Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 7, 2011 6:45 PM

Sep 2009
Lulexiaa said:
For the past reversed harems I watched *cough* Hakuouki and Starry Sky, they were SUCH LET DOWNS!!!
Starry Sky was indeed bad (*zzzzzz-ed* the entire time) but Hakuouki was really good :3

KayChan4U said:
"OH HAI I JUST MET YOU BUT THAT'S COOL. I LIKE YOU." That sort of thing is just too stupid. Even if..it wasn't implying it for EVERY boy they showed.
LOL; 1st time watching a reverse harem?

MorningGlory said:
mayb they are just twin or mayb 2 personality
I am guessing the latter. Portraying that sort of personality, maybe to get more fans? And I am guessing the company behind him might be the ones pulling the strings. Yes, too early to dig but still.

1stly

Ahem;
That was way more fantastic than I expected really. And it really has been a while since I have liked a reverse harem anime and sadly, they really are rare.
Beautiful boys and what is up with the VA cast? It's like a piece of heaven sort of fell from the sky ♥.♥...And hearing Miyano Mamoru sing, oh my *diesX1000*
Female protagonist not being a Bella-wannabe is such a plus. She is actually quiet likeable.
P.S. watched the OP (wow just WOW!!!..them dancing is so HOT!) and ED (beautiful *.*)like million times already.
Jul 7, 2011 6:52 PM
Feb 2011
i enjoyed it, looking forward to next ep
Jul 7, 2011 8:44 PM

Feb 2011
Ergh... I've never been able to watch a reverse harem without tons of humor.

I have a feeling this will go the way of Starry Sky. D;

Please don't....
Jul 7, 2011 8:51 PM
Apr 2011
I'm definitely looking forward to this. The episode was both corny, hilarious - did I mention I was having a laughing fit at one point? The headmaster, holy shit, most epic entrance EVAR. Absolutely loved it.
I'm crossing my fingers for this to be successful.
Jul 7, 2011 10:20 PM
Jul 2007
I am so excited about this anime. I cannot wait to see how this anime will develop. Hey is it just me, or did everyone call each other by their first names, and not last names. In most anime those who are unfamiliar or not on best friend terms call each other by their last names. This is new for me.
noneexistentJul 7, 2011 10:49 PM
Jul 7, 2011 11:13 PM

Jan 2011
I LOVED THE FIRST EP omg miyano mamoru <3 <3 <3
an anime episode with 3 songs with him...... *explodes from happiness*!!!!

The opening dance: will they play that every ep? Cuz ... I will watch it every ep. lol. i was laughing through it all cuz I've just never seen like... an asian nsync animated in an anime series like that. I've definitely seen it with girls, but not with guys!

I do wonder if they will follow the game's plot, and if so, I have a feeling they will be focusing in on the Ichinose Tokiya plot line, simply because it has an nice twist, and it already feels like the focus is on Ichinose/Hayato from this first ep.

Ittoki Otoya and Ichinose Tokiya are my most likeable characters, how fitting since they're the A/S pairing...? But OMGOMGOMG I can't get enough of Miyano Mamoru.

It will be a great 12 eps if they play out the story of Ichinose Tokiya as it is in the game. =)

But that girl's voice is a bit annoying, and wow her eyes are freaky. But it's ok, whatever happens, MIYANO IS THERE. AND SINGING. although his Hayato song sounded a bit high, I was thinking that might just be Hayato's "singing" though. I loved it when he walked in through the light, with that long coat.... omg so hot!!!

This anime is so 10/10 for me right now. And I couldn't sit through the first 4 minutes of Starry Sky ep 1. BIG difference for me personally there........

Oh, and Nakamura Yuuichi was like damn!!! hahahah. I can't believe that guy is Ryuu in Kimi ni Todoke, Graham Aker in Gundam 00, Kyousuke in Oreimo, and so on...... amazing. Just amazing.

Jul 7, 2011 11:54 PM

Sep 2010
Lol @ op.
Ok first episode.
Jul 8, 2011 1:13 AM

Jul 2010
KYA! XD It feels like forever since I watched reverse harem anime!
Jul 8, 2011 1:29 AM

Aug 2010
Oh. Mah. God. THOSE EYES!!!
I faqing love those eyes.

THE BISHIES ASSEMBLE!
(so even reverseharem has useless friend who gets no action...interesting)
Smexy Trap.....just wanna go SLSLSLSLSL.

so IdolM@ster with guy idols, huh, interesting

All in all...
THOSE EYES.
SLSLSLSLSLSLS.

Jul 8, 2011 1:39 AM

Jan 2011
Pretty good for a first episode if you ask me. I've also been waiting for another good reverse harem anime like Ouran.

Opening was flashy but I actually liked the song and the dance looked good..?
Loved Mamoru's insert song and, Judging from the ED this will ACTUALLY HAVE A PLOT PEOPLE! (Wow.)

And it has been said many times but.. yes.. those eyes.. WHO MADE THEM?

Btw I think it might be said that I loved Mamoru's cute voice before the song and after the ED. :3 Reminded me of his voice in Dog Days.

Nya~
Jul 8, 2011 2:04 AM

Feb 2010
The art is just beautiful. I'm really looking forward for the next episode. Oh, and best person so far is the headmaster. Yay ~
Jul 8, 2011 2:22 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
Haruka eyes scary T_T ... but anime interesting
Jul 8, 2011 4:20 AM

May 2011
Uff im hooked. Even thou i laugh through most of the 1st ep i'm looking forward to new episodes . Man it was hilarious. And i must say it was quit sad when she was compared to a dog, cute, but nontheless a dog XDD
Jul 8, 2011 4:45 AM

Jun 2008
ahaha wow. I loved it. Glad to see a good reverse harem for once, not just a guilty-pleasure bishie fest like the last few I've seen. (I actually liked Starry Sky but I didn't think it was GOOD.) Actually...I haven't seen a good reverse harem since Ouran. Jesus. (Obviously, it's not quite that level...)

And I like Haruka's eyes. I like Haruka, generally-her backstory was really cute and I felt for her. And her friend is awesome. You never seem to get those wingman-type characters in otome games like you do in regular harem...they should have them more often!

But yeah, I laughed a lot. 8D Natsuki is my favourite because I have it bad for guys with glasses and I thought he was just adorable >u< I hope the main guy doesn't turn out to be too much of a jerk, I hate characters that act like assholes but the girl falls in love with them anyway. >_>
Jul 8, 2011 4:48 AM

Nov 2008
Uhmm it was good, anyone that rates otherwise shouldn't be watching this genre lol
http://www.youtube.com/swiftstylez - My AMV's. I would really appreciate any comments and ratings :]

Jul 8, 2011 5:42 AM

Apr 2010
the op was fantastic!! the headmaster's entrance was good :)
I'm looking forward for more of this and more of ringo-sensei =3
Jul 8, 2011 12:35 PM

May 2008
This show is just fabulous. (ノゝ∀・)~キラ☆

Also: Wakamoto Norio cameo? NakaYuu voicing a transvestite? Can this get any better? XD
Jul 8, 2011 2:52 PM

Sep 2010
I can see myself watching this series until the end.
But dear God those eyes look jaundiced and off color but not in a cute Nia sort of way.

Jul 8, 2011 4:10 PM

Apr 2010
actualy that was realy good, i realy hope thats the op every week :3

Hayato seems alot like KAITO me gusta.jpg

"If only if only, the woodpecker cried, the bark on the tree was as soft as the sky" || ♪My mind, heart is broken♫
Jul 8, 2011 4:28 PM

Nov 2008
I personally loved it ♥
I was really looking foreword to it. Because honestly the recent anime reverse harems were a huge let down (like Starry Sky & Hakuouki) and Otome games rarely get decent adaptations, So this was really nice!.

I loved the animation! the music was okay (even though It's really cheezy) and the heroine is pretty likeable (for a reverse harem...)
I didn't think her eyes were creepy )8

But since I read a bit of the manga waaaaaaay before they announced the anime, I know some stuff already (like the whole situation with Hayato and Tokiya) *sigh*

Looking foreword to the next episode ♥
Jul 8, 2011 6:12 PM

Dec 2010
The show had a strong opening with the music and the narration...but then it turned out to be a transition to a Boy concert. Not bad, but I can't believe I just sat through listening to the song.

Woah.. Her eyes. Shiny. I like.

Rofl, that Headmaster. What an idiot lmao.

What..Ringo IS A MAN?! And I was like "damnnn who's that cute pink haired chick?" :O.

Ren, Masato, and Haruka remind me of Vampire Knight. The love triangle shit.

Wow I loved the ED song.

Looking forward to the next episode.

Jul 8, 2011 7:25 PM
Jul 2007
Anime_Name said:
I can see myself watching this series until the end.
But dear God those eyes look jaundiced and off color but not in a cute Nia sort of way.

The future of anime.
Jul 8, 2011 9:17 PM

Nov 2007
hearing mamo sing that song made me wanna barf on his rainbow chest.

BUT ANYWAY, suzuken tehehehehe....... = 3 = & holy shit nakayuu as a trap is the best thing ever?????
Jul 9, 2011 4:32 AM

May 2010
I kinda like Haruka's eyes lol.
The ending song is love <3_<3
Jul 9, 2011 7:37 AM
Jun 2008
^
.... contact lens nowadays is getting flashier every day, I hope they are not advertising this lens in the market for Anime fan = =" coz I wanna buy as well ^_^
Jul 9, 2011 7:41 AM

Mar 2011
Does this anime have like a magic genre? 8D Since in the ED or OP for the next episode, ichinose turns into a black cat. Or it's different? XD lol
I like is so far though.
Jul 9, 2011 8:02 AM
Jul 2007
-Lemon said:
I kinda like Haruka's eyes lol.
The ending song is love <3_<3

I like how her eyes are done too.
Jul 9, 2011 9:24 AM

Jul 2009
Bishies with delicious voices. Awesome animation. Miyuki Sawashiro as the main lead. An awesome opening. Norio Wakamoto. NakaYuu voiced trap.

I think I'm in heaven.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 9, 2011 11:18 AM
Jan 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Seeing the episode I can already tell you all that I am in total love with Haruka's eyes in the following,

I love them a lot and in fact I loved even seeing this early Haruka while being a child in the spoiler
I loved how Haruka got shy around Masato here. It shows she is quite honored to meet all these stars since she wants to be like them but it also shows a cute side of her. She will have to work that around eventually because in the Idol business that's how it works considering you have lots of cameras around. Already lots of people were staring at her so she got quite a good amount of attention.

Lovely scene it was with Ichinose/Haruka in the spoiler
his singing is fine but the song was meh. I did not like that kind of flow TBH.

So girls, how excited are you for the guys in this series?
I shall assume a lot. Well here is my take on them below.

In the guys I like Ren a lot in the following,

no not because I may have gay tendencies and in fact I am quite a straight person but he is a guy I would strive for to have a appearance like him IRL. Usually I could with some gym going.

• Ittoki Otoya in the spoiler
    looks more of the cool outgoing guy. I like his appearance in general no problem. He seems to be the guy who will come and help out while being funny/cool.

• Seems from the following spoiler
    there shall be BL gags and such. Well no problem it was funny and I just hope the girls in the audience shall have their fan service. I don't really care about it in this series and IMO it would be fair considering how much ass/breasts/nudes there are in the new summer series.

• Masato Hijirikawa in the spoiler
    does make me like him but only because of his beauty point. Other than that, I do think he might have a dark past and looks cold staring. Will definitely look forward to see his development.

• Ringo Tsukimiya in the spoiler
    was funny and good. I totally ROFL at the apple parody because Ringo is apple in Japanese. A hilarious cross dresser that is a teacher of all things.
I am not really am fond of Tomochika yet but she does look a little bitchy IMO.

This series is like Hana Yori Dango and Ouran High School Club except it's a Idol school setting. It could be amazing or it could be at time boring/cliche whatever cons anyone may think of but it shall be fun and is a fresh concept. I mean a I-D-O-L S-C-H-O-O-L I did not see much of that at all recently. Skip Beat had something going on in that field but nothing of a school setup like this offers. Oh the juicy drama, oh the attempted sex stuff or somewhat stuff like that and most of all the romance! The struggles! The jealous rivalries. Bring them on!

Another reverse harem after starry sky.
Jul 9, 2011 5:46 PM

May 2009
Can I just say.

Even if this show turns out to be disappointing, I'll keep watching just because of the headmaster.
I've got this burnin' like my veins are filled with nothin' but gasoline.
Jul 9, 2011 10:38 PM

Oct 2008
WAKAMOTO NORIO FUCK YEAAAAAAH
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jul 10, 2011 1:13 AM

Apr 2009
Bunny-kins said:
Oh gawd, DAT OPENING.

I have never played the game, so I had no idea what I was getting myself into.
I usually don't watch reverse harems or harems in general (Miracle Train was plain cheesy and Starry Sky was boring as hell) but this one was quite amusing.

It's cliche and campy. But I don't mind the campy-ness one bit.

This. Yeh.
Jul 10, 2011 3:14 AM

Jul 2010
The opening was EPIC WIN _O_ I totally loved the boy band feeling :P

I've been waiting for a good reverse harem anime like this, since I've seen Ouran I've tried to find a nice one but there aren't that much reverse harems so I'[m really glad with this one. I hope it'll be 24/26 ep but I guess it'll be 12/13? Well this could be become one of my fav summer animes, I love the music part and all the bishies <3

I loved Hayato's song but his voice is a bit... lower/deeper than I expected... but I totally want that poster of him! <3 Nice reason to study music btw, I like it :) I guess Hayato and the other guy are twins/borthers?
Jul 10, 2011 3:22 AM

Jun 2010
It wasn't that bad but I hope there is some story. The first episode was quite entertaining and also so... bright.

Haruka didn't annoyed me, she was decent at last. But I hope she won't turn to a shitty heroine like most reverse-harems have. Her eyes were unique too.

This might be 24-episodes, anyway.
Jul 10, 2011 3:24 AM

Oct 2010
I loved it,and I hate the main character I wish if it was her friend that was the main character and not her -__-'..

The boys are gorgeous..

Jul 11, 2011 4:47 AM

Aug 2010
One word:

Kyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa~
Jul 11, 2011 12:54 PM

May 2009
nekonekogirl said:
Bishies with delicious voices. Awesome animation. Miyuki Sawashiro as the main lead. An awesome opening. Norio Wakamoto. NakaYuu voiced trap.

I think I'm in heaven.
Sounds about right.
Jul 11, 2011 10:50 PM

May 2011
The guys are so HANDSOME Love reverse Harem anime.

Haruka's eyes- Yes its a problem definitely. They could have been just green or just yellow (like a demon :P)

Another catchy thing about this series it definitely the Music Theme. Love seeing those Nodame Cantabile and La Corda D'oro had excellent collection of Western Classical songs. Uta no prince sama seems to be more of a Pop music theme series which gives a fresh start to the theme.

Maji Love 1000% OP was absolutely GROOVY AND AWESOME !!!!!! ED too. and the song in ep 2 is really nice as well. Will take some time to sink in.

Looking forward to the next episodes. A Good show :)
Jul 12, 2011 6:21 AM

May 2010
The main fact I started to watch UtaPri is because Miyano Mamoru lends his voice to one of the characters. I was never disappointed of the animes he was part of. And what a surprise, he met my expectations also this time.

I really love the art and the story, hopefully this series will get more than 12 episodes. The OSTs of UtaPri are so lovable, it is definetly worth watching only because of the music!

My rating for now is 10/10 <3
Jul 13, 2011 3:49 PM

Feb 2009
I totally enjoyed this first episode! It looks kinda melodramatic and over the top but I'm such a sucker for reverse harem, and this one looks so nice, I can't imagine not loving this show. I think it's similar to Kiniro no Corda which I loved! Although I will have to see more episodes to be sure ofcourse. I already like Masato, Tokiya en Ren. Although I think Tokiya has the most promise. :D

Might also try the game after the anime is over. Wouldn't wanna spoil myself!
Jul 14, 2011 12:49 AM

Dec 2010
Even though i havnt played the games of this, i am loving it already. The beginning where the main boy characters sang and danced was really cheesy , but K-pop stars actually dance like that.. so that was depicted really well.
I think that the Male characters was introduced really well. OMG. HOTNESS HERE in this anime!!!! >w<
I dont really mind Haruko's friend yet...shes jst the typical girl who loves fashion, you can see this as her nails and everything is done nicely.
THE *MAIN* character Haruko, is actually very likable. She isnt the useless type who need saving all the time. She has a *goal* and she is very nice and caring, and i am guessing she has talent as she was accepted into that school.
LOVING IT SO FAR!!
Miyano Mamoru's songs are actually really good here.
The president of the academy's seiyuu --> Norio Wakamoto
I jst start LAUGHING when ever i hear his voice like that... i dont know why, i just find it soooo extremely funny. Maybe it was also because i watched Hayate no Combat Butler!!.
good!!~
Jul 21, 2011 9:06 PM

Jun 2009
Even though it was very cliche, predictable and cheesy at times, I was totally buying into it. I was really into this until I saw the last two minutes, when it turned into an anime version of Twilight. Now I'm not sure what to think :/
Jul 23, 2011 12:17 PM

Oct 2007
SO FABULOUS and totally ridiculous. probably wouldn't have enjoyed this as much as i did without the comments on nico, lol.
Jul 26, 2011 12:18 AM

Aug 2010
I LOVE IT! <3

the songs are great!!

first time in my life that I act as a fangirl 0__x ,, but the songs are just awesome!
especially the OP song, i keep on listening to it =D

When I first saw this i didn't plan to watch it, but then i saw the bishies and now it is my favorite anime =)
Jul 27, 2011 12:07 PM

Dec 2009
Mamoru-sama's songs were just awesome <3
And that was an epic headmaster....
Jul 27, 2011 8:06 PM

Jul 2009
First of all, everyone's eyes are awesome haha XD Haruka ... her voice. Kill me now. I can tell I'm gonna hate her soon probably D:
Other than that, the songs are pretty awesome. LOL @ THE OP XD ED was pretty good too. Obviously the guy at the end is a twin ... maybe :P The guys are pretty cool but hope they don't ruin this by making it a MASSIVE REVERSE HAREM, that's how La Corda D'Oro was ruined IMO ;S
TROLLOLOL MAMORU IS THE TWIN / ED SINGER XD
Other people's voices sound kind of familiar too lol :P
Aug 7, 2011 11:31 AM

Oct 2009
Wow very fast introduction, don't know yet if I like her eyes though?? I guess I'll have to get used to them he he..
Aug 19, 2011 6:02 PM

Sep 2008
FUCK!
I knew I should not have watched this; the op was enough to make me cum.
For now I think I am going to stay faithful to Takuto. Masato is really high up there, but I wonder why Fukuyama is not voicing him...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 16, 2011 10:23 PM

Mar 2009
That opening. My jaw... just dropped to the floor.
Sep 24, 2011 10:07 PM

Dec 2009
GAWD - THE OPENING. SO. MUCH. LOVE. MUST - GET - CD (´・ω・`)

But, no seriously, that opening is just so amazing I need to get a CD of the song(s) as soon as possible. And, I loved it so much more than I thought I would! Predictable at times, yes, but so bubbly and catchy I just can't help but to love it. Must continue watch it now.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love 1000% Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Myloxeth - Jul 16, 2011

69 by Rajidae »»
Sep 16, 7:41 AM

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love 1000% Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Myloxeth - Jul 9, 2011

93 by Rajidae »»
Sep 16, 7:39 AM

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love 1000% Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

vanissa45 - Sep 24, 2011

138 by blisscast »»
Jul 4, 5:46 AM

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love 1000% Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

vanissa45 - Aug 20, 2011

87 by blisscast »»
Jul 4, 2:07 AM

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love 1000% Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 3, 2011

78 by Netbug »»
Aug 24, 2023 11:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.