Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 2, 2016 6:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, they got into this battle of bands thing pretty fast in this.

Glad to see most of the main and supporting characters back...but evil is back too.

As far as music goes, it's pretty similar to what I remember from the first season. That song at the end is deep.
Oct 2, 2016 7:26 AM

Sep 2015
Lol I have the same reaction like when did this series become so SF, evil empire invasion!!! and the return of Dagger. I expect the plot to be better than the 1st season.

Anyway the first song sang by the evils is just so good. Crimson team is just funny as always also.

Cyan welcome backkk.
Oct 2, 2016 8:13 AM

Jul 2014
What a mess. Lacked the charm of the first season. I guess the cattle liked Shingan Crimsonz better than Plasmagica so we're going to be seeing more cat boys this time around.

They really should have stayed focused on Cyan or one of the other Plasmagica members and spun off a Shingan Crimsonz show as well.
Oct 2, 2016 8:42 AM

Apr 2015
BUD VIRGIN LOGIC's new song was great, as expected. They probably have become one of my favorite original bands, and I'm glad they look much better here in the anime than they do in the travesties that are their initial URs.

More importantly though, Ninjinriot! I have a feeling they won't be getting a song in the anime, given they aren't listed on the anime's official site and the Amazon single leaks don't have a Ninjinriot single listed, but I'm still really glad to see them here regardless. Rin was the first UR I ever got in the game. Also I'm happy Arashi kept his voice from the game, which I suppose isn't a huge surprise since all of Ninjinriot's songs after their initial three still had the same singer.
Oct 2, 2016 11:32 AM
Jul 2018
Dagger is back! The evils are trying to destroy the city!
Oct 2, 2016 12:08 PM

Apr 2014
it feels so good to have the main series back cause couldn't stand SBR short

but wow at that start of the series and then of course they would end the ep at such a part which makes waiting for next ep that much harder none the less cant wait for it
"one step at a time"
Oct 2, 2016 12:47 PM

Aug 2010
YAS NINJINRIOTTTTTTTTTTTT <3~~ Totally caught me by surprise but omg Arashi <3

Also quite an intense start right from the beginning o_O; also Arcareafact spotted!
Oct 2, 2016 12:52 PM

Nov 2015
I almost cried when they sang Shooting Star...
I think I like the new bands, especially the evil one. I just hope they don't steal Trichronika's screentime ;-;
Oct 2, 2016 12:57 PM

Apr 2013
Heh heh, I missed these characters, glad to see them again, and I welcome the new characters :). An invasion from the Queen of Darkness was unexpected, I thought I was tripping lol, but should be interesting. Quality Bones strikes again, very excited to see where the show goes from here.
Oct 2, 2016 1:41 PM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
Great and interesting start. The first season did contain some parody elements. That is why I will try to avoid taking the plot itself too serious.

Shingancrimsonz new song was awesome.
Oct 2, 2016 1:47 PM
Dec 2015
I'm really skeptical about this season; There seems to have way too many things happening at the same time, so I'm not sure if the plot is going to be good.
Another thing that scared me was how they are repeating way too many jokes and/or scenarios; It would be good if they used this season to showcase other arenas from the game, and there might be the possibility that the overuse of the same jokes might take the fun off the Shingancrimsonz, which are the best characters of the anime, in my opinion.
However, there were some good parts as well. BUD VIRGIN LOGIC's song was really good, as well as their appearance. I thought that they wouldn't be looking all that good in the anime, but the girls really looked pretty (especially Airen; I can't take my eyes off her), and Ninjinriot's appearance was also really nice, especially the Kamui part. Cyan's few minutes of screentime were also surprisingly lighthearted and fun, and their humming of Ryuusei Dreamline was so sweet that I caught myself singing along with them.
I'm still pretty wary of this season, but let's see how it'll go (Also, Argon. That's all I can say).
Oct 2, 2016 3:42 PM

Mar 2010
I never noticed it before, but looks like the seiyuus are the ones actually playing the instruments O_o (for at least the ending song) since that's whats listed in the credits.. Bonus rating point XD
Oct 2, 2016 5:04 PM

Aug 2012

That new band Bud Virgin Logic makes good music, but i hope they don't get more screen time than Plasmagica, i need more Cyan!
Oct 2, 2016 5:49 PM

Apr 2015
MrAwesome2016 said:

That new band Bud Virgin Logic makes good music, but i hope they don't get more screen time than Plasmagica, i need more Cyan!

I don't think you have to worry about an antagonist band getting more screen time than the main character(s).
Oct 2, 2016 6:06 PM

Jul 2012
Wow, nice way to begin the series, NOO I DON'T WANT TO SEE MY BABIES SUFFERING D:
The nice thing about this is that I never take it too seriously, so I do surprise myself int he end.
LOVED THE NEW EVIL BAAAND!
Unicorn guy is hot :O

GIANT MECHA DUDEEEE :O

Oct 2, 2016 6:57 PM

Nov 2011
Loved it. I hope this time my favorite ship CyanxRetoree will sail further than before. Cyan looked as cute as always in her short segment. That mech surprised me :D Chamber to the rescue! Teared up a bit when they sang together... And I feel sorry for Plasmagica... I'd be terrified too.

GET DROPBOX HERE!
Bonus space for you and me with this link! Now 500MB per referral, up to 16GB from referrals alone.
Oct 2, 2016 7:12 PM

Oct 2012
Liking the new band
Oct 2, 2016 10:45 PM

Jun 2013
Yay its back!
My baby, Cyan is back! They're all back! GIVE ME MORE!!!
Oct 3, 2016 12:51 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
IsaChu said:
There seems to have way too many things happening at the same time, so I'm not sure if the plot is going to be good.

Do not forget that the first season did take the plot hardly serious in many parts of the series. A lot of parody elements about Madoka was there used. The final scene reminded me of the final move from Madoka as Cyan went full Madokami, too.

Maybe this time they will try to use a more serious plot, but I have my doubts. I would not be surprised if the Final would be like the one from the first season in a slightly different way.
IsaChu said:

Another thing that scared me was how they are repeating way too many jokes and/or scenarios; It would be good if they used this season to showcase other arenas from the game, and there might be the possibility that the overuse of the same jokes might take the fun off the Shingancrimsonz, which are the best characters of the anime, in my opinion.

Shingancrimsonz have a great cast of funny characters. They will never change their dumb personalities and that will always leads to the same kind of humor.
IsaChu said:

However, there were some good parts as well. BUD VIRGIN LOGIC's song was really good, as well as their appearance. I thought that they wouldn't be looking all that good in the anime, but the girls really looked pretty (especially Airen; I can't take my eyes off her),

The new enemies here are looking very cute. There first song was awesome, I agree on that one.
IsaChu said:

and Ninjinriot's appearance was also really nice, especially the Kamui part.

The saviour of the Sound World :P
IsaChu said:

Cyan's few minutes of screentime were also surprisingly lighthearted and fun, and their humming of Ryuusei Dreamline was so sweet that I caught myself singing along with them.
I'm still pretty wary of this season, but let's see how it'll go (Also, Argon. That's all I can say).

Yeah and next episode Cyan will be finally back in the Sound World.

Greetz Cyan
Oct 3, 2016 1:00 AM
Dec 2015
Have to say nice explosive start but the short screen time that Cyan had me like total down a little. I mean I was expecting more screen time from her then all the rest her being the main hero most likely. They sure did leave of at a strange place which is going to be a pain to wait for the next episode. I take it this airs every Sunday maybe. Kind of wish it aired 2 days out of the week like Sunday and Wednesday. Oh well it's going to be a long week to wait.

Can't wait to see more of Cyan this time.
Oct 3, 2016 6:07 AM

Oct 2015
yes, more new band, more new music !!!
Oct 3, 2016 12:02 PM

Apr 2011
awwww.. this episode ended wayyyy to quickly. Every time I see SHINGANCRIMSONZ I'm reminded of why I love them so much, lol. Super excited to see how this will play out and the new bands they will introduce! (ie. the ninjas and the unicorn guy (I already know he'll be my favorite cos he seems super magical already. I mean come on HES A UNICORN!, lmao)

I love BUD VIRGIN LOGIC's music and excited to hear from ARCAREAFACT!! (':
Oct 3, 2016 12:26 PM
Jun 2016

holy molly the animation when the BRR concer star OMG was SICK kinda like this anime seems good

ending is pretty sick

DAMN IT didnt know there were 2 season CRAP
JRiosGamiOct 3, 2016 12:31 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 3, 2016 12:26 PM

Apr 2015
It's so weird seeing people refer to Ninjinriot as a "new band" when they've been around since the beginning of the franchise.
Oct 3, 2016 12:28 PM
Jun 2016
MrAwesome2016 said:

i love her she is perfect love his band too
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 3, 2016 5:06 PM

Apr 2011
BeatlesPkmnFan42 said:
It's so weird seeing people refer to Ninjinriot as a "new band" when they've been around since the beginning of the franchise.

It's not weird at all since it's
new to those that just watch the anime and not play the game..
Oct 3, 2016 7:19 PM

Jan 2016
feel like I'm extra lost not watching season 1?
lot's of cute stuff, self-caused-pressure because didn't make a song? we got the fix for you!

Oct 4, 2016 7:25 PM

Oct 2011
Intense start. Bud virgin logic song omg. Queen of Darkness. Ninjariot 😍
Plasmagica, Shingancrimsonz, Cri Cri 😍😍😍😍😍😍
Cyan and others singing Ryuusei Drumline 😍😍
Oct 4, 2016 8:12 PM
Jul 2013
It took Cyan 18 minutes to appear on screen?!!! That's not ok!!!
I've missed my adorable cyan, we deserve more screen-time than this TT A TT
Oct 5, 2016 3:37 PM

Jun 2014
Dat plot.. I miss the wackiness.

The last time I watched this show it was interrupted by my visit to Japan. Doesn't seem so long ago that the singles were on sale in every single Animate store I went to. Good times. Looking foward to my dose of Plasmagica this season :D
Oct 5, 2016 5:18 PM

May 2013
pretty nice episode. I missed cyan too. hope this season story better than the last season tho.
Oct 8, 2016 5:39 PM

Feb 2008
They didn't even bother showing Cyan in preview as well, but I guess that robot is kind of alliance and bringing back Cyan by force.
Well I was expecting some reunions but not seeing that until next episode.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Oct 10, 2016 9:56 PM

Jan 2013
Liked all of them singing alone. Last 5 minutes were pretty good, other then that alright.
Oct 13, 2016 11:47 PM

Oct 2008
Season 2 here we go! ShinganCrimsonZ still the best hilarious group!
Cyan again got another reason to warp to sound planet and what the F is with that mech!?
What a cool bandname: Ninjinriot! (carrot riot!)
4/5.
matias067Oct 13, 2016 11:50 PM

Oct 15, 2016 4:50 PM

Feb 2013
The evil rock lolis are adorable!
Oct 16, 2016 2:00 PM

Jul 2009
The ninja and dark band are cool!
Oct 27, 2016 12:36 AM
Jan 2016
So it's basically ShinganCrimsonZ's fault for letting Dagger ran away in SbR episode 12.
Jan 17, 2017 3:46 AM

Dec 2016
I love how that arrow is flashing at the TV while Crimsonz are fighting over food.

Cyan definitely wasn't expecting to go back in that sort of fashion.
Feb 8, 2017 11:23 AM

May 2012
Lolwut that ending! Pretty okay start of this second season, let's see what this season has to offer this time!
Mar 27, 2019 6:51 AM
Jul 2018
Wait, doesn't that mean that the future Plasmagica and the whole Sound world was killed already!? Okay this is dark ._.
Dec 10, 2019 3:26 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Hahaha wtf the giant robot that spawn out of nowhere to take here in the other world, good first episode
Apr 21, 2021 6:11 AM

Jun 2016
Despite the presence of evil in the air, everything looked and felt the same as it did in the first season. If this show is able to replicate that, then it'll be a fun watch again.

Dagger returns with a new, dark, goth-like band? I dig it. Plasmagica feel lost without Cyan, which is kinda adorable to think about, and Cyan got into the band on Earth, but it struggling to write a song. I guess we know one thing she'll get done by the end of this season.

Does adding ninjas and mechs make a show better? Well, we are just about too find out, lol.

Dec 2, 2021 4:03 AM

Feb 2020
Here we go again!

Dagger is back and he's not up to good.

It was an ok start. Cyan's going to see her precious friends again in the next episode. ^_^ <3
Aug 21, 2022 4:18 AM

Dec 2020
I think I was more engaged than with season 1 this ep but wtf is going on lmao so much stuff crammed in

More topics from this board

Poll: » Show By Rock!! # Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2016

14 by Pinoffin »»
Feb 25, 10:19 PM

Poll: » Show By Rock!! # Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2016

32 by Muow »»
Aug 31, 2022 5:31 AM

Poll: » Show By Rock!! # Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2016

15 by Muow »»
Aug 28, 2022 6:11 AM

Poll: » Show By Rock!! # Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2016

13 by Muow »»
Aug 27, 2022 2:25 AM

Poll: » Show By Rock!! # Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2016

19 by Muow »»
Aug 23, 2022 2:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.