Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 16, 2019 8:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, Yukiya made an interesting decision. Going by his real name may be risky but he's willing to take it for the music festival.

Wtf is that karaoke session...man, I needed to cover my ears for that.
Feb 16, 2019 2:31 PM

Apr 2014
It's quite nice that there aren't many bad people or archenemies in this anime, just people with different motivations. They also keep going with the idea that fighting is another way for people to understand each-other.

I actually like this series as a whole, with the tight relationships between people. And especially because you really don't get to see many anime like this one. You can probably count them on a single hand. Many would probably find it boring though.
Feb 17, 2019 12:41 AM

Feb 2017
OMG Tazuna in the karaoke was hilarious xD
Feb 17, 2019 4:24 AM

Jul 2015
bestkatalyn said:
It's quite nice that there aren't many bad people or archenemies in this anime, just people with different motivations. They also keep going with the idea that fighting is another way for people to understand each-other.

I kind of agree but its a little strange because before the opponent lose they're ready to kill and not so understating at all but when they lose, they just change, i mean the fight should be impactful and all but i find it a little odd.
Anime as a whole though, its good and interesting and i don't find it boring. i just hope they could explain some stuff about the end of last season and what actually happened? Tazuna saying "I don't remember" is kind of lame.
Feb 17, 2019 5:22 AM

Apr 2014
John_Max said:
bestkatalyn said:

I kind of agree but its a little strange because before the opponent lose they're ready to kill and not so understating at all but when they lose, they just change, i mean the fight should be impactful and all but i find it a little odd.
Anime as a whole though, its good and interesting and i don't find it boring. i just hope they could explain some stuff about the end of last season and what actually happened? Tazuna saying "I don't remember" is kind of lame.

The way I see it, it's more like their opponents don't care how aggressive they are because they know that their opponents won't die or have any lasting damage done to them (except with Koyori, but nobody clarified that, ever).
Feb 17, 2019 9:23 AM
Jan 2017
The character writing in this show is all over the place. If you are main character like Yukiya or Haruka, you get a fair amount of screentime or character development; but if you are a supporting character like Gai or Masataka, you'll just get a few flashbacks to develop or evolve. Even Hana and Senri got more screentime and character moments than Gai and Masataka, but that doesn't really mean much.

The best moments in this episode are Yukiya and Tazuna's scenes and this episode seems to address how similar and different they are. Katsumi Fukuhara and Soma Saito seem to have great chemistry together and they rarely seem to step into each other's toes in their performances. That karaoke scene was dreadful, but in a fun way, which was likely the production team's intention all along.

The dinner scene is a good way to bridge the gap between this show and Hand Shakers and just goes to show far the characters have come. Reijiro and Yukine are no longer supporting characters that exist solely to prop up Tazuna and Koyori, they have evolved into genuine parental figures for Yukiya. This episode puts in the show in a good place, at least for me.
Feb 17, 2019 9:25 AM

May 2018
Welp that's it for the gay couple, man, Tazuna maybe good at fixing things but his worst kind of singing is something he can't fix. So, Haruka remembers after all.
Feb 17, 2019 1:45 PM

Jul 2015
bestkatalyn said:
John_Max said:

The way I see it, it's more like their opponents don't care how aggressive they are because they know that their opponents won't die or have any lasting damage done to them (except with Koyori, but nobody clarified that, ever).

I was more in line with the japanese culture and that they should do their best in fights because otherwise its a dishonor to the enemy but ur explanation is actually makes much more sense, nice.
Feb 18, 2019 6:11 AM

Oct 2008
lolz! Tazuna is definitely out of tone there...one that Karaoke!
3/5.

Feb 18, 2019 8:40 PM

Mar 2016
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, Yukiya made an interesting decision. Going by his real name may be risky but he's willing to take it for the music festival.

Wtf is that karaoke session...man, I needed to cover my ears for that.

Is it weird that I’m actually liking this series a little bit more now ever since that huge wtf feeling I had when I first found out it was a Hand Shakers sequel?

I do feel like the story and cast still lacks a lot of structure, but the show is pretty chill-lax to watch, otherwise. OST is consistently the most dope thing this series offers, so I wouldn’t be surprised if the music staff also worked on the K project series.
Feb 20, 2019 3:52 PM
Jul 2018
that was rather okay episode than the last two. could been alot better but the weak ideas and script really hamper the potential to be good comfy show so thats where my disappointment. Aside that, I really liking the Yukiya and Tazuna's moments.
Feb 20, 2019 6:20 PM

Dec 2016
Wonder if Robert de boron was involved with the OST (poster in background).

54bubblesFeb 20, 2019 6:25 PM
⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿  Umehara is my daily dopamine  ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚゚・⭑
Feb 25, 2019 9:06 PM

Jan 2011
Alright, that karaoke got a chuckle out of me.
Jul 31, 2020 6:03 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Omg the battle scene really uninterested, and it just solved way too fast than i imagined. I guessed, its not the real purposes of the episode. Because i got some nice moment again by the sweet couple of Tazuna and Koyori. Sorry, Yukiya, your ship was belong to Hakura. So, yeah, thats happening like a flash and moving fast like a train. Atleast the ex chain user of Nimrod acted way more mature and cool as the parents of their adopted child! Thats it for now.

Seems like the next episode had a heavy drama to pulled the strong bond over Yukiya and Hakura relations. Its expected. But, its way more entertaining than the Handshakers bullshit problem of Koyori. Pretty fair, i believed.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Aug 2, 2023 7:26 AM

Dec 2022
Tazuna's singing is wasn't the best, but at least Koyori liked it.

Shaded Horizon

More topics from this board

Poll: » W'z Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2019

16 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 2, 2023 11:57 AM

Poll: » W'z Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2019

15 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 2, 2023 10:48 AM

Poll: » W'z Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2019

15 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 2, 2023 10:15 AM

Poll: » W'z Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2019

8 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 2, 2023 9:41 AM

Poll: » W'z Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2019

8 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 2, 2023 6:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.