Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 5, 2013 8:52 PM

Mar 2012
Yep, this is going pretty much how I predicted. God, but I am SO good at this.

I'm gonna go on record and say that I knew this twist was going to work out.

Hope ya'll ready to eat some crow!
Let's go bowling.
Dec 5, 2013 8:57 PM

Mar 2008
dreadknightnero said:
The episode still faces tonal shift problems
Agreed.

dreadknightnero said:
It better be worth it.
If it hasn't been so far, then it certainly will be.

I think it's likely (read: I'm pulling for), that there's going to be more escalation after the 'final battle'. Combining robot, World-scale plans, We are all Flamencos now! etc. etc. It will be glorious, and naysayers will be purged for good.
Dec 5, 2013 9:43 PM

Aug 2013
I'm glad Gotou yelled at Hazama. I think Gotou's the only character right now that feels real.

I don't get how some of you are happy to see Mari all beaten up like that. She could be annoying at times but she didn't deserve getting beat up like that. Sure she was in over her head but she was most likely lured by that bastard Konno so it's not exactly a fair start now, is it?

This show is still entertaining but it's just so all over the place.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Dec 5, 2013 9:45 PM

Aug 2012
This anime is one of the most intriguing in a long time: the twists just keep coming. It really feels as if anything could happen, and I await it eagerly every week.

Plus, with so many episodes left, it has so much potential.

This might be just be building to greatness; guess we'll know next week, or at least by the end of the first half.
Dec 5, 2013 9:56 PM

Nov 2011
Yup, so many things that I assumed last week turned out to be true. I definitely like where they are going with this.

StopDropAndBowl said:
Yep, this is going pretty much how I predicted. God, but I am SO good at this.

I'm gonna go on record and say that I knew this twist was going to work out.

Hope ya'll ready to eat some crow!

High five!
Dec 5, 2013 10:24 PM

Apr 2012
parfaited said:
King Torture sounds too much like Jouji.

Which explains why King Torture isn't on the character list on MAL. Also, I thought you meant Nakata Jouji at first - their voices sound similar.

soulelle said:
I just love how the director made both - us, the viewers, and the show characters - feel bored and disappointed with the monsters of the previous episode. He made many accept that that was all those guys had in mind. But obviously no, far from it.

I'm glad I never considered dropping this.
Dec 5, 2013 10:47 PM

May 2012
Seems that it's taking an ALIEN route.

I thought Konno was involved but this actually showed he wasn't and him being tortured with one eye damaged by King Torture...oh my, this is really serious stuff we are facing here.

Also, those attitudes that minions show, I really like that take. Because everyone always look down on those minions in Power rangers....

"You should never underestimate the power of stationary!"---> This LOL.

Kella said:
Gosh that ending feel totally out of place now.

Anyway, maybe it's just because I'm tired, but I was actually falling asleep during the last minutes. Random things keep happening and the only character I seriously care about now is Gotou, lol.
I'm waiting for some serious plot twist here.

You're just tired.
Dec 5, 2013 11:19 PM

Jan 2008
Calling it, King Torture is Akira Konno.
Dec 5, 2013 11:22 PM
May 2012
Imperial_Thunder said:
Calling it, King Torture is Akira Konno.

Good grief, I hope so (Since there's NO ep preview of )...
Dec 5, 2013 11:56 PM
Mar 2010
I have no idea what's going on anymore but I'm excited!

Man, the last episode was sort of a let down after the whole Gorilla thing and I was sort of yawning but now, even though I have no idea what's going to happen after all these events. Like, who is King Torture? What is he fighting for? What does he want? Why is he doing this? Is he an alien? What about Hazama's parents' murder? What happened to Konno? Who or what on earth is Hazama fighting for?

I want the next episode to answer these questions now!
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Dec 6, 2013 12:12 AM

Jan 2011
i can't tell what way this is going but if what i think is gonna happen very soon..i'm on aboard again
Dec 6, 2013 12:21 AM
Jan 2011
Am I the only one imagining Mari to be gang raped and tortured. I know, I'm sick but this is my impression of that particular scene.

TQ
Dec 6, 2013 12:34 AM

Mar 2010
As confusing this anime is, I'm just going to enjoy the ride. I'm guessing King Torture isn't the "ultimate" final boss and maybe after Samumenco and King Torture final battle next ep or two, there'll be another big revelation because there are still lots of questions left unanswered.
Dec 6, 2013 1:26 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Litrydow said:
I have no clue what this show is trying to be anymore. It's either an anime gone horribly wrong, or complete genius.

My feelings exactly. I'm pretty certain now a big, big twist will come and it will either be completely ridiculous "now I'm finally dropping this garbage crap" or a piece of sublime screenwriting and directing that will have bloggers and critics talking about Samumenco for years to come.

I don't like Samurai Diamond at all, but it was freaky seeing her beat up like that. At least she got to dress/undress Goto.

The Goto girlfriend is a big, big piece of this puzzle.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 6, 2013 1:29 AM

Feb 2009
Litrydow said:
I have no clue what this show is trying to be anymore. It's either an anime gone horribly wrong, or complete genius.

Couldn't agree more. I will keep watching till the end, hoping that it is the latter!
Dec 6, 2013 1:30 AM

Mar 2008
Just realised that the new characters will not be against samumenco. They will most likely save him and complete the true power rangers team. Masayoshi's uniform is red-coloured. And the new characters names are: blue, green, black, and pink. Quite a rainbow, isn't it? Just curious, where is the yellow one or is this supposed to be Mari?
Anyway, I'm pretty sure, next episode is not going to solve anything, more like the opposite. I expect samumenco to fail miserably. Just hope it won't kill Mari. She's annoying at times, but I like her songs xDDD
Dec 6, 2013 5:14 AM

Nov 2011
Mich666 said:
That would be great. But the main problem is... viewers don't care anymore too.

I wouldn't say that, considering how the poll for this episode isn't as divided as the last one...

Anyway, I certainly wasn't expecting the show be that meta, to be honest. Not that I'm complaining, as my level of enjoyment for this episode was rather high.

The one thing that does worry mean, in-universe wise, is the proclamation of final battle this soon in the series. Because as far as I recall, I've only experienced one other show to do that and things DEFINITELY didn't turn out too well for the main characters.

So yeah, my guess is that King Torture is going to pull off a surprise, considering how genre savvy he seems to be. Not that the said guess is revolutionary, considering how many people are guessing the same thing as well.

Now, few things to bring up:

1) I'm not sure exactly what degree does Hazakura have, but he sure is diverse as a scientist.

2) Is it just me or did Goto's girlfriend reply to him incredibly fast? Maybe the "dead all along" -theory does have something to it...
Dec 6, 2013 8:37 AM

Sep 2012
This episode surprised me. King Torture is in another level, his monsters have done just some crimes of a low level, so I didn't expect to see his hostages in that state.
O importante não é o que fazemos de nós, mas o que nós fazemos daquilo que fazem de nós
Dec 6, 2013 8:51 AM

Oct 2012
So the writers already thought people would think he was King Torture and showed this to prove us wrong. I'm liking this a lot.
Dec 6, 2013 10:03 AM

Sep 2012
I thought about it more after finished watching it for some time, and I think the really cringing thing is that while we have a bad guy apparently falling into a joke (he actually accosted Samurai Flamenco to do "the usual stuff" and allowed him time to answer his phone) or at best a parody of some tokusatsu show, it went really terrifying painful to see all those torture tools and device laying around even though they already took care not to make the victim (especially the girl) look too gory - but still when they close up on the torture tools, they look used with something looking like blood or body fluid on them. The mix of humor (even a black kind) and horror of evil and pain does not sit well. I think this is why so many people (at least in Japanese forum) find the whole thing jarring, uncomfortable and hard to gauge.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Dec 6, 2013 10:19 AM

Nov 2011
symbv said:
I thought about it more after finished watching it for some time, and I think the really cringing thing is that while we have a bad guy apparently falling into a joke (he actually accosted Samurai Flamenco to do "the usual stuff" and allowed him time to answer his phone) or at best a parody of some tokusatsu show, it went really terrifying painful to see all those torture tools and device laying around even though they already took care not to make the victim (especially the girl) look too gory - but still when they close up on the torture tools, they look used with something looking like blood or body fluid on them. The mix of humor (even a black kind) and horror of evil and pain does not sit well. I think this is why so many people (at least in Japanese forum) find the whole thing jarring, uncomfortable and hard to gauge.

I have two words for you: Elfen Lied.
Dec 6, 2013 11:50 AM
Jan 2011
So, looks like Akira accepts King Torture's offer and lure Flamenco girl to a trap.

So, somebody said that King Torture sounded like Jouji, if so then my money in on him as the main villan, btw that Piranha guy was pretty much a retard.

Viva Torture!!!!!
Dec 6, 2013 1:07 PM

Mar 2012
That second half of the episode... Entering deconstruction territory.

Marzan said:
The Goto girlfriend is a big, big piece of this puzzle.

I'm betting she is either involved or is going to be involved with King Torture.
Dec 6, 2013 2:02 PM

Jul 2011
Lyyu said:
This episode surprised me. King Torture is in another level, his monsters have done just some crimes of a low level, so I didn't expect to see his hostages in that state.

I cringed at the torture devices and the producer guy all beat up. >___<

Where is this anime going, really. There's still over a season left... :/

No, not even. Plus this series has a large gap between how it started and what it has become. Not the same.

I obviously did not enter this series expecting torture weapons, even when he revealed himself as King Torture (and this is because his subordinates were relatively pathetic. Makes King Torture look really extreme).
MirorinDec 6, 2013 2:05 PM
Dec 6, 2013 3:05 PM

Aug 2013
Kousoku11 said:
1) I'm not sure exactly what degree does Hazakura have, but he sure is diverse as a scientist.

I'm suspicious of the good doctor's role in all this. His skills, the information and weapons he provides, and his timing when arriving all seem a little too coincidental to me. I'm also incredibly suspicious of Torture's obsession with "entertainment"...

Edit: Maybe Gotou will get involved and save the day!
PaleBlueDec 6, 2013 3:19 PM
Dec 6, 2013 3:14 PM
Jun 2009
Mirorin said:
I obviously did not enter this series expecting torture weapons, even when he revealed himself as King Torture (and this is because his subordinates were relatively pathetic. Makes King Torture look really extreme).

Well, I surely didn't expected that when I started watching Samurai Flamenco (at least I didn't recomend it to any 10yo kid), but I already started cringing when King Torture announced his name in episode 7. The guillotine gorilla was very convincing that things would go violent. I hope this torture frenzy ends next episode, with an less annoying but still alive Mari, and we continue onwards to super robot territory. Otherwise I may be unfortunately dropping this anime... it is painful to watch.
Dec 6, 2013 3:45 PM

Dec 2012
soulelle said:
Just realised that the new characters will not be against samumenco. They will most likely save him and complete the true power rangers team. Masayoshi's uniform is red-coloured. And the new characters names are: blue, green, black, and pink. Quite a rainbow, isn't it? Just curious, where is the yellow one or is this supposed to be Mari?
Anyway, I'm pretty sure, next episode is not going to solve anything, more like the opposite. I expect samumenco to fail miserably. Just hope it won't kill Mari. She's annoying at times, but I like her songs xDDD

True! One, Hazama needs his hero story to continue to another level, second, King Torture is definitely adapting to the modern audience expectations for "entertainment".

Seriously, I fell from the chair when the scientist said that the monsters they were talking about are real, the others were fiction. The story was deceptively light so far and it was not the last two episodes we didn't get right, but the first 6, it seems. Okay, the Final Torture next week!
Dec 6, 2013 4:43 PM
Nov 2013
I was annoyed at the sudden shift in ep 7 but I love the new direction just as much as I loved the show iniitally.
Dec 6, 2013 6:38 PM

Mar 2008
So, about the master always leaving, it's a common thing in Tokusatsu to make the master somehow unavailable to fight the monsters, since he's far stronger than the hero.

In this show they can't turn him into a guinea pig or send him to another dimension (at least for now), so those travels might be enough.

True, he might be king torture, but I wouldn't count on that.

Even Goto could be Torture. And the girlfriend might be something in his mind... But I don't expect that to happen.

The show certainly became interesting. Very meta, lots of parodies of Tokusatsu and social criticism, which was already shown last ep.

But we see there's something more out there, so it's not completely a parody. This might as well be a masterwork. It looks like a parody, but really isn't. It looked like a slice of life, but it wasn't.

The torture scene was pretty good. Let's hope it keeps the good work.
Dec 6, 2013 7:18 PM

Aug 2012
Ha ha, things sure got exciting, all right.

Faith in Samurai Flemenco restored.

Now let's just hope this whole thing boils over at the end of next episode.
Dec 7, 2013 2:02 AM

Oct 2009
Mmmmm still not sure what to make of this, I am still expecting for some kind of twist to set this right.
This was better than last week. But score went from a 9 to 7 :|
Dec 7, 2013 9:20 AM

Jun 2011
now this was a better episode
let's see how far this show can go...
Dec 7, 2013 10:22 AM
Mar 2011
so wait, how did king torture beat that flamenco girl? hopefully they show that. theyve always made it seem like shes stronger than flamenco
"....i am the villain in this story"
Dec 7, 2013 11:07 AM

Mar 2012
amginex said:
so wait, how did king torture beat that flamenco girl? hopefully they show that. theyve always made it seem like shes stronger than flamenco

I think she is about as strong as current Flamenco, maybe a bit weaker. She was definitely stronger in the beginning, but he's powered up a lot.

The point of this episode was to show that Torture is straight-up legit, not someone just fucking around. He's a mad-dog. Everyone thinks he's weak and impotent because his minions were weak and impotent, but then he comes in and shows how serious an opponent he is. I'm scared for Flamenco Diamond and Samumenco because they are definitely not ready for Torture yet.

This episode was SOOOOOO good. Every time I think about it, I like it more.
Let's go bowling.
Dec 7, 2013 10:13 PM

Jan 2008
So much for Konno being behind it all... I have no idea what to expect from this show anymore... but it's enjoyable. Kinda glad that Goto got mad at Hazama because he definitely deserved it.

I had the impression that Mari wasn't really that strong without her weapons, but I also think that she was led there under the impression of doing another video interview and then got captured.

Was it just me or did Flamenco Ruby (forgot her name) seem to stare at Goto when he was leaving the apartment?
pokemongoodDec 7, 2013 10:16 PM
Dec 8, 2013 12:53 AM

Oct 2012
This is turning a bit dark now. hmm...alien invasion, or creating a new epidemic spread by the dead monsters. btw, Like how the small fry villains are getting some respect now.
Dec 8, 2013 7:56 AM

May 2012
KanameFujiwara said:
Am I the only one imagining Mari to be gang raped and tortured. I know, I'm sick but this is my impression of that particular scene.

TQ

Gang rape ?! If this happens I would boost my score by +1 or even +2

But unfortunately this is extremely unlikely to happen.
Dec 8, 2013 12:19 PM

Apr 2011
thepath said:
KanameFujiwara said:

TQ

Flamenco Diamond's bondage shots were fanservicey enough without going the extra mile of having her get gang-raped and bukkake'd ... if every anime were a hentai, that would a given, but most aren't.

So I thought King Torture was going to be the major villain of the series, but it's looking like they're going to be wrapping up his arc in the first cour. I look forward to seeing what they do with the 2nd.
Dec 8, 2013 3:07 PM

Jun 2012
Blind_Guardian said:
thepath said:
KanameFujiwara said:

TQ

Flamenco Diamond's bondage shots were fanservicey enough without going the extra mile of having her get gang-raped and bukkake'd ... if every anime were a hentai, that would a given, but most aren't.

So I thought King Torture was going to be the major villain of the series, but it's looking like they're going to be wrapping up his arc in the first cour. I look forward to seeing what they do with the 2nd.

I just seriously hope we don't get a shitty typical "you haven't seen the last of me!!!" type deal...
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Dec 8, 2013 8:18 PM

Mar 2012
Blind_Guardian said:

I want (and kind of think it will occur) Torture to own Samurai Flamenco.
Let's go bowling.
Dec 9, 2013 10:45 AM

Feb 2011
Dayum , shit got real.
Dec 9, 2013 1:17 PM

Feb 2010
I love the tonal shift this series has taken... I can't wait for next week!
Dec 9, 2013 5:27 PM

Oct 2013
You bunz thinks she was raped?
Dec 9, 2013 5:29 PM

Sep 2012
SultanofSOOWOOOO said:

Hopefully. What an annoying bitch.
Dec 9, 2013 5:34 PM

Oct 2013
Litrydow said:
SultanofSOOWOOOO said:

Hopefully. What an annoying bitch.

No one deserves rape.

But yo, somehow her teddies got bigger. Swollen up after being punched on the teets?

Mod Edit: Removed unnecessary baiting.
LunaDec 11, 2013 1:48 PM
Dec 9, 2013 6:23 PM

Jul 2007
Every Japanese man's dream is to one day tell a friend to "go on ahead while I take care of these guys!".

Knew it was coming, too. *Flamenco fist to the air for the possibly fallen comrade Harazuka*
Ani-BlastDec 9, 2013 6:26 PM
きみ は だれ だい?
ぼく は ラムボ!
ぼく は だれ だい?
きみ は ラムボ!
ラムボ なんでし!
Dec 9, 2013 7:39 PM

Oct 2013
Looks like one or all of the Flamenco girls are going to get killed to make room for new characters.
Dec 10, 2013 6:36 AM

Apr 2013
while i really liked the somewhat slice of life the show was in earlier episodes i like where this is going, specifically because it could go anywhere.

also can a show that was pg13 turn into something more adult oriented in the middle?

the pg13 kinda limits how serious the show could get if it wanted to
xSanoxDec 10, 2013 6:41 AM
Dec 10, 2013 9:57 AM

Jan 2011
I think this show is trying to tell us if the real world has heroes that fight monsters every week, people will not care much after a while...

so team torture could be aliens?
Dec 11, 2013 6:50 AM

Sep 2012
This is getting real, King Torture captured Mari and I noticed her boobs gotten bigger.

Mari looks cute when angry :3

Konno-san still smiling even he's tortured, what a tough guy.

Another weapon for King Torture should work. Go Samumenco, kill him.

Next episode would be an intense battle.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

301 by OrangeRium »»
Jul 14, 11:31 AM

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2013

418 by OrangeRium »»
Jun 18, 4:05 AM

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2013

181 by lordgaara »»
Jul 16, 2023 9:15 PM

» This has to be one of the most misunderstood anime of all time, right?

lordgaara - Jun 16, 2023

6 by lordgaara »»
Jun 17, 2023 9:28 PM

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2014

105 by lordgaara »»
May 24, 2023 11:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.