Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Cells at Work!
Available on Manga Store
New
Feb 27, 2021 1:00 PM
Feb 2021
Just watched ep8 of the second season.Is the season only 8 episodes, because I was expecting it to have 13 like the previous season.What can I watch after season 2?
Feb 27, 2021 1:30 PM
Dec 2020
I started watching Cells at Work Code black to fill the void ❤🖤
Feb 27, 2021 5:03 PM
Feb 2021
This second season was only scheduled to have 8 episodes
Feb 28, 2021 5:51 AM
Jul 2020
but the manga is still not finished, but I don't know
Feb 28, 2021 8:18 AM

Feb 2009
Gozacok_09 said:

Actually the manga is finished. The final chapter was launched in January 26th and it was about the new coronavirus. Volume 6, the final volume, came earlier this month with the story about the coronavirus and a couple one that weren't adapted to anime yet. So yeah there's not much to go on right now. There's not enough content left for a season 3 but maybe an OVA in the future.
Friend Code 3DS: 4914-3165-5517
Feb 28, 2021 5:35 PM

Mar 2018
I would love a final OVA about the coronavirus arc
Mar 1, 2021 2:00 AM

Mar 2009
Why was it only 8 episodes?
Apr 6, 2021 6:12 PM
Mar 2021
Mormegil said:
Why was it only 8 episodes?

This is one of those animes that were suppose to released in 2020 but got halted due to the pandemic and around that time Volume 6 is not even finished yet.
Apr 10, 2021 6:45 PM

Aug 2018
probably this was something that would've aired last year, full cour and black aswell. now, we only get 8 episodes so we might aswell expect a 3rd and last season next.

i couldn't help but notice the lack of dinamic and ''effort'' into the animation. not that it was bad... how can i explain this. a lot of time, in the beggining of the episodes was to recap the previous one, using old footage; there were 15-30 seconds images that would sit while some cientific fact was being told, and a lot of panels that had little to no movement (episode 7 shows it all). 8 episodes, and it really was'nt THAT great
Apr 18, 2021 4:24 PM

Jun 2015
so the person gets covid and dies?

so technically the main series ends?

that escalated quicly.
Apr 18, 2021 8:23 PM

Jan 2011
KuroudoAkabane said:

that escalated quicly.
Is that how the covid arc plays out? Kind of comes off propaganda if you do that. I'm not saying Covid is a little bit of the flu but yikes.
MasterHavikApr 30, 2021 8:48 AM
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Apr 29, 2021 2:44 PM

Jun 2015
MasterHavik said:
KuroudoAkabane said:

that escalated quicly.
Is that how the covid arc plays out? Kind of coems off propaganda if you do that. I'm not saying Covid is a little bit of he flu but yikes.
did you not see the ? marks?

I didnt say that is what happens. I was asking that.
Apr 30, 2021 8:48 AM

Jan 2011
KuroudoAkabane said:
MasterHavik said:
Is that how the covid arc plays out? Kind of coems off propaganda if you do that. I'm not saying Covid is a little bit of he flu but yikes.
did you not see the ? marks?

I didnt say that is what happens. I was asking that.
Oh my bad dude. I misread what you said.

KaiserHamuel said:
The whole season was pretty disappointing to be honest
It's an education show dude. I think some people into this don't realize what it is.
May 1, 2021 1:33 AM

Jan 2011
KaiserHamuel said:
MasterHavik said:
Oh my bad dude. I misread what you said.

It's an education show dude. I think some people into this don't realize what it is.

I get that, the reason why I enjoyed the first season more was it could be funny while educational. Part of making an educational show such as this is doing it in an interesting way. Also if it was supposed to be do educational why did they repeat so much stuff. Just because it's educational doesn't mean it has to be boring. Take Code black which had a decent balance imp. Cells living in cities and having emotions and personalities is already pushing the bounds of credibility lol.
What's funny is when this show was hot people gave me shit for how much the show repeats itself in season 1. They dial that back in season thankfully until the end where they thought you needed to know shit again. I think the main reason they do this because it's aimed at kids and in a lot of children educational shows they do a lot of repeating. There is reason one of my followers on anilsit compared it to Sesame Street. I personally don't think you need to do it as kids are not stupid but Cells at work is doing stuff that made Sesame Street and Blue's Clues mega popular with kids in the 80s and 90s.

If I could add as I am training to become a teacher, I do think a lot of thinking with a kid comes from not wanting to listen. Being entraining is cool for an educational show but you can't get too far off that path. That is why I always argued Cells at Work's goal, even with Code black, is to inform you more than entrain you. I feel so many people got caught up in the hype, memes, and how the show looks that if you asked them to ask you something they learned from the show they won't be able to tell you.

I'm not a science nerd, but a lot of the information of season 1 of Cells at Work was," Yeah I knew this already." Outside of the Cancer episode. That was really cool and very interesting. Season 2 has some episodes like that with my favorite being the vaccine episode and one episode about acne.
MasterHavikMay 1, 2021 1:53 AM
May 1, 2021 1:52 AM

Jan 2011
KaiserHamuel said:
MasterHavik said:
What's funny is when this show was hot peopel gave me shit for how much the show repeats itself in season 1. They dial that back in season thankfully until the end where they thought you needed to know shit again. I think the main reason they do this because it's aimed at kids and in a lot of children educational shows they do a lot of repeating. There is reason one of my followers on anilsit compared it to Sesame Street. I personally don't think you need to do it as kids are not stupid but Cells at work is doing stuff that made Sesame Street and Blue's Clues mega popular with kids in the 80s and 90s.

If I could add as I am training to become a teacher, I do think a lot of thinking with a kid comes from not wanting to listen. Being entraining is cool for an educational show but you can't get too far off that path. That is why I always argued Cells at Work's goal, even with Code black, is to inform you more than entrain you. I feel so many people got caught up in the hype, memes, and ow the show looks that if you asked them to ask you something they learned from the show they won't be able to tell you.

I'm not a science nerd, but a lot of the information of season 1 of Cells at Work was," Yeah I knew this already." Outside of the Cancer episode. That was really cool and very interesting. Season 2 has some episodes like that with my favorite being the vaccine episode and one episode about acne.

I liked the Code Black ejaculation episode. Made me feel bad for the sperm lol.
I have not yet watched Black. I know what happens but it is good to know there is more after. I like the vaccine episode because it is basically taking a shit all over anti-vaxxers.
May 1, 2021 2:01 AM

Jan 2011
KaiserHamuel said:
MasterHavik said:
I have not yet watched Black. I know what happens but it is good to know there is more after. I like the vaccine episode because it is basically taking a shit all over anti-vaxxers.

Yeah lol. Nothing better than people taking the piss out of those loons.
If he is a real asshole, he would let them an anime only OVA of Black of what happens when you don't get vaccinated.
May 1, 2021 7:52 AM

Jan 2011
KaiserHamuel said:
MasterHavik said:
If he is a real asshole, he would let them an anime only OVA of Black of what happens when you don't get vaccinated.

That would be great. Though their heads might explode on that revelation.
That will be propaganda in their eyes. LOL!
Oct 1, 2021 5:00 AM
Aug 2021
Danniel said:
Gozacok_09 said:

Actually the manga is finished. The final chapter was launched in January 26th and it was about the new coronavirus. Volume 6, the final volume, came earlier this month with the story about the coronavirus and a couple one that weren't adapted to anime yet. So yeah there's not much to go on right now. There's not enough content left for a season 3 but maybe an OVA in the future.
has there been any news on this topic yet? will we really just get one ova? has it been confirmed?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou!! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Feb 4, 2021

58 by mo_lave »»
Oct 13, 3:06 PM

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou!! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

yvsei - Jan 28, 2021

69 by mo_lave »»
Oct 12, 4:11 PM

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou!! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

yvsei - Feb 25, 2021

109 by hanakocheeks »»
Sep 20, 2:47 AM

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou!! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Jan 7, 2021

103 by hanakocheeks »»
Sep 18, 7:39 AM

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou!! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2021

60 by PokefanPT »»
Jul 3, 6:29 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.