Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Silver Spoon
Available on Manga Store
New
Feb 28, 2020 3:33 AM

Jan 2008
It's been along time since it first released. I remember watching the first 2 episodes when I first moved out of my parents house. Then I dropped it out of boredom. But 7 or so years later, I picked it back up and I do not regret it. Anyways I hope this convinces some people to pick it back up. Share your thoughts on the series! Did you enjoy Gin no Saji??? ANYWAYS.

Wasn't a comedy where I went "hahahahaha, my cheeks hurt." But it was more like a "heh, yeah." sort of anime. That's not to say it was bad though. I honestly enjoyed it thoroughly. It took me on a completely different ride than your stereotypical high-school anime. Different setting, different ideas, big life questions, different scenery, etc. It's a nice change of view from your norm, while still feeling very "anime". In that regard its certainly something that will be hard to forget, since there's so few like it, and I've seen more than 400 series, so yeah.

So yeah as far as anime that are in the "comedy" category, I didn't find it to be extremely hilarious, but nevertheless it was a good ride.

Anyways did you see this series? Did you like it? What was your favorite thing? My favorite was Mikage. She was just too cute of a girl and tbh definitely waifu material. It was just so strange that such an emotionally mature and rational acting girl like her could also be so bad at her studies lol.
ZakuF_Feb 28, 2020 3:46 AM
Feb 28, 2020 3:47 AM

Jan 2016
Love it, one of my favorite anime and manga. I find it's more one of those slice of life about finding yourself which always really appealed to me. (similar shows are Barakamon, March Comes in Like a Lion, and A Place Further Than the Universe) Also same author as FMA and is part of why she's one of my favorite mangakas, she wrote two of my favorite manga.
You have shit taste, and then I have taste so shit it makes your taste look good
Feb 28, 2020 4:01 AM

Jan 2008
MaskOfIce said:
Love it, one of my favorite anime and manga. I find it's more one of those slice of life about finding yourself which always really appealed to me. (similar shows are Barakamon, March Comes in Like a Lion, and A Place Further Than the Universe) Also same author as FMA and is part of why she's one of my favorite mangakas, she wrote two of my favorite manga.

Wow yeah, I loved Barakamon, March comes in like a lion, and place further than the universe. They all have very different vibes but despite their distinctions, they have a similar feeling of wholesomeness.
Feb 28, 2020 4:09 AM

Aug 2013
It's a pretty nice anime. It's a shame how little there is about farming on the medium. I'd love to read a Harvest Moon/Stardew Valley kind of manga.
Feb 28, 2020 4:13 AM

Oct 2019
Satyr_icon said:
It's a pretty nice anime. It's a shame how little there is about farming on the medium. I'd love to read a Harvest Moon/Stardew Valley kind of manga.

I totally agree with you there on the harvest moon/stardew valley manga concept. I would also love the hear a show dedicated to farming and its hardships and fun :)
Feb 28, 2020 4:19 AM

May 2014
I watched the first season a bit over a year ago, quite liked it.
Feb 28, 2020 4:31 AM

Aug 2013
Fuzzylumpkins said:
I totally agree with you there on the harvest moon/stardew valley manga concept. I would also love the hear a show dedicated to farming and its hardships and fun :)

Yeah, it's odd how to this day there's still so little content like that. Gin no Saji is literally the only anime that's really about farming, with Moyashimon being more about brewing, and both are school settings.

Apart from those two, there's a few obscure manga that never got scanlated and some weird isekai manga for some reason.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gin no Saji Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2013

138 by Oldschool888 »»
Jul 2, 5:34 AM

Poll: » Gin no Saji Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 25, 2013

113 by RGreatDanton »»
Jun 5, 6:30 AM

Poll: » Gin no Saji Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 18, 2013

122 by RGreatDanton »»
Jun 5, 6:19 AM

Poll: » Gin no Saji Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 11, 2013

242 by RGreatDanton »»
Jun 5, 6:03 AM

Poll: » Gin no Saji Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 1, 2013

170 by DebiPS »»
Jan 10, 4:28 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.