Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 16, 2008 12:45 AM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
i think he handled that very poorly, but i really wasn't expecting him to tell her at all, so i guess he still managed to exceed my expectations.
May 23, 2009 3:06 AM

May 2008
well sooner or later this is gona happen...

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jun 28, 2009 8:43 AM

Mar 2009
Yano should have just come out said it rather than messing around like that but I'm glad he actually told her.

Jul 21, 2009 4:11 AM

Oct 2008
Looks like the gg Nana x Yano is coming up next.. Then it will be closely followed by the Takekuchi arc lol..

last.fm โ•ข My CG AMV โ•ข Otaku Test โ•ข
Jul 31, 2009 6:50 AM

Sep 2007
It's pretty silly, expecting to know everything about someone's past, especially who they've slept with. It is pretty typical of high school relationships though, which is why a lot don't last (personal experience).

He didn't do the best job of telling her though.

Sep 3, 2009 6:41 PM

Aug 2008
Why is she interested anyway in his past...? :/

Yano is really violent sometimes, huh ._.

Apr 8, 2010 1:20 AM

Jul 2009
he tossed her away when she was at the door... and he says he never did..

and it seems to me that the guy that is violent is turning out to be yano.. sooner or later she will have bruises... imo

and he did do a lot of poor choices... and yet he says he doesnt regret it..
Sep 26, 2010 1:19 PM

Jun 2009
So many people area saying that it is stupid how Nana want to know about Yano's past ( and I am not talking about this thread in particular) but I mean he told Nana to always be honest and when Nana asked him if he had something with Yamamoto he told him no.
That is why if I were Nana I would be upset.

Next episode seems with lot of drama...
Oct 28, 2010 4:51 PM

Jul 2010
She's leaving his house angrily, and rightfully so, only to be stopped by Yano. Then he goes and says just enough stuff to make her feel bad, like she's in the wrong, and also says some line like, "When have I ever tossed you aside?" and then leaves her! I mean, really, the hell is wrong with this dude sometimes? It's like he couldn't just leave her alone to think; he had to go and make her feel guilty.

The next day he's so sweet, though. They're always like that. They do something stupid and then they make up for it by kidding around. And yeah, I know exactly what she means when she says, "I just can't hate him." It's all ironic to me.

I don't hate Yano's character, but it's just like Takahashi has said in this show. Sometimes he's really cold.
Dec 24, 2010 10:30 PM

Oct 2008
Yano really didn't handle that well. I can't hate him though.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jan 15, 2011 12:50 AM

Oct 2009
He is more than cold, he is glacial. Yes he was betrayed by someone and it hurt, but why would he then want to hurt someone in return? For awhile he just seemed really obsessive and controlling, which we are supposed to understand because he was hurt, but then he has been even worse- acting cold to her at the party, lying to her after making her promise never to do so, making her feel guilty etc.

I hope he starts to realize his own actions and treat her better.

Feb 9, 2011 3:42 PM

Aug 2010
After seeing this episode now I'm gonna change rate of this anime like school days he's similar to Makoto Itou. He's gonna fack everyone (just kidding) Actually I know what's he trying to do but push her like that is a bit to much don't ya think?! And he slept with Yamamoto what's the reason......
Takashi: I'm sad for her
Mar 9, 2011 4:02 PM

Jun 2009
Definitely, I’m losing my patience. I just can’t deal with darned jackass Yano and lap-dog Nanami.

I hate these school romances, I’m eagerly waiting the moment in which they break up and (not surprisingly) never forgive themselves for losing their true love.
I think, then procrastinate.
Therefore, I am.
Mar 26, 2011 6:42 AM

Sep 2007
...what?

Dear lord why am I still watching this? This is entirely my fault. I had planned to drop it at episode 9 and it just sort of didn't happen. When people said the relationships were realistic, I didn't believe them, but this is like one big flashback to my freshman year in high school. It was like a sea of stupidity and angst.

Not to defend Yano, cause he's a jerk, but as a general rule if you burst into tears at the thought of your boyfriend sleeping with someone TWO YEARS AGO (when he didn't even know you) you are not mature enough to be in a relationship.

God I hate teenagers. And the worst part is unless I have a complete tantrum, I'll end up watching this nonsense straight through to the end. Again, this is entirely my fault.
Jun 4, 2011 5:43 PM

Dec 2009
I dono why I'm still watching this, maybe because I usually like to finish whatever series I've started..but I'm starting to really lose my patience with this Yano and even Nanami for "loving" him so much. Yano is such a selfish bastard -_-. Someone *cough* Takeuchi *cough* needs to punch him in the face or something, seriously. As for Nanami, wake the hell up.
Nov 28, 2011 2:00 PM

Sep 2010
Poor Nana-chan T_T You should not have played with her like that, Yano.
๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ฝ๐“พ๐“ป๐“ท ๐“ฝ๐“ธ ๐“–๐“พ๐“ผ๐“พ ๐”€๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ ๐“ถ๐“ฎ

Apr 6, 2012 9:54 PM

Mar 2009
He shouldn't have told her.
May 5, 2012 12:33 AM

Nov 2011
Man this anime is getting pretty epic.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Sep 4, 2012 8:14 AM

Aug 2010
nanaki254 said:

and it seems to me that the guy that is violent is turning out to be yano.. sooner or later she will have bruises... imo

and he did do a lot of poor choices... and yet he says he doesnt regret it..

that's what i thought too....
Jan 18, 2013 9:04 AM

Oct 2009
nanaki254 said:

lol my thoughts exactly
Dec 12, 2013 4:04 AM

Jun 2012
Enma Ai was there by the sound of the bells i heard so is one of them going to be dead soon?? lol so maybe really schooldays incoming.

i am not not sure if she cried at the end because they had sex or because she was happy he spoke the truth it is a bit insensitive to bring it to her that way but still all this episodes about him hiding something in the end it is just something this stupid dafug. so he had sex with her in the past so what its the past while he was not with Nanami this certainly is a big disappointment i expected something horrible he did cause it was already clear they had sex to me long ago but they kept going on about it so i thought it had to be something really bad or he had sex with her while she got into a accident and he could have saved her if he didn't had sex at that moment then it would be a twist but this is just idiotic it was so close to reality in the beginning.

Aurorae said:
nanaki254 said:

lol my thoughts exactly

i was thinking that to lol
RobertovkDec 12, 2013 5:37 AM
"When a flat-chested loli hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart"
"--I am a single bullet. It has no heart. Therefore, it does not think. It just flies straight towards its target."
Mar 5, 2014 8:55 PM
Jul 2012
Yano you hypocritical turd! UGH!
Apr 6, 2014 3:10 PM

Oct 2011
Didn't like it at all.
I just can't like how he does things sometimes. He can be really cold.
I don't hate Yano, but he really is confused. and sometimes he's kinda violent
Nana is really cute, but sometimes she made me angry too. Not because she wants to know about Yano, but the way she does things
I gave an "it was ok" because the final was kinda.... kinda... dont know, it surprised me.
But I still like this show. Let's see what happens next episode
Jul 17, 2015 7:34 PM

Nov 2014
Yano: "When have I ever tossed you away?"
Me: "When you literally pushed her onto the floor and closed the door on her."

Gosh I can't stand Yano. And then he goes and guilt trips her by telling her that it's all her fault that they're having problems. He won't even take any of the blame for being such a jerk to her. Even if he does turn around and say something sweet or feel bad, it's like he's playing with her emotions.

However, I don't really think it's any of Nana's business who Yano slept with in the past as long as he's committed to her in the present. If he doesn't want to talk about it then he shouldn't have to, but that's no excuse for guilt tripping her and throwing her on the ground.

And black cats are not bad luck. Sheesh.
Aug 25, 2015 5:24 AM
Jun 2014
Yano didn't betray Nana-san nor Yuri.

Jan 18, 2017 10:24 PM

Jan 2013
You want the truth? Do you really want the truth?... Well, you can't HANDLE THE TRUTH!

A bad way to bring it up. It needed a lot more preface to get her prepared.
Oct 18, 2020 3:59 AM
Apr 2016
This show is incredible, I'm surprised that the rating is so low. Yano handled it poorly, but it's realistic and believable. The characters just feel so alive and flawed as humans.
Jun 22, 2021 11:06 PM

Jan 2021
omgggggg. the ending.

K. JUST TO BE CLEAR I'M NOT DEFENDING YANO that little b*tch is gonna pay for pushing Nana like that

but wtf is Yamamoto going on about, HIS sin???? are you kidding me?

Looks to me like she talked him into having sex with her six months after her sister's passing and then accuses him of having betrayed the both of them???? B*TCH YOU'RE NOT EVEN RELEVANT LIKE OBV HE WASNT OVER NANA YET AND DIDN'T WANT YOU

what's her excuse for her sin?? did she not betray her own sister??????
Jan 20, 12:54 AM
May 2020
This show has made me say the phrase “it’s so over” for many episodes now. But this time… this time it’s truly over.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bokura ga Ita Episode 16 Discussion

jacobpaige - Mar 16, 2008

33 by miyatobio »»
Apr 6, 11:28 PM

Poll: » Bokura ga Ita Episode 19 Discussion

26 by Suoly »»
Mar 20, 10:10 PM

» Bokura ga Ita Season II Discussion

Rufus - Jul 4, 2008

25 by chrisma »»
Feb 7, 8:57 AM

Poll: » Bokura ga Ita Episode 1 Discussion

sifma - Jun 24, 2008

48 by JoexySun »»
Dec 27, 2023 1:29 AM

Poll: » Bokura ga Ita Episode 10 Discussion

34 by Suoly »»
Oct 12, 2023 10:43 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.