Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 10, 2021 8:47 AM

Jul 2020
I'm just curious because I really find it weird to have a relationship with a girl same age with your younger sister and especially her bestfriend.

And seeing the younger sister is into in their relationship really made me dropped this anime.

Edit: Please don't tell me that If you don't like it just don't watch it. Watching the show and enjoying meaning you don't have any problem on how the character behaved in the show.
_TheodoreJun 10, 2021 8:53 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 10, 2021 8:59 AM
May 2020
If it was American I would have a problem with it. It’s a 10 year age gap and she’s literally graduating. In Japan it’s common for highschool girls
To date guys in their older 20s. Not only that her literal mum was fine with it. Plus she literally likes him.
Jun 10, 2021 9:05 AM
Jan 2021
Mingyun25 said:
If it was American I would have a problem with it. It’s a 10 year age gap and she’s literally graduating. In Japan it’s common for highschool girls
To date guys in their older 20s. Not only that her literal mum was fine with it. Plus she literally likes him.
you love to use the word "literally"
TATAKAE!! TATAKAE!!
Jun 10, 2021 9:08 AM
May 2020
Yassob said:
Mingyun25 said:

Look mate I know you have nothing better to do other than try to start arguments on MY ANIME LIST. But I actually need to go to work, so alas today you can’t satisfy your attention seeking behavior from me today.
Jun 10, 2021 9:09 AM

Jul 2020
Mingyun25 said:
It’s a 10 year age gap and she’s literally graduating. In Japan it’s common for highschool girls
To date guys in their older 20s.

Yeah I know that. I'm talking about knowing that it is your younger sister's best friend is it okay for you to date her?
Jun 10, 2021 9:09 AM
Jan 2021
Mingyun25 said:
Yassob said:

Look mate I know you have nothing better to do other than try to start arguments on MY ANIME LIST. But I actually need to go to work, so alas today you can’t satisfy your attention seeking behavior from me today.
I didn't mean no harm
TATAKAE!! TATAKAE!!
Jun 10, 2021 9:10 AM
May 2020
todorooo said:
Mingyun25 said:
It’s a 10 year age gap and she’s literally graduating. In Japan it’s common for highschool girls

Yeah I know that. I'm talking about knowing that it is your younger sister's best friend is it okay for you to date her?

Personally if the sister is okay with it I don’t see what’s wrong with it.
Jun 10, 2021 9:11 AM

Jul 2020
Mingyun25 said:
todorooo said:

Personally if the sister is okay with it I don’t see what’s wrong with it.

I see. Thank you for your time.
Jun 10, 2021 9:13 AM
Feb 2021
Yeah that made me kinda uncomfortable ngl that's why I haven't watched past ep 5 and I also ship her with the highschool guy but I am not sure about them either I just think she should date the sister. Jk but yeah I'm not sure to ship her with anyone
Jun 10, 2021 9:13 AM
Feb 2021
I don’t see any problem if it’s consensual. She is 17, not 13, at 17 you are supposed to choose your own profession, why can’t you decide who you want to date 🤷‍♀️
Jun 10, 2021 9:15 AM
May 2020
s_disaster said:
I don’t see any problem if it’s consensual. She is 17, not 13, at 17 you are supposed to choose your own profession, why can’t you decide who you want to date 🤷‍♀️

Exactly. People are acting like she’s 12. If the genders where reverse though it would be different. She’s literally graduating in like a couple of
Days
Jun 10, 2021 9:16 AM

Jul 2020
s_disaster said:

I mean I wouldn't made this thread if it was some random high school girl. But your sister's best friend? That's...
Jun 10, 2021 9:19 AM
Feb 2021
todorooo said:
s_disaster said:

I mean I wouldn't made this thread if it was some random high school girl. But your sister's best friend? That's...

Does she become a different person because of that? It is a prejudice.
Jun 10, 2021 9:19 AM

Jan 2021
I honestly have mixed feelings about it.
I just find itweird. It’s one of the reasons why I dropped this.
Jun 10, 2021 9:20 AM

Jul 2017
I mean, if they both do love each other then who really gives a shit

I can see it being awkward having it be a close friend of little sis, but if she's completely fine with it then all the more reason of who really gives a shit
Jun 10, 2021 9:22 AM
May 2020
I’m 20 and I don’t think anyone my age should be dating a 17 year old. So no, someone several years older than me shouldn’t be dating/pursuing someone that young.
Jun 10, 2021 9:23 AM
May 2021
I think the sister is happy about this relationship because her brother finally became someone who can love. She’s probably pushing it because is fun for to watch to.
Jun 10, 2021 9:24 AM

Jul 2020
Short_Circut said:

That doesn't applied in every single time lol. Example the Incest.
Jun 10, 2021 9:30 AM

Jul 2015
The controversial law allows people to consent at the age of 13 because declining birth rates or something.
In (the most) other countries it would be unacceptable.

Jun 10, 2021 9:37 AM

Feb 2020
I don't see a problem, but I don't know how I would feel about it if I had a sister.
Jun 10, 2021 10:38 AM

Feb 2021
todorooo said:
I'm just curious because I really find it weird to have a relationship with a girl same age with your younger sister and especially her bestfriend.

And seeing the younger sister is into in their relationship really made me dropped this anime.

Edit: Please don't tell me that If you don't like it just don't watch it. Watching the show and enjoying meaning you don't have any problem on how the character behaved in the show.

Your post has the cringy aura of "I want to express my opposition to this show, but I don't want to look hostile." Pick your side of the fence FFS. If you already dropped this anime, then being told to just not watch it if you don't like it is a given.

I'm just gonna go with the subject of your post (Is it okay for you to date your younger sister's best friend) as if you hadn't said any of the other bullshit.

Yes, it's okay.
Jun 10, 2021 11:01 AM
Apr 2021
At first I found this relationship very strange... But seeing that that unrequited love became reciprocated, I didn't see the bad. I mean, I'm not 17, but I'm 16, personally at this age I wouldn't have a relationship, but it's up to everyone. And that she is the best friend of the sister, I do not see it bad, since even she herself supports it. Anyway, if someone stopped watching this anime because it made them uncomfortable, I understand it and I don't judge it.
Jun 10, 2021 11:40 AM

Jul 2020
HatTrickPatrick said:
todorooo said:

Your post has the cringy aura of "I want to express my opposition to this show, but I don't want to look hostile." Pick your side of the fence FFS. If you already dropped this anime, then being told to just not watch it if you don't like it is a given.

I'm just gonna go with the subject of your post (Is it okay for you to date your younger sister's best friend) as if you hadn't said any of the other bullshit.

Yes, it's okay.

"Pick your side of the fence" LOL I already dropped the anime so that's mean I'm in another fence.

That's why I said that so you guys had to save some time to not waste your time using "If you don't like it just dont watch the fcking show bla bla bla" arguments.

I made this thread to know if someone is willing to date your sister's best friend lmao. I'm fine with the age gap (I know it's legal on Japan to date a highschool student) i dont fucking care about that.
Jun 10, 2021 1:44 PM
May 2021
This definitely walks the line of grooming for me but its done in other shows reversed buts its not the whole show. Reversed examples include Boa Hancock, Esdeath, and I know there are some more. Now its not to this guys level but they do shower their love alot and we play it off as humor because the show isnt focused on it.

Now to what you said I guess it depends on if its legal? Check! Is everyone ok with it that matters to have an opinion? So far check! Is it a healthy relationship? Who are we to judge yet!

TLDR: I can see it being fine since it was written decent enough. Walked a fine line tho between weird and ok.
Jun 10, 2021 2:03 PM
Jul 2020
I would,
I am 34 year old an I would be more than willing to date a 18 year old girl.
I mean who cares.
Even celebrities do that
Jun 10, 2021 2:28 PM

Oct 2015
SirTristam said:
I would,
I mean who cares.
Even celebrities do that

This explains so much about your comments on the Higehiro forums.
Jun 10, 2021 3:11 PM
Apr 2018
todorooo said:

him liking her bestfriend made them closer and a better person more thoughfull. The age gap is a problem for alot of people but he hasnt made any weird moves on her.
Jun 10, 2021 4:41 PM
Mar 2021
HatTrickPatrick said:
todorooo said:

Yes, it's okay.
why are you so hostile? It's not like the person said anything wrong
Jun 10, 2021 5:25 PM
Nov 2015
todorooo said:
Short_Circut said:

Trying to rationalize your argument by bringing in a extremity that has nothing to do with this situation oof
Jun 10, 2021 7:20 PM
Feb 2021
Yeah if decisions from both the parties are mutual and they are in love
Then why not they can be in a relationship
But 9years age gap is definitely a problem as one would be in its 30's once the girl is able to reach its suitable marrying agr
But if I would have benn there in place of ryo I would have accepted the relationship ignoring the age gap
Jun 10, 2021 7:30 PM

Jul 2020
Highonthighs said:
todorooo said:

Trying to rationalize your argument by bringing in a extremity that has nothing to do with this situation oof

It is not 'rationalize'. I just said it doesn't apply in every relationship. So if you hate that I'd give the example of Incest then ok? I don't really mind. This situation is knowing the girl you love and want to be relationship with is your 17 years old younger sister's bestfriend and you are a 27 years old business man.

I don't really mind the 10 year gap. I just genuinely question that if you guys is willing to have a relationship with a girl knowing it's your 10 years younger sister's bestfriend. It's like a personal preference, I just want to know the opinion of the other person regarding to this situation lmao
Jun 10, 2021 7:56 PM
Nov 2015
todorooo said:
Highonthighs said:

It is not 'rationalize'. I just said it doesn't apply in every relationship. So if you hate that I'd give the example of Incest then ok? I don't really mind. This situation is knowing the girl you love and want to be relationship with is your 17 years old younger sister's bestfriend and you are a 27 years old business man.

I don't really mind the 10 year gap. I just genuinely question that if you guys is willing to have a relationship with a girl knowing it's your 10 years younger sister's bestfriend. It's like a personal preference, I just want to know the opinion of the other person regarding to this situation lmao

Well,i don't really mind the best friend of my sister that much except for the part were it would be really awkward at times. But the age gap along with that part would be a bit yikes for me, I mean come on she's my baby sister's best friend.
Jun 10, 2021 7:58 PM
Jun 2021
Since ichka likes ryo back than I’d say it’s okay since it is more common in Japan for a big age gap
Jun 10, 2021 8:53 PM

Jul 2020
Highonthighs said:
todorooo said:

Well,i don't really mind the best friend of my sister that much except for the part were it would be really awkward at times. But the age gap along with that part would be a bit yikes for me, I mean come on she's my baby sister's best friend.

Ikr. It will be so weird. Okay I think I'm enough with this thread haha
Jun 10, 2021 10:13 PM

Aug 2019
nope. it's weird. they had to do that AND pedophilia? damn pick a struggle
Jun 10, 2021 10:14 PM
Jul 2020
MoonStar9 said:
SirTristam said:
I would,
I mean who cares.
Even celebrities do that

This explains so much about your comments on the Higehiro forums.

What does it explain?
Jun 10, 2021 10:18 PM

Feb 2020
I don't have anime problem with case u mentioned. But have not seen the anime yet, so it depends
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Jun 11, 2021 2:10 AM
Apr 2021
If you think about it in this way, the younger sister is fine with it, in fact she’s encouraging it, and the fact that Ryo has become a better person from it, I don’t see why it would be a problem.

I have a younger brother myself, and but I personally wouldn’t date his friends just because i’m a female and i feel like older female and younger guy relationships aren’t nearly as common as the reverse. Also i have no interest in anyone younger than me lol. It’s definitely different in reverse though, I’m more interested in someone my age or older.

But back to the point, as long as the younger sister is fine with it, nothing wrong with it. Also, it’s her best friend. If she can trust that her best friend is with someone who she knows well and vice versa, the only reasons why i would see her not being okay with it is if she didn’t think they were serious about each other, they were bad people, the age gap is even worse than 10, etc etc. The younger sister and the best friend are 17, they’re going to turn 18 soon. And then magically it’s okay? Doesn’t make sense but sure. She’s clearly old enough to make her own decisions, with the respect of her friend to date her older brother.
Jun 11, 2021 2:27 AM

Jan 2021
No problem because "Love doesn't matter"

That line is something I will never come up to

“The first requirement of being a hero isn’t being right. It’s being strong. That’s why the hero always wins.” – Koyomi Araragi

Jun 12, 2021 8:46 AM
Dec 2020
Yes as my sister and I are two year apart her friend is practically the same age.👍🏻
Read my name and think I care.
Jun 12, 2021 6:10 PM
Sep 2017
why do you even bother talking about this its a fucking anime
Jun 13, 2021 4:22 PM

Dec 2015
Date your younger sister's best friend? Sure, why not, I don't see anything wrong with it.

Tho of course in this case it's more like stalk, harass and groom your younger sister's best friend into submitting to your unwanted advances, which is just absolutely disgusting.
Jun 13, 2021 9:27 PM
Jul 2018
Mingyun25 said:
In Japan it’s common for highschool girls
idk where u got that information because that's not common at all or even illegal in some prefectures
Jun 14, 2021 2:20 AM

Feb 2020
“Is it okay for you to date your younger sister's best frieind?“ that question is completely irrelevant ESPECIALLY in the context of the show; if Rio (the sister) is fine with Ryo (older brother) to make advances on Ichika then I don’t see a problem. When in all actuality it only comes down to Ichikas consent (half of the issue). The Main issue lies with her age and not being 18 BUT being in a wholesome manner I also think this isn’t an issue... considering I’m sure a lot of people here watch A LOT raunchier stuff with underage characters (myself not included) with no second thought about it
All is fair in love and war right
OneofEvilJun 14, 2021 2:24 AM

Jun 14, 2021 9:11 AM
May 2020
spaesu said:
Mingyun25 said:
In Japan it’s common for highschool girls
idk where u got that information because that's not common at all or even illegal in some prefectures

From Japanese people
Jun 14, 2021 10:01 AM
Jul 2018
Mingyun25 said:
spaesu said:

From Japanese people
well idk what to tell you, those people are spreading bs
Jun 14, 2021 2:17 PM

Jul 2014
Weird it is. Is it okay? If she accepts it, yes. But don't start like Ryo.

todorooo said:
Example the Incest.

Incest is socially rejected and even illegal in a lo of countries, but I still think that should be the choice of the ones involved, under the condition of they both being adults responsible of their choices, and given that they know the risks of inbreeding. And that too, should be their choice in the end, given that there are no legal issues in someone with a genetic disorder to procreate.
LeviathanTheEspJun 14, 2021 2:31 PM
Jun 19, 2021 11:20 PM

Oct 2012
I'm afraid i just can't forget the social akwardness in this anime.

He is way too pushy for my taste as well(comically, i guess), even if he is pictured as a "nice guy". She's only 16 going on 17.....a kid. He's what? 26/7.

It would be different if she was older, with some experience of her own, cause sure looks like he does have experience.

Anyway, this kind of romance doesn't make me dream.

So is it alright for him to date his younger sister's best friend.....? In another context I might say yes, but a definite NO in this one.
chiakimagotoJun 20, 2021 3:11 AM
Jun 20, 2021 12:02 AM
Jul 2018
even if it's real love and shit it still weird tho
Jun 20, 2021 3:00 AM

Oct 2012
My problem maybe doesn't even lie in the "age gap" but more in the emotional maturity. She's so obviously still that sweet innocent school girl, and he already has more than experience with women.

Or is he emotionally immature and never had a highschool crush?

I do understand they aren't trying to picture this in a bad way. Still, I feel uneasy about it, something keeps me from heartfeltly supporting the ML. I have the same feelings about Shishio in Daytime shooting star.....

I guess if you push away the bits of akward stuff, you can enjoy this anime and get pulled in by all the romantic sweet stuff Ryo does. He's character design is very handsome and that definitely is a plus! He doesn't seem to be a pervert or a bad guy so those who enjoy, should just exactly do that!!!! It's far from being a cringy story, contrary, it's happy and sweet, just not my cup of tea!

Love has strange ways, so....
chiakimagotoJun 20, 2021 3:18 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koi to Yobu ni wa Kimochi Warui Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2021

149 by Tsukasa_Rio »»
Sep 15, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Koi to Yobu ni wa Kimochi Warui Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 31, 2021

60 by Tsukasa_Rio »»
Sep 15, 8:42 AM

Poll: » Koi to Yobu ni wa Kimochi Warui Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 17, 2021

70 by TsutanaiFuun »»
May 25, 2:35 AM

Poll: » Koi to Yobu ni wa Kimochi Warui Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 3, 2021

72 by TsutanaiFuun »»
May 25, 1:41 AM

Poll: » Koi to Yobu ni wa Kimochi Warui Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Clas1ck - Mar 29, 2021

275 by TsutanaiFuun »»
May 24, 10:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.