Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 26, 2014 8:47 AM

Jan 2013
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
The raw for the first chapter is out.
Looks like the GoM and Kuroko&Kagami will team up to play against Americans.
Personally I'm pretty hyped for this. Let's go!
Dec 26, 2014 9:10 AM

Nov 2012
murican will lose next chapter
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Dec 26, 2014 8:30 PM
Aug 2011
STRKY ANIME WHEN?!
dem hairstyles but... lo0o0o0ol Midorima

While I do not agree with/like the last ~75 chapters of the first part, I'd be lying if I said i wasn't excited to seeing them play together.

I can tell that the absurdity of this manga is going to be through the roof, nothing has happened and it already seems hilarious, and i'm actually okay with that.

I'm prepared to read this with a different mindset compared to when I was struggling to finish up those last 75 chapters I mentioned above.
standDec 27, 2014 1:28 AM
Dec 27, 2014 9:19 AM

Apr 2011
I couldn't understand any of it but I know this will be funny. That disrespect though ; P
Dec 27, 2014 10:09 AM

Mar 2013
I've been waiting forever for this and finally it's out!
So the sequel takes place a year after the manga ended and the 1st years are now second years. Seirin lost this year's Inter High.
Riko's father (who is in charge of the event) is at the airport for an American Street Basketball Team to arrive known as Jabberwock. So far two members are introduced: Jason Silver and Nash Gold Jr.
There's a street basketball game going on between Jabberwock and Strky. Team Strky consists of the graduated third years: Miyaji (Shuutoku), Imayoshi (Touou), Higuchi (Rakuzan), Kasamatsu (Kaijou), Okamura (Yosen).
Team Strky loses 86-6. Kasamatsu offers to shake hands but Gold Jr. spits on him and calls them monkeys who should just quit basketball.
Kagetora-san (Riko's dad) stops them and tells them to stay to play another match in a week. Jabberwock accepts.
And of course the team that will soon play Jabberwock is no other than the Generation of Miracles plus Kagami!
"The strongest team in history is about to be born!"
Dec 27, 2014 3:56 PM

Jul 2013
I'm foaming.
Dec 27, 2014 6:43 PM

Dec 2011
Hell yeah. The Generation of Miracles are coming together again. I can't wait to see an all out Zone (Aomine, Kagami, Murasakibara and Akashi... well hopefully we see Midorima and Kise as well) with everyone! That'll be insane as heck.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 27, 2014 7:46 PM

Dec 2014
I'M NOT SURE ON HOW TO REACT

I missed my Teiko babies and I'm glad that they are together... with the expected 'Versus The American' cliche.

But... But... But it was THISSSSSSS close to godmodding. It's not godmodding because it's Akashi-kun, though.

They have:
A guy that can shoot from anywhere
Two guys that can predict the future
Two overpowered beast
A guy that can copy any move (inculing parts of the moves above)
AND AN EQUIVALENT OF WALL MARIA TO BACK IT ALL UP

Don't get me started on the Zone.
arlertedDec 27, 2014 7:50 PM
Dec 27, 2014 8:12 PM

Jul 2013
So the GoM, Kuroko and Kagami are all 2nd years now? Nice. It seems they've already played the Interhigh a 2nd time as well, I wonder who won? Because from the dialogue it clearly wasn't Seirin.

I doubt this will be long series chapter wise, but it could take a while time wise since this is serialized in a bi-monthly magazine. So 6 chapters a year pretty much (at least there are a lot of pages).

Big bad America. Oh boy. It will be nice seeing the Miracles and everyone playing together.
Dec 27, 2014 8:13 PM

Jan 2009
alright they gonna play against the americans just like how Eyeshield 21 final arc was
Dec 27, 2014 8:23 PM

Nov 2011
Heh it looks like it's back with Kuroko and the team in full force. I want to see how skilled those new guys are that were introduced in this chapter soon.

j0x said:
alright they gonna play against the americans just like how Eyeshield 21 final arc was

I should give Eyeshield 21 a try in the future.
Dec 27, 2014 8:31 PM

Nov 2012
that murican logic make sense though lol
Dec 27, 2014 9:03 PM

Jul 2014
So wait.. They lost the interhigh?? so the ultimate team of kuroko and kagami already got beat!!???!!
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Dec 27, 2014 9:29 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
My fucking dream had finally been realized!!!!!!!!!

The GoM together again on the same team + Kuroko and Kagami......My body is not ready for the epicness that is about to ensue HHHHHHNNNNNNNGGGGGGG

And my god I cannot those American guys
Dec 27, 2014 11:53 PM
Apr 2014
KnB wiki says this manga is a "short-running sequel". How short, exactly?

Btw
> Higuchi (Rakuzan)
Who?
Dec 28, 2014 12:29 AM

Aug 2014
Tokoya said:

The GoM together again on the same team + Kuroko and Kagami......My body is not ready for the epicness that is about to ensue HHHHHHNNNNNNNGGGGGGG

LOOOLLL I know how you feel. I wonder what the look on those Streetballers will be when Aomine uses his own Streetball Moves.

This also kind of reminds me of the Kirisaki Daichi team that purposely tried to injure the other team. Them and those Streetballers. Someone needs to give em a good Ankle Break or two. :D

Kind of wonder what would happen with Zone though. Since Akashi has Perfect Play, I wonder if Aomine, Kagami, or even Murasakibara would go past 90% into the 100% range.
Dec 28, 2014 1:23 AM

Oct 2014
The promised sequel is OP vs OP :V

Well heck, I like that! :D :D
TyrelDec 28, 2014 2:33 AM
HOW TO SAVE ANIME IN THREE SIMPLE STEPS

1. To have Mars of Destruction, Skelter Heaven, and Pupa properly adapted in TV series form by Madhouse
  2. To have Inferno Cop properly adapted in TV series form by Bones, director: Urobuchi Gen
  3. An anime crossover of Mushishi x ARIA x Haibane Renmei.

Should even one of the above conditions cannot be done, anime is still at risk.
Dec 28, 2014 1:37 AM

Apr 2011
After reading it in english, that is some MASSIVE DISRESPECT like holy crap that's insane.
God powers collide
I guess it's time to call in the Avengers
Dec 28, 2014 2:45 AM
Apr 2014
I've just noticed that Midorima is holding a kettle. Hahahahaha
Dec 28, 2014 5:56 AM

May 2013
I wonder why foreign players are always arrogant in anime/manga. Japaneses surely hate west.
Dec 28, 2014 6:24 AM

Nov 2012
FlameWingman21 said:
I wonder why foreign players are always arrogant in anime/manga. Japaneses surely hate west.
not west, just murican
Dec 28, 2014 7:25 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
iMajinBreaker said:
Tokoya said:

LOOOLLL I know how you feel. I wonder what the look on those Streetballers will be when Aomine uses his own Streetball Moves.

This also kind of reminds me of the Kirisaki Daichi team that purposely tried to injure the other team. Them and those Streetballers. Someone needs to give em a good Ankle Break or two. :D

Kind of wonder what would happen with Zone though. Since Akashi has Perfect Play, I wonder if Aomine, Kagami, or even Murasakibara would go past 90% into the 100% range.
I will be fangasming for weeks if that happens

And YES, ankle breaks all around please xD
Dec 28, 2014 9:22 AM

Sep 2010
gghelis said:
KnB wiki says this manga is a "short-running sequel". How short, exactly?

Btw
> Higuchi (Rakuzan)
Who?

If this is a monthly magazine probably will be published for a couple years.

GoM + Kagami on the same team!
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Dec 28, 2014 9:45 AM

May 2010
Great chapter. The author presented the "jabberwock" team in the most unlikeable way possible.

excited to read the match .
Dec 28, 2014 9:50 AM

Nov 2012
did silver get to fuck the interview girl in the end???
Dec 28, 2014 2:44 PM

Mar 2012
Kuuuuuuroko no Basket is back! ヽ(´∇`)ノ SO HYPE! (´▽`ʃƪ) Right before the 3rd season too!

Jabberwock, prepare to get dumped on by the Generation of Miracles! Damn though, they brutally defeated and humiliated Strky. This revenge match shall be so sweet.

Koganei nailed it with that "clutch shooting" line for Hyuuga. XD
Dec 28, 2014 4:37 PM

Aug 2013
He.Fucking.Spat.On.Kasamatsu's.Hand.

I'm going to destroy this guy in person. How dare he do that to my poor Kasamatsu. ヽ(‵﹏′)ノ
Dec 28, 2014 4:59 PM

May 2012
wish next ch come out quickly though.. guess im fine with that..

Dec 28, 2014 11:07 PM

Jul 2014
I'm super excited to see how they've progressed the talents of the GoM. Murasakibara with 3pt range would be awesome.
Dec 29, 2014 1:03 AM

Mar 2012
My precious babies are back!! *ugly giggling*
Anyway, ahhh the nostalgia. The senpais are already in college, Seirin having new members (Furihata being called senpai! HUHUHU), Riko getting her hair cut, Seirin members being HyuugaxRiko shippers as usual.

wth what douchebags. Go GOM+kagami WOOOO
*strokes the senpais' faces* you deserved so much better

Really loving the Jabberwocky references HehHEHEhEH.

come at me my body is ready for this roller coaster ride HYPE HYPE HYPE
Dec 29, 2014 7:28 AM

Dec 2013
please don't make this as shit as the last 2 or 3 matches from kuroko no basket, i'm really looking foward to see GOM playing together.

Really don't like how generic the "villains" look like though
Dec 29, 2014 9:14 AM

Jul 2014
Somehow ... I just love those Americanos
Dec 29, 2014 1:30 PM

Jan 2014
gghelis said:
I've just noticed that Midorima is holding a kettle. Hahahahaha

That was hilarious and I can't wait for more chapters,though this will be a short sequel.

VanishingKira said:
Those arrogant assholes are gonna get their asses beat.

I totally agree,and then I hope to see Kuroko be like: "Who's a monkey now???"
Dec 29, 2014 2:12 PM

May 2013
Yay Kuroko is back. The Generation of Miracles are gonna wipe the floor with them.

Stark700 said:
Heh it looks like it's back with Kuroko and the team in full force. I want to see how skilled those new guys are that were introduced in this chapter soon.

j0x said:

I should give Eyeshield 21 a try in the future.

Funny mentioning that, I just started watching Eyeshield 21 a week ago lol.
Dec 29, 2014 2:21 PM

Jul 2012
Generation of Miracles + Kuroko +Kagami against the American team Jabberwock......God damn it this is gonna be good...........
AnimeOverlordDec 29, 2014 2:27 PM
Dec 29, 2014 3:24 PM

May 2011
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GET HYPED
Dec 29, 2014 8:56 PM

Oct 2013
Raycee said:
I'm foaming.

AT THE MOUTH!

Mylamx said:
He.Fucking.Spat.On.Kasamatsu's.Hand.
I'm going to destroy this guy in person. How dare he do that to my poor Kasamatsu. ヽ(‵﹏′)ノ

I KNOW RIGHT!

Man what an awesome surprise this was! The nostalgia hit me like a freight train!
- LMAO the foreigners are 3/5 black
- LMAO the new haircuts are too funny
- Well I knew they were gonna beat the Senpais but F*** MAN THAT DISRESPECT JUST PISSES ME OFF!!! YOU EVER HEARD OF YAO MING N****? HUH? WAS HE A MONKEY? HUH?
- Haha I knew this was coming since the start of the manga, but it's gonna be awesome to see the Best in Japan play together :)
- LMAO Midorima's lucky item is a kettle!

- I'm pretty sad that we had a who year skipped, and that Seirin didn't win the Inter High.
- Lol Furi gets almost no character development after a whole year, but that's fine.
- Koga best wingman!
- Aww looks like Kiyoshi's still in America :/

10/10 still gets me as hyped as ever :D
"There's no shame in falling down... true shame is to not stand up again!"

"Aah? Of course I won't miss!"

"My blood tastes like Iron."

"Run through the tape in life! Never give up! Run through the tape!"
Dec 30, 2014 3:58 AM

Sep 2014
im hype!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
im having goosebumps!!!!!!!!!!
*people die when they are killed* - emiya shirou.......
Dec 30, 2014 5:24 AM

May 2013
ninjastarforcex said:
FlameWingman21 said:
not west, just murican

From my experience, they hate west. They hate American the most, though.
Dec 30, 2014 8:17 AM

Sep 2014
looking forward to more of this but..
rofl, it always supprises me how characters in this series take high-school basketball waaaaay too serious
i mean, 18 year-old kids come to jap and start trashtalking not just the players but the public as well, "go killyourself , comparing them to monkeys and wanting to crush their dreams?" lol, what ...
Dec 30, 2014 9:56 AM

Nov 2013
Y'know I've always wondered what it'd be like to get all the miracles together again + kuroko/kagami and my dream has been fulfilled <3

It's a shame they've made the foreign antagonists out to be total fucking mannerless lunatics though... unnecessary.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Dec 31, 2014 3:05 PM

Jun 2014
I was anticipating the sequel to be against NBA, close enough

Dec 31, 2014 5:33 PM

Jun 2012
I like that GoM is back together but i dont like the way this manga authors keep portraying west people on their stories...i dont get offended because im not american but jeez at least they could hide their American hate a bit...i would be having mix feelings about this if i was american lol

Also since im black, geez did they really had to put a white guy as the team captain for a team for USA street basket? >.> ( yeah i used the stereotype )

p.s: They need to develop each villain character cuz right now only their captain stands out , the rest of them seem generic villains who will get their ass handed by GoM ( as i wish ).
Dec 31, 2014 9:08 PM

May 2014
orithyea said:
Shounen Jump NEXT! is a magazine that releases every two months. So for a "short" sequel, this would indeed probably take a couple of years. I'm guessing "short" means that this will only tackle the Jabberwock game. I'm hoping for more, though.

Thank you for the info xD

Facepalm at that naming sense though xD Jason... SILVER! Nash... GOLD! I'm seriously cracking right now

Edit:
Whoa, I added this on my reading list but we still don't have 2015 for a year on the start date. Read this just now XD
violityDec 31, 2014 9:14 PM
Jan 1, 2015 12:47 PM

Jul 2010
Devastated to see STRKY get utterly destroyed, I wonder how a team of the uncrowned generals would hold up against them.

There's no way the GOM + Kagami would lose now or else Kagetora would kill himself D:

Seirin probably lost at the interhigh because they went up against Tooh and Kuroko can't use misdirection on them anymore
You may read this quote , "However, by that point you'll have been torn to pieces."
Jan 1, 2015 9:49 PM

Jul 2014
f4b10 said:
I like that GoM is back together but i dont like the way this manga authors keep portraying west people on their stories...i dont get offended because im not american but jeez at least they could hide their American hate a bit...i would be having mix feelings about this if i was american lol

Also since im black, geez did they really had to put a white guy as the team captain for a team for USA street basket? >.> ( yeah i used the stereotype )

p.s: They need to develop each villain character cuz right now only their captain stands out , the rest of them seem generic villains who will get their ass handed by GoM ( as i wish ).
I'm American and I'm not offended. For one thing it's a really simple way to create a detestable villain and when it comes to basketball we're kinda like that. In the event of a pick-up game and the off chance there is an asian guy there he'll probably be picked last (unless people know who he is).

As for the white captain for an American streetball team, youtube search The Professor. He's probably one of the most well known streetball players, aside from Skywalker who was on ESPN a while back. Also search the name Jason Williams, he was a professional basketball player with a lot of flair...and was white.
ibearJan 2, 2015 12:11 PM
Jan 2, 2015 5:25 AM

Dec 2014
zat-bust said:
I was anticipating the sequel to be against NBA, close enough

It just wouldn't work out.

Kuroko no Basket relies on too much fake abilities and styles to even pit the characters against the NBA.
Jan 3, 2015 3:18 AM

Oct 2011
I'm glad that Seirin lost Inter-High. There was something like "defeat makes you stronger", so it's natural that other strong team with GoM won. We saw how Seirin worked hard after being defeated, right?

Uncrowned generals wouldn't be able to work as a team, I believe. Hanamiya and Kiyoshi in one team? Impossible.

I'm curious who will be captain of this new Avengers team (Akashi or Midorima, probably) and how author will make our seven miracles play in this match...
Jan 4, 2015 11:20 AM
Apr 2014
If I'm not mistaken, there are no benches in streetball. So what are they gonna do with all this?
Jan 4, 2015 11:48 AM

Nov 2012
gghelis said:
If I'm not mistaken, there are no benches in streetball. So what are they gonna do with all this?

you can, whenever i play basketball (street of course, indoor court too fucking expensive) i always say "dude, im tired, change" and.... ez substitute
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket: Extra Game Chapter 5 Discussion

Tokoya - Aug 12, 2015

43 by a0i-kun »»
May 5, 6:34 AM

» Top Players In Order

Oreo_Assassin - Mar 11, 2016

13 by JL7-Raijin »»
Oct 22, 2020 12:07 PM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket: Extra Game Chapter 8 Discussion

G_Spark233 - Mar 2, 2016

46 by xKiYoMiNaTiONx »»
Aug 25, 2016 10:48 AM

» JUMP next cover of Vol 1 2016 pays homage to Kuroko no Basket WSJ first appearance from january 2009 plus combined covers of both extra game volume tankobon

johnknight648 - Jul 29, 2016

0 by johnknight648 »»
Jul 29, 2016 8:55 PM

» Midorima...

Oreo_Assassin - Sep 5, 2015

6 by Marsh90 »»
Apr 30, 2016 8:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.