jul 29, 2021 4:39 PM

Jun 2017
So Frau is sort of immortal? What the heck. lol

I have no idea which episode this would be in the order but it was clearly just filler anyway.

Airing this out of order was such a dumb fucking idea....
Jul 29, 2021 5:30 PM
Jul 2018
a very different episode with Frau's transformation that I loved the events in general was really good. With the involvement with that vampire it became something interesting for the trauma of the episode.
Jul 29, 2021 6:25 PM

Nov 2011
The Rabbit is actually the fucking GOAT!!! Damn man my love for Frau continues to grow! There were a lot of great Frau moments in this episode and tremendous Art, animation AND MUSIC!!!

Jesus this episode was so good.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Fall 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jul 29, 2021 6:48 PM

Jun 2021
Why the order of episodes of this anime is horrible?
Jul 29, 2021 7:03 PM
Oct 2017
Left release order------------------------------------ straight chronological order
Esquerdo ordem de lançamento -----------------direto ordem cronológica
1==================================2
2================================3
3==============================9
4============================1
5==========================7
6========================8
7======================4
8====================5
9==================6
10==============10
11============11
12=========12
Jul 29, 2021 7:18 PM

Nov 2017
Uhhhh... this show should be 8/10..
But wtf with the chronological order?
Now Loading.....
Jul 29, 2021 8:14 PM
Jan 2016
I'm more confused than a homeless man under house arrest
I'd rather die a free man then live under the rules of idiots
Jul 29, 2021 9:16 PM

Oct 2018
MomoSinX said:
So Frau is sort of immortal? What the heck. lol

Her japanese high school student uniform had me thinking for a while, and now she's acquainted with a celestial entity and can receive reincarnation or resurrection for free anytime? Frau is probably an isekai character! And her not being the MC makes it very interesting IMO.

Arilson_87 said:
Left release order------------------------------------ straight chronological order
Esquerdo ordem de lançamento -----------------direto ordem cronológica
1==================================2
2================================3
3==============================9
4============================1
5==========================7
6========================8
7======================4
8====================5
9==================6
10==============10
11============11
12=========12

Thanks mano! I'll keep this in the folder of the show.
Frank_86Jul 29, 2021 9:20 PM
Jul 29, 2021 9:37 PM

Jan 2021
kdmrl said:
Can someone explain to me 1 thing?

Why did Carrot get traumatized by some petty bullying towards Frau, meanwhile She's a genocide racist who's only goal in life was to eradicate humans as well as vaporising villages and cities full of innocent men, women and children? She's such a badly written character. Her logic is "humans use wood to build houses, they must die, oh poor nature, they dared to chop some wood or farm, much wow", If She saw modern world, she'd die of a heart attack.

Whole ogre race seems dumb. They are all psychopaths murderers who go from city to city and invade it, because they know humans literally can't defend themselves, except for MC's and Frau. Whenever one of ogre kin gets hurt by a human, they begin a monolog of how trash human race is for even thinking about attacking their kin, meanwhile somewhere entire city getting vaporised by a psychopath ogre.

Another thing that I hate about Carrot is how mad She is at Sally for killing her Big Seal friend, but she forgets that Her and her friend were about to commit genocide in the city and destroy it completely as well as seal was about to kill Frau. Where's the logic in that?

It just seems to like the ogre horn is just a curse, making normal humans or Elfs? Those pointy ears? into simply maniacal psychopaths.

I am not even mentioning the garbage time-line, because whoever thought it's a good idea at the anime studio and approved it is simply an idiot.

I think she was affected by the bullying because both her and Frau are not human, so she was able to connect with her a little bit and she's not used to being powerless enough to recieve the same treatment. I don't know if that made sense.

Jul 29, 2021 10:53 PM

Oct 2016
Pretty good episode! This is probably set in between Hawthorn's kingdom getting destroyed and the tournament. They literally just jumbled the episodes lmao, but I personally don't mind. I at least find enjoyment in piecing all the information we get together.

Sally's got some op powers against ogres, but she still needs to be smart about it and gain more experience first. I am now wondering what kind of being Frau really is, but that post revival form looks cool as fuck. I guess this is the start of Carrot slowly warming up to humans. Sucks for Kyuuketsuki, not being able to control his ogre instincts, but either way he would have still outlived his wife since he's an ogre and all which is pretty sad. Looking forward to the next episode.
Jul 30, 2021 12:04 AM

Dec 2020
frau can come back to life, has angel friends in heaven, hella powerful, turns to a killer bunny with demon wings when she wants to, OPPPP

love how the vampire announced his death lol "im gonna die now" yeah no shit
Jul 30, 2021 1:28 AM

May 2021
this crap show is so stupid and enjoyable at the same time, this airing order could drown in trench

Jul 30, 2021 1:44 AM
Apr 2021
betaweeb said:
23feanor said:

yeah i read about it and it seems the director thinks that this way, the ending point of the season would make more sense rather than how they would just leave in the middle of everything if it followed the manga 1 for 1.

though to me it feels like this was executed poorly and is almost always bad when anime folk mess with the source material like this.
if you're going to mess with the order, go full nolan and completely restructure the plot. This feels like a last minute gut reaction. The director finished it and went "this ending is too abrupt" and then just shuffled around the order of the episodes.

Gonna be honest. I'd prefer an abrupt ending than having absolutely no idea where each episode lies in the timeline while watching. It's like this director has no idea how stories work.

(also apparently ep 3 was ep 9 in the original airdate, so we may not get an answer to that ending scene until much, much later)
Jul 30, 2021 1:54 AM
ranked 54 in FAL
Mar 2018
theGodde said:
betaweeb said:

if you're going to mess with the order, go full nolan and completely restructure the plot. This feels like a last minute gut reaction. The director finished it and went "this ending is too abrupt" and then just shuffled around the order of the episodes.

Gonna be honest. I'd prefer an abrupt ending than having absolutely no idea where each episode lies in the timeline while watching. It's like this director has no idea how stories work.

(also apparently ep 3 was ep 9 in the original airdate, so we may not get an answer to that ending scene until much, much later)

good to know i guess lol.

and i agree, this feels very amateurish.
Jul 30, 2021 2:13 AM
Apr 2021
betaweeb said:

honestly the entire situation is mind-bendingly bizarre. How could anyone in the animation industry make such a dumb decision?

It's these kind of issues that are the most fascinating IMO. It's such a pity that the anime industry is so opaque. I'd love to know what went on behind the scenes here
Jul 30, 2021 2:24 AM
ranked 54 in FAL
Mar 2018
theGodde said:
betaweeb said:

honestly the entire situation is mind-bendingly bizarre. How could anyone in the animation industry make such a dumb decision?

It's these kind of issues that are the most fascinating IMO. It's such a pity that the anime industry is so opaque. I'd love to know what went on behind the scenes here

i would guess it's the classic case of a creator getting too arrogant for their own good, he probably just thinks he knows better. that's how we also get all these terrible anime original endings and it's not like changing the structure is particularly new. personally, i just find it unfortunate that they fail to learn from past mistakes made by others every single time.
Jul 30, 2021 2:38 AM

Oct 2008
oh my! Frau sudden power-up was awesome! but it took a great toll on her body!
Carrot is torn between siding with Orges or Humans...
5/5.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» If you watch this anime in 5he chronological order its actually good!

Yassob - Sep 28, 2021

17 by chaosnetwork »»
Sep 5, 9:02 PM

Poll: » Peach Boy Riverside Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2021

51 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 16, 2023 7:04 PM

Poll: » Peach Boy Riverside Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2021

38 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 16, 2023 6:34 PM

Poll: » Peach Boy Riverside Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2021

38 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 16, 2023 6:03 PM

Poll: » Peach Boy Riverside Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

anime-prime - Jul 10, 2021

81 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 16, 2023 5:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.