Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 8, 2017 9:56 PM

Mar 2017
I'm usually not a fan of romance in action anime, but I really love Tanda and Balsa together!
Aug 20, 2017 6:40 AM
Nov 2010
Jiguro beating six great warriors together was a bit unrealistic. There's no reason for him to be in such an advantage. His death of illness was also not really foreshadowed.

"Why don't the three of us live together after this is all over?" The author seems to have forgotten that Chagum has actual parents, one of which is a loving mother.

I think what was missing in the scene of Chagum's transfer to the other world was seeing/hearing why he was so constantly scared during the visit. If you appear in the middle of the air, you'll get scared, of course, but if you notice there's apparently no danger, you'll eventually calm down. We could've had a "I feel like I'm getting more sucked into this world and that I'm about to become real and fall down" or any other insight from Chagum himself, though obviously in an appropriate tone.
Tomislavr7Aug 20, 2017 7:44 AM
Sep 27, 2018 1:55 PM

Sep 2011
I'm glad, I thought that Jiguro would die fighting the remaining six Spears, but he was really unmatchable, the greatest of them all. Even after being hurt, he still won the fight and lived, until he fell ill and died, in peace I believe, maybe he was just tired. But he did what he could and turned Balsa into what she is today after teaching her all that he knew. He was a fatherly figure, and I like him.

And well, Tanda pretty much proposed, and confessed his feelings, not in the best moment like Balsa said, but the poor guy has been waiting for years by now so I can't really blame him, but unfortunately, I don't think they will be able to keep living with Chagum, even if all of them manage to survive La Lunga, he is still the next Emperor after all... But I won't suffer before the time comes.

I really liked the insert song, and that Balsa is teaching Chagum how to fight, but it seems that the fateful day is upon us, and there are still four episodes left, I wonder what will happen.
Sep 15, 2019 10:29 AM

May 2015
Jesus, Tanda just want sum fuk. :((((
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jan 22, 2021 9:16 AM

Jul 2017
To continue on from one of the strongest episodes of the series so far, this one might have topped the former somehow from start to finish. The combination of the previous episode and this one have been absolutely extraordinary and powerful to watch.

All I will say is that Jiguro's death and just overall story of his life was a really impactful one and despite not needing to accept this mission at all and by that, retaining his status, not killing his comrades and living a more comfortable life without so much tragedy surrounding himself, instead he chose to help out a little girl and regrets none of that, even near his dying breaths. He is not an expressive man by any means, but him saying that he grew fond of living together with Balsa was about as much of an emotive response as he could ever vocally outpour to her in his entire life. The speech was short but massive heart and emotions involved in those words. He even didn't want Balsa to feel indebted to him by needing to save lives for his and his former comrades' sake, since saving lives are much more difficult and tedious than killing, but even after he passed away, Balsa decided to go forward with that and atone for his sake.

Once Chagum heard about this story and wanted to physically and mentally train himself, while also sharing a parent-son-like embrace with each other to clear away the negative tension in the air that they had together, it was like a massive weight was off both of their shoulders and the way Kamiyama directed this was fantastic. Especially the montage with them training over seasons and eating together and living together all just made their bonds feel much more connected together over time.

Another thing that got me feeling a tad down in this episode was when Tanda uttered the quote, “If you can’t believe I could be that medicine, I guess there’s no point in me waiting”. There's a legitimate argument that can be made for Balsa not acknowledging Tanda's proposal for the three of them to properly become a family, since the timing of everything is still off and Balsa's mind isn't in the state, to think that far ahead, especially since they still don't know how exactly to save Chagum from his fate. It is quite tragic though to see that even though Tanda and Balsa complement each other really well for such a long time as comrades in arms, they still fundamentally don't complement each other exactly as a couple and not even their mutual love for Chagum can make it easier for the two of them just yet. But like I also mentioned, could just be the timing of the situation too.
Aug 18, 2022 5:56 AM

Sep 2018
It's quite nice that Jigoro and Balsa'a time together wasn't brief at all, but instead had many years together, even five years after the fighting was finally done. I thought he would have died in battle many years ago earlier on in the series.

Was wondering when that little proposal was gonna come, I hope this doesn't end in death.
Dec 20, 2022 4:37 PM

Sep 2018
gee, i wonder what the good ol' Master Star Reader has been up to lately? haven't seen him in a while...

totally unrelated, i wonder if, like the Nyunga Ro Im, the Rarunga grows secretly inside a human until the time is ripe...

🤔
Jun 3, 2023 1:58 PM

Jun 2020
I almost teared up when Jiguro was smiling on his deathbed. Farewell old soldier.

They were together for 15 years, Balsa probably barely remembers a time when Jiguro wasn't effectively her dad. Of course he will end up wanting to protect her so I think Balsa is suffering from some self-worth issues, denying that Jiguro loved her; which is also why she can't ever allow herself to be loved, not as a protector or a servant, but as herself.
Old is Gold

"Look, look, we can do spinning shots without wasting our entire budget"
"Did you see? Look, it's all smooth and everything !"
"You're not looking, please, it's SO AWESOME LOOK AT HOW SPINNY IT IS!!!!"

- All anime animators since the invention of CGI.
Sep 7, 2023 7:28 PM
Oct 2021
11/10 episode. Everyhting in one is how I see it.
Aug 23, 5:07 AM

Apr 2017
We see more of Balsa's story. I think the sad thing about this being a limited season, is that in a fully fledged show, her backstory would've been an entire arc (or a mini arc).
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seirei no Moribito Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Faust721 - Aug 23, 2007

61 by Safrichh »»
Oct 16, 9:08 PM

Poll: » Seirei no Moribito Episode 18 Discussion

mild_even - Aug 14, 2007

34 by Safrichh »»
Oct 11, 9:13 PM

Poll: » Seirei no Moribito Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ashura - Aug 9, 2007

51 by Safrichh »»
Oct 5, 8:45 PM

» What do you think of Seirei no Moribito?

medicalmidget - Aug 19, 2011

16 by TransferUser »»
Sep 23, 11:00 AM

Poll: » Seirei no Moribito Episode 16 Discussion

Kayrhandros - Jul 31, 2007

47 by Safrichh »»
Sep 21, 7:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.