Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 22, 2021 9:29 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The Shonan trip continues with Masaki, Yuta and Kousuke, though circumstances have been getting worse for Yuta to keep pace with his surfer skills, aside from being the data analyst he is at best.

I'm not sure if Masaki is trying to be a joker, but trying to converse with Yuta seems half-assed (aside from surfing). It's clear that Yuta is experiencing a slump from expectations, yet Masaki just force wedges his happy go-lucky personality onto him, which it doesn't work at all, even if it was shown to be empathetic.

For Sho's presence to also afflict the surfers with keeping mum about their secrets...forget about asking him to come back from the dead, it's best to learn from that tragedy and produce results from his own surfing experience. Might as well just make him stay alive and be the face of this series. One for all, all for one.

Another tournament...and the big players gonna show up for some "entertainment".

This episode bored me to bits...there was some potential for character development, but it really missed the mark (not like it was suprising to begin with).
KANLen09Feb 23, 2021 3:44 AM
Feb 22, 2021 1:28 PM
Jul 2018
interesting development for that other guy i guess and also nice message in this episode, having fun is the most important part of a hobby.
Feb 22, 2021 4:48 PM
Feb 2021
It was another nice slice of life episode
Feb 22, 2021 5:50 PM

Oct 2009
When fun turns into competition and you get lost in data because all you focus on anymore is how to improve yourself... We see this lesson all too often in anime. I think it lost a bit of impact here, both because how they wanted Masaki to be right there to get Yuuta out of it, and because of the pace in general with so many things being rushed.
Feb 22, 2021 7:24 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Almost fell in sleep when this episode only supposed to let that data nerd surfer for having the damn fun, instead of flaming the other people effort for your own mistake, sighing, surrender, and then running away like a fuckin dipshit. Smh. Ofc Masake came to save his ass out of those shit and told him the truth. But this yappe guy lack some good shit too like slapping those eyeglasses guy to awaken him from those miserable slump. The pace was also so dang slow, and finally its reach a good catch by those end about some another competition. Phew! Okay, then, lets see it next!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Feb 23, 2021 5:46 AM
Aug 2020
Boring ep 3/5 Yuta resolve is weak comparing himself to others using data and where my sho even Tanaka don't have enough screentime these two are my favorite characters.
Feb 23, 2021 10:56 AM

Jun 2014
Yuta forgot about fun, as he only cared about data and technology. He's still a technogeek, but his joy of surfing has returned, thanks to Masaki.

Feb 27, 2021 9:36 AM

Dec 2016
This anime is truly boring me to tears, Masaki is so annoying as an MC lol
Mar 12, 2021 11:19 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Some drama with Yuta being demotivated... but seems like looking at Sho surfing motivated him again, why not xD
May 2, 2021 4:54 PM

Mar 2016
7 episodes in and the opening still slaps like crazy holy hell

Glad the app is back online and everyone can move on happy :3

May 6, 2021 2:24 AM

Jul 2015
Good to see Corgi trying to help Yuta out of his slump. Still confused what direction this series is heading to as no effort was taken by Corgi in finding out why Sho was gone without telling his friends

More topics from this board

Poll: » Wave!!: Surfing Yappe!! (TV) Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Mar 29, 2021

32 by Craneface »»
Jul 8, 12:23 PM

Poll: » Wave!!: Surfing Yappe!! (TV) Episode 10 Discussion

KANLen09 - Mar 15, 2021

18 by Craneface »»
Jul 8, 10:20 AM

Poll: » Wave!!: Surfing Yappe!! (TV) Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Mar 8, 2021

14 by Craneface »»
Jul 8, 9:54 AM

Poll: » Wave!!: Surfing Yappe!! (TV) Episode 5 Discussion

KANLen09 - Feb 8, 2021

45 by Craneface »»
Jul 6, 7:47 AM

Poll: » Wave!!: Surfing Yappe!! (TV) Episode 1 Discussion

zaverix - Jan 11, 2021

25 by removed-user »»
Jun 6, 2023 11:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.