Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 1, 2021 9:29 AM

Feb 2021
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
omg shou is so cool i love smurfing i wnana be like him someday in my contry we always sufring
stark700's kawaii imouto
"if ur a men of be the cultures u will or course love anime girls becuase then u aer beacome genieus"
Feb 1, 2021 9:30 AM

Jul 2017
The finals with Sho vs. Tanaka, as thrilling as it is, I've begun to notice more of the jagged 3DCG animation. It's not bad, but it looks distorted...as much as they ere trying to go for the "realism" appeal.

Waiting for the right moment for the big wave to come will benefit the one that notices first, and Tanaka seizes the opportunity to strike first, but it's Sho who came out on top. And building friendships-cum-rivalries from Masaki's POV, OK...felt like a complete ending then and there.

By "improving better", did Masaki just NOT learn his lesson the previous episode? With falling Winter snow and incoming heavy storms, the trio of Tanaka, Sho and Masaki are just about surfing at the best time of their lives, and moving onto different schools, but their souls connected to the ocean...all with heavy hearts (especially Sho).

Masaki trying to ride the waves in a terrifying storm with heavy snow, is he asking of death? The symbolism of the crashing surfboard...that was an eerie feeling altogether.

Honestly thinking about it, this show SHOULD remain as the 3-parter trilogy film it once was birthed out from, because it's getting more boring and stale. This episode alone (at least the 1st half) would've been more than enough to cover a film's length-worth of content with the build-ups of the 3 previous episodes.
KANLen09Feb 2, 2021 2:11 AM
Feb 1, 2021 11:58 AM
Jul 2018
wonder what's going on with shou, like what was he was trying to imply in the bath scene and stuff... hope its not something bad. although, looking at that ending scene kinda gives me a bad feeling, looks like he tried to kill himself by drowning. also, these guys have got to be insane to be going surfing when its literally snowing outside, thats one easy way to get some hypothermia.
KANLen09 said:
Honestly thinking about it, this show SHOULD remain as the 3-parter trilogy film it once was birthed out from, because it's getting more boring and stale.

tbh i like it this way, has a more chill and laid-back vibe to the series, although i do understand why you would feel that.
Feb 1, 2021 12:02 PM

Jul 2017
2077 said:
KANLen09 said:
Honestly thinking about it, this show SHOULD remain as the 3-parter trilogy film it once was birthed out from, because it's getting more boring and stale.

tbh i like it this way, has a more chill and laid-back vibe to the series, although i do understand why you would feel that.
I'd think is the variable of how we choose to digest information with the content given to us, there's no right or wrong answer to that if they wanna make an alternate version (like this show).
Feb 1, 2021 12:36 PM
May 2015
If someone has watched the movie and could spoil me on what Sho did, that'd be appreciated, because I agree with 2077 that he may have been attempting suicide. Sho did mention how nice it is to have a "normal" family like Corgi's. I also noticed that he went to corgi's house for HIS own birthday, instead of inviting Corgi and Nalu over. So his home situation clearly isn't good. Plus, he was the same one who reprimanded Corgi for trying to surf during a typhoon! Why would he go out in a blizzard to surf? Something is up
Feb 1, 2021 5:47 PM

Oct 2009
This whole "hey it's snowing, let's go surf!" thinking is just so surreal, particularly when it's an actual storm, too. Who in their right mind?? Ah well.

I honestly don't get the complaints though, here or in the reviews. There have been so many others just like this, or even worse, and nobody ever bats an eyelid, in fact many of them are praised to high heavens. The only thing that doesn't sit right with me is how it's summer in one scene and then winter in the next, without any transition - I do hate that sort of timeskips elsewhere too. Loved the new ED track though.

I'll be in trouble if this really does get turned into a game too, because I will have to get into it, and it sure as hell won't have an English version.....
Feb 1, 2021 5:52 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ah, that rivalry match between those two. Its actually already the climax of these show. The peak of their stories. The feels of the waves, united into everyone feeling. Thats feels so good. Even though ofc only one person to be the winner, in the end, its just a good surf. Well played, you both.

However, when they thought its just so easily to attend the world stage, especially to Masaki. They were just wrong. The life is like chosing the right waves. Shou seems to caught on the trouble. Because he couldn't get the right waves of life. But, he forgot the true terms of friendship. So, thats why, its time for Masaki to paid off all of the previous saving debt!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Feb 2, 2021 10:03 AM
Sep 2015
It's like they're lovers, in a 3 way relationship. Can't wait for the next episode!
Feb 3, 2021 2:30 AM

Oct 2008
looks like something ominous is about to happen!
4/5.

Feb 3, 2021 5:59 AM

Oct 2017
Sho won as expected, I was hoping Nalu to win thou.
Feb 5, 2021 2:42 AM

Jun 2020
Tanaka is so free-spirited & chill, friends like him are the best! He was so cute when he broke out into his Aloha~~~ dance

Oh no I wonder what happened to Sho :(
Things are definitely picking up, I liked this episode as compared to the rest

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Feb 9, 2021 12:08 PM

Jun 2014
Shou ended up winning, but damn, Nalu was close. They all want to aim for the big time, now.

But, what was in that text that made Shou so sad? Something about his "not normal" family that we still don't know much about?

Also, Sho's board is in the ocean, but Shou's nowhere to be found! Will Masaki save him?

Feb 10, 2021 7:08 AM

May 2015
WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WHAT HAPPENED
No matter who much you regret or wish,
if you couldn't do something in life,
you can't do it after death, either.
- Hanako
Mar 10, 2021 11:53 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I'm not surprised that Sho won the competition, but that 2nd half was pretty sad, they're definitely determined to keep surfing even when it's snowing, but the most interesting part was that end... I really wonder what really happened now
May 2, 2021 10:31 AM

Mar 2016
The opening of this anime is sooooo good, damn.

Good job sho and tanaka! And woah, world championship? Aiming high I see.

ALSO WHAT!?

May 5, 2021 4:28 AM

Jul 2015
You would think after what happened in episode 2 Corgi would've learned his lesson not to go surf during a storm... Curious to see what is happening in Sho's private life as he really seemed down after getting a message.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Wave!!: Surfing Yappe!! (TV) Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Mar 29, 2021

32 by Craneface »»
Jul 8, 12:23 PM

Poll: » Wave!!: Surfing Yappe!! (TV) Episode 10 Discussion

KANLen09 - Mar 15, 2021

18 by Craneface »»
Jul 8, 10:20 AM

Poll: » Wave!!: Surfing Yappe!! (TV) Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Mar 8, 2021

14 by Craneface »»
Jul 8, 9:54 AM

Poll: » Wave!!: Surfing Yappe!! (TV) Episode 5 Discussion

KANLen09 - Feb 8, 2021

45 by Craneface »»
Jul 6, 7:47 AM

Poll: » Wave!!: Surfing Yappe!! (TV) Episode 1 Discussion

zaverix - Jan 11, 2021

25 by removed-user »»
Jun 6, 2023 11:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.