Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 9, 2020 8:29 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It's a trio of brothers lol

Compared to the first episode, this one had more energy and familial value considering their sibling relationship.
Oct 9, 2020 8:33 AM

Aug 2015
A buster bros centered episode, as expected from the preview the official twitter account tweeted!
I really liked it even if it was kinda like, again not original content? It seems like so far this anime focuses on the main plot however it doesn't necessarily include anything that has happened in the manga series or the drama tracks so far. Maybe they need to progress a little bit and then when things get more heated they will pop off with the actual source material!

Also Jiro and Saburo were so cute when they were arguing, I have to laugh at Saburo's airpods.

My favorite part of this episode was that they let Ichiro rap Ore ga Ichiro, I love that song and I didnt expect them to use songs that already are out! I am happy they did tho..

Wonder what the next episode will bring ๐Ÿ‘
Oct 9, 2020 9:35 AM
Jul 2018
Really good episode again. I'm very glad they used "Ore ga Ichiro". This is the first song in their single. His voice actor is very talented.
I reconfirmed Buster Bros bonds. Seems they're typical brothers but actually different. Uniqueness. Animation is better than previous episode, too. I'm looking forward to Mad Trigger Crew (my favorite division) developments so much.
Oct 9, 2020 10:04 AM
Oct 2020
This episode was better than the first one. They only showed us more about their relationship. It was entertaining and less cringy than the first episode. I liked how they included the song "Ore ga Ichiro",it was a good character introduction. I surely will keep watching this.
Oct 9, 2020 10:06 AM

May 2019
This is so bad it's good.

Laughed hard at dude having a shit-ton of microphones instead of bombs. Laughed at Saburo going full CSI and making a 3D map of the café. Laughed at dude exploding after rap battle (actually, I love how everyone explodes after a rap battle lmao).
Also, how did Ichiro appear on the TV at the beginning? And why did he go rapping all the way to the battlefield? And why did bad guys waited for him to finish his rap instead of just attacking his brothers? Lmao
Btw, Doc is an awful person. Instead of helping his friend he's all like "nah, he will be fine". He can get hurt you know.
And what with "mic are not for hurting people"? That's pretty much their function for what I've seen so far lmao. They can literally brainwash people with mics like pls.

Ironic 10/10. So bad it's good. Visuals and music are actually good tho. I loved to see Ore Ga Ichiro animated. Although I'm kinda disappointed because this seems to be episodic. I wanted a dumb rap battle tourney.

Oct 9, 2020 10:23 AM

Mar 2018
Buster Bros episode!

This episode ended up being unintentionally funny for me just seeing the guy threatening people with a microphone lmao. I busted my ass laughing when I witnessed that. It got even funnier seeing Saburo going all hacker and seeing the 3D map like we're in a police drama. Aside from that, it's a nice episode with the brothers and we get to see a bit more of their character. The episode included 'Ore ga Ichiro' as the intro! So that was good. We get to see the cute family relationship between the brothers too. I wonder who those 3 new guys are and if they'll end up being important later? I don't think I've seen them before.

Also, RIP the desserts. Never got to see them eaten :(
cakefluffOct 9, 2020 10:29 AM
Oct 9, 2020 10:41 AM

Aug 2019
I really liked this episode, mainly because it has less CGI than the firts episode, also the songs of this episodes where great and they played Ore ga Ichiro and that song SLAPS. It has some weird things if you don't know much about the franchise tho, like Saburo hacking everything at light's speed and all living being of Ikebukuro knowing Ichiro, so we can assume this anime will not be newcomer frendly.
Oct 9, 2020 10:42 AM

Sep 2017
Hate that this show has such a low rating, really doesn't deserve it. But there's people who'll drop and score it a 1 just for being a male "idol" show so fuck em
Oct 9, 2020 11:06 AM

Jun 2019
The Buster Bros are fire and this show is something else. LOL
Oct 9, 2020 11:18 AM
Sep 2015
Is microphone symbolically reprensent penis? (Yes, this is a serious question)

Buster Bros are sworn brothers or biological brothers?

Anyway, it's good to see low-level villain rap.
Oct 9, 2020 11:32 AM

Sep 2019
phantomfandom said:

They look really similar so probably biological.
Oct 9, 2020 11:36 AM

Sep 2019
Older brother destroyed him. I don’t know what I’m watching but I’m enjoying it.
Oct 9, 2020 11:42 AM

Apr 2011
So the anime won't follow any of the mangas or Drama CDs, huh? Unless they show some battles before the battles between the main teams... Oh well, I'm cool with whatever they do as long as it's fun to watch and so far I'm having a lot of fun! It's ridiculous? Yes. And I love it!

phantomfandom said:

lmao no I don't think so, other characters have different mics with different forms, like Doppo's, which is a flip phone.

And Buster Bros!!! are biological brothers!
Oct 9, 2020 11:59 AM
Sep 2015
raifuresu said:

phantomfandom said:

lmao no I don't think so, other characters have different mics with different forms, like Doppo's, which is a flip phone.

I mean that's the reason why I think it's symbolically represent that, since each person has different penis profile.
Oct 9, 2020 12:24 PM

Mar 2020
i liked this episode a lot better than the first one, and i think the buster bro's might be my favorite group as of right now :p

โโ˜† ๐—ง๐—ต๐—ฎ๐˜ ๐˜€๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ, ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฎ๐˜ ๐˜€๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ, ๐—บ๐˜† ๐˜ƒ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฒ โ˜†

๐˜ ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ด๐˜ฉ ๐˜ ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ญ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฉ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ...โž

Oct 9, 2020 1:39 PM
(๏ฟฃyโ–ฝ๏ฟฃ)โ•ญ Ohohoho.

Jul 2013
The Buster Bros are my least favorite division, but I enjoyed this ep nonetheless. I was pretty hyped when Ichiro started singing Ore Ga Ichiro, so I'm looking forward to all the other songs I love. <3

I will show no mercy for you
You had no mercy for me
The only thing that I ask
Love me mercilessly
Oct 9, 2020 3:07 PM

Nov 2013
again, i rarely watch any male only anime, but this one is really funny so far, this episode was crazy :D let's hope it doesn't get boring when they are just playing in a tournament, cause i feel like, the street fights are the best part of it
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Oct 9, 2020 4:10 PM
๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ

Jan 2020
"How d'ya like dem apples, you fuckin' wack bastard?" LOL.

Sorry, I hate to be negative but this is just awful. I'll admit it was marginally better than the first episode and I did laugh at it several times, especially when that guy tried to hold up a cafe with bunch of microphones strapped to himself - it's just SO stupid! I need to get to the point where it's so bad that it's good but damn, some of those lines induced full body cringe.

I mean, I'll say this though - at least it's trying something a bit different. I'm just not sure it's for me...

๐Ÿ”ฅ ๐Ÿ”ฅ ๐Ÿ”ฅ . ้˜ฟ่‰ฏใ€…ๆœจ ๆšฆ, ๅ‚ท ็‰ฉ ่ชž . ๐Ÿ”ฅ ๐Ÿ”ฅ ๐Ÿ”ฅ
Build a man a fire and you'll warm him for a night
but set a man on fire and you'll warm him
for the rest of his life...
- H E N D Y -
Oct 9, 2020 4:38 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
This is the most fun I had watching an anime in a while and I like the Buster Bros. Ichiro Yamada is a top tier emcee and that song he used to introduce himself in the beginning of the episode was fire.
Oct 9, 2020 5:59 PM
Dec 2015
z00nex said:
phantomfandom said:

They look really similar so probably biological.

they're biological brothers
Oct 9, 2020 7:14 PM

Mar 2010
This was a cute episode.
Oct 9, 2020 9:21 PM
Jul 2017
Ichiro just kills it with his theme "Ore ga Ichiro".
Oct 9, 2020 11:00 PM

Oct 2019
The OP and Ed are both good. I’ve been listening to both on a repeat for a while now. The OP is one of the most unique I’ve heard because it blends different musical styles in just 90 seconds. It’s insanely good. The Ed is so mellow and has a great flow.
Anyways this episode mainly centered around Buster Bros, especially Tendo Sat- sorry Ichiro Yamada who is the MC. There was another group that made an appearance in beginning and end and I’m assuming they’re another rap group. Overall this ep was good. I’m really loving the colors and animation, which add a cool dynamic to the rapping.
Oct 10, 2020 1:09 AM
Apr 2020
An episode centered to Ichiro and his sporty brother and brainy brother, both with brother complex. lol

Oct 10, 2020 2:19 AM
Jan 2018
This episode was so fun! I love it. Buster Bros are so cute.

I personally like the brother relationship that they have, and I'm very happy to listen to ore ga ichiro in the episode.
Oct 10, 2020 4:40 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Oh, nice. Buster Bros got the first chance to introduced their daily activity first. So far they were quite cool with, and their rap was so, hype. As a typical street fighters troupe, their daily activity was not so special. Its even noticed to be quite generic. At least they had the time to showed off their ability, and teamworks to resolved the trouble surrounding their way. Its nice and cool to see their strong 'chemistry'. Ah, that soccer part too, they were so talented with another field, i see ... Am i liking their rap music? So far its fine, and quite catchy in my ears. Overall it did not bothering me much.

Also, that photographer guard was way too rude with their surrounding. I found it kinda funny. Lol
Thats it for me.
badabassOct 10, 2020 4:47 AM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 10, 2020 6:51 AM
Nov 2016
Oh boy! Hypnosis Mic time once again, where the rap battles make jojo stands look like child's play. This episode to me is a lot more interesting than the first, since we get to focus on the relationship between the Buster Bros! Although they aren't my favorite characters, I really enjoyed their interactions and you can tell they're all really tight-knit, something that I couldn't understand as much in episode one. Now I actually care more about them, which is a good thing considering I didn't have the best impression of the Bros. The raps this time around were definitely much more controlled this time around, and while definitely not as wacky as the first episode, it's still such a bizarre concept that you can't really look away or take it as seriously as the show wants you to. However, this issue was somewhat fixed during the hostage situation? Even though it was still over the top there was still some gravity due to the fact that Ichiro..GASP! Didn't have his mic on his? BLASPHEMY! So that gives him a huge disadvantage with this robber guy who used like, nearly a dozen illegal mics and somehow did not die. The raps were still pretty nice too, Ichiro's rap in the beginning was definitely the highlight for me, as for the robber guy...not so much.

Neat episode, looking forward to next episode where we'll hopefully get more characterization on other groups, my prediction for next episode being Mad Trigger Crew.

4/5
Oct 10, 2020 7:12 AM
Apr 2019
Compared to the CGI when they're rapping on the 1st episode, their rap and animation (not to mention, they really animated it and did not use CGI) on the 2nd episode is reallyy good. I think they received our feedback to the first episode. The story of the brothers was also nice. Looking forward to the next episode :))
Itachi221194Oct 10, 2020 7:16 AM
Oct 10, 2020 7:27 AM

Aug 2018
everyone's saying the same things but I'll say it again anyway.

a man threatening people with a mic and having mics strapped around him has got to be the stupidest thing I've ever seen, but I love it. and as usual, the original anime raps did not disappoint.

also we had Eguchi Takuya cameo as the bank robber!! :')
Oct 10, 2020 8:45 AM

Oct 2020
5/5 love it because of the lolz XD

I CAN'T not laughing the entire episode.. XD
Anyway.. i love how they put Ore ga Ichiro here. Does that means there's a high chance of seeing Drop! Animated •w•??
A certain person lurking here
Oct 10, 2020 9:43 AM

Apr 2016
I didn't think that the 2nd episode could be better than the 1st one, but here we are.

This week the episode was centered around Buster Bros, which was a smart move, since the 1st episode, although really good, was a bit too chaotic for anyone not knowledgable about Hypnosis Mic.
It not only re-introduced all 3 members of Buster Bros, but also elaborated on their characters, their quirks and their relationship.
The animation was even better than in the 1st episode, and although it lacked CGI, the animation during the raps and rap battles was clever and really nice to watch. Honestly, I couldn't find any faults in the animation, even if I tried.
I have to once again compliment the soundtrack, which fits the anime really well and was enjoyable to listen to. Besides an already known song, Ore ga Ichiro, which was nicely fitted into the plot, there were, again, new raps, which did not disappoint when compared to all the already released tracks.
The plot, although fairly simple, was extremely enjoyable to watch, and the comedy was just perfect. The creators seem to know how ridiculous the concept of Hypnosis Mic can sometimes be, and utilise it to its full extent, not taking everything too seriously, but also not treating everything as a cheap joke.

Overall, the episode was great, and it only makes me more excited for what's coming next, especially the Fling Posse episode, since they're my favourite division. I'm impatiently looking forward to it.

As a side note, looking at the anime purely as a fan of the series, I have to say that I'm completely satisfied with it. The creators definitely could've made something completely effortless and rather bad, since it would still sell well, looking at how popular HypMic is in Japan. But this anime is clearly something that has a lot of effort, planning and passion put into it, which I'm utterly grateful for. The anime does not only make me fall in love with the series again, it also makes me like the charcters even more. It really is a great adaptation.

Also, Ichiro was super hot in this episode
ChroNoiR Episode.0 is the best anime to ever exist

Kanae forever in my heart

Oct 10, 2020 1:38 PM

Sep 2019
This show so dope bruh. Liked this ep a lot, visuals were better with no cgi. First episode wasn’t bad but this was definitely a step up. Buster bro’s are coolass especially main bull. They actually spittin which I was not expecting going into this show.
Oct 10, 2020 1:57 PM
Feb 2017
phantomfandom said:

100%, they are fighting for the right to shine his piece. it's a PP joke played with a straight face.

This show is so stupid and i love it.
Oct 10, 2020 6:37 PM

Oct 2016
This was a really good episode, with the focus on Buster Bros. It was hard to keep up with all the shit happening last episode because they showcased every teams so, it's nice there are episodes where the focus is only one.

We got robbed of a Tsuda Kenjiro rap though gaddamnit I thought we were gonna hear one lmao. Overall this was a pretty solid episode.
Oct 10, 2020 8:57 PM

Apr 2020
This one is better than the last. The Buster Bros is the best group out of all in this story.
They have good chemistry as siblings/trio. And they rhyme so well, I take them as a bet for the division battles. Hoping that the tournament arc start though.
Oct 10, 2020 9:36 PM

Oct 2019
buster bros so far are my least favourite division (i love mad trigger crew!!! doubt they'll win tho) but i loved the songs in this episode
Oct 10, 2020 10:23 PM

Jul 2016
Ichirou's first rap was pure fire (I actually looked for it on YT) but my god, the rest of the episode was so ridiculous. That thief revealing he had multiple mics as if he was carrying bombs ala true terrorist fucking killed me xD

sKyBlazer08 said:
We got robbed of a Tsuda Kenjiro rap though gaddamnit I thought we were gonna hear one lmao.

So the dude's VA was Tsuda Kenjiro after all, uh? Man, we got robbed indeed. I was so looking forward to his rap once I heard his voice lol
Oct 10, 2020 10:57 PM
Dec 2019
It was hard to get into Hypmic with only the CDs so I am glad the anime is finally airing. This episode had a lot of unintentionally funny parts, especially considering the sub I watched included "how d'ya like dem apples" as a translation at one of the most 'tense' moments. The fact that they made that poor guy experience so much pain just to better develop the Bro's relationship... But oh well, I'm not complaining. Will be watching more.
Oct 10, 2020 11:08 PM

Mar 2008
This is so awful and I love it so much. I got soooo hype after Ore ga Ichiro. Love love love the relationship between the brothers.
Oct 10, 2020 11:52 PM

Oct 2008
Buster Bros!! with unusual pupils shine this episode!
5/5.
yeah such a shame! i really thought Tsuda Kenjiro would rap!

Oct 11, 2020 6:29 AM

Feb 2020
This story is whatever. But I admit that Ichiro guy’s song wasn’t thaaat bad I guess.
Oct 11, 2020 7:13 AM

Dec 2017
The single good thing about this are the delicious cute boys ( อ โ›โ€ฏแด— อกโ›)

"๐‘ฐ ๐’‰๐’‚๐’•๐’† ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’˜๐’๐’“๐’… ๐’‰๐’๐’Ž๐’๐’‘๐’‰๐’๐’ƒ๐’Š๐’‚.
๐‘ฐ๐’•'๐’” ๐’๐’๐’• ๐’‚ ๐’‘๐’‰๐’๐’ƒ๐’Š๐’‚. ๐’€๐’๐’–'๐’“๐’† ๐’๐’๐’• ๐’”๐’„๐’‚๐’“๐’†๐’….
๐’€๐’๐’–'๐’“๐’† ๐’‚๐’ ๐’‚๐’”๐’”๐’‰๐’๐’๐’†" — ๐‘ด๐’๐’“๐’ˆ๐’‚๐’ ๐‘ญ๐’“๐’†๐’†๐’Ž๐’‚๐’

Oct 11, 2020 12:27 PM

Mar 2017
This anime is making me realize I had the entire story wrong this whole time; I thought there was only ONE hypnosis mic and it was an illegal item that the gangs in each district were fighting for in the division battles because it was the only way to gain control cause of the whole 'no weapons' thing.

Anyway, loved seeing more Buster Bros who are one of my favorite trio! The art is so gorgeous, it's almost mesmerising and I'm just so happy to be hearing more of the songs! The dude wearing the mics like some kinda bomb was just cringe though...
Oct 11, 2020 12:52 PM
May 2020
This was a Buster Bros centered episode and I really enjoyed that. I think this series is a case of, "It's so stupid that it's good."
Oct 11, 2020 1:57 PM

Jul 2017
like someone said, this show is so bad it's so good lmao. It's soo weird but I can't help but smile throughout the whole time :P Almost reminds me of Conception in that sense

but seems like these rapper crews, or at least Ichiro himself seem to be quite popular in society
Oct 12, 2020 1:59 PM

Mar 2019
I'll be posting one of those watching commenting logs I've seen other people do because I lack friends who want to hear me ramble about Hypmic for hours on end! That and I lack the brain power today to write something meaningful!

Thank you for coming to my TedTalk

Oct 12, 2020 4:48 PM

Dec 2016
sKyBlazer08 said:
We got robbed of a Tsuda Kenjiro rap though gaddamnit I thought we were gonna hear one lmao. Overall this was a pretty solid episode.

I'm glad i'm not the only one who was hoping for that. :D
Unfortunately by looking at Kenjiro Tsuda mal page he have a few song performances so most likely he will not sing or don't like it.

But still, hope dies last. Maybe they will tease as from time to time and he will get song in last episode?
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.106/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.186/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.104/? - weekly) | Machi and Oboro (Ch.13/? - biweekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.76/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Oct 12, 2020 11:25 PM

Dec 2016
It's funny how they're scared of a microphone XD

Even the minor characters are voiced by notable seiyuus, Tsuda Kenjirou's character just ran away without rapping XD and Eguchi's character that robber just rapped a little and obviously got defeated...

I guess next episode will probably be MTC centered.

Anyway, I can't wait to listen to the full version of the songs...
Rickydory123Oct 12, 2020 11:28 PM
Oct 15, 2020 11:01 AM

Jul 2017
A Buster Bros!!! focused episode, and I'm not complaining that the rap I'm starting to get used to, and who cares about Japan having such "it's stupid it's insanely good" niche stuff, if it appeals, it will rock.

The trio of brothers with Ichiro Yamada at the helm, what camaraderie of working together with rap songs at the ready with ridiculous levels of insanity.

Oct 15, 2020 3:47 PM

Apr 2015
omg, what a good surprise hahaha. When I read the synopsis I thought this was going to be so cringe but it turned out to be the opposite. Using the mic as a weapon is hilarious. The guy threatened the customers with a mic hahahaha

And buster bros are amazing. I love their synergy and their raps. I don't even like rap that much but their songs are so catchy... I can't wait to see the other groups. I think I'll stan them xD
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hypnosis Mic: Division Rap Battle - Rhyme Anima Episode 11 Discussion

KANLen09 - Dec 11, 2020

28 by 0arche »»
Jan 9, 1:49 PM

Poll: » Hypnosis Mic: Division Rap Battle - Rhyme Anima Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Nov 27, 2020

31 by 0arche »»
Jan 9, 11:29 AM

Poll: » Hypnosis Mic: Division Rap Battle - Rhyme Anima Episode 13 Discussion

KANLen09 - Dec 25, 2020

42 by waldy713 »»
Nov 20, 2023 1:00 AM

Poll: » Hypnosis Mic: Division Rap Battle - Rhyme Anima Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Dec 18, 2020

20 by waldy713 »»
Nov 20, 2023 12:27 AM

Poll: » Hypnosis Mic: Division Rap Battle - Rhyme Anima Episode 10 Discussion

KANLen09 - Dec 4, 2020

29 by waldy713 »»
Nov 19, 2023 11:04 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.