Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 11, 2016 10:45 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah, that new blonde kid is annoying. He's that kind of rap-style gimmick personality..

Looks like he became an appli monster user as well.
Nov 12, 2016 2:01 AM

Sep 2015
no musimon no life
no app link/gattai this ep

next ep trio red blue yellow mon ranger start
Into the Internet!
Nov 12, 2016 5:02 AM

Sep 2008
I really liked this one - considering his past before he met Musimon and also his background (as he lives in a household with a strict education), I didn't think Astra was that annoying with his free-spirited personality...

Musimon is so cute and cool at the same time (by the way: to Nao Tamura (Minori from "Log Horizon" and Chika from "World Trigger"), who's voicing the character - great job) ;)
LAboy456Nov 12, 2016 3:27 PM
Nov 14, 2016 10:04 PM

Oct 2014
I don't expect Musimon voice to be this Cute and Soft, I kinda expected it very loud and Rap all the time... Haha.

Their Catchphrases kinda annoying after sometimes, But I think it will lessen a lots after this episode.

Also a Yellow Digivice... Kinda rare? Don't remember anyone have a Yellow Digivice before.
Nov 14, 2016 10:47 PM

Dec 2014
The kid is annoying... but I kinda like the annoying characters so I am all good
Nov 14, 2016 11:41 PM

Jan 2009
Oh no... this new kid and his Appmon are both irritating!
Nov 15, 2016 2:09 AM

Feb 2013
Annoying kid, but I liked his background story.
The enemy was lame again, the only decent one was Cameramon.
Nov 15, 2016 7:00 AM
Nov 2015
That kid and his raps are amazing.
Nov 15, 2016 7:41 AM

Mar 2013
Is this kid annoying? Or is he super-annoying? Of course he is super annoying!
Nov 15, 2016 9:51 AM
Apr 2014
Musimon's voice was really cute, and Torajirou wasn't as annoying as I expected.
That backstory though, you can't do anymore generic than that.
These appmon of the week episodes are getting old quickly hopefully the edgelord brings back the plot with his introduction.
Nov 16, 2016 11:36 AM

Oct 2011
App tuber omg. gattai next time?
Nov 17, 2016 1:33 PM
Treasure Hunter

Feb 2014
Astra turned out to be surprisingly adorable for me
Also, I really liked how they didn't make his father the spoilsport family head who values tradition over everything, but rather just give him an impressive presence and make him encourage Astra to choose his own path.
The deep respect for his heritage really comes more from himself and I'm not sure I saw something like this in a child character before, especially not on a kids show.
There is nothing terribly wrong with feeling lost, so long as that feeling precedes some plan on your part to actually do something about it. Too often a person grows complacent with their disillusionment, wearing their discomfort like a favorite shirt - Johnny C.

Nov 19, 2016 11:47 AM

Jul 2015
I know that Digimon is supposed to be repetitive, but now it's becoming boring and that is bad. We have 6 episodes where we see the exactly same thing: New chosen kids, new disposable "evil" appmons and new appliarises and powers, light and that stuff. Man, it would be great if along with all this came the emotion as well, because I'm tired of those annoying characters. I hope the next episodes do something about it.
Nov 20, 2016 7:09 AM

May 2011
This series is Xros Wars Hunters for kids under 5 years old. xD
Nov 20, 2016 5:07 PM
Apr 2013
Nipoking said:
I know that Digimon is supposed to be repetitive, but now it's becoming boring and that is bad. We have 6 episodes where we see the exactly same thing: New chosen kids, new disposable "evil" appmons and new appliarises and powers, light and that stuff. Man, it would be great if along with all this came the emotion as well, because I'm tired of those annoying characters. I hope the next episodes do something about it.

Savers had that for 11 episodes and nobody complained. You're just biased.
Nov 20, 2016 5:40 PM

Jul 2015
DATS24 said:
Nipoking said:

Just cause nobody complained doesn't mean that I'm ok with that. I didn't even watched Savers, so I'm not in position to argue about it. But when come to the Appli, makes perfect sense to me complain about the repetitive stuff that's going on.
Nov 20, 2016 10:27 PM
Apr 2013
Nipoking said:
DATS24 said:

Just cause nobody complained doesn't mean that I'm ok with that. I didn't even watched Savers, so I'm not in position to argue about it. But when come to the Appli, makes perfect sense to me complain about the repetitive stuff that's going on.

It's been a classic since Adventure, too. Every episodes until devimon fight seems repetitive and sequential. And everybody still loves Adventure. Idk what you guys want this series to be while it's still targeted mainly for kids, unlike Tri
Nov 21, 2016 7:05 AM

Jul 2015
DATS24 said:
Nipoking said:

It's been a classic since Adventure, too. Every episodes until devimon fight seems repetitive and sequential. And everybody still loves Adventure. Idk what you guys want this series to be while it's still targeted mainly for kids, unlike Tri

I understand your point. I'm not gonna watch some kids shows just to judge them. But I was hoping like this Digimon because the proposal of the applications was pretty interesting. Even for the kids, it's something that could be so well developed, but this is not happening. Just cause it's a kind of infant show doesn't mean I can't criticize that specific point.
Nov 21, 2016 6:27 PM
Apr 2013
Nipoking said:
DATS24 said:

I understand your point. I'm not gonna watch some kids shows just to judge them. But I was hoping like this Digimon because the proposal of the applications was pretty interesting. Even for the kids, it's something that could be so well developed, but this is not happening. Just cause it's a kind of infant show doesn't mean I can't criticize that specific point.

And you're still complaining for a show that's only 8 out of several 50 episodes so far. That's too fast for prejudice
Nov 21, 2016 7:14 PM

Jul 2015
DATS24 said:
Nipoking said:

And you're still complaining for a show that's only 8 out of several 50 episodes so far. That's too fast for prejudice
my gosh... Just chill man, what a salty user. I'll watch until the end of it, but for now that's what I think. If you don't agree its your problem. CY@
Nov 27, 2016 12:09 AM

Dec 2015
This little kid is horribly annoying (not that I find such things distracting). Didn't he put himself into a cage? When the father asks what he wants to do later, he doesn't even answer honestly.

Youtuber shouldn't be shown as something good, nor as a profession. At lezst, here it's a hobby to release stress in some way.

1/5

@Nipoking Aha, you just wrote in the bad section then. Anything you will write here will be used against you (after a good twist or two, sometimes). Beware. ;)
Anyway, it's true that ithe formula choosed in Adventures (and repeated several times through the series and all its successors) was to be expected. But since Appmon was introduced as something new/its own thing to reach a new audience, it was equally logical to expect the anime to shake the structure a bit.
Nov 27, 2016 6:53 AM

Jul 2015
Yup. I'll watch till the end because I like the apps idea. I'm not a big fan of Digimon, but when they innovate a little I'give them a chance. I'm just tired of that method of characters introduction.
Feb 8, 2018 10:02 AM
Jan 2017
New character: it's Pewdiepie, with actual human emotion. I'm not kidding, it is him, the description matches his wiki: A elementary school student, who is loud, obnoxious, and an over flashy douche. the difference is this kid has some real emotion with his kinda sad back story
May 26, 2020 8:01 PM

May 2008
7 episodes in and I can earnestly say that this season is the most annoying Digimon I've seen. I don't know if it's because the writers thought it was what kids would like or because it's "how do you do fellow kids?" but it makes it hard to get through. The "evolution" sequences are pure cringe, the cgi is cringy, the fights are pretty lame even for Digimon and the rest is bland but the more interesting aspect.

It's like all of terrible aspects of Rockman.EXE (and oh does this show give me heavy Rockman.EXE vibes) and Digimon combined into one show.

All the characters I'm interested in get next to no screen time or has been defeated (Cameramon). And now I'm just bored. NONE of the new characters are the least bit entertaining.
Sep 28, 2021 10:02 PM

Feb 2016
Groovy?
Not Groovy?
Shut the f*** up.
Jan 28, 2022 6:29 AM

Feb 2020
Groovy? Not groovy? Lol

Astra and Musmon are a little annoying, but oh well. I still don't hate them. Astra's backstory was actually quite interesting.

SerafosOct 23, 7:44 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters Episode 36 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2017

10 by Pinguinaa »»
Sep 24, 2022 11:22 PM

Poll: » Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters Episode 52 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2017

33 by Serafos »»
Feb 4, 2022 5:31 AM

Poll: » Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters Episode 51 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2017

9 by Serafos »»
Feb 4, 2022 4:51 AM

Poll: » Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters Episode 50 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2017

13 by Serafos »»
Feb 4, 2022 3:41 AM

Poll: » Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters Episode 49 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2017

11 by Serafos »»
Feb 4, 2022 3:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.