Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 24, 2018 1:10 PM

Aug 2015
While I wasn't expecting the English voice of Reinhard to be as bombastic and dramatic as Mamoru Miyano, Aaron Dismuke was probably the last person I'd think of. Ian Sinclair as Yang makes more sense since he's kinda known for voicing laid-back characters, though the whole quiet intelligent quality may get lost. I don't watch simul-dubs, or much new dubbed stuff in general, but seeing as how this is the first dub of any LOTGH property, I was wondering what people think of it. The announced dub cast as of now is here:
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-04-23/legend-of-the-galactic-heroes-die-neue-these-anime-english-dub-cast-revealed/.130748
Apr 24, 2018 1:43 PM

Dec 2010
I watched the first dubbed episode I loved all of the voices nothing sounded out of place at all.
Apr 25, 2018 7:21 PM

Feb 2012
The dub is good, though I must admit the audiobook is better.
Apr 25, 2018 10:35 PM

Jul 2013
Did they give the Imperial characters German accents, or did they totally fail to realize the obvious?

EDIT: They totally failed to realize the obvious... Wow, how can anyone think this is a good dub? This is about as average as it gets. They had the opportunity to do something completely unique here and they blew it by using the same ol' voice actors used in generic anime A and B. It's not downright bad, but it is by no means good if you compare it to quality voice acting work. An anime like this should have been raising the bar.
HraktuusApr 25, 2018 10:49 PM
Omne Solum Forti Patria
Apr 27, 2018 5:54 AM

Mar 2015
Hraktuus said:
Did they give the Imperial characters German accents, or did they totally fail to realize the obvious?

EDIT: They totally failed to realize the obvious... Wow, how can anyone think this is a good dub? This is about as average as it gets. They had the opportunity to do something completely unique here and they blew it by using the same ol' voice actors used in generic anime A and B. It's not downright bad, but it is by no means good if you compare it to quality voice acting work. An anime like this should have been raising the bar.

Is there anything in the original source about characters speaking in accents? If not, it makes sense to have the characters sound like they are speaking in their native language. That's consistency in a sense as well.

I do love the accents in Hellsing Ultimate though - what a great dub, but it's more of a fun show. I think those kind of accents here could very well ruin the atmosphere.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Kaikou Episode 10 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

13 by ItachiDeltaForce »»
Jul 11, 2:00 PM

» Should I watch the old/original series?

monad04 - May 12, 2018

23 by Brightless »»
Dec 16, 2023 11:15 AM

» Legend of the Galactic Heroes Die Neue These is the 3rd best profit maker for IG Port for 2023

deg - Jul 15, 2023

15 by TRC_Randy »»
Nov 30, 2023 7:01 AM

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Kaikou Episode 11 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

14 by Robbini »»
Oct 1, 2023 4:00 AM

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Kaikou Episode 12 Discussion

Mayuka - Aug 8, 2018

33 by Sun_Chan »»
Jun 30, 2023 11:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.