Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 28, 2020 9:54 AM
Jun 2019
First off, where is the anime meds nurse?
I mean, this entire thing has left me with whiplash and the over"Wel"ming feeling of partial memory loss.

I get that there's much that can be lost when switching to the animated medium.
But this has had me rewatching, pausing randomly to see if there's like a split-second scene (when it just turns out to be an animation blip), or looking for TL notations.

From the reviews regarding the Manga/LN, supposedly this is fantastic to read, and you can smell it in each episode, BUT THE PIE NEVER COMES PUT OF THE OVEN.
You just sit down, and there's a plate with crumbs and a little filling smeared on the plate with a used fork of someone who ate before you.

I'm still tuning in weekly. I want so badly for a connective semi-stable episode to pop in, but each time there's just these immediate cuts, large confusion as to "who tf is this?" "When did they find that out?" "What are they here/doing this and it's just a given they'd be here?" "Where tf did this happen?" "Why aren't they showing any of this?" And you end up trying so hard to logic in plot that you're pulled from the experience.

I'm not saying this to bash on anyone's fav story, in fact, I'm happy that you were able to get it on another medium to enjoy. I earnestly want to enjoy it as well, especially with how much is being delayed/cancelled due to the Rona Empire. But damn, I feel like an amnesiac watching.

As for the voicing, I'm sure the VAs are doing fantastically. But the lines/scenes are just kinda... missing. Like why is this being highlighted? What's the significance? If it's that important, why is the delivery monotone and unenthusiastic? Is this supposed to be the yelling character? Is this character FMA Armstrong type / OPM Puri Puri Princess? Are you just detached from the character or is this really the current mood?

Figured I'd ask as I'm just bewildered trying to give it an honest viewing.
It seems like there's enough missing / enough crammed in that this could have easily been a 2-4 cour run instead of 1. We're 9/12 atm for future readers, and I've no clue what exactly they're reaching for in the next 3 episodes.

TL;DR: amnesiac viewing experience, 10/10 would mix up anime meds again.
May 28, 2020 11:32 AM
May 2019
Hey TheJuiceBox

The more I watch this anime the more it feels like this is not something I should watch week by week in the seasonal cycle but rather something I would have enjoyed more as a binge watch session at a later stage. It feels like there is lost potential here which becomes more apparent when you are waiting week by week for a new episode.

I loved the first three episodes though! Pity it couldn't keep up that momentum.
May 29, 2020 6:14 AM
Jun 2019
Bearboots said:

I loved the first three episodes though! Pity it couldn't keep up that momentum.

I'm the opposite, didn't get the first 3 episodes but felt there might be something[quote=Bearboots message=59890556]

Yes, its generic but its honest, something that Isekai Cheat Magician was not.
It can be a bit slow, but I'm really enjoying the mundane details that it unusually bothers to mention.
Last episode, 9, I loved that a joke character, admittedly flagged earlier, is revealed to be deeper.
May 30, 2020 5:07 PM
Jul 2015
I can confirm .... Manga and LN is completely different, things are out of order , completely different supporting character set up / introductions, stories. Don't want to spoil it. Feels like they rushed it so hard, that they didn't care about the plot at all ... Even if it was made a multiple season anime it would be massively better...sadly it's not. Feels worse than Tokyo ghoul ;(
Jun 3, 2020 4:25 PM

May 2009
All adaptations of anime have point to make you want to buy source material.
Jun 3, 2020 11:22 PM
Jun 2019
Alright, thanks everyone. It's disheartening, but logical. I'll have to go for the source and just ride this out.
Jul 3, 2020 1:55 AM
Feb 2018
does anyone now where to find the English language Manga or LN in the US?
Mar 30, 2022 7:35 AM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
TheJuiceBox said:
First off, where is the anime meds nurse?
I mean, this entire thing has left me with whiplash and the over"Wel"ming feeling of partial memory loss.

I get that there's much that can be lost when switching to the animated medium.
But this has had me rewatching, pausing randomly to see if there's like a split-second scene (when it just turns out to be an animation blip), or looking for TL notations.

From the reviews regarding the Manga/LN, supposedly this is fantastic to read, and you can smell it in each episode, BUT THE PIE NEVER COMES PUT OF THE OVEN.
You just sit down, and there's a plate with crumbs and a little filling smeared on the plate with a used fork of someone who ate before you.

I'm still tuning in weekly. I want so badly for a connective semi-stable episode to pop in, but each time there's just these immediate cuts, large confusion as to "who tf is this?" "When did they find that out?" "What are they here/doing this and it's just a given they'd be here?" "Where tf did this happen?" "Why aren't they showing any of this?" And you end up trying so hard to logic in plot that you're pulled from the experience.

I'm not saying this to bash on anyone's fav story, in fact, I'm happy that you were able to get it on another medium to enjoy. I earnestly want to enjoy it as well, especially with how much is being delayed/cancelled due to the Rona Empire. But damn, I feel like an amnesiac watching.

As for the voicing, I'm sure the VAs are doing fantastically. But the lines/scenes are just kinda... missing. Like why is this being highlighted? What's the significance? If it's that important, why is the delivery monotone and unenthusiastic? Is this supposed to be the yelling character? Is this character FMA Armstrong type / OPM Puri Puri Princess? Are you just detached from the character or is this really the current mood?

Figured I'd ask as I'm just bewildered trying to give it an honest viewing.
It seems like there's enough missing / enough crammed in that this could have easily been a 2-4 cour run instead of 1. We're 9/12 atm for future readers, and I've no clue what exactly they're reaching for in the next 3 episodes.

TL;DR: amnesiac viewing experience, 10/10 would mix up anime meds again.

This anime reminds me of Mushoku Tensei. At the very least it's inspired by it. Old dude ends up in a young kids body, gets magic, gets a bunch of girls yada yada... just really rushed and poorly executed anime it seems. I might just read the manga version

Jul 10, 8:33 PM
Dec 2019
This is the first time since I watched anime that I feel that this anime has potential..... But what you said is true they didn't cook this anime well and damn they cut everything 😭😭😭. Episode 8 where they were trapped in the maze I couldn't feel anything... Especially episode 11 when they had to kill Kurt. OK, that's all, then what happened? Kurt's death itself doesn't seem to have had enough of an impact on MC. I rarely buy LN or manga if I'm not interested in a series but this series is quite different. So I completely agree about your response

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hachi-nan tte, Sore wa Nai deshou! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2020

100 by kurooganeko »»
Oct 19, 6:01 PM

Poll: » Hachi-nan tte, Sore wa Nai deshou! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2020

76 by TicuuGoBoom »»
Jul 9, 8:38 PM

Poll: » Hachi-nan tte, Sore wa Nai deshou! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 23, 2020

64 by amf85 »»
Apr 1, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Hachi-nan tte, Sore wa Nai deshou! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2020

120 by Juggy_don »»
Feb 9, 5:42 AM

Poll: » Hachi-nan tte, Sore wa Nai deshou! Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2020

45 by elkensteyin »»
Jan 12, 9:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.