Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 8, 2020 9:57 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, the yuri vibes this episode.

Looks like we got to learn more about the academy they're in and the systems. Tbh, it feels like the show is still warming itself up with the cast. At least Riri is making friends there but she needs to prove herself more.

Not much action so I do expect pacing to pick up more soon.
Oct 8, 2020 10:56 AM

Apr 2010
Looks like this might be a hard cooperation.
Guess the duo will have a lot to work out seeing Yuyu's personality.

Anyway it was a informative episode but it was also funny Kaeda provides good comedy.
The girl with the long name also seems like a nice person and she knows a lot.
Oct 8, 2020 11:26 AM
Dec 2017
Hope they won't just go with "girl who has misterious past but overcomes everything" trope, and this sweet period will be over soon.
Oct 8, 2020 12:21 PM

Apr 2019
Lily-sama ga Miteru x Miru Thighs

Oct 8, 2020 3:36 PM

Apr 2019
inim said:
the thighs.. too much power!

Oct 8, 2020 6:25 PM
Jan 2016
Where did you watched episode 2?? i can't find it :C
Oct 8, 2020 7:41 PM
Sep 2018
Fegno said:
according to the funimation twitter https://twitter.com/FUNimation/status/1314258021254660096 it was delayed to to late receipt of the material it will be avalible friday at 8am central
however some regions such as japan and Europe have subbed content already
Oct 8, 2020 9:38 PM
Jan 2016
Bobis32 said:
Fegno said:
according to the funimation twitter https://twitter.com/FUNimation/status/1314258021254660096 it was delayed to to late receipt of the material it will be avalible friday at 8am central
however some regions such as japan and Europe have subbed content already
oooh i understand, thx
Oct 9, 2020 1:37 AM
Oct 9, 2020 5:19 AM

Jan 2019
I believe that Yuyu's friend is dead and that she talks to herself in her room. The loss of her mate must be what made her personality change since when Riri first met her, that seems obvious.

This was a good episode. Quite expository, but at least such expositivity made sense in all contexts. Anyway, I hope that soon the anime will leave behind this large amount of text and focus on the action.

The characters are cool and I like the interactions between them. Even with so much text, this episode managed to be fun thanks to the girls. It will be great if the anime continues to focus on a small core like this, with only occasional participation from the others.
"If someone says it's wrong to hope, I'll tell them they're wrong every single time."
Oct 9, 2020 5:37 AM

Mar 2020
Seems like more characters have been introduced in this episode with the fact that Keade is clinging onto Riri almost all the time. This episode is definitely a rising action episode now with the story in motion aka Riri and Yuyu partnering up.

Good episode :)
Oct 9, 2020 5:49 AM
Jul 2018
We got more character interactions between some of the girls introduced in the first episode and I love the chemistry. Also, even more yuri this time. Miriam may turn out to be my favorite, but there much more candidates waiting for their turn. Araya's theme is brilliant, it fits her so perfectly lol. So Yuyu-sama's character just got more complicated, she obviously still has that kindness in her, but also guilt and self-loathing I guess. Did she sacrifice that white-haired girl or something ? She definitely screwed something up in the past. Anyway, the episode is a much needed lighthearted and funny introduction to the academy and the magic system, there's a twist hiding in there with that Magie thing and Huge having some level of intelligence. The plot moves forward, but not too much. Great ep overall and I have high hopes for the future.
Oct 9, 2020 6:10 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Looks like this anime is full of so-called shoujo-ai drama elements xD well why not
Oct 9, 2020 6:13 AM
Jul 2020
Yes YURI YES YURI. Riri too pure. Kaede was going to go for the tits. She wasn’t even worried or anything.

Riri will probably be on my protect list.
Oct 9, 2020 6:18 AM

Sep 2019
Visuals were great. Riri's sticking her nose in Yuyu's matters, people like that really irritate me. Guess I'm the only who doesn''t like her. Girls were cute as always but I think grey haired girl is the best one so far.
Oct 9, 2020 6:51 AM

Apr 2015
Honestly, if one girl almost assaults you in the bathroom and another (Kaede) walks in and start arguing about you, best course of action is to run.

No shortage of thigh shots again.

Damn the first moment Riri went up to Yuzu, that was visually really pleasing to watch. Incredible stuff!!

The Yuri vibes are real and I love it!

A proper slap fest between Kaede and Yuzu but Riri still managed to get into the Schutzengel pledge with Yuzu. Bit surprising but I can see this causing a lot of drama later on.

For a show that loves to show off the girl's curves, the bath scene was really tame XD

The eyecatches and end card are really nice!
CeddyyBearrOct 9, 2020 7:10 AM
Oct 9, 2020 7:07 AM

Feb 2019
Can’t believe Mfs tried to say Haikyuu carrying the season when Assault Lilly right there, man.

Look, if the point of this series is to get me to buy action figures/toys, they’re doing a damn good job because the amount of thighs and Yuri here got my wallet itching.

Great second episode, loved the interactions between Riri and the other girls. We’re starting to see her settle in more at the academy, and learn more about CHARMS/Magic, but Yuyu’s still not being straight up with her. She’s clearly going to be difficult to work with. Can’t wait for next week.
Oct 9, 2020 7:07 AM

Aug 2013
The yuri vibe in this...

At least Riri was able to get into a pledge with Yuyu. The question is, is Yuyu serious about this.

Oct 9, 2020 8:03 AM

Apr 2014
yes yuri yes, this season have a lot of yuri anime

I believe that the Yuyu's friend is dead while ago and she don't want anyone to die more especially the one she care, so that why she will not accept anymore sisterhood. And, I think that Riri will be the one who can change Yuyu.
何それ?意味分かんない
Oct 9, 2020 8:10 AM

Jun 2019
YURI is the way, Bois. Cute girls all over the place.
Also, Shaft is focusing a lot on thighs, not that I'm complaining.
Oct 9, 2020 8:14 AM
Apr 2020
Yeah it was an awesome episode. That's it from me.
Oct 9, 2020 8:20 AM

May 2018
The Yuri is strong. I like.

Yuyu has a dark past perhaps, probably someone died on her or something
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Oct 9, 2020 8:21 AM

Jul 2017
Definitely a better episode than last time in developing characters and chemistry, but still nowhere enough for me to actually care or enjoy them and the writing still feels meh to me for the start. Production had a couple of good SHAFT like moments here and there but again felt pretty standard.
Oct 9, 2020 8:26 AM

Feb 2019
I liked the gentle jab at this genre with "the adults are atoning for relying on little girls like us"

This seems like a kinder-gentler Freezing, with added Yuri.
The whole older girl mentoring a younger girl is kind of like the limiter thing in Freezing.
Oct 9, 2020 8:46 AM
Jul 2018
This is directed very similarly to an old mecha show because the director has mostly worked for sunrise, the shots have a very bright character design and the background is very dark shaded, There is High color-variation in the view which makes this show stand out for me.

The yuri vibes are NOICE.

They are going for a kuudere - deredere ship, I will take, no offense.

There are parts of the show that makes me feel the SHAFT direction, but here they are far less than there other shows and the Shaft-ness sometimes pulls me out of the show, which is a bit concerning.

But, Yuri with blades, I will take it.
(May the GOD, Save my BLOOD for further episodes.)
Oct 9, 2020 8:47 AM

Nov 2016
A bit rapey, but in a cute way :P

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 9, 2020 9:16 AM

Oct 2017
Strong Yuri bait? XD or perhaps we might get it.
Oct 9, 2020 9:41 AM

Jul 2020
Was a bit boring still nonetheless excited to see how this unfolds

Oct 9, 2020 9:50 AM

Jan 2014
What a lovely episode. It let us get more used to the characters, and gave us more info on their weapons. I loved it.
Oct 9, 2020 9:54 AM

Jan 2009
kinda boring enjoy it fellas
Oct 9, 2020 10:45 AM

Feb 2020
While still not being anything amazing, this episode was much better than the previous one. We got to know more about the weapons, and more importantly, we got to spend more times with our heroines and got to know them better.
For now my favorite is Kaede, she seems to be the most interesting one. I also still really like Moyu, though her so strong resemblance with Hibike Euphonium's Asuka is starting to bother me a little bit.
I didn't like Fumi last ep but she was quite fun in this one, I just hope they'll let her be more than just a comic relief.
Miriam... Isn't a character I'm really liking for now. There's something in her voice and her attitude I have a hard time with.
Now for Riri and Yuyu, well I'm still not fond of them. They feel way too much like Madoka and Homura copies, while completely lacking what makes the latters so charming. It's an issue found in a lot of shows actually.
I also hope they'll do something good with Yuyu, because if they just keep making her such a walking cliche I'll never manage to feel invested in her story. However, her bebaviour in the last scene makes me intrigued. If it turns out she's just been a tsundere then I'll totally give up on her, however if it turns out she wasn't sincere when she smiled at Riri, then I'll give her a chance ! I don't have much hopes though.
Aside from the characters, the animation was stunning in that Riri/Yuyu scene atthe beginning ! Too bad the whole show isn't like that but I understand why it isn't, it must be a movie-level kind of budget.
Also, the fanservice is bothering me a bit... It's not unbearable but I hope they won't go any further.
Oct 9, 2020 12:17 PM

Feb 2014
This episode was more relaxed and informative, but it still kept the good amount of yuri moments and thigh-shots that us fans already like. XD

Although, the bath scene was a bit more tame than I thought it would be. Ah well, you can't have it all, can't you?

Either way, Riri never gave up on wanting to make a pledge with Yuzu. The first scene where she asked Yuzu that question was animated rather beautifully, making the scene feel very alive, which was rather pleasing.

Riri's second attempt did lead to Yuzu and Kaede trading slaps between each other, but after Kaede's critical words, Yuzu had a change of heart and accepted Riri's request.

The last scene with Yuzu gives me the feeling that her friend with her might actually be no longer alive. It might go to explain why Yuzu acts all emotionless and cold, since she says that Riri will regret making her request in the first place. Brace yourself, Riri...
Oct 9, 2020 12:31 PM

Jun 2013
slower than the first episode, also what's up with all those Yuri baits
Oct 9, 2020 2:13 PM

Oct 2018
A)Why are y'all MFs rating the show already by ep 2? (and so low!)
B) I bet Yuyu's friend is dead. We've only seen her in the room, and only during night which, as we all know, is the time when all the shit from our past comes back to torment us...
Oct 9, 2020 2:28 PM

May 2020
The few action scenes we had so far are looking clean. And the yuri is something i like a lot.

I can't quite both op and ed from my head, they're so good.

I really hope this goes "dark" in the next episodes.
Oct 9, 2020 2:45 PM

Mar 2016
Seemed like nothing happened, but actually a lot did. I enjoyed it. Riri's sleepy roommate is pretty cute.
Oct 9, 2020 2:48 PM
Nov 2019
Ahhhh it's so hard to follow the story with those distracting bodies. How is that hip to waist ratio supposed to be working? Did they have one person drawing the bottom half and another person the top half of the bodies?
Oct 9, 2020 3:24 PM
Dec 2009
Well, it should have been prepared for yuri once we known the main heroines names: YUyi and RIri => YURI XD
But looking the implementation, this series is masterpiece. Music, OP/ED, graphics, chara develop could be expecting to be done very well.
Oct 9, 2020 5:16 PM
🔥🔥🔥

Jan 2020
I'm not sure what I think of this anime so far. I'm finding it a bit hard to see past the clear reference to Madoka at the moment. As others have said, there's a lot of yuri-bait going on. I don't really mind it that much but it's certainly a lot. I will say that the way the animated the weapons looked great. I have a feeling the actual action animation will be worth sticking around for. This is certainly not the worst I've seen so far this season.

🔥 🔥 🔥 . 阿良々木 暦, 傷 物 語 . 🔥 🔥 🔥
Build a man a fire and you'll warm him for a night
but set a man on fire and you'll warm him
for the rest of his life...
- H E N D Y -
Oct 9, 2020 5:34 PM
Jul 2018
I don't expect anything from it and meeh... there are too many characters and too much cheap yuri baiting with characters I don't care so far, because I met some of them literally two seconds ago. Drop. Feels cheap.
removed-userOct 13, 2020 5:28 PM
Oct 9, 2020 6:32 PM

Nov 2012
inim said:
I'd take a Marimite S5 over this any day of the week.

Already losing interest in this (not that I had much to begin with). So far the best part of each ep has been the beautiful eyecatchers in the middle of each episode.
YorusighOct 9, 2020 6:35 PM
Oct 9, 2020 7:26 PM

Jun 2017
Riri should drop the whole Yuyu thing and just pair up with Kaede but nooo, drama incoming with tragic past traumas. I hope they keep the yuri high still.
Oct 9, 2020 7:42 PM

Jan 2011
wait a gosh darn second this feels more like valkyrie drive or freezing with this yuri baiting paring system ,better episode than the first since more stuff got explained and learnt more about the characters.

i can't help how nice this show looks whyy also the hip to thigh ratio is too distracting lol it's hard not to look.

still i figured from last week Yuyu was talking to a her old sister that died hence the cold personality she has now, show still has a heavy feeling of dread in the background so who knows if it will go down that path of despair
Oct 9, 2020 7:45 PM

Apr 2020
Milliam is really cute, with her twintails she looks even more beautiful, I think Riri should be closer to her roommate.
Oct 9, 2020 7:54 PM
Sep 2016
MariMite with actions..... and Strawberry Panic level of Yuri lusts.... Literally.
IT WAS TOO TAME FOR A SHAFT SHOW! I demand more head tilts, more Gekidan Inu-Curry, more weird angle shots!
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Oct 9, 2020 10:18 PM
Jul 2019
Pretty boring but that windy scene was crisp like a potato chip.
Oct 9, 2020 10:48 PM

Sep 2014
Sondfer said:
Hope they won't just go with "girl who has misterious past but overcomes everything" trope, and this sweet period will be over soon.

Pretty sure it's going to be that type of anime, plus the good ol' "because you told me to change I will magically change, because who cares if I had reasons to be like that". Or maybe it doesn't go that rout, who knows, but right know it really looks like it.
Nothing important. Keep scrolling.
Oct 9, 2020 11:02 PM

Mar 2015
I have a feeling the girl we see with Yuyu is dead, that's why she talks like that to Yuyu.
Oct 9, 2020 11:47 PM

Apr 2020
the show continues to be alright but thankfully my biggest problem with episode 1m which was the audio mixing, looks like is resolved!
Oct 10, 2020 12:16 AM

Oct 2007
could be imagining things, but Itou looks like a younger Yuyu-sama.

Riri could have chosen the easy way... go with rich girl Kaede who likes her. But instead, Riri choose to follow moody girl Yuyu... maybe because Yuyu saved her years ago?

looking forward to next week! :)
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Assault Lily: Bouquet Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2020

73 by Nanashi »»
Feb 5, 10:56 AM

Poll: » Assault Lily: Bouquet Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2020

46 by damoInstinct »»
Oct 9, 2023 10:39 PM

Poll: » Assault Lily: Bouquet Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2020

53 by damoInstinct »»
Oct 2, 2023 8:51 AM

Poll: » Assault Lily: Bouquet Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2020

53 by Foreall908 »»
Sep 9, 2023 1:56 AM

Poll: » Assault Lily: Bouquet Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Oct 1, 2020

166 by Foreall908 »»
Sep 8, 2023 10:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.