Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 14, 2015 8:19 PM

Nov 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Incredibly satisfying ending. A great way to end a great manga~
Sep 11, 2015 7:33 PM

Nov 2011
Finale seemed lacking tbh but overall had some decent moments. For some reason, I didn't feel a strong chemistry between Chrno and Rosette except in some of the final few chapters...
Sep 13, 2015 8:07 AM

Nov 2013
Although predictable, the ending was nice. It was a little touching to see Azmaria having grown old and telling their lives to Stella. I am really curious to know what happened to Chrno after the end...
Jan 29, 2016 6:40 AM

Aug 2011
Towards the end there were significantly less comedy, but regardless of the contents it's understandable. Ending was bittersweet but well executed.
Nov 4, 2016 12:37 PM

Jan 2012
Shazzea said:

Incredibly satisfying ending. A great way to end a great manga~

much better than anime imo , the Anime only adapts some of the Manga and than it goes and does its own story.

Both of the endings are tragic, but the ending of the manga was a better ending for all the characters.

i know it's old post.

Nov 26, 2016 2:06 AM

Sep 2014
The tears won't stop flowing T_T.
I wish Rosette got to spend more time with Chrono also Fiore why not just go back to Satella goddammit!

Either way, this beautiful series shall be forever ingrained in my heart, sniff*
Jan 23, 2017 4:27 AM

Jul 2013
I am glad I read the manga as it seems that Rosette finally met Chrno but it is uncertain if he is alive or dead but all we know that Rosette RIP so I assume Chrno joined her or maybe she was hallucinating.

I don't know if I am right but that is based on my speculation. @nerfx, @AllenVonStein, @TAK3Z0 enlighten me as I need to know the real truth
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 22, 2017 5:41 AM

Apr 2011
Renaultclio101 said:
I am glad I read the manga as it seems that Rosette finally met Chrno but it is uncertain if he is alive or dead but all we know that Rosette RIP so I assume Chrno joined her or maybe she was hallucinating.

I believe it was implied that Chrono was buried with Rosette.
Mar 16, 2018 3:33 PM

Jun 2016
Train wreck of an ending, yet much better than the anime overall in a lot of ways. It was a lot more straight forward about details such as the astral line and what horns role were for demons. Pandaemonium was more straight forward and so was details about the demons society even if not by too much. I consider the anime to be meaningless pretentious jargon overlapped with a plot that never tells you anything but a stylish world with some genuinely decent characters and a cool team of villains. In a few words style over substance. I would 100% still stay the same about the final volume of the manga. That being said it avoided that for the majority until the very end.

From the moment of the teleport to Eden to this conclusion I was frustrated. The overall story is unfocused while feeding you breadcrumbs of hints and then we're here and it ends in a heart beat. I liked the ideas a lot. I liked the world a lot. I liked the characters and the character art a lot. But alike the anime, in actual substance this fell short. The pay off for all the hints about the plot was a poorly constructed and rushed ending that jumped you with exposition and plot twists and the likes without proper foreshadowing and made little sense. It almost felt as if everything before it didn't even matter. On top of all this the action was drawn as some of the worst I've ever seen. Pages were cluttered and it made it tedious to read, although that was a constant. I don't know if I've seen so many good ideas go to absolute garbage apart from the likes of Yuyu Hakusho's final arc, but to compare the two would be an insult to Hakusho.

It's still not clear how Chrno stopped Pandaemonium from demonizing the world. Nor did it explain why the apostles turned into little creepy android type kids. Nor did it go into enough detail about the demon society or Ririsu. Rosette was supposed to live around a year at most, but as cheesy as it is it's cute that she denied death to learn to wait for Chrno. Stella was like cryogenically frozen or something and Fiore and Shader are still their pretty young doll & demon selves but refuse to speak to her probably because Fiore blames herself and can somewhat care about her now .... Maybe Shader altered her doll brain. Even that feels contradictory to what was said before. Although if she doesn't a duty for Aion anymore it probably makes some semblance of sense. Unless I'm just lacking all understanding for all of these points, this is what I mean by style over substance.

Everything was good until near the end. I loved learning about Pandaemonium and Magdalene and seeing the fantastic villains that are the sinners and dark tragic unforgiving nature of this manga(until the storybook cheesy ending that was the conclusion). But even then, that's not that much. The characters were good but nothing complex or even memorable apart from the sinners. In fact I thought Azmaria was a better character in the anime, Satella was certainly more memorable at least. Steiner even had more of a presence... The sinners however were a great team of villains although I wish it portrayed why they followed Aion more and I wish we got more of Aion's reasoning for doing what he was attempting to do... The good qualities of Chrno Crusade aren't that substantial whereas the fewer problems of it are illuminated by the poor conclusion which everything was building to. If only the main characters were the sinners, that would have been a much better story.
5/10. I'll have to think about it later and see if I'm being too harsh.

edit: i also want to specify that i'm tired out of my mind right now.
gfsdfgsdgsdfgsMar 16, 2018 4:03 PM
Mar 21, 2021 7:03 AM

May 2020
I'm glad she was able to meet him at the end but if I'm going to be honest, I really didn't care much for this manga. The story wasn't interesting and neither were the characters. 5/10.
Dec 15, 2021 9:59 AM
Aug 2021
Dec 15, 2021 9:59 AM
Aug 2021
Apr 2, 2022 12:52 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
I liked how the anime ended but I liked this ending even more.

The manga is truly a superior experience since it feels more coherent.

7/10
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Feb 15, 2023 5:56 AM
Dec 2013
Wow. So this is the actual canon ending of the story, unlike the filler ending of the anime. So Satella was revived in the end. I'm happy that my fav Chrono Crusade character actually survived, unlike in the anime. Rosette died, though. RIP. Chrono and Rosette reunited just before she died. Not sure where Chrono is now (I know his fate in the anime), but everyone else died of old age because of timeskip. Rosette the only one to die at a young age, while everyone else lived a long full life. I liked the manga more than the anime. The anime had moments that pissed me off. The manga didn't have those moments, thankfully.
wildhoodFeb 18, 2023 7:37 AM
Apr 19, 8:28 AM

Jun 2017
Reply to wildhood
Wow. So this is the actual canon ending of the story, unlike the filler ending of the anime. So Satella was revived in the end. I'm happy that my fav Chrono Crusade character actually survived, unlike in the anime. Rosette died, though. RIP. Chrono and Rosette reunited just before she died. Not sure where Chrono is now (I know his fate in the anime), but everyone else died of old age because of timeskip. Rosette the only one to die at a young age, while everyone else lived a long full life. I liked the manga more than the anime. The anime had moments that pissed me off. The manga didn't have those moments, thankfully.
@wildhood
I wholeheartedly agree with you there.
Chrono Crusade deserves a "FMA Brotherhood treatment" that actually and neatly follows through the OG work. Someday perhaps, nevertheless the Manga lives on.

Wishes and heartfelt regards to Moriyama Sensei.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chrno Crusade Chapter 27 Discussion

The_Deity_Of_Sin - Apr 12, 2009

3 by Jim_Heart »»
Nov 7, 2019 11:09 PM

Poll: » Chrno Crusade Chapter 4 Discussion

StevenHu - Mar 13, 2015

3 by tr25a3 »»
Feb 7, 2019 9:57 AM

Poll: » Chrno Crusade Chapter 3 Discussion

The_Deity_Of_Sin - Apr 12, 2009

5 by tr25a3 »»
Feb 7, 2019 9:31 AM

Poll: » Chrno Crusade Chapter 56 Discussion

gfsdfgsdgsdfgs - Mar 16, 2018

0 by gfsdfgsdgsdfgs »»
Mar 16, 2018 2:54 PM

Poll: » Chrno Crusade Chapter 55 Discussion

nerfx - Nov 25, 2016

1 by gfsdfgsdgsdfgs »»
Mar 16, 2018 8:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.