Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 25, 2013 8:19 PM

May 2013
yes where is the main plot?

i think something is a bit not right in hatchin head LOL
Dec 3, 2013 3:04 PM

Nov 2009
lol . . . Sad first love . . . No but seriously, what happened to the assassin? Or rather, either of the assassins (doubt the dude with the hammers is dead yet).
Feb 15, 2014 7:46 PM

Mar 2009
So sweet to see Hatchin in love and Michiko finally behaving like a mother and comforting her at the end.
Apr 12, 2014 11:03 PM

Sep 2013
noteDhero said:
I really did not like this episode. I liked it in theory, but in execution it was just beyond terrible. The story was far too rushed. They tried to pack 2 episodes of content into one episode, and as a result, characters were completely nonsensical in action and motivation. The pace was jumpy, with an equally unsettling direction to frame everything, and the dialogue was just plain bad.

Honestly, I don't see the point in giving Hatchin a love interest if it's only going to happen in one episode. We spent what, 3 episodes on her first friend? Bad.

yeah man hatchin pissed me off, I didn't get it. but I guess she is a child after all...
May 2, 2014 9:08 PM

Jan 2014
I'm actually really confused... did he regain his memory and forget about her, or was he faking?? I also didn't understand why hatchin was acting the way she did... Also, why did she keep grabbing her stomach?
laputiaMay 2, 2014 9:12 PM
Jun 15, 2014 12:14 AM
Jul 2018
The levi guy sumth was creepy as fuck and pissed me off
Jul 19, 2014 1:36 PM

Jan 2010
Boy meets girl - check
Awkward conversations - check
Art shifts to pastel renderings - check
Pop songs over touring the city - check
Sudden revelation that splits the two apart - check
But oh no, they do care about each other! - check

I guess it was trying to be a fluffy romance/drama for an episode. The genre shift was so sudden that I'm still not exactly sure how to process it.
Nov 4, 2014 8:55 PM

Aug 2013
It's easy to forget Hatchin's only 10. Why did she do the things she did and say the things she said? Who knows? She's a kid. She doesn't know how to deal with emotions she's feeling for the first time and is trying to cope.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jan 30, 2015 11:02 AM

Nov 2014
The ending with Michiko comforting Hatchin was really sweet, the story this episode was cute & sad...bit of a slow episode, but I definitely enjoyed it. :)
Mar 7, 2015 2:28 PM
Sep 2013
I'd be lying if I didn't admit I smiled when I saw the Ergo Proxy reference in the bookstore. Other than that, it was an ok episode.
Aug 7, 2015 5:06 PM

Sep 2012
An eh episode.
Aug 12, 2015 10:42 PM

Apr 2015
I adored how organic Hacchin's feelings were. She'd obviously never had a crush before so she didn't know how to react or handle it. Why do you think kids hit or pick on each other & act like they hate each other when they like someone? It's too much going on in her head. I thought her pushing him & telling him to get a way was cute & natural. I mean poor kid, but I adore Hana.

Sad about his accident tho.
Aug 22, 2015 10:21 AM

Dec 2014
Aw poor Hatchin
Doing what one likes is the right of the powerful.
Oct 3, 2015 10:04 PM
Jun 2013
reading these comments it looks like ppl didn't understand that this is for the most part an episodic anime. The story is moving, they're getting closer to their goal but it's not gonna connect like other stories. Personally, I like it this way.

It kinda goes without saying that Michiko is not the best mother/guardian, but she IS an adult. Hatchin sometimes does cross the line. She deserved that slap in this episode. But I always love the episodes that
revolve around her.
Hatchin was kinda irritating towards the end telling
Lenine she hated him but that's how girls are, plus she's a child, so I guess it
makes sense lol
Apr 21, 2016 6:33 PM

Feb 2012
Lenine goes after Hatchin

We learn the truth
[spoiler]"Aww dayum, that's sad"[spoiler]

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
May 22, 2016 10:55 PM

Jul 2013
Sweet moment at the end made this episode worth it.
Jul 29, 2016 11:06 PM

Jan 2013
Bizarre character interactions with Hana. Just the way she reacts and the dialogue between her and Michiko. So strange.
Also confusing, I was beginning to think she knew Lenine from sometime of screen.
Sep 1, 2016 7:53 PM
Aug 2016
To start, I like how Hana reacted to Lenine's advances. She did begin to justifiably sympathize with him later, but she still held him accountable for this. I think that Lenine was also a good example of how to create an interesting amnesiac plot line without getting too bogged down in having a protagonist who's main personality trait is confusion with the world around him. His transition at the end of the episode was pretty neat too, going even further into what can be done with a character like him.

If there's one thing that's beginning to trouble me, though, and that's Hana's relationship with Michiko. We're 15 episodes in, and although Hana has begun to understand Michiko more, they still have the same hot/cold/hot/cold relationship that they did early on, when you think about it. Something needs to happen as far as character development or this is going to drag on.
Oct 30, 2016 3:47 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
crazy_eights said:
i think this episode is what pisses me off about the series. i like the series alot but then episode to episode there is not continuity. how does she go from sitting in a car with an assassin who says she loses to being ok the next episode. i just wish they would wrap up one idea properly.

I was also left out of the loop at first, since I was expecting to see what would be after the end of episode 14, I was seeing episode 15 thinking someone had made a mistake or something.

About the series, no, I only felt it with this episode, that is because episode 14 ends in that supposed cliffhanger and we are left wanting to see what cames after.

This aside, lovely episode, Hana was so cute here, first time experience "love", but the episode also had that sad note as a conclusion...
Nov 17, 2016 2:37 PM

Jun 2013
I like Hatchin but I felt kind of disconnected from this episode. I'm not sure why, since "Hana has a crush" seems relatable to me. And yet, it didn't really touch me. Again, it might be because usually I prefer there to be more dialogue.

la208566 said:
If there's one thing that's beginning to trouble me, though, and that's Hana's relationship with Michiko. We're 15 episodes in, and although Hana has begun to understand Michiko more, they still have the same hot/cold/hot/cold relationship that they did early on, when you think about it. Something needs to happen as far as character development or this is going to drag on.

Yes, I share this concern too. The only difference that I can see is that between slapping each other and stomping on each other's feet, they now share a hug once in a while. I really wish they talked to each other more.
Mar 21, 2018 4:41 PM

Mar 2012
some of the comments on this episode irked me quite a bit.

i was expecting the resolution to the cliffhanger left on the last episode but i'm now convinced this anime is more about their journey than about a predesigned plot. it is good, though. the episode seemed a bit rushed but it gave another angle on hatchin and her relationship with michiko too. i guess the boy here wasn't what's important but the deepened bond with michiko and that actually made sense by the end. it could be better written and directed, but it's not perfect. i'm actually starting to think the big reveal by the end is gonna be michiko being her mother and not them finding hiroshi or anything like it.
i'd be okay with it anyway.
Apr 27, 2018 3:52 PM
Oct 2017
Hatchin is not a bitch/tsundere/etc. She's a child who's a victim of domestic abuse and is basically running away from city to city with a woman who despite her being fond of, is not the best parental figure in any means. And her social skills in general, while having improved with her time with Michiko, still aren't the best. With lots of terrible experiences, she tends to rely on herself more than the others around her, so it makes absolute sense that she gets completely confused and doesn't react well to the idea of somebody actually showing affection to her without her assuming they have secret intentions. That's why she said she hated Lenine. This episode might be more soft and slow paced compared to others, but it humanizes her a lot.
Sep 28, 2019 5:49 AM

Oct 2012
Where's Jair oldman though? Did he decide to retire :P

I'm kinda confused of this episode
Why she decided to hate him or his guts?
Then cried when his "memories" gone, even though he remembered her a bit

Maybe this have some kind of deeper meaning or philosophical stuffs, but I don't think this anime is that kind of anime
"Signature removed"
Sep 11, 2021 3:12 PM

Nov 2016
Although the amnesia was a bit clumsily handled, it was still a (bitter)sweet episode.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 12, 2021 8:34 AM
Mar 2019
Jacut said:
It's strange how Michiko e Hatchin varies from good episode episodes like this one (yes I know it has nothing to do with the plot or anything and it's quite a bit random) and much less interesting episodes like the former episode. I really have a hard time liking this seires even if I feel like I should. It doesn't appeal to me that much.

This is exactly how I feel about the series. Its really hard to binge because there are some absolute stinker episodes in here. This is my first episode back after an extended break with it, and what an absolutely gorgeous episode it was. I like these stories that seemingly "don't advance the plot" like others have suggested - it's this kind of storywritting that is reminiscent of Bebop and why it's such a widely appreciated series.

Still, it's hard for me to give this series anything higher than a 7 because of its extreme variance in storytelling quality
Oct 9, 2022 8:57 AM

Apr 2016
Awww the first crush and the heartbreak that comes with it, poor Hatchin having such an awful upbringing and not really having that much guide when it comes to love and attraction she was basically a mess that tried to guard herself because is the only thing she knows she can do just to be unable to really do it this time in such unexplored place; it was basically the Hatchin's version of Michiko falling for that married guy.

The ending was so beautiful.
Jul 22, 9:56 AM
Feb 2022
The episode starts on my birthday.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Michiko to Hatchin Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kokujin-kun - Dec 4, 2008

76 by mintkat »»
Sep 5, 5:57 PM

Poll: » Michiko to Hatchin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

angel999 - Nov 12, 2008

106 by ExpedientWitted »»
Aug 20, 7:43 PM

Poll: » Michiko to Hatchin Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

windy - Mar 22, 2009

243 by FedeMetal »»
Jul 24, 9:22 PM

Poll: » Michiko to Hatchin Episode 16 Discussion

simo000 - Mar 14, 2009

41 by FedeMetal »»
Jul 23, 8:23 AM

Poll: » Michiko to Hatchin Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

noteDhero - Jan 24, 2009

54 by FedeMetal »»
Jul 21, 8:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.