Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 23, 6:18 PM
Aug 2018
quintopia said:
Every week I'm reminded just how incredible this show is. If it weren't for Oshi no Ko, I'd be sure it's the best of the season, and even between them, it's close.

I can't wait to hear all Saki's diary entries covering these most recent events.

like these kind of opinions are insanity to me and im a fan of romance shows...
How on earth are those 2 even remotely comparable ??
I'm not even a fan of oshi no ko but saying this stalemate of a show is any close to it is completely asine.

we talking comparing tokyo blade arc to heating up buttered toast for almost 10 mins just for her to change opinion on going to the pool.
Dude said like 3 times hes not dating the girl at his job but shes lowkey obsessed for the sake of furthering the awkward aaah love plot she can't let it go... and we're compairing it to tokyo blade ???!?!?!

I really hope episode 9 is a banger & not some flashback to the past "we knew each other" as kids trope garbage like we see in all the terrible romance shows that never see light of the day like they seem to hit at with the ending.
Aug 23, 6:57 PM

Jul 2023
I am laughing right now at how some people, men with poor taste, can't see greatness when it stares right at them in the face.

I know this meme has become meaningless in that so many people use this in anime when it should not apply.

But in this particular anime, it is appropriate. Remember when Scorsese ruffled some feathers when he judged Marvel movies as not cinema compared to some earlier movies? Having seen a few of those artistic movies, I would have to agree. It's like the big difference between something made to sell DVDs compared to something done for the sake of artistry.

For people who appreciate Days with My Stepsister, I recommend reading some Thompson & Bordwell as well as some Bruce Block. This anime's sound design is great.

And oh, I rate this higher than Oshi no Ko despite really liking OnK.

ETA: Some are even claiming that this is 'carried over by animation.' FOR FUCK'S SAKE! I say that even if Studio DEEN gave this a so-so animation, I would have given this a high rating due to 'being carried by its writing.'

The light novels are a pleasure to read, but the animation gives it a different experience.
patkarununganAug 24, 9:16 AM
Aug 23, 8:02 PM
Jan 2022
HOOfan_1 said:
Uses chop sticks to pick up ham and place it on bread...then picks up bread with hands to eat it....what was the point of the chop sticks exactly?

He picked up ham with chop sticks cause he didn't wanna get his hands greasy and dry toast can be eaten with hands easier without getting your hands dirty.

Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it.
Aug 23, 8:54 PM
Jul 2024
this episode was fine but little boring
Aug 23, 9:33 PM

Feb 2019
Reply to Ripperdoc
HOOfan_1 said:
Uses chop sticks to pick up ham and place it on bread...then picks up bread with hands to eat it....what was the point of the chop sticks exactly?

He picked up ham with chop sticks cause he didn't wanna get his hands greasy and dry toast can be eaten with hands easier without getting your hands dirty.

Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it.
@Ripperdoc Except that it was an open faced sandwich...so he was still touching the ham and buttered toast

Observation is actually pretty easy...
HOOfan_1Aug 23, 9:37 PM
Aug 23, 11:43 PM

Aug 2017
HOOfan_1 said:
Except that it was an open faced sandwich...so he was still touching the ham and buttered toast

I am with you here. Unless one eats the sandwich only touching the bottom part.

Adverrito said:
guess we'll be getting a pool scene with sexy bikinis in the next episode

YES unless the show tries to be too MATURE and shows them brooding with a bunch of dialogue instead, and the gyaru covering everything up. Let's get some ECCHI and NOSEBLEED soon
CarbonMDAug 23, 11:51 PM
Aug 24, 2:48 AM
Aug 2018
Ripperdoc said:
HOOfan_1 said:

can definitely tell you didn't engage much with the episode then cause he spends minutes eating his open faced piece of bread and you can clearly see him grabbing that shit

ego aah type viewer is crazy
people really trying to sell this as the smartest anime is wild
Aug 24, 3:27 AM
Jan 2022
CarbonMD said:
HOOfan_1 said:
Except that it was an open faced sandwich...so he was still touching the ham and buttered toast

I am with you here. Unless one eats the sandwich only touching the bottom part.

Adverrito said:
guess we'll be getting a pool scene with sexy bikinis in the next episode

YES unless the show tries to be too MATURE and shows them brooding with a bunch of dialogue instead, and the gyaru covering everything up. Let's get some ECCHI and NOSEBLEED soon

He was touching between the two ham steaks. What do you think our boy is dumb?
Aug 24, 2:22 PM
Jul 2024
Reply to HOOfan_1
@HOOfan_1 exactly, seems pointless to me. If all the ham had been on a shared plate, or if they sliced up the bread and ate with chopsticks... But this!?
Aug 24, 2:35 PM
Jul 2024
Reply to Thyriad-oPPailov
The animation of him eating the toast was so stupid.. if the animation is the only appeal of this boring show then they should do better.. first he was not even touching the toast with mouth then he was taking bites but the toast was the same size :D same for her toast but she at least looked like she is biting it ;d

also never seen wireless headphones working with old tape player.. where is the cable?.. its not iphone or such...
@Thyriad-oPPailov could be a battery powered bluetooth transmitter/receiver with 3.5mm jack line this https://www.amazon.com/GMCELL-Bluetooth-Transmitter-Streaming-Headphones/dp/B08XNP171S

Or just lazy animation, wouldn't be the first time 😉
Aug 25, 12:23 AM
Mar 2021
Acho muita crueldade esses ``ganchos´´ no final de cada episodio hahaha
Eles acham que eu vou aguentar ate a próxima semana sem nenhum conteúdo? Não me culpem se eu for olhar o mangá lol
Aug 25, 1:56 AM
Jan 2018
Why does bro sound like he's always out of breath?
Aug 28, 9:05 AM

Apr 2018
Saki-chan getting tsun tsun
Aug 28, 12:15 PM
Mar 2020
Reply to xPhellt
quintopia said:
Every week I'm reminded just how incredible this show is. If it weren't for Oshi no Ko, I'd be sure it's the best of the season, and even between them, it's close.

I can't wait to hear all Saki's diary entries covering these most recent events.

like these kind of opinions are insanity to me and im a fan of romance shows...
How on earth are those 2 even remotely comparable ??
I'm not even a fan of oshi no ko but saying this stalemate of a show is any close to it is completely asine.

we talking comparing tokyo blade arc to heating up buttered toast for almost 10 mins just for her to change opinion on going to the pool.
Dude said like 3 times hes not dating the girl at his job but shes lowkey obsessed for the sake of furthering the awkward aaah love plot she can't let it go... and we're compairing it to tokyo blade ???!?!?!

I really hope episode 9 is a banger & not some flashback to the past "we knew each other" as kids trope garbage like we see in all the terrible romance shows that never see light of the day like they seem to hit at with the ending.
@xPhellt they are only comparable because i am watching them both. and the only metric i have for comparison is how much i like them. it's fine for you to disagree.
Aug 28, 3:47 PM
Nov 2010
Reply to Zxstu
The tapes at the end??? Did Yuta have his own diary? And did Saki find it and is now listening to it? And I wonder how that girl in Yuta class that picked up whatever was on the ground gonna fit in this story. I can see her becoming Saki first real friend bc off first impression they seem to have similar personalities.
@Zxstu I'm wondering if her declining to go and not let Yuuta go was out of consideration for the tape of Yuuta and his dad talking about their mom and the pool. It's kind of a big assumption on her part but would fit her odd behavior (besides simply being slightly jealous of his casual relationship with Shiori.
Aug 28, 6:47 PM
Dec 2017
The way she spread the butter on her toast was absolutely appalling; dreadfully inconsistent coverage!

But other than that, it was another fantastic episode! This show is so great
Aug 29, 7:19 AM
May 2024

A great series without clichés. I love it
Aug 30, 8:32 AM
Sep 2021
Just a good time & living their life type of episode. Felt warm & relaxed.
Aug 30, 10:36 AM
Nov 2022
If there had been a declaration of love in this episode, this anime would be top tier 🚬

Unfortunately, that wasn't the case.
Sep 1, 8:34 AM
Aug 2020
I can only watch 1 episode a day so as not to disrupt my sleep schedule, every time I watch it I feel an unbearable desire to sleep forever
there is a huge difference between relaxing things and boring things
crap like this is pretty bland
Sep 2, 12:33 AM
Nov 2022
nothing's keeping me hooked to the story. they're talking like awkward colleagues, their conversation seems too mature (and boring) for their age, and their personalities are dull. it would be more interesting if they actually adapt into normal half siblings their age (could be close but also that kind of sibling that don't really bond), and the romance subject would be Yuta and Shiori. though the animation was so good (i like the melancholic tone), i made up my mind to drop this.
wilyzleSep 2, 12:44 AM
Sep 4, 5:42 AM

Jun 2017
i like the girl is slowly starting to open up about her real feelings
Sep 5, 5:32 PM
Dec 2023
I watch this anime after my practices to cool off I really like this anime and like to see what thir doing everyday
Sep 7, 1:12 AM

Jul 2022
Oh, I just realized. Saki was actually born with black hair? It seems like after she was in either junior high or high school, she changed her hair color to blonde.

This episode, it becomes more apparent that Saki has feelings for Yuta, even though it seems Yuta doesn't. Just like being jealous when seeing Yuta with Shiori, so are her hand movements.

In the end, Saki finally wants to join them in the pool! Is this a sign that Saki will change? Let's see!
Sep 11, 1:12 PM

Jun 2019
Another great episode. We really struggled to convince Saki for the pool but we were successful in the end which is great. The breakfast was great.
Sep 17, 9:31 PM

Apr 2015
Reply to wilyzle
nothing's keeping me hooked to the story. they're talking like awkward colleagues, their conversation seems too mature (and boring) for their age, and their personalities are dull. it would be more interesting if they actually adapt into normal half siblings their age (could be close but also that kind of sibling that don't really bond), and the romance subject would be Yuta and Shiori. though the animation was so good (i like the melancholic tone), i made up my mind to drop this.
@wilyzle Them acting mature is very much the point, they were forced to grow up quickly due to their parents' divorce
Sep 19, 6:56 PM

Dec 2016
A little late to the party, but whatever.

This is probably my favorite episode in the series due to the direction, cinematography and smart use of both limited and elaborated animation. The scene where Asamura offers to make Ayase's breakfast it's so well done with so little animation, but still looking like a AAA production. The small shot where both of them are talking face to face and the shot pans slowly towards Ayase's face, rolls down to her feet and goes back to Asamura and he finally leaves the shot looks pretty profesional without being too complex. The whole elongated cut of them passing over the butter to put on their toast and actually animating the whole process of preparing their toast was really satisfiying to watch (tons of other shows would just do a "cut to scene" and animate and upper shot from their torso upwards preparing their toasts out of frame). Tons of other shows would had been incredibly cliched with Ayase making a huge verbal overreaction about how good the toast tastes and would also exagerate her facial expressions about it. In here it looked really well animated and subtle, we could easily tell she tought the toast was pretty good without verbal confirmation nor an overreaction.

Ayase and her mom's flashback actually felt relevant to the current story and Ayase's rush to growing up and being independant. Again, in some other shows flashbacks would serve as exposition and pretentious herring for a bigger event in future episodes that would inheritely fall flat anyways (looking at you Alya hides in Russian).
KimurahSep 19, 7:01 PM
Sep 25, 8:39 AM

Dec 2022
Great episode...
Oct 12, 10:52 PM
Dec 2022
Summer vacation drags on and the uneasiness between Yuta and Saki continues. The question of taking a break and going to the poll agitates Saki when Yuta brings it up. In the end, Saki decided to go along and takes a break after Yuta telling her to take rest when she was way tired.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gimai Seikatsu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 19

170 by basspig »»
Yesterday, 10:41 PM

Poll: » Gimai Seikatsu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 12

90 by basspig »»
Oct 14, 10:19 PM

Poll: » Gimai Seikatsu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 5

60 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Oct 13, 12:13 AM

Poll: » Gimai Seikatsu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 29

116 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Oct 12, 11:38 PM

Poll: » Gimai Seikatsu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 15

91 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Oct 12, 10:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.