Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 4, 2018 8:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It's really too bad the peace had to be shattered so quickly because of the Mongols. Those bastards just doesn't know when the stop with their invasion.

Definitely impressed by Jinzaburou's clever intelligence this episode. He may not be a high rank general but he has the mind of a tactical genius when it comes to wars like this.
Sep 4, 2018 11:08 AM

Apr 2016
The best defense is a good offense.

Sep 4, 2018 11:14 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Thats quite the model that Kuchii created there. Using twin
ambushes to not only delay the enemy but also draw them
was a smart move. The stone throwers sure is proving to be quite useful.
Teruhi's defense though sure was well placed. The charge at the mongol general was quite bold though. Quite the scene to announce his betrayal of Kuchii though.

ShingsterSep 4, 2018 11:18 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 4, 2018 12:04 PM

Nov 2016
I liked this episode and the battlefield atmosphere a lot.

But apparently Shiraishi won't get the chance to redeem himself..or will he ?

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 4, 2018 12:30 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
These guys do the best cliffhangers. That's a great point to end it.

Hime-sama looked so hawt and regal in her armour and bow/arrow combo.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 4, 2018 2:27 PM

May 2018
Well, there is no redemption for Shiraishi now.
Sep 4, 2018 3:27 PM

Jul 2009
It's hard whether to say if someone who betrays someone and keeps on betraying them is more moral or immoral than someone who keeps betraying whichever side is currently losing.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Sep 4, 2018 5:21 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode but sad at the same time :/ Although i'm glad that they managed to kill those guys that come from the back, they were prepared for something like this to happen. Good job!

It's sad but can't wait to see that traitor dying.
Btw so what will happen when the reinforcements will arrive? Does that mean that they will destroy their whole group?
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Sep 4, 2018 5:22 PM

Jan 2013
Robbini said:
It's hard whether to say if someone who betrays someone and keeps on betraying them is more moral or immoral than someone who keeps betraying whichever side is currently losing.

Couldn't have said better! But he did what he wanted to do and now it's time for him to suffer the consequences.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Sep 4, 2018 7:18 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Question is, why did Shiraishi think it was a good idea to betray them? Was he thinking at all? Or was it sort of a whim, because he saw an opportunity to side with the Mongols? Whatever the reason, he almost automatically regretted it last episode when he met with the general, and then this episode he's suffering from guilt. No sympathy for him, really. Why betray people who were good to you, for a group that you have absolutely no connection with, and may get rid of you depending on your success?

Anyways, great episode. I love Kuchii's tactics. Ambushing with few soldiers to lure them to a heavily guarded gate. Going for the commander's and general's heads, even if it wasn't successful. They at least showed the Mongol's their strength, which made them retreat.
Sep 5, 2018 12:45 AM

Oct 2008
Good thing the Mongols retreated!
But Damn! Traitor Shiraishi's needs to go down and he is expecting to bring the head of Jinzaburou!? is he out of his mind? Let's see how he fares with Jinzaburou since the user of Gekei sword style used by the Legendary Yoshitsune as well!
5/5.

Sep 5, 2018 2:30 AM

Jul 2016
Why did the Mongols go away?

Why not simply attack the walls from 3 points...

Idiots.
Sep 5, 2018 8:17 AM
Mar 2016
Vindicater said:

Idiots.

Whose side are you on dude :D
Sep 5, 2018 9:14 AM

Mar 2010
Vindicater said:

Idiots.

Mongols are not particulary tied, they have differente groups and rivalries between them, maybe it's too hard for them to agree
Sep 5, 2018 10:12 AM

Jul 2017
That was a nice episode. Loved the tactics that Jinzaburou showcased here.
Sep 5, 2018 1:54 PM

Apr 2017
Jinzaburou's actions this episode were rather good, albeit risky. Still, they did work out and caused Mongols to get wary and retreat. Still, the fact that Toarai were willing to sacrifice the forest and knew how to control fire enough to make it possible in the first place is what won them this battle. That was very good last line of defense. Otherwise Shiraishi's betrayal would be successful. As much as I would like to take pity on him, I guess he deserves to be slain by Jinzaburou next episode. Though just driving him away would do the trick I guess, since he can be of no further use to the Mongols then, and being alone increases his chance of being killed by them instead, making it proper punishment I think. One at least has to acknowledge that once he has chosen side, he keeps it. Though it's also true that at this point it may merely be out of desperation, since his betrayal has been discovered so his only option is to provide enough merit to the Mongols.

Vindicater said:

Idiots.

Presumably it's just a matter of costs/profits ratio. Even if attacking from several sides may work, one side is cut off by fire so they can't attack from there. 2 other sides are protected. Since they never attacked last remaining side, it may be cut off by some natural cliff or so. Which would force them to attack 2 defended sides, and seeing ferocious defense of Japanese they decided whatever profits they can get are not worth it. Especially since wasting soldiers here would cause them to have less to attack their main target, Kyushu, which can probably bring them more profits as it's richer part than this island. And this group already got capital, which was juiciest target anyway, which I think is making them all the less willing to waste soldiers on uncertain profits at this early point in war.
MrZawaSep 5, 2018 1:58 PM

Art by ギャット GFX by aryandil
Sep 5, 2018 4:59 PM

Jan 2015
Great episode, with lots of strategic fighting... And what’s more, Shiraishi is finally going to get his ass handed to him, next episode! Love this show!
~ sXeblues - Reviews on Youtube ~
Sep 5, 2018 6:19 PM

Oct 2015
Can't believe Shiraishi really betrayed them, I thought he would turn back especially when some of them said they would stay behind with him at the wall. Those villagers at the Citadel were very drastic in setting those mongols alight, I guess they will do anything for their country.

As for the upcoming show down between Kuchii and Shiraishi, I can't wait but its already decided.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Sep 7, 2018 6:13 AM

Oct 2017
This anime keeps getting better and better. Can't wait for the next episode
Sep 11, 2018 8:49 AM

Dec 2014
well the betrayal did not prove to be useful.. it was good to see it this way…
Sep 26, 2018 11:25 PM

Jul 2016
Damn it Shiraishi! Even the mongols distrust you now. sigh*

This was another really good episode. Kuchii's tactics were great, as always if I'm honest. There were just 160 of them and even so, they managed to break through the Mongols' frontlines.

So, next episode will be the confrontation between Shiraishi and Kuchii... Being honest, something really tells me that Shiraishi can't take it anymore and that's why he didn't run away with the Mongols -I don't believe what he said about taking Kuchii's head-.
He just wants all this to end and who's more suitable for that task that his comrade?
Jun 20, 2019 3:24 PM

Aug 2014
Holy shit, did you see Jinzaburou? When he shot that arrow he made that general/commander almost shit his pants and even though the arrow was blocked, he just watched him and smiled. One of the best MCs in recent memory.
Mar 31, 2020 3:08 PM
Jul 2018
Nice strategy Jinzaburou, nice episode.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Angolmois: Genkou Kassenki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2018

79 by chriskris91 »»
Jun 12, 6:09 AM

» 4 episodes in, should I continue?

rustvolt - Nov 4, 2021

6 by THEMEDIC911 »»
Nov 5, 2021 8:58 PM

Poll: » Angolmois: Genkou Kassenki Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2018

26 by removed-user »»
Mar 31, 2020 3:15 PM

Poll: » Angolmois: Genkou Kassenki Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2018

21 by removed-user »»
Mar 31, 2020 3:10 PM

Poll: » Angolmois: Genkou Kassenki Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2018

18 by removed-user »»
Mar 31, 2020 3:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.