Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Nov 28, 2013 1:43 PM

Dec 2012
This show really did a 180... Might drop it, but I'll give it a few more episodes.
Nov 28, 2013 1:49 PM
Jul 2013
People dropping the show without even waiting to see where this is going ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Nov 28, 2013 1:51 PM

Dec 2012
Ha, ha, ha! 5/5!

It's pretty obvious that the story directly subserves Samumenco's dream of being a hero who fights crime, and it's clearly shown how fast it escalates to the well-known cliches in sentai and tokustatsu series. Apparently, it has something to do with the realization and the fact that crime was significantly reduced (in the previous episode). He even tried to ignite his hero passion with the loss of his parents, then he broke in tears because he wasn't able to get inspired just like that.
If anything, it's certain more "torture" will come with this.
Nov 28, 2013 1:53 PM
Oct 2011
VioLink said:
Ooooh a new outfit, he is most likely going to get another one though.

Viva torture!

That was his costume from when he was on TV, we knew that.
I might be overthinking it, but him standing in the background seems weird to me. His trips smell fishy as well.
Nov 28, 2013 1:55 PM
May 2012
this is so good, feels like a bad movie got real. Still prefer how it was before the shit got real, literally.
Nov 28, 2013 1:57 PM

Jan 2011
Candor said:
VioLink said:
Ooooh a new outfit, he is most likely going to get another one though.

Viva torture!

That was his costume from when he was on TV, we knew that.
I might be overthinking it, but him standing in the background seems weird to me. His trips smell fishy as well.

He takes trips because he is lazy and doesn't want to deal with King torture, that's the same reason he wanted to be Flamenco but didn't want to put in the grunt work of fighting purse snatchers and thugs.

Him standing in the background is indeed something to speculate about but I really don't think there is anything sinister about him.
[center]
Nov 28, 2013 1:59 PM

Jan 2013
I don't know why everyone's so disgusted by the change in this show. We're still not even half way through the show, so who knows what's going to happen from here - and what I predict is a balance between the crazy, surreal stuff in the last few episodes and the much more down-to-earth stuff from the beginning. But who knows? It's still great, and while not quite as great as the start, I still like it a lot. Very interested to see where it goes in the coming 14 episodes.
Please check my music out on SoundCloud! There's something for everyone.

Nov 28, 2013 2:45 PM
Oct 2013
WOW

Unwatchable, it just hurt to watch this. So cheesy, the main characters turn into one-sided sentai cliched protagonists.

It is just painful to watch all the past episodes go to waste. There no coming back from such a crappy and dull episode.
Nov 28, 2013 2:49 PM
Mar 2008
grymdylan said:
I don't know why everyone's so disgusted by the change in this show. We're still not even half way through the show, so who knows what's going to happen from here - and what I predict is a balance between the crazy, surreal stuff in the last few episodes and the much more down-to-earth stuff from the beginning. But who knows? It's still great, and while not quite as great as the start, I still like it a lot. Very interested to see where it goes in the coming 14 episodes.

I think its just the fact that SF just turned 180 out of nowhere, that disturbs a lot of people. Maybe, if SF were like this from the beginning, then a lot of people wouldn't complain about it, since it would be clear what SF actually is/wants to be: Kamen Rider.
Nov 28, 2013 2:56 PM

Sep 2011
I see many people finding the anime disappointing, but I believe that this events have a reason, and I continue to have a big expectations with it! It's very early to give up!
Nov 28, 2013 2:59 PM

Jul 2011
More deaths are welcome...
Nov 28, 2013 3:02 PM

Mar 2008
I sure hope people can tell that Flamenco is not your typical superhero show, just like Madoka is not your typical magical girl show, just like Evangelion is not your typical mecha. Come on, guys, there's a massive reason to this so-called 180-degree twist. Noticed Mari's demotivation? Noticed Masayoshi's arrogance? Noticed 4-5 sentai episodes with cheap monsters packed in one? I'm absolutely sure that the story is far beyond what we've seen by now.

I also keep questioning whether Jouji turns out to be a good character, evil character, or double-agent-like character... (Read more about it in the previous episode discussions thread) King Torture was voiced by another actor, but they sure tried to make both sound pretty close. And body proportions are also quite similar. Add to this the fishy trips to all over the world...
soulelleNov 28, 2013 3:07 PM
Nov 28, 2013 3:04 PM
Oct 2010
I am going to stick with it just to see where it goes, but if they don't pull this off this show would probably be my most disappointing for the season.
Nov 28, 2013 3:06 PM

Jun 2013
The monster stuff is all pretty corny, but I suppose that's intentional. Everything else is running as usual apparently. Still very intrigued as to where this anime is going.
JivingLotusNov 28, 2013 3:14 PM
Nov 28, 2013 3:15 PM

May 2013
Viva Torture!! lol.

Like the new weapons and the new costume. Looks like Mari is losing interest.
Nov 28, 2013 3:24 PM

Feb 2012
Lmao what kind of villain steals apples.

Plot twist, Gotou's girlfriend is King Torture.

Good episode, looks like both Hazama and Mari are changing, Moe so moe as always.
Nov 28, 2013 3:28 PM
Mar 2008
Scarecrow1711 said:
No wonder why MAL gets such a bad reputation. An anime decides to do something differently and people decide to drop it before giving it a good chance. I'm pretty sure the writers know what they are doing. There's still 14 more episodes to go, not 4. Anything can happen at this point.

Right, because MAL never hypes shitty shows.
Please, try harder.
Nov 28, 2013 3:50 PM

Jun 2011
Holy shit, this is so corny it's hilarious. Which was probably the Director's intention.
Nov 28, 2013 3:50 PM

Apr 2009
inb4 Masayoshi is in a coma/depression/jail time after/during that police operation..

anyway, why is the manager always the hottest woman in the show and seems to be the main heroine? even the monsters say it.. kind of a cool setup, if this was actually a tokusatsu show..
argiliumNov 28, 2013 3:54 PM
Nov 28, 2013 3:54 PM

Oct 2010
I've got a feeling things are going to take another twist (probably a dark one) relatively soon.

It felt to me as if they put all the corny monsters in one episode in order to throw us off our game again. That, and everything going well for Masayoshi....a little too well, plus there's still so many episodes go.
Nov 28, 2013 4:11 PM

Jan 2012
Well this is turning a bit generic now sadly, the characters animation when they werent fighting was really bad.
Nov 28, 2013 4:17 PM

Jul 2010
The animation was so distracting this week, it was at an all-time low but I'm hoping the rest of the series will look better. Otherwise, it seems like this episode mostly set up the new conflict as Samurai Flamenco fought a lot of small fry monsters. I'm a little worried for Masayoshi though, it's good he's enjoying his work but hopefully he doesn't lose sight of his motivation for fighting in the first place.
Nov 28, 2013 4:21 PM

Oct 2012
Talk about ruined series :/ Everything we loved in this show was destroyed by crappy gilotine gorilla.

I don't care anymore, this is bullshit...
Nov 28, 2013 4:32 PM

May 2011
Sorta hard to stay optimistic about this series after this episode... >.<
Nov 28, 2013 4:35 PM

Mar 2010
soulelle said:
I sure hope people can tell that Flamenco is not your typical superhero show, just like Madoka is not your typical magical girl show, just like Evangelion is not your typical mecha. Come on, guys, there's a massive reason to this so-called 180-degree twist. Noticed Mari's demotivation? Noticed Masayoshi's arrogance? Noticed 4-5 sentai episodes with cheap monsters packed in one? I'm absolutely sure that the story is far beyond what we've seen by now.

This, this thousand times! The last twist was so unexpected but this, in which the tone was kept this episode assured me that it is only a small part. I am sure that this whole episode, including 4 monsters packed into one episode, very easy fights, lack of victims and change of the nature of Flamenco was done ON PURPOSE! Seriously, you bieliieve that this show will be like ep 8 for remaining 14 episodes, with consideration how variable and well writen was last 6-7? Do not be surprised if the whole farce with King Torture would end up in the next episode, explained in a very realistic way. Theory of journalist spending a lot of money on special effects to keep interest in the subject (they wanted to give the 10 million yen per face of Samurai, they have the money for it). Coma also does not seem like a bad scenario. In any event, my bet is on Samurai learning truth about how that whole King Torture guy was just media event which prey on his popularity and his struggles to deal with differences between his dream about becoming superhero and harsh reality. Mark my words, MAL!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 28, 2013 4:39 PM
Feb 2011
I am surprised people are comparing this to Power Rangers, rather then surprised actually I'm bothered. If you don't know what Sentai or Kamen Rider is you shouldn't be watching it in the first place.
Nov 28, 2013 4:43 PM

Dec 2011
So this anime went with that route after all, just like Kamen Rider and Power Rangers.
Anyways, I can't wait to see for an explanation for how the villains is created.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 28, 2013 4:44 PM

Apr 2013
From the very beginning, it felt like Super Sentai--more specifically Power Rangers to me, though it was an interesting take on it. After the wham episode that was episode seven, it seems things have taken a turn that maybe it shouldn't have--though it still feels like a Super Sentai show. I have to laugh a little, though, since the whole "VIVA TORTURE *EXPLOSION* the monsters do really does remind me of the monsters blowing up in Power Rangers.

I'm still going to keep watching, though, because something is just not right about what's going on. I have my suspicions toward Harazuka and Kaname Jouji--particularly Kaname. If he's supposed to be Masayoshi's mentor, then why the hell is he constantly going on trips out-of-country every time he is needed? If that's not suspicious, then I don't know what is. I'm also hoping Mari becomes the bad guy or something, she's just been grating ever since she decided to become a superheroine. If she's becoming bored of everything, then she may be leaving the cast for longer periods later on. I don't know, I would hope that's the case.

We'll see what happens.
Nov 28, 2013 4:46 PM

Oct 2012
Orzi said:
This, this thousand times! The last twist was so unexpected but this, in which the tone was kept this episode assured me that it is only a small part. I am sure that this whole episode, including 4 monsters packed into one episode, very easy fights, lack of victims and change of the nature of Flamenco was done ON PURPOSE! Seriously, you bieliieve that this show will be like ep 8 for remaining 14 episodes, with consideration how variable and well writen was last 6-7? Do not be surprised if the whole farce with King Torture would end up in the next episode, explained in a very realistic way. Theory of journalist spending a lot of money on special effects to keep interest in the subject (they wanted to give the 10 million yen per face of Samurai, they have the money for it). Coma also does not seem like a bad scenario. In any event, my bet is on Samurai learning truth about how that whole King Torture guy was just media event which prey on his popularity and his struggles to deal with differences between his dream about becoming superhero and harsh reality. Mark my words, MAL!

The problem with this "stunts & special effects" theory is that every character got crappy, literally out of character - and that noone of main cast even cared what those things really were and it didn't seem weird to them at all. I doubt just about everyone was acting in this episode.

And as for two-months coma, yeah, that could be right but... than it should end in this episode else they are risking their audience and ratings (and they should know it). Because as such, if this ends suddenly and without reason, those two eps would be meaningless and crappy fillers.

Well, we were just trolled into another superhero series that turned haywire. My bet is they tried to do Batman/Spiderman thing but failed pretty hard.
Mich666Nov 28, 2013 4:54 PM
Nov 28, 2013 5:03 PM

Feb 2013
it hurts to say this given how hopeful I was, but this was a weak episode

thought it was gonna do something interesting with the Tokusatsu direction, but instead it just compiled a bunch of episodes of Kamen Rider into one.

F#$% it, my optimism isn't dead, this is just a slip-up people! Don't go!
Nov 28, 2013 5:04 PM
Jul 2012
Inb4 goto-san's grilfriend is actually king torture.

RIP sammumenco
Nov 28, 2013 5:19 PM

Jun 2011
I will wait for an explanation...
Nov 28, 2013 5:24 PM

Mar 2008
Terrible visual quality in this ep.

So it's clear something fighy is going on in the background with all the Tokusatsu parody and the characters changing too much.

The episode was VERY weak, but it seems like it's setting something up, so there's still hope.
Nov 28, 2013 5:27 PM

Mar 2010
Mich666 said:
The problem with this "stunts & special effects" theory is that every character got crappy, literally out of character - and that noone of main cast even cared what those things really were and it didn't seem weird to them at all. I doubt just about everyone was acting in this episode.

And as for two-months coma, yeah, that could be right but... than it should end in this episode else they are risking their audience and ratings (and they should know it). Because as such, if this ends suddenly and without reason, those two eps would be meaningless and crappy fillers.

Well, we were just trolled into another superhero series that turned haywire. My bet is they tried to do Batman/Spiderman thing but failed pretty hard.

Just 'Menco is acting like someone else, everyone else are pretty much themselves, but pushed into situation in which they weren't shown earlier. Mari failing into routine and being bored of being reduced to sidekick is what I was expecting from her. Goto is our usual Goto, et cetera, et cetera.

About 'Menco, in my country we have proverb "Soda water has gone to his head". He is living now his imaginary life - effortlessly defeating monster in the name of justice, succesfully developing his model carrer, like in those sentai shows he was watching while being kid. I think his intentions were just put to a severe test and is yet to come for him time for reflection, when the whole thing will be explained.

I just don't believe the whole show could be reduced to parody of sentais, and this episode confirmed me in this belief. Everything is so... exeggaratet, and within this episode are some hints that this case is not serious (remarkably weak monsters, more and more trivial Council of Ministers meeting, King Torture saying his threats on sh*tty hologram) and will ends in next few episodes. Do you remember how good written were episodes 1-6? Such a change cannot happen without a reason. And if so... That would be the biggest trolling in anime industry ever. But I believe in producers that is not the case.
Nov 28, 2013 5:40 PM

Sep 2013
Anyone else think power Rangers when your watching this? The only major differences are no instant transformation and currently no giant giant robot for the good side.

I'm not dropping I'm still really curious about Goto's girlfriend and hoping this will get good once the plot is revealed.
Nov 28, 2013 5:48 PM

May 2011
all of this sudden change is painful to watch.
even force me to write my second post. LOL
Nov 28, 2013 5:54 PM

Sep 2013
Dissapointed....I thought this going to be one of the best series this season....
Nov 28, 2013 5:56 PM

Sep 2011
at the very least, the fact that this seems to realize how utterly retarded this is softens the blow about how poorly handled everything was

Still RIP best show of the season, kyouso giga has that title now

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 28, 2013 5:59 PM

Mar 2012
This is complete disappointment. Is someone else directing second half of the season?
This anime went from a realistic portrayal of a kid playing hero in real world into corny terrible sentai in supernatural world fighting cheesy monsters.
1/5

I will jump around next episode to see if this is all just a dream or something. If not, this anime is failed.
Nov 28, 2013 6:12 PM

Dec 2010
Yep. Completely jumped the shark. Omori must be having a rough year or something.

JizzyHitler said:
at the very least, the fact that this seems to realize how utterly retarded this is softens the blow about how poorly handled everything was

My sentiments exactly.
Nov 28, 2013 6:13 PM

Sep 2011
islandboy461 said:
Yep. Completely jumped the shark. Omori must be having a rough year or something.

JizzyHitler said:

My sentiments exactly.
I have one little hope in the back of my head that this will all end up being a dream that he wakes up from when he fights the giant robot from the op, and his boss will yell at him that he needs to go shoot the final episode to that one show

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 28, 2013 6:17 PM
Jul 2018
I don't get why everyone is dropping this show sorry.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica did a 180 in episode 3 and it sold like crazy but one major twist in Samurai Flamenco causes everyone to want to drop it? Weird.

Its only on its 8th episode and the whole anime is 22 episodes. Surely the anime has time to redeem itself. The twist was unexpecting but it doesn't ruin the show entirely. In fact I'm interested in the directed its going.

Honestly I'm not that surprised. The director of this is known for incorporating supernatural elements into real world scenarios (ala Baccano, Durarara, Jigoku Shoujo).
Nov 28, 2013 6:18 PM
Mar 2009
Orzi said:
King Torture saying his threats on sh*tty hologram

Putting an hologram into air is not easy task. I'm not technical savvy to know exactly what would be required, but certainly they would be equipment necessary for it, which would be rather easy to find for police while hologram is in the air. And I'm not even talking about hijacking TV signal, which is not easy and would probably end with amateurish evil overlord in jail really fast.

Orzi said:
That would be the biggest trolling in anime industry ever. But I believe in producers that is not the case.

I seriously don't know how can you said this when you have watched Gai-Rei Zero...

Black2knight said:
I don't get why everyone is dropping this show sorry.
Puella Magi Madoka Magica did a 180 in episode 3 and it sold like crazy but one major twist in Samurai Flamenco causes everyone to want to drop it? Weird.

Madoka was magical (pun not intended) show from the beginning. It was changed from typical magical girl show into magical girl deconstruction, but it didn't change it's fundamental elements. Samurai Flamenco on the other hand changes interesting "real world" story into cliche sentai show, fully changing it's genre and turning it's back on first part of series, after establishing interesting story.

Black2knight said:

Honestly I'm not that surprised. The director of this is known for incorporating supernatural elements into real world scenarios (ala Baccano, Durarara, Jigoku Shoujo).

Baccano and Durarara!! are not original works. They were originally written by Narita, who is one of the best (if not best) LN author. Samurai Flamenco certainly tries to use elements from both of them, but seems to be failing at that.
DaerianNov 28, 2013 6:27 PM
Nov 28, 2013 6:21 PM

Oct 2011
The worst is yet to come. Samurai Flameco and company are dealing with weak monsters. Soon they will have to deal with stronger ones. Maybe two or three at a time. I fear the worst case scenario for these characters TT__TT. I hope no one dies.
Nov 28, 2013 6:30 PM

Nov 2007
This anime suddenly became the worst ongoing show?
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Nov 28, 2013 6:31 PM

May 2012
I liked this episode, though the art this weak wasn't as good as previous weeks, so I gave it a 4.
I'm pretty sure there's more than what meets the eye.

Those monsters Viva Torturing really shows how silly Sentai Shows can be.

I think everyone is missing the things that Masayoshi and Goto have been bringing up. Why the monsters are doing King Torture's bidding, blowing themselves up, and why Masayoshi ends up not caring anymore and is consumed by his lust (plus Goto's girlfriend noticing the scary look in his eyes).

It's going to get more interesting here. Had it took the vigilante normal path, it would have gotten boring down the road.
Nov 28, 2013 6:36 PM

Mar 2013
The unexpected twist that gave the series has left me totally confused. I noticed something strange in the eyes of Masayoshi the end, as Goto's girlfriend said on the text. I look forward to the next episode.
Nov 28, 2013 6:37 PM

Jan 2011
Am I the only that gets disappointed by...

...the Delta Horse failing to give Moe a ride? ;_____;

Jokes aside, I cant wait to see how Masayoshi's current actions and Mari's demotivation will lead XD
Nov 28, 2013 6:45 PM

Mar 2008
All this delicious dropping and crying. King Torture has done well indeed.
Nov 28, 2013 6:49 PM

Feb 2012
Oh My. People. Don't give up just yet. THIS IS noitaminA. Am pretty sure they're planning to give us a shitstorm of surprise.

Take Note: noitaminA never disappoints. It may still be the best for the season so hold on folks. This is not the end for Samumenco, at the very least, so far.

Let's just hope for a kickin' second half just like what S;G did.

DON'T DROP THIS YET.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

301 by OrangeRium »»
Jul 14, 11:31 AM

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2013

418 by OrangeRium »»
Jun 18, 4:05 AM

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2013

122 by dragnpiano »»
Apr 24, 9:41 PM

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2013

181 by lordgaara »»
Jul 16, 2023 9:15 PM

» This has to be one of the most misunderstood anime of all time, right?

lordgaara - Jun 16, 2023

6 by lordgaara »»
Jun 17, 2023 9:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.