Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 27, 2011 8:18 PM

Apr 2008
busters said:
TIGER
AND
BUNNY
HELD
HANDS

And... this would be the beginning of a (noncanon) love story.

I kyaa-ed!!

best episode ever!

but can't help but notice that there are too many predicatble stuff going on. Hope there won't be any after this.
May 28, 2011 3:44 AM
Mar 2011
jacobpaige said:
so why didn't Edward just sink himself and the two criminals into the ground? And what exactly did he think that Origami could do to help him in that situation that the cops couldn't do?

I suspect because he thought Origami was backing him up, had he understood his friend would naturally freeze he might have been a little more imaginative since once he got that gun off the thug he should have discarded it and gone for the hostage using his ability to keep the thugs attention so once she was clear the police could take over, unfortunately he didn't understand its not the points thats important its the people although maybe not so much property damage if you take Tiger's comments to heart!

jacobpaige said:
Origami needs a lot more practice at using his power in a combat situation, he made it way to easy to tell who the real criminal was.

I figured Lunatic had to be either involved in the hero program or hacking into its communications system (otherwise his timing couldn't have been that good for attacking the church) but I wasn't really expecting him to be the man in charge of it.

I hope that school teaches a normal curriculum too, most of those people will never be heroes (unless they become cops or fire fighters or something).

Lunatic being head of the judges was a surprise, makes you wonder how many know of his past given his obvious proclivities, this doesn't seem a world where you could hide your NEXT status at least once you've activated that is so given his remarks makes me wonder what his game really is, is he setting up the board to be taken down and himself put in charge?
May 28, 2011 3:49 AM

Nov 2006
hey lunatic, bro, light imagay did this already and he failed p. badly, so i think you should reevaluate your life and choices.

and how is this show so heartwarming? i about lost it with that scene at the end. barnaby is finally coming arounnnndddddd
May 28, 2011 12:07 PM

Mar 2011
windy said:
hey lunatic, bro, light imagay did this already and he failed p. badly, so i think you should reevaluate your life and choices.

This. ^^
May 28, 2011 8:20 PM

Aug 2008
great episode! Nice to see Origami Cyclone get some of the spotlight. He definitely doesn't have an offensive power, but for a "ninja" it can certainly be useful. He just has to use his head more.

May 29, 2011 11:11 AM

May 2010
I don't know what to think about this ep.

Also, why can't Edward just sink to the ground when he was held by the kidnapper and to avoid Lunatic's flame?? Ability cooldown??

And the fight was kinda cheesy but the character developments did well.

Tiger did a good job being a hero-teacher. xD
May 29, 2011 1:20 PM

Jul 2009
Ahh, great episode! Although I do agree Edward should have sunk himself into the ground, but meh, whatever :P
Tiger is so awesome! His pep speeches are so :3 Plus, I like how they introduce the other members of the Heroes ... Origami sure has a cool power! ;O
Just gonna say, I LOVE the animation in this series lol XD
Besides, Lunatic totally reminds me of Light, like his whole concept of justice and killing the criminals ... give it up, you don't have a Shinigami on your side and even Light failed :P
BUNNY JUST ADMIT YOU LIKE HIM OKAY ;3
May 30, 2011 9:58 AM

Feb 2011
Not a bad episode. It's good that they are developing each character in turn. It'll be interesting when it comes to Sky High's turn cause so far he is represented and seen as just too overly... happy(?)

Lunatic is kinda overpowered though. He could match their speed and strength plus shoot flame bolts plus his armor suffers only a crack when hit by Tiger using his power too... I mean did you see what Tiger did to that rail track in the first episode.

But it's all still fun to watch. :D
May 30, 2011 12:00 PM

Jun 2008
adamantine said:
herox3 said:
Shape-shifting ability is useless?
He needs to learn the possibilities of that ability. God, what I can do with that ability. -grins-
Honestly, it's a better ability for a villain in this series. I'd throw him in covert ops but this series seems to not have any as everyone is theatrical.

Barnaby is starting to defrost :D

Yeah you can do awesome staff with that but not really on the hero side if you think about it. Now if you wanted to be an assassin though. Well that's just perfect.

Wait my dirty mind thought something crazy. Can he turn into a woman?

Well the episode wasn't very good though and i expected more from the guy than just being a traumatized ex-teenager.
Btw that sand guy has the perfect ability for escaping. Couldn't he really escape from Lunatic? It seems to me is quite easy with his kind of power.

Next week is that girl that seems to be very capable hero until now. I was really interested in her and she seems like she may be a lot of fun. Can't wait to see what her character is like.

senerikfred said:
The cheesy action during the climax bothered me-Kotetsu jumping way out in front of Bunny rather than trying to pull him aside, like he did with Edward and Origami, and not getting severe burns from Lunatic's flames(which are supposed to be really powerful) were just plain illogical.

Yeah that was quite badly written.
MonadJun 3, 2011 11:30 AM
May 31, 2011 9:52 AM

Jan 2011
Lol since Origami such a anime fan why doesn't he watch naruto? He could learn that shape shifting is a very important skill from that show xD.

Dude Tiger and lunatics double punch was awesome I like how they made it so Tiger and bunny can throw down even without the suits.
[center]
Jun 2, 2011 3:42 AM
Mar 2011
Dxx said:
Not a bad episode. It's good that they are developing each character in turn. It'll be interesting when it comes to Sky High's turn cause so far he is represented and seen as just too overly... happy(?)

Lunatic is kinda overpowered though. He could match their speed and strength plus shoot flame bolts plus his armor suffers only a crack when hit by Tiger using his power too... I mean did you see what Tiger did to that rail track in the first episode.

Just had a thought...
What if Lunatic's flame is intensified if the target is "guilty" I mean its power is derived not just from pyrokinesis but from the target's moral stance?

So when he hit Tiger, Kotetsu's absolute moral integrity insured he wasn't burned like the others were who I assume were all criminals and perhaps because he wasn't mired in grief, anger, the negative emotions that also helped since I think Lunatic wasn't expecting to get hit at all!

That blow might have been more glancing and the fact it actually cracked might seem much more important as this anime series goes on.

Could Lunatic be an empath?

He was able to tell Origami from Edward at a seeming glance and a somewhat odd choice of phrase which suggests this might be the case so his power allows him to keep his opponents off their best which is why Barnaby (or should I say Burnaby?) hasn't been able to even touch him and yet and unarmored and distinctly overexuberant Tiger has managed to hit him TWICE.
The first with his grab line which he can't be said to have mastered and then that punch which he did without the protection of his body armour which makes me wonder if perhaps Lunatic has good reason to be afraid of Tiger...
Jun 2, 2011 12:30 PM

Jan 2011
darkwintre said:
Dxx said:

Just had a thought...
What if Lunatic's flame is intensified if the target is "guilty" I mean its power is derived not just from pyrokinesis but from the target's moral stance?

So when he hit Tiger, Kotetsu's absolute moral integrity insured he wasn't burned like the others were who I assume were all criminals and perhaps because he wasn't mired in grief, anger, the negative emotions that also helped since I think Lunatic wasn't expecting to get hit at all!

That blow might have been more glancing and the fact it actually cracked might seem much more important as this anime series goes on.

He was able to tell Origami from Edward at a seeming glance and a somewhat odd choice of phrase which suggests this might be the case so his power allows him to keep his opponents off their best which is why Barnaby (or should I say Burnaby?) hasn't been able to even touch him and yet and unarmored and distinctly overexuberant Tiger has managed to hit him TWICE.
The first with his grab line which he can't be said to have mastered and then that punch which he did without the protection of his body armour which makes me wonder if perhaps Lunatic has good reason to be afraid of Tiger...
He also seems to have taken interest in tiger if you look at the after credits he is on Tiger's facebook page (or wikipedia whatever) so you might be right.
[center]
Jun 3, 2011 11:12 AM

Dec 2007
Nice character development, loved it!
Jun 3, 2011 3:00 PM

Aug 2009
darkwintre said:
Dxx said:

Just had a thought...

This is one of the most fascinating theories I have ever encountered... I really hope it's true too! That would make the writers pure geniuses!
Jul 4, 2011 12:37 PM

Oct 2010
darkwintre said:
Dxx said:

Just had a thought...

i agree!!! thats the most logical approach, but nice analytical skills there!!
and finally, we get to see cyclones power!!!!!!!! XD
Aug 10, 2011 5:25 AM

Nov 2008
busters said:
TIGER
AND
BUNNY
HELD
HANDS

Shirt said:
( ゚ ヮ゚)ノ゙
“Y-You’ve got a great smile..”
Oct 25, 2011 6:39 PM

Oct 2011
Origami Cyclone should use a katana sword !!
Dec 27, 2011 12:13 AM

Nov 2007
Haha, so much soft BL in this ep. XD Love it.

Hoping for more backstory on the other characters (as well as Tiger) in the next few eps!
Mar 10, 2012 12:23 PM

Dec 2009
Hah, Origami is an interesting guy. Alright episode.
Mar 17, 2012 2:41 PM

Jul 2011
Lunatic's point of view is similar with Light Yagami which i hate

i feel bad abput what edward went through... :(
Apr 1, 2012 12:15 AM

Oct 2011
This episode was SO good.

THEY
HELD
HANDS.

YESSS THE FUJOSHI INSIDE ME IS SO PLEASED
THEY SERIOUSLY HELD HANDS.

I love Ivan's design.
|ω・)
Apr 5, 2012 7:13 PM

Dec 2010
this is why i love SUNRISE
their works are awesome
「J>K>W」
事実。
Sep 26, 2012 12:24 PM

Mar 2012
Haha, I thought that one guy in the group was gonna go Super Saiyan on us.
Mar 1, 2013 10:49 PM

Nov 2007
Lawl, I thought the same thing as TravSavage... but then he just gave himself a haircut. >.< He has a great smile! Put a few of them together, and they could be Mr. Fantastic. XD Sweat lady was.... *skin crawls* Makes me think of Dr. Horrible's Sing-a-long blog, and his friend, who can make things damp.

I must have not been paying attention, because I missed this hand holding. Or rather, I remember it, but it didn't call to my inner fujoshi. Or maybe it's just because I still can't seem to bring myself to like Burnaby. ^^;

Kotetsu finally got to look cool. :3 That made me the happiest in the episode. They need to do that more. Though I do wonder, his daughter has poofed. Doesn't she live with her dad at all?

Origami is adorable. I want to cuddle. Seriously. Transforming has totally useful purposes, he just needs to learn how to apply it. And maybe not have the suit. Can he transform the suit?
Mar 6, 2013 11:27 AM

Feb 2013
When I saw Ivan.. he looked like he's from some final fantasy game.. Ivan, Van, Tidus.. :/

I wish I had his power!! even for one day... -_-"

Tiger: Bunny?
Bunny: Yes? (I gave a creepy smile, since he didn't argue about it)
Jul 3, 2013 10:02 AM

Jul 2009
ace episode :D

and finally they showed Origami's face!!

and yeah he kinda look like a Final Fantasy character XD

likely Tidus with Vaans Monochrome hair

even though we saw it at the opening, it's always nice to see him in the actual animation!

lol the students at the academy is more in line of circuit freaks rather than heroes XD

even though it was an accident, edward shouldn't have interfered in the incident in the first place.

he should have been prepared for consequence if he fails.

and yeah Lunatic was obviously that judge :P

next episode about Dragon Girl!!!
Jul 5, 2013 12:28 AM

Apr 2010
They held hands-- Now Barnaby is having second thoughts...Ahhh I love these hints of BL~ I should be ashamed that I approve of them being together despite the fact Kotetsu has a daughter~

I can't help myself!

Also. Barnaby's kicks. I like the way he kicks, is that weird?

About the Lunatic, I knew him since that episode where he burnt the news paper on the street, and pretty much knew that he was the cause for the fire in the prison not Fire Emblem!

Kinda ruined the mystery for me--

But this episode was great. So many feels, I want more of that.
Jun 15, 2014 1:55 PM

Sep 2013
Lunatic is a pretty cool villain. i see he was doing some research at the end there on Tiger and Bunny, i wonder what for. Poor Ivan, he lost a friend :(
Aug 3, 2014 9:36 AM

May 2012
Nice episode, quite funny first part and more interesting second part, especially the epilogue was interesting!
Jan 15, 2015 10:35 AM

Jul 2012
I love the buildup in this episode. Can't wait to see more of lunatic. The ending was great how he was finally revealed. I love how similar his morales are to Dexter's from the western TV show. :P
Mar 2, 2015 12:19 AM

Nov 2013
Lunatic seems almost exactly like Light only he doesn't kill criminals with a notebook.

Barnaby seems to be liking Kotetsu a bit more.

Yep. It was obvious that Lunatic was the judge.

Still an alright episode though.

6.5/10

Dec 12, 2015 2:22 AM
Jun 2013
wow it must suck to get stuck with some of these powers. we actually see origamis power and it doesint make sense for him to wear armor. cant really fully blame edward for his action. you mean lunatic was that judge guy NO WAY :p. Also nice to see some bonding with bunny and tiger.
Sep 6, 2016 1:56 AM

Dec 2010
This style of episodes is what's best about this anime and this one did well.
Feb 3, 2017 6:02 PM

Feb 2016
Wow, Origami has an amazing ability! Perfect for espionage.

Why did Ivan decide to be a hero?!? Surely graduating from that academy and being a hero taught him the difference of raw power between him and his peers.

It's like a chameleon wanting to be a komodo dragon.

Once again I picked up another annoying issue with this show. Why didn't Edward simply sink into the ground? Why? Because we needed Ivan to be the hero..

Why do we, the viewer, need to fill in the gaps and excuse these flaws with unsubstantiated excuses like ability cool down.... Sigh.
Cloud_IllusionFeb 3, 2017 6:09 PM
Nothing can happen until you swing the bat.
Oct 9, 2018 9:43 AM
Aug 2012
Another episode that is making me love this series, even more, we got to learn about another hero past!, Origami. I wish his copying powers also included the copying ability of the others powers, he would be extremely useful. Happy to finally see Bunny taking a liking to Tiger, he's really been trying his best to take him under his wing. Cannot wait to see more!
Jul 1, 2020 12:10 PM

May 2018
Origami Cyclone's power really is very niche indeed. Only useful for spy operations
Aug 21, 2020 9:37 AM
Oct 2019
Schwing. Schwing. Lolz

His ability isn't the most useful even if it's pretty cool. What's the purpose of his outfit?
Sep 6, 2022 9:40 AM

May 2015
Ivan is a little bit surprising.
Jan 3, 2023 8:46 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Lunatic appears one more time and has cool information!!! kekeke
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Blackbird - Jul 23, 2011

125 by Twicky_ »»
Aug 10, 10:16 PM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Sep 17, 2011

214 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Jul 25, 1:32 PM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Paiguy - May 14, 2011

74 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Jul 15, 3:05 PM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Monochrome - Apr 2, 2011

147 by DanEndra_Tensei »»
Dec 17, 2023 5:27 AM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Paiguy - Jun 18, 2011

93 by Destroyer31 »»
Sep 4, 2023 8:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.